Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool v H&W (Match thread)

Read 16277 times
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Re: Liverpool v H&W (Match thread)
      Reply #276: Jan 27, 2008 07:03:35 am
      Well done to Havant they played there game of their lives and gave us a scare,another hat trick for Yossi to well done,Skrtel looked dodgy at times whats he gonna be like against premiership sides?

He had a long layoff mate, Russian season being what it is and all that. And he did make some important tackles and got back fast.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #277: Jan 27, 2008 08:10:57 am

If you fancy a piece of FA Cup history take a look at these...
      I've ordered mine already and proceeds go to Havant & Waterlooville  ;)

On sale now is an official commemorative brochure produced for the club celebrating this season’s history making FA Cup run. It includes interviews with Marcus Hackney, Shaun Gale and Jamie Collins, plus a feature on Charlie Oatway, photos from the cup run and pieces by various media writers, including Paul Hayward of the Daily Mail, Nick Szczepanik of The Times and Paul Jiggins of The Sun.

******* £6.49 ********************** £11.49 *******

As well as being on sale in the club shop, the Evening News are handling distribution and the brochure will be on sale in local Tesco and Coop shops. It’s also available directly from the News website here. Proceeds from the sale of the brochure, which costs £5, will go to the club, and a DVD featuring match highlights and interviews produced in conjunction with Merdian will also be on sale soon.

Date                 Cup            Fixture (Round)     Score       Goal Scorers                 Attendance
      29 Sep (Sat)     FAC        Bognor Regis Town(2Q)  2-1     Gurney, Slabber                         426!  :o
      13 Oct (Sat)      FAC       FLEET TOWN (3Q)          2-1      Pacquette, Baptiste                   386 :o
      27 Oct (Sat)      FAC      LEIGHTON TOWN (4Q)    3-0      Baptiste, Pacquette (2)              378 :o
      10 Nov (Sat)      FAC      York City (1R)                1-0      Harkin                                     2001
      01 Dec (Sat)      FAC      Notts County (2R)          1-0      Taggart                                   3810
      05 Jan (Sat)       FAC      Swansea City (3R)          1-1      Baptiste                                  8761
      16 Jan (Wed)     FAC      SWANSEA CITY (3RR)     4-2      OG, Collins, Baptiste, Jordan     4400     
      26 Jan (Sat)      FAC       Liverpool (4R)              15:00    Still cant believe it.

Their website is not yet updated as they are all still in Liverpool I believe and who can blame them!  ;)
      Congratulations to Havant & Waterlooville for living the dream and their achievements in the FA Cup!

Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #278: Jan 27, 2008 08:17:22 am
      I love the way EON got their stylised Champagne bottle into the picture, all the time they talk about the "Glory of the FA Cup"...when its all about Merchandinsing and Profit, isnt it.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #279: Jan 27, 2008 08:24:43 am
      I love the way EON got their stylised Champagne bottle into the picture, all the time they talk about the "Glory of the FA Cup"...when its all about Merchandinsing and Profit, isnt it.

NO! EON sponsor the FA Cup! Havant & Waterlooville got the Glory of the FA Cup! :f_doh:

Have a day off Troffy.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #280: Jan 27, 2008 08:39:55 am
      NO! EON sponsor the FA Cup! Havant & Waterlooville got the Glory of the FA Cup! :f_doh:

Have a day off Troffy.

Uhhhhh................

FA Cup, Anyone??
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #281: Jan 27, 2008 11:20:01 am

How about have it off (with yourself) until mid-May...
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #282: Jan 27, 2008 12:33:40 pm
      Those Havant fans were class today. Brilliant to see them joing in with You'll Never Walk Alone and hold their scarfs aloft at the beginning and the end. I gladly stayed behind to clap their players and their fans. Superb stuff.

First half was a so poor it was unbelievable. I thought I was back in the days of Piechnik with some of the defensive play. And the passing going forward wasn't any better. I don't even want to talk about the first half actually because is was so very un Liverpool like.

Second half was better - they'd obviously had a b****cking. Was a relief to see that third goal go in. You could see the wind going out of their sails by then.

