5-0 hiding from Mainz

Read 3840 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Aug 04, 2006 09:29:34 pm
      Dunno about anyone else but 5-0 defeat is well an embarrasment. Mainz are a second rate outfit, yeah yeah I know its only a friendly but cmon this should have been better surely!

I'm well disapointed by that result im afraid very disapointed. Twas not good for morale I can tell you that!!!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #1: Aug 04, 2006 09:54:35 pm
      WHAT!!!

I know we shouldnt take much from these games but tht is absolutely woefull!
      KopCity
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #2: Aug 04, 2006 10:19:22 pm
      a Friendly is no excuse! we had a strong team, we had gerrard as well..its pathetic. we better play better ;D against haifa. why wasnt fowler playing ffs?
      sppuuddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #3: Aug 04, 2006 10:28:34 pm
      Very very bad start to season as most will say its only a friendly, but what sort of confidence does it give the players to lose 5-0 to a team like mainz.
      The only good that can come from it is the fact that it is such a bad defeat it will make the players aware that they need to step it up a few gears and we may even get the good early form in the league that we have been missing for a couple of seasons........it cant get any worse....can it?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2006 10:35:55 pm
      Never fear.

Keep the faith.

I remember all our Championship winning seasons used to follow poor pre-seasons.

I don't think that sh*t green european kit has helped.

Wait until they pull on the red shirts next Wednesday at Anfield.

It will be a different story.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #5: Aug 04, 2006 11:01:46 pm
      Calm down boys and girls

When Mainz scored their first goal our team looked like this:

Liverpool: Carson, Traore, Paletta, Carragher, Kromkamp, Zenden, Gerrard, Alonso, Anderson, Crouch, Bellamy.

Carra, Gerrard, Alonso, Crouch and Bellamy are the only ones who are first teamers and it was Xabi's first game back.

This game has absolutely no bearing on next week.
      Kopcrazee
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2006 11:28:12 pm
      Thats right koolkidda,
      Next week its gonna be completely different.
      We (Liverpool) are gonna win the match and go through qualifying round. Also we will kick start new season with a fabulous opening game. Thats winning the first game by a bigger margin i hope..

and guys do you agree with me when i say i need Luca Toni in a red shirt!!!!
      That will be great i guess.
      sppuuddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2006 11:36:02 pm
      I agree preseasons dont normally matter but a 5-0 thrashing dos`nt do much for confidence, no matter which way we want to put it this was a shocking bad result, i know we will get better but remember we need to get a good start to the season if we are going to outdo romans rubles
      Hoplite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2006 11:52:42 pm
      I know its only a friendly but it makes my stomach turn when i see us on the poor end of such a result...
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #9: Aug 05, 2006 12:03:25 am
      as much as we dont like to see that sort of result lets get things into perspective before we all say were doomed the 1st goal was a mistake by kronkamp not a regular in the team the 2nd was a mistake by traore wot a surprise like he doesn't make any mistakes so there is 2 goals that would not of happened with finnan and riise apprently scott carson wss in no mans land for 1 again reina i would like to think is a bit smarter than to get caught in that sort of position riise made a bad backpass he doesnt usually make mistakes so i hope he learned and the last was supposed to be a good goal but the point is the majority of mistakes throughout this pre-season have been made by players who are not normally regulars in the side so one would hope that those that do play wouldnt make the mistakes we have been making this pre-season
      Kopcrazee
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #10: Aug 05, 2006 12:51:44 am
      In Rafa we trust.
      he will get the perfect formula for the team and improve.
      lets hope he is trying things in these friendlies.
      dont panic.
      its gonna be a great great season.
      remenber carra and Stevie is there.
      You will never walk alone.
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #11: Aug 05, 2006 07:54:12 am
      absolutly shocked at what i seen olast night went to the game at mainz and first half was ok apart from a few scarey moments from carson but oh my god ive never seen defending like it in the second half, dont get me wrong i know it wasn't our strongest defence but still there were our replacement defence if we get injuries and having watched them last night i prey we dont get any anouther bad point was in the 1st half how easy they seemed to walk through our midfield gerrard  and alonso in centre mid that worries me a little as mainz are a relegation team only scrapped out last season
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #12: Aug 05, 2006 08:02:53 am
      Some good points made here, however I really dont think that this is good for morale or the confidence of the players. Rafa must have been fuming due to the errors made by defence, surely defence is one of the great strong points we know it is due to all the clean sheets last season. But for pride and reputation some of the players last night need to relize what it means to pull on the red shirt (or green and white one whatever) its the badge on the front that counts and the pride of merseyside, last nights showing was a disgrace to the badge I dont care what anyone says, I wear a liverbird on my chest and I know if I was playing everytime I went onto that pitch friendly or not I would bust my gut to try and win the game some performances last night were diabolic and those players need a good slap to get them in order.

I still think we will go through though against the jewish guys, and Im no pessimist.
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #13: Aug 05, 2006 12:50:54 pm
      fregin ridiculous this is an embaresment to such a gr8 club, couple more of these an ill start to doubt rafa
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #14: Aug 05, 2006 01:38:25 pm
      Quote from: "mikal.shaw"
      fregin ridiculous this is an embaresment to such a gr8 club, couple more of these an ill start to doubt rafa
      Im starting to doubt you'r loyalty.
      meshy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #15: Aug 05, 2006 01:56:57 pm
      were only doing this to wind that F***ing nobhead from chelski ;D.

we will play better and win the leaque eheh :P
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #16: Aug 05, 2006 06:04:29 pm
      mikal, why do you critise Rafa? Who would you rather have? Ged or Rafa? And even I doubt your loyalty.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #17: Aug 05, 2006 11:13:37 pm
      Quote from: "mikal.shaw"

What the f**k Michael its only a friendly! were gonna tear apart the prem this season u just have to be patient! ok so its not a great result but remember "FORM IS TEMPERY, CLASS IS PERNAMENT" Im starting to question your loyalty as well! CUM ON RAFA!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      5-0 hiding from Mainz
      Reply #18: Aug 06, 2006 01:20:40 pm
      Who's bothered anyways. We turn it on when it matters, and thats all that matters. As was was said before, our Championship winning seasons were also preceded with crap pre-seasons. An omen perhaps?

Quick Reply