Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Patience Gentlemen, You Mark My Words.......This Storm WILL Pass.

Read 13178 times
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Patience Gentlemen, You Mark My Words.......This Storm WILL Pass.
      Jan 25, 2008 12:57:54 pm
      There has been a lot of grief recently, and a lot of people have made idiots of themselves. Hicks included.

But I believe Gillette has reined him in and spoken some sense into him.

Lets look at the facts:-

Refinancing? Check.

Central Cover in Skrtel: Check

New Revised Stadium: Check

Dumping Sissoko: Check

Consolidating Mascherano: Check

Rafa Still Our Manager: Check

Still In Champions League? Check

Anybody running around with a bloody DIC banner needs to have a bloody good look at themselves in the mirror. Yes, Hicks made an AWFUL error by undermining Rafa and by engaging Rafa in the manner he did but HEY...push came to shove, the money was there for the Skrtel lad when we needed it, the same way it was there for Babel and for Torres.

So lets settle down now to a calmer period.
      L.F.C.
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Re: Patience Gentlemen, You Mark My Words.......This Storm WILL Pass.
      Reply #1: Jan 25, 2008 01:13:38 pm
      They mustv done somethin bad as f***in alex furgeson has cme out sayin they were out of order so i dont no wat 2 think about these yanks anymore
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #2: Jan 25, 2008 01:16:03 pm
      They mustv done somethin bad as f***in alex furgeson has cme out sayin they were out of order so I dont no wat 2 think about these yanks anymore

Don't be naieve friend, Ferguson and DIC never turn down a chance to put the boot in and take advantage of somebody elses misfortune. What Ferguson did he did to undermine Rafa further, in otherwords "Look At Me, I'm Big Sir Alex, I Have it Made, So Made In Fact I am Able to Feel Sorry For Rafa"....you think he gives a toss about Rafa mate??? Think again.

As for DIC...all they did was try and show up like Wolves to take advantage of a credit bubble that had burst and which they thought might let them back in the door.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2008 01:19:28 pm
      Some people just don't get it yet.

TODAY means Rafa leaves in the summer - it's quite simple.

He will be professional, controlled, calm and cool from here to May - but leave HE WILL...

Why do you think he contacted the Manager's association - to stick around ffs?

NO - to ensure his contract is fully paid-off when HE LEAVES in the summer (SOLID constructive dismissal case).

Looking forward to hearing who the next miracle (special) worker is going to be.... and who he brings with him... Maureen and Pako anybody?

Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 25, 2008 01:19:56 pm
      Everybody.  I think they have Troffy.  He has gone over to the darkside!!!

Was Skrtel his no1 choice?  You don't know that
      Mascherano deal is not done and dusted yet.
      Sissoko has nothing to do with H&G
      Rafa's only our manager because he either loves Liverpool and the fans too much or waiting for a pay off,  that is no thanks to H&G.

I'm sorry, but they have disrupted the team, lowered the morale of the fans and p****ed off the manager.  Bad Times!!!!
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #5: Jan 25, 2008 01:23:12 pm
      Rafa said Skrtel was his first choice in that he didn't have £15m for the other defenders, and when you consider that Chelsea only forked out £8m for theirs I think you have your answer. Nobody is spending double figures on defenders.

In mentioning Sissoko I think you are missing the point: Not ALL of our problems have to do with Hicks and Gillett....don't forget that either.

Yes, "they" {HICKS} has done some bad things...

But, as I say...

New Stadium...Refinancing complete, Sissoko gone......

You would be advised to get behind these Yanks, cos they are here to stay. Like it or leave it...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Jan 25, 2008 01:25:26 pm
      Rafa's only our manager because he either loves Liverpool and the fans too much or waiting for a pay off,  that is no thanks to H&G.

I'm sorry, but they have disrupted the team, lowered the morale of the fans and p****ed off the manager.  Bad Times!!!!

Good points.

I think Rafa is genuinely in love with Liverpool, it's people, the city and it's football culture... but enough is enough, a man can only take so many lies - and he is way too talented a football man to be sucking-off for a few more years.

Yes, he probably is working on his summer pay-off - but wouldn't you in the same circumstances...

THIS IS A SAD DAY FOR EVERY -GENUINE- LIVERPOOL FC SUPPORTER AROUND THE WORLD.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #7: Jan 25, 2008 01:25:42 pm
      Troffy what about what DonRafael said about Rafa? He's going because of H&G

Then where does that leave us?

If H&G idea of a replacement for Rafa is someone like Klinsmann, with no experience of managing  at club level , God help us

If Rafa is replaced they'll just get a 'Yes' man in - simple as
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008 01:29:52 pm by LondonRed »
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #8: Jan 25, 2008 01:27:32 pm
      Troffy what about what DonRafael said about Rafa? He's going because of H&G

Then where does that leave us?

