Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Patience Gentlemen, You Mark My Words.......This Storm WILL Pass.

Read 13232 times
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Re: Patience Gentlemen, You Mark My Words.......This Storm WILL Pass.
      Reply #23: Jan 25, 2008 02:12:45 pm
      The games at Pompey, against Spurs....Birmingham, where like 6 points were dropped, have NOTHING to do with G+H

So if we are outside the top 4 by 6 points, then is that G+H's fault.

??

Have they disrupted the team, dropped everyones morale and pissed off the manager.   CHECK
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: Jan 25, 2008 02:13:44 pm
      Well obviously Rafa has made some questionable decisions at times, and the team takes responsibility too.

But the point I originally made is that the teams position come May is not only down to Rafa and the players

This season has been derailed in my view by the H&G

Let's hope the Americans have already sold us to DIC by then.

Otherwise we are going to find ourselves in serious sh*t.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #25: Jan 25, 2008 02:22:45 pm
      Some people just don't get it yet.

TODAY means Rafa leaves in the summer - it's quite simple.

He will be professional, controlled, calm and cool from here to May - but leave HE WILL...

Why do you think he contacted the Manager's association - to stick around ffs?

NO - to ensure his contract is fully paid-off when HE LEAVES in the summer (SOLID constructive dismissal case).

Looking forward to hearing who the next miracle (special) worker is going to be.... and who he brings with him... Maureen and Pako anybody?

Although in the article I'm sure it did say 'WE have been in contact with Rafa'. Implying that they contacted him?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #26: Jan 25, 2008 02:24:41 pm
      Yes, Hicks made an AWFUL error by undermining Rafa and by engaging Rafa in the manner he did but HEY...push came to shove, the money was there for the Skrtel lad when we needed it, the same way it was there for Babel and for Torres.

First of all it was BOTH Hicks and Gillett. Hicks was just honest enough / stupid enough to admit it.

Secondly the money was there for Skrtel?  You mean the money the bank lent us.  The club is now £160 million in debt. 

Hicks and Gillett have not put a penny of their own money in to our club.

The whole suggestion all along was that these two guys would pay for our new stadium and give money for players, and eventually take their profit back out from the new stadium.  Which was fair enough.

What has actually happened is they have reneged on their promise - loaded the club with debt - and upset millions of Liverpool supporters by effectively ending the managerial career of our greatest manager in the last 20 years.

The storm will only get worse.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 25, 2008 02:29:43 pm
      Well put JD
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #28: Jan 25, 2008 02:36:09 pm
      The games at Pompey, against Spurs....Birmingham, where like 6 points were dropped, have NOTHING to do with G+H

So if we are outside the top 4 by 6 points, then is that G+H's fault.

??
      Very sorry here Troffy but i agree with most other people on here, the result in the above games are almost all as a direct result of the off field happenings effecting the minds of the people on it !
      The sooner this season ends and all this mess is sorted out the better !
      I for one want a couple of trophies in the bag and Rafa stiil in charge come August regardless of who's in charge but preferably D.I.C. !

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #29: Jan 25, 2008 02:45:41 pm
      You know, with the new stadium plans, today should have been a happy day for us Liverpool fans. 

Unfortunately the cementing in position of these two morons who have probably put us back 5 years ON the pitch (because Benitez will now leave this summer taking god knows how much of the team) is nothing to be proud of.

The £160 million debt the club is now in thanks to them will not be forgotten or forgiven by me or any other passionate Liverpool supporter.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Jan 25, 2008 03:04:00 pm
      Patience? Patience!?

We have been patient with the owners and frankly they have taken the mickey out of us fans and the manager. They keep bullshitting and making half arsed attempts to get the fans back on board. They are thick dumb founded Americans who think once they throw around money everything is better. Sick of their bullshit and the way they are treating Liverpool Football Club as if it were a doormat.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Jan 25, 2008 03:05:19 pm
      You know, with the new stadium plans, today should have been a happy day for us Liverpool fans. 

Unfortunately the cementing in position of these two morons who have probably put us back 5 years ON the pitch (because Benitez will now leave this summer taking god knows how much of the team) is nothing to be proud of.

The £160 million debt the club is now in thanks to them will not be forgotten or forgiven by me or any other passionate Liverpool supporter.

Spot on. Sums my feelings up exactly.

I do admire Troffy's optmism in starting this thread. But the term 'cowboy', that is used on many a building site, is exactly what we've got. A pair of cowboys that will cut corners on the job in hand to make a quick buck.

