Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool v H&W (Match thread)

Read 16418 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Liverpool v H&W (Match thread)
      Reply #253: Jan 26, 2008 06:06:49 pm
      Tremendous credit to the amateurs of Havant.

That first half was TRULY scary, I was watching it on the web and was bricking it...

Thankfully the professional fitness levels told in the 2nd half... phew, what a relief... Yossi you saved our bacon... cough.

Havant, the scariest football club in the world....Probably.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #254: Jan 26, 2008 06:13:06 pm
      Tremendous credit to the amateurs of Havant.

That first half was TRULY scary, I was watching it on the web and was bricking it...

Thankfully the professional fitness levels told in the 2nd half... phew, what a relief... Yossi you saved our bacon... cough.

Havant, the scariest football club in the world....Probably.

You on Valium mate?  I need some of what your on - wish I could see the good in everything.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #255: Jan 26, 2008 06:15:55 pm
      You on Valium mate?  I need some of what your on - wish I could see the good in everything.

Spin or swivel ..take your choice.

Decent Liverpool fans would show a level of appreciation for the Havant amateurs, you on the other hand, are not a decent Liverpool fan ...soooo get on with your drivel then...
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #256: Jan 26, 2008 06:19:01 pm
      Spin or swivel ..take your choice.

Decent Liverpool fans would show a level of appreciation for the Havant amateurs, you on the other hand, are not a decent Liverpool fan ...soooo get on with your drivel then...

I was paying you a compliment !

I'll do a 'Take a Bow Richobaz' topic one-day - I just hope you have enough to come on board...!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #257: Jan 26, 2008 06:22:49 pm
      To be fair to Richobaz I do believe he meant that in a positive manner Don.

Maybe I should start a new thread, 'Richobaz says something nice to someone' :o :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #258: Jan 26, 2008 06:23:16 pm
      havent seen the game so cant really comment on players performance or attitude but what I can say is some of our lads need to be taken out of the firing line for a bit others need a kick in the arse and told to pull the finger out

End of the day we were on a hiding to nothing Win 10 nil so what it was expected win 5-2 get stick for conceding twice we were never going to be in a good position in this tie. Fair play to Havant for having a go but end of  the day were in to round 5 and whether you get there by 1 nil 10 nil or 5-2 main thing is were there
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #259: Jan 26, 2008 06:24:24 pm
      To be fair to Richobaz I do believe he meant that in a positive manner Don.

Maybe I should start a new thread, 'Richobaz says something nice to someone' :o :D

Cheers EDc - But it wasn't a compliment.  It's all good fun though - nothing serious !
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #260: Jan 26, 2008 06:25:38 pm
      I was paying you a compliment !

I'll do a 'Take a Bow Richobaz' topic one-day - I just hope you have enough to come on board...!

Fair enough, apologies fella... nice big wet kiss on its way to you.... slurp!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #261: Jan 26, 2008 06:27:42 pm
      Thought you two were off on another lovers tiff for a sec there!  :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #262: Jan 26, 2008 06:56:01 pm
      First half sh*t.  Second half decent.

5-2.

Next round of the FA Cup.

Some of the passing in the first half was appalling.  I imagined even though no doubt the Liverpool players were warned they still probably thought it would be a piece of piss winning this game.  Eventually it did turn out that way but credit to the Havant players.  I am sure if I was playing at Anfield I would probably have an extra 300% in the tank and would play the best I ever would in my life.

Liverpool were sloppy but clearly the riot act was read at half time and the second half it was like the fifth formers against the first years.

Decent sized crowd - full of day trippers - but like I said better to be in the draw for the next round than not.  After all, we've got a lot of interest to be paying to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Well done Yossi on your second hat-trick of the season.  Four of the top five goalscorers for the reds this year have all been from Rafa's summer transfers.  Crouch and Kuyt were once again, I thought, less than impressive.

As for Skrtel I can understand why he has took so much stick in this thread.  Let's just hope it is down to lack of match fitness or some other excuse, because I thought he was okay against Villa.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #263: Jan 26, 2008 07:10:52 pm
      Love the Manure supporter on the 606 saying how shocking we were conceding two to a binman and a caretaker, but am I right in thinking they drew 0-0 at Old Trafford with Exeter, also non league competition? Tit...

Anyway, bit scary when I was playing football with my mates and all the F***ing Londoners start talking about Liverpool losing. I didn't believe it, until finding out we'd won 5-2. Had me seriously scared, but at least we won, and a wins a win.