He is still here. So no more speculation. He is still here.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Jan 25, 2008 01:31:50 pm
      I wonder how many of us will want Rafa as manager when if dont finish in the top 4 this season,i think the yanks will give him until may and see whats happens before making any changes.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 25, 2008 01:33:44 pm
      Troffy.  He is still here your right, but he's not happy!

Tell me Troffy do you agree to this line

Because if you do, then I think you should see that these pair are not good for Liverpool FC.  
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #11: Jan 25, 2008 01:36:25 pm
      I wonder how many of us will want Rafa as manager when if dont finish in the top 4 this season,I think the yanks will give him until may and see whats happens before making any changes.

Kelv78. If you have anyone to blame or hold in judgment if Liverpool are outside the top four come May, then look no further than H & G
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Jan 25, 2008 01:37:32 pm
      Kelv 78. If you have anyone to blame or hold in judgment if Liverpool are outside the top four, then look no further than H & G

I dont see how we can blame it all on them they dont pick the team neither are they on the pitch.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2008 01:39:19 pm
      Kelv78. If you have anyone to blame or hold in judgment if Liverpool are outside the top four come May, then look no further than H & G

Thats a terrible misguided attitude matey.

Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 25, 2008 01:42:04 pm
      Troffy Fair play in replying to people, but you are talking absolute rubbish my friend.  Why are you defending these people??
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #15: Jan 25, 2008 01:45:17 pm
      Troffy Fair play in replying to people, but you are talking absolute rubbish my friend.  Why are you defending these people??

How so??

As soon as Gillett and Hicks took over this club we made our record signing...and another one just 1.5 mill short of our previous record. Then Rafa doesn't play them.....and criticises their record in the transfer window!!!!!!

Then there is a credit issue and an argument between GH and Rafa over Christmas money.

Once again, GH came through and we got our cover.

it LOOKS like Mash will be cleared up pretty soon...

So...what does that leave? Hicks opening his fat mouth and talking to Klinsmann. BIG MISTAKE BY HICKS.

In the meantime...the Refinancing is done, and the new Stadium plans are ready, with buidling works to commence soon and completion by 2011.

Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #16: Jan 25, 2008 01:58:34 pm
      In fairness, I think Liverpool fans made awful shitheads of themselves running with Open Arms to DIC, practically begging them to take us over, and then had the stupidity to accuse the Yanks of making us look stupid. We played our own part in that..........don't forget it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Jan 25, 2008 01:58:54 pm
      you obviously havent seen hicks interview where he states hed gladly use any profits made from Liverpool to fund the texas rangers. You also seem to forget troffy that at the start they said no debt would be place on the club but oh look theres £100 million plus debt gone on to the club today. You may trust liars and be easily fooled by them but most of us see through them
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 25, 2008 02:00:32 pm
      Mate!! you are seeing everything through rose tinted glasses.

When you work out the money spent in the summer against the summer sales, i think you'll find that about £15 million was spent.  Which is less than most years!  Secondly we got to the final of the Champions league which should have net the club in excess of £20 million.  Also they promised a lot more!!!!  

Yes we got cover, but was he Rafa's first choice?

Knowing Rafa, he would have wanted Mash cleared up months ago.  And my friend it is not cleared up yet.

Also don't let this stadium fool you,  I will not believe it until it is built.  This is to please the fans and get them on board again.

And finally.  Why haven't they had the balls to come on national television and explain whats happening and apologise to the fans for mucking there club around.  I'll tell you why and that's because they don't care for the club and they don't care about the fans.  
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #19: Jan 25, 2008 02:01:09 pm
      Thats a terrible misguided attitude matey.

Misguided?  it what way ?
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #20: Jan 25, 2008 02:05:07 pm
      I dont see how we can blame it all on them they dont pick the team neither are they on the pitch.

No fair point, but I also think that they have got alot to answer for their manner in handling the Club's issues.

This has had a detrimental effect on the teams performance.

Ruined our Title Hopes?  ChecK.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008 02:08:41 pm by LondonRed »
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #21: Jan 25, 2008 02:07:26 pm
      No fair point, but I also think that they have got alot to answer for their manner in handling the Club's issues.

This has had a detrimental effect on the teams performance.

The games at Pompey, against Spurs....Birmingham, where like 6 points were dropped, have NOTHING to do with G+H

So if we are outside the top 4 by 6 points, then is that G+H's fault.

??
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #22: Jan 25, 2008 02:12:06 pm
      The games at Pompey, against Spurs....Birmingham, where like 6 points were dropped, have NOTHING to do with G+H

So if we are outside the top 4 by 6 points, then is that G+H's fault.

??

Well obviously Rafa has made some questionable decisions at times, and the team takes responsibility too.

But the point I originally made is that the teams position come May is not only down to Rafa and the players

This season has been derailed in my view by H&G
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008 11:01:05 pm by LondonRed »

Quick Reply