I feel this is only the start of the storm.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #32: Jan 25, 2008 03:09:31 pm
      I feel this is only the start of the storm.

Here's hoping not ay ladies and gents? ::)

I'm optimistic that things will brighten up soon, but dwelling on the possibility of the worst happening isn't going to make us feel any better! :-\
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #33: Jan 25, 2008 03:11:12 pm
      Call for all the patience you want but what we see today is what we were told would happen from the Texas Rangers fans first comes the gifts next comes the huge ticket prices and last will be a tightening of players wages and I cannot in my wildest dreams see Raffa working with these jokers,can you!

They have already set up a new company LFC holdings of which a huge lump of dept has been dumped on it.So what next,Maschareno by the way has not signed a contract and if Raffa go's do you really think Mascha will stay.....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Jan 25, 2008 03:17:28 pm
      Xabi, Pepe, Alvaro, Masch will all go plus the likes of Gerrard, Fernando and Babel will all contimplait leaving. Who will we get to replace them? 20 million's worth from the ever generous fuckwits at the top.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #35: Jan 25, 2008 03:30:20 pm

Is right. I feel as if the Liverpool FC I know and love has died today or part of it anyway
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #36: Jan 25, 2008 04:35:31 pm
      Have they disrupted the team, dropped everyones morale and pissed off the manager.   CHECK

Are they going to cause the birth of a new spun off club formed by disgruntled Liverpool fans CHECK
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #37: Jan 25, 2008 04:37:23 pm
      Xabi, Pepe, Alvaro, Masch will all go plus the likes of Gerrard, Fernando and Babel will all contimplait leaving. Who will we get to replace them? 20 million's worth from the ever generous fuckwits at the top.

Torres will not stick around for long - watch Spurs and De Ramos move in... or even Rafa from where ever he goes in the summer...  I personally think Benitez will have a job waiting for him as Spain national coach post the Euros.

This is such a sad day for Liverpool - as history will prove.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #38: Jan 25, 2008 04:59:19 pm
      I can see where this thread comes from. There is no doubting we did not want the owners to keep control of the club but to be frank there is absolutely nothing we can do about it now.

I for one don't think Rafa will go. Call me crazy but i think we will offload momo over the weekend and then soon after tie up a permanent deal for Mascherano, and things will then look a little brighter. I think Rafa will stay beyond the summer. And although there will be some sort of catch i think we will have money to spend in the summer, The americans wanted rid of rafa but i think they will stick with him because deep down they know it is the right thing to do and they fear what the fans would do if he left.

I feel this is a turning point for the club and as negative as it seems at the moment i feel it will turn out to be a positive one. Starting tomorrow with havant visiting Anfield i think this will be the beginning of our winning run.

Gerrard today said that we need to come together as a club and get through this tough time and i feel that he may have had a word with a few of the players and aired his views on how important it is that we improve for the sake of the club. We desperately need to get out of this slump starting tomorrow and show everyone that we mean business and we intend on finishing the season well.

I think this is a real turning point in the season, and i hope i am right in saying that it is a positive one.
      StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 25, 2008 09:00:18 pm
      I think torffy has a little point.

Whilst these two yankee berks, dont know jack sh*te about running a successful football club. They are where they are because they are very successful business men.

They will not run the club into the ground because, no matter who is saddled with the depbt, their initial investment will evaporate.

Of all of the sporting franchise's that they now own, (and at the end of the day, that is what we have become), we are the most prestigous.

We are now the flagship of their toys, which is why he talks of LFC cash bailing out the others.

If they want to rape us dry, then we have a dimished sell on value. There aint a business man in the world would sign up to such a notion.

These announcements today, are in no dount in my mind, a complete spin, to try and deflect us from the fact that they are useless shites at running a football club. And i will not be drawn in by any of it, and nor should anyone else.

BUT - should we give them a chance to redeem themselves (When i say themselves, there is only one of them that appears to be a complete cock).

If by this time next year we can see a development of the ground, rafa given money to spend and a complete and unfounded support of the manager, will we all have forgotten this big sorry mess.
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 25, 2008 09:46:59 pm
      Torres will not stick around for long - watch Spurs and De Ramos move in... or even Rafa from where ever he goes in the summer...  I personally think Benitez will have a job waiting for him as Spain national coach post the Euros.