As for the apparent boo's at half time, I didn't hear any at all.

I need a drink.

COuldnt agree more mate, we stayed behind at the end also to give them a standing ovation. Brilliant little team who dared to dream, Rafa should sign Alfie Potter he was F***ing awesome, great little player. A great day out for all actually and a class bunch of supporters, I must have have shaken hands with loads of them at the end. THis is what the FA Cup is all about and thats why its the best knock out cup in the world bar none.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #283: Jan 27, 2008 01:10:37 pm
      How about have it off (with yourself) until mid-May...

You know, you lot are like the numpties over at www.TIA.com

The minute anyone disagrees with your "consensus opinion" and questions your logic, you start to talk about bannings.

Pathetic.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #284: Jan 27, 2008 01:12:02 pm
      I believe that lad Potter is the only pro they have hes on loan from Peterboro or someone
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #285: Jan 27, 2008 01:14:24 pm
      Go back there then. Potter is from Peterborough Brian78, he actually looked quite good, Lucas' goal was pure class.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #286: Jan 27, 2008 01:15:15 pm

The minute anyone disagrees with your "consensus opinion" and questions your logic, you start to talk about bannings.

Pathetic.

Pathetic is your middle name son.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #287: Jan 27, 2008 01:16:51 pm
      I believe that lad Potter is the only pro they have hes on loan from Peterboro or someone

The story about how he asked for Stevie's shirt while defending a corner - was classic FA Cup stuff. Brilliant.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #288: Jan 27, 2008 01:18:43 pm
      The story about how he asked for Stevie's shirt while defending a corner - was classic FA Cup stuff. Brilliant.
      And then about how the other guy asked for it a few minutes later.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #289: Jan 27, 2008 01:20:54 pm

Pathetic.

In fairness troffy you seem to post just to annoy people. Any respect people here had for ye probably went with the Michael Knighton post you made
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #290: Jan 27, 2008 01:22:43 pm
      And then about how the other guy asked for it a few minutes later.
      ...and then starting singing YNWA in Stevie's ear... very funny, top blokes.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #291: Jan 27, 2008 01:26:37 pm
      ...and then starting singing YNWA in Stevie's ear... very funny, top blokes.
      What I thought was really good, was the way they changed their shirt sponsor, so instead of saying Carlsberg, it read Probably:

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #292: Jan 27, 2008 01:28:39 pm
      What I thought was really good, was the way they changed their shirt sponsor, so instead of saying Carlsberg, it read Probably:

Not the first time that has happened, Wimbledon did the same for the 88 FA Cup final - also Carlsberg.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #293: Jan 27, 2008 01:42:17 pm
      Why do their shirts say "Probably".....does it have to do with our shirts already saying "Carlsberg".....or is that their chosen font for the sponsorship??
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #294: Jan 27, 2008 01:43:58 pm
      Pathetic is your middle name son.

Whatever mate. I think you got the Club Owners you deserve.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #295: Jan 27, 2008 01:45:35 pm
      In fairness troffy you seem to post just to annoy people. Any respect people here had for ye probably went with the Michael Knighton post you made

Why?

I was 7 years of age, I didn't have a club and I felt I couldn't support United if their {potential} owner was running around in a tracksuit seeing Aliens.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #296: Jan 27, 2008 01:48:56 pm
      Whatever mate. I think you got the Club Owners you deserve.
      you? Are you trying to imply that you are not a Liverpool fan, we will have to learn to live with them, Hicks and Gillette look like they are here for the long term.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #297: Jan 27, 2008 01:52:44 pm
      you? Are you trying to imply that you are not a Liverpool fan, we will have to learn to live with them, Hicks and Gillette look like they are here for the long term.

I never wanted the club sold to begin with. I was against the Sale from day 1. It was 99% of the rest of the fans that were bleating about a new stadium and revenues and how we had to move on.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #298: Jan 27, 2008 01:57:25 pm
      I never wanted the club sold to begin with. I was against the Sale from day 1. It was 99% of the rest of the fans that were bleating about a new stadium and revenues and how we had to move on.
      But in football you have to move on, you can't stay in the past.

Quick Reply