Heard Lucas' goal was a cracker.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #264: Jan 26, 2008 07:12:53 pm
      hi  guys n gals ! not had chance to see the game due to not having a telly but relied on you lot to keep me posted ! but from what i picked up Skrtel had a bit of a stinker some one suggested taking him of but thought keeping him on would help his confidence, and i'f he's going to have one better against H&V than Man u i say !
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #265: Jan 26, 2008 07:14:42 pm
      Heard Lucas' goal was a cracker.

One of the goals of the season... bend it like...Lucas.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #266: Jan 26, 2008 07:16:12 pm
      Its very unlike Rafa to throw a young guy straight into the team, mid season... but shows you how thin on the ground our squad is.

Cant understand Hobbs going out on loan... baffling.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #267: Jan 26, 2008 07:20:17 pm
      Cant understand Hobbs going out on loan... baffling.

Completely agree.  I thought the lad had done well.  Personally, I don't think that Skrtel at £6.5 million was our most pressing concern.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #268: Jan 26, 2008 07:52:54 pm
      Those Havant fans were class today. Brilliant to see them joing in with You'll Never Walk Alone and hold their scarfs aloft at the beginning and the end. I gladly stayed behind to clap their players and their fans. Superb stuff.

First half was a so poor it was unbelievable. I thought I was back in the days of Piechnik with some of the defensive play. And the passing going forward wasn't any better. I don't even want to talk about the first half actually because is was so very un Liverpool like.

Second half was better - they'd obviously had a b****cking. Was a relief to see that third goal go in. You could see the wind going out of their sails by then.

As for the apparent boo's at half time, I didn't hear any at all.

I need a drink.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #269: Jan 26, 2008 07:55:35 pm

Watching the first half on the web, was like having an out of body experience... mixture of fear, confusion and scare fecking shitless... mates where texting me from all over the world, mostly LFC fans bricking it as much as me... IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING, read one... very funny.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #270: Jan 26, 2008 07:58:35 pm
      Those Havant fans were class today. Brilliant to see them joing in with You'll Never Walk Alone and hold their scarfs aloft at the beginning and the end. I gladly stayed behind to clap their players and their fans. Superb stuff.

First half was a so poor it was unbelievable. I thought I was back in the days of Piechnik with some of the defensive play. And the passing going forward wasn't any better. I don't even want to talk about the first half actually because is was so very un Liverpool like.

Second half was better - they'd obviously had a b****cking. Was a relief to see that third goal go in. You could see the wind going out of their sails by then.

As for the apparent boo's at half time, I didn't hear any at all.

I need a drink.

And I can't be arsed writing much more, agree with everything Kenny said    :D :D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #271: Jan 26, 2008 10:27:58 pm
      And I can't be arsed writing much more, agree with everything Kenny said    :D :D

Seconded, they where class supporters especially when they stood and sang stand up if you hate Man U. I never heard any Booing at half time either

Well done Havant that is what the FA cup is all about a great performance from the non leaguers and their supporters.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #272: Jan 26, 2008 11:37:49 pm
      havent seen the game so cant really comment on players performance or attitude but what I can say is some of our lads need to be taken out of the firing line for a bit others need a kick in the arse and told to pull the finger out

End of the day we were on a hiding to nothing Win 10 nil so what it was expected win 5-2 get stick for conceding twice we were never going to be in a good position in this tie. Fair play to Havant for having a go but end of  the day were in to round 5 and whether you get there by 1 nil 10 nil or 5-2 main thing is were there

seen the highlights now. Yet again we were sloppy sorry sh*te at defending the set piece that led to there opener.Itandje seemed to do a lot of flapping but at least hell never be first choice keeper. Strong enough 11 out so maybe we shouldnt have ever been in trouble but in saying that fair play to havant who looked like they had a right go at winning rather then sitting with ten men behind the ball   
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #273: Jan 27, 2008 06:01:44 am
      seen the highlights now. Yet again we were sloppy sorry sh*te at defending the set piece that led to there opener.Itandje seemed to do a lot of flapping but at least hell never be first choice keeper. Strong enough 11 out so maybe we shouldnt have ever been in trouble but in saying that fair play to havant who looked like they had a right go at winning rather then sitting with ten men behind the ball   

I think Itandje wasn't helped by his defenders on the flapping, they got in his way a bit. He did make a great save at the end and Havants first corner he took cleanly.

Riise was at CB some of the time and he looked fair rubbish to be honest.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #274: Jan 27, 2008 06:38:09 am
      Well done to Havant they played there game of their lives and gave us a scare,another hat trick for Yossi to well done,Skrtel looked dodgy at times whats he gonna be like against premiership sides?
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #275: Jan 27, 2008 06:43:52 am
      Although Skrtel was rather shocking, Agger didn't walk into the side did he? Give him time and we will see him reveal his full potential.

Quick Reply