This is such a sad day for Liverpool - as history will prove.
      I understand everybodys worrys about this saga with g&h and that we shouldnt have been kept in the dark about cert
      ain things and all the sh*t with klinsman but to suggest a mass exodus of our best players if rafa is to leave really pisses me off. they are liverpool f.c players not rafa f.c and to suggest torres would leave us to go to spurs is laughable.Ask gerrard or carragher if they would leave? our world doesnt revolve around benitez,i hope rafa does get the backing to see the job through and win the premiership but we are lverpool f.c and i will support who ever is in charge of the team because managers come and go it is part and parcel of football.(torres spurs  :lmao:)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #41: Jan 25, 2008 10:31:06 pm

BUT - should we give them a chance to redeem themselves (When I say themselves, there is only one of them that appears to be a complete cock).

If by this time next year we can see a development of the ground, rafa given money to spend and a complete and unfounded support of the manager, will we all have forgotten this big sorry mess.

How would you feel if your very best mate shafted your girlfriend / wife?
      What then if he built you a house, emptied your bank account, gave you a blank cheque book and then said sorry?
      Would that make you feel better and would you be able to trust him again?
      Urrrrrrrrrrrrrm,  ::) Let me think....

I can see where this thread comes from. There is no doubting we did not want the owners to keep control of the club but to be frank there is absolutely nothing we can do about it now.

We are Liverpool FC we can do quite a lot about it. With the anger comes the passion so we are not going to roll over and play dead, true fans won't do that. These spineless, self centered ego maniacs have upset millions of fans around the world. Strength in numbers... we will do what it takes.

The day we all dreaded has come to pass. Unfortunately, as we were all hoping against hope, the Yanks have weighed their anchor. It is a sad day for Liverpool FC and it's loyal fans.

The club is now fronted by a pair of self centered, lying back stabbers. Harsh in the light that a new stadium will finally get built and more importantly Rafa keeping his job :) BUT and this is a massive but, Liverpool FC is forever tainted by the goings on of the past 6 months. I just can't wrestle any thoughts of happiness from any corner of my brain right now. I feel like it's come to a big 'So what?' The ironic timing of the delivery of the stadium plans and refinancing details are nothing short of a contradictory collision of words... No debt to the club when building the new stadium? Pure lies!

It should be a day of celebration - a brand new stadium that most clubs would die for but after the false dawn since the last revelations of the stadium plans and the sh*t Rafa and the boys have been through I feel quite numb and very upset. The fans have not even been addressed or informed by the owners and that shows a huge amount disrespect to them. Nothing but sh*t and lies then a big 'look at this' (that should make them happy) from the idiots playing monopoly with OUR CLUB! I don't even feel bothered to care right now (but I do!)

The very fact corporate boxes run through the centre of 'The Kop' says it all to me. The Kop is Liverpool Fc's iconic representation of the passion felt by the fans for their club. It is a huge insult to to have it infiltrated this way. The Kop is unique but again the Yanks have fu**ed it up! They are so out of touch with the fans it is untrue!  >:( :f_steam: And then there are the naming rights to consider... that should be fun...

It is worth noting that most of us will visit the new stadium but how will we actually feel when we reflect on the journey we have taken to get to that point as a fan. Will our emotions have been brushed under the carpet as we take our seats for our fist match in the new stadium? I guess not. Tainted and with a very bitter taste in the mouth is my guess. These feelings will pass but this episode will never be forgotten. RED1028
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #42: Jan 25, 2008 10:34:15 pm
      Well said, Red1028, well said!
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #43: Jan 26, 2008 12:01:56 am
      Offcourse this storm will pass and everything will settle down again at some point ........but at what cost ?

Where will we be both financially and on the pitch ?

My honest opinion ? .......F**k know's , but we most definatley have some uncertain times ahead

What on earth has happend to my beloved club ?  , i cant possibly fathom how afraid i am at what is going to happen to it
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #44: Jan 26, 2008 01:00:05 am
      wELL TROPHY  reds fan or not by end of of feb DIC will be in charge so a little friend tells me ,whether we like it or not them two have seriously ruined our season.So  HOW can you possibly condone contacting another manager in mid season when all was going well ,WE ALL FEEL HURT AND LET DOWN ,but if they really wanted us they would come out and say it . And to have alex supporting our manager says it all dont it. Qh and plus the little tune of the odd hundred million in debt
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #45: Jan 26, 2008 01:55:33 am
      I just feel sick, feel sick that Hicks lied to us!

Man Utd are in a similar situation with their owners, loads of debt put into the club but they are still looking healthy in landing Nani, Anderson & Hargreaves in the summer.

They should give Rafa about £80m to spend in the summer! Sign up Eto'o along with David Silva and Rafael Van Der Vaart and a brilliant left back.

Quick Reply