Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Cricket

Read 384526 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #3082: Mar 26, 2018 07:09:23 pm
      The over reaction is those saying Smith should be banned for x amount of months/years.

The Aussie public/media/Quantas will see to it that his captaincy gets moved along and the reputation of the team can be rebuilt.

Lehman will go and that will be of no loss to the Aussies or the game at all. His silence on this has been pretty pitiful to be honest.

It will be interesting if Warner profits or loses from this because he's next in line but also right in the thick of the scandal. Beyond those two its difficult to see the next leader amongst them.

That video of Bancroft putting sugar in his pocket looks pretty damning too. They've been doing it for a good while.

Very damning then. Seeing that photo of Bancroft and Smith sporting glum and embarrassed faces is one of the most pathetic, sad images I've seen in sport for a long time. A far cry from their jolly chastising, baiting of the England team from a couple of months back.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3083: Mar 26, 2018 07:19:24 pm
      Meanwhile England are in a real mess. Dodgy top 5. 4 right arm 83mph seamers a part time spinner landing them half way down.

They could really do with a left arm seamer and Moeen will either have to cut it as a batsman or he will end up out the side for Leach who was the best spinner last year in the county championship.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3084: Mar 26, 2018 07:28:47 pm
      Meanwhile England are in a real mess. Dodgy top 5. 4 right arm 83mph seamers a part time spinner landing them half way down.

They could really do with a left arm seamer and Moeen will either have to cut it as a batsman or he will end up out the side for Leach who was the best spinner last year in the county championship.

Yeah, the odi team has improved so much but the test team has regressed badly, scary to think about what happens when Anderson and to a lesser extent broad retire. Batting resources look thin and we have some promising bowlers but real out and out quicks, if stokes back is a long term problem and gets banged up it doesn't look great
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3085: Mar 26, 2018 09:02:39 pm
      The test match side of cricket needs a strong Australian team but they have to change. They get into all kinds of scraps off the field. Warner is nearly always at the forefront. Now they've been caught red handed ball tampering. I doubt anybody in the England set up is overly surprised.

The Aussies always seem to get more reverse swing, easy to say...now we know why. The fallout will linger. Smith will be booted out by his own people. Warner won't get off scott free either. The rest of the mob will get some kind of ban but Leeman is the one I'd be going after.

I wouldn't want the aggression taken out of the game but outright cheating has no place in any sport.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3086: Mar 26, 2018 09:59:55 pm
      It seems a win at all costs mentality, which any sport does not want, needing to be stamped out.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3087: Mar 27, 2018 10:55:48 am
      Getting quite heated within the Australia ranks now. Players turning on David Warner now.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/players-turn-on-david-warner-as-ball-tampering-crisis-tears-team-apart-20180327-p4z6ks.html

Couldn't happen to a nicer man!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3088: Mar 27, 2018 12:19:11 pm

Absolute c**t of the highest order, classic small man syndrome
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3089: Mar 27, 2018 03:16:52 pm
      I can tolerate Warner..in the way I could put up with Costa. Both narky, both great players. But if Warner is fully implicated in the cheating then he will suffer far more than a diving striker would in football.

Costed added an edge to the game. Diving in football is largly instinctive, but can be premeditated as well. Not acceptable but it does go on and dosen't stop the game in it's tracks. So care has to be taken in Cricket that the Aussie cricket board don't go over the top.

2 year ban from being skipper for Smith and immediate 5 match ban. 50,000 AUD fine. Warner the same. Slightly less for others implicated. That's as far as I would take it...something like that.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3090: Mar 27, 2018 09:20:32 pm
      Looks like they're going to stick it on Warner (and do a Pietersen on him) so Smith can survive. Also, find it hard to believe that no bowler was in on a ball tampering discussion and even harder to believe that Lehmann didn't know what was going on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3091: Mar 28, 2018 06:39:14 pm
      So it was sandpaper after all, the lying bas**rds
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3092: Mar 29, 2018 10:42:36 am

Crocodile tears at the millions he will lose.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3093: Mar 29, 2018 11:12:47 am
      I think that they got off likely tbh, yes it seems astonishing that no bowler was involved in this unsavoury incident.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3094: Mar 29, 2018 01:25:54 pm
      The cheating Aussie bas**rds(the cricket team that is not the nation ;-)). Their reputation is in the toilet now and will be for a long long time
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3095: Mar 29, 2018 01:34:29 pm
      For me the lying is worse than the actual ball tampering
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3097: Mar 29, 2018 03:04:07 pm

Crocodile tears at the millions he will lose.

Haven't seen this many Aussie tears since Charlene & Scott got married on Neighbours!!

I'll get my coat.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3098: Mar 29, 2018 03:08:57 pm
      Haven't seen this many Aussie tears since Charlene & Scott got married on Neighbours!!

I'll get my coat.

When bouncer died.  :f_wah:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3099: Mar 29, 2018 04:32:39 pm
      I think that they got off likely tbh, yes it seems astonishing that no bowler was involved in this unsavoury incident.

I tend to agree with you, a year is nothing. I'd of banned them from the national team & domstic for 5 years minimum. They can count themselves very lucky indeed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3100: Mar 29, 2018 06:35:02 pm
      I tend to agree with you, a year is nothing. I'd of banned them from the national team & domstic for 5 years minimum. They can count themselves very lucky indeed.

All they'll be bothered about is losing their IPL contracts. Not going to miss much significant international cricket bar a potential series against India. They'll conveniently be back for the World Cup and the Ashes!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3101: Mar 29, 2018 06:48:53 pm
      Reading about the behaviour of those Ireland rugby players puts these guys sins in perspective.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3102: Mar 29, 2018 06:51:54 pm
      Reading about the behaviour of those Ireland rugby players puts these guys sins in perspective.

Like ched evans they are innocent in the eyes of the law but come across as pretty despicable human beings
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3103: Mar 29, 2018 06:59:55 pm
      Like ched evans they are innocent in the eyes of the law but come across as pretty despicable human beings

Vile human beings and I'd like to see how the rugby tw*ts who demand that 'their sport don't turn the way of football' react to that. There's something twisted about Rugby Union and how it's ridden with sexist, macho, alpha male behaviour but because they play in a sport dominated by people from established, private school backgrounds it's somehow shrugged off easier than if they were working class footballers. It'll be interesting to see if they receive the same reception as Ched Evans.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3104: Mar 29, 2018 07:19:37 pm
      Vile human beings and I'd like to see how the rugby tw*ts who demand that 'their sport don't turn the way of football' react to that. There's something twisted about Rugby Union and how it's ridden with sexist, macho, alpha male behaviour but because they play in a sport dominated by people from established, private school backgrounds it's somehow shrugged off easier than if they were working class footballers. It'll be interesting to see if they receive the same reception as Ched Evans.

Annoyed reading their lawyers complaining about trial by social media, yeah we all know how people react and behave but how about getting your own house in order. Of course the reaction will be different but credit to ulster and the irish rugby who are investgating their conduct.

Quick Reply