Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Cricket

Read 389430 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #3105: Mar 29, 2018 08:16:09 pm
      Annoyed reading their lawyers complaining about trial by social media, yeah we all know how people react and behave but how about getting your own house in order. Of course the reaction will be different but credit to ulster and the irish rugby who are investgating their conduct.

I haven't read that statement (only the What's App messages) but is there a case of thinly veiled victim shaming from the lawyers there.

It's not generating the headlines in the same way as the Australian Cricket team, which is strange. But then again, I suppose the stature and prestige of the Australian cricket team alone was a big factor in this story dominating headlines in recent days.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3106: Mar 29, 2018 11:44:33 pm
      Yep, they have royally fu**ed over a whole Country.

It' a F***ing disgrace and we are humiliated by it. Gonna take years to get over it.

Trevor Chappell still gets sh*t about that "underarm ball" and it's 37 years since it happened!!!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3107: Mar 30, 2018 12:14:24 am
      The blokes human after all suspectable to making mistakes  he fu**ed up he's owned it and been punished for it. Whether the punishment fits the crime is a different matter.

The over reaction to this has been ridiculous from some corners he's been treated like a school shooter. He's a sportsman who bent the rules to win in the heat of the battle not the first and last.

Britain has had a fair share of them too stones glasshouses and all that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3108: Mar 30, 2018 12:24:05 am
      The blokes human after all suspectable to making mistakes  he fu**ed up he's owned it and been punished for it. Whether the punishment fits the crime is a different matter.

The over reaction to this has been ridiculous from some corners he's been treated like a school shooter. He's a sportsman who bent the rules to win in the heat of the battle not the first and last.

Britain has had a fair share of them too stones glasshouses and all that.

Most of the overreaction has been in Australia to be fair
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #3109: Mar 30, 2018 01:56:58 am

True we've just been laughing our heads off at it, especially all those weepy faces yesterday :laugh:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #3110: Mar 30, 2018 02:27:25 am
      True we've just been laughing our heads off at it, especially all those weepy faces yesterday :laugh:

Mind you watching this England batting is pretty laughable at the moment, 95 for 5 at the moment
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3111: Mar 30, 2018 02:38:05 am
      Let's give Aussie cricket its due, it has dealt with its ball tamperers quicker than the Aussie church did.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #3112: Mar 30, 2018 02:57:34 am

That's because we are so gobsmacked by the whole thing. Never thought our Team, in a Billion years, would resort to cheating when we expect our Cricket Team to beat anyone at any time. It's F***ing mind boggling.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3113: Mar 30, 2018 06:14:44 am
      Yep, they have royally fu**ed over a whole Country.

It' a f**king disgrace and we are humiliated by it. Gonna take years to get over it.

Trevor Chappell still gets sh*t about that "underarm ball" and it's 37 years since it happened!!!

As a punishment to you ( just coz your a Aussie ) I'd ban you too.  :lmao:

On a serious note though. Do you think the punishment suits the crime or have they been a little soft with all them involved. What should you have done?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #3114: Mar 30, 2018 07:22:30 am
      As a punishment to you ( just coz your a Aussie ) I'd ban you too.  :lmao:

On a serious note though. Do you think the punishment suits the crime or have they been a little soft with all them involved. What should you have done?

First off, f**k you, you C**t.....that feels better, haven't said that in a while.  ;D

I'd sack the cu*ts, f**k them, they have disgraced our Country, Vice Captain and Captain shouldn't play for Australia again. Don't care how good they are, we have able replacements knocking the door down to get in that Test side.

As for the young fella, although he's only played 8 Tests, I am sure he's played plenty of First Class cricket before to know what he was doing was wrong. He should have told Warner to go f**k himself, if Warner was the one who told him he has to do it. That he went along with it for the fear of being shamed by his more senior colleagues, he really should have thought about the big picture and what the ramifications of his actions would be.

No sympathy for them at all.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3115: Mar 30, 2018 08:43:04 am
      iAN i find it hard to believe that there was only 3 players who were in on the sandpaper trick.Since this was blown wide open it is rumored that Bunnings share prices have hit rock bottom as it was their sandpaper that was used. :f_tongueincheek:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #3116: Mar 30, 2018 10:07:50 am
      Mind you watching this England batting is pretty laughable at the moment, 95 for 5 at the moment

I think sometimes that they should turn the batting order upside down, the way our top order perform. It would not make much difference, at least our bowlers would have a bit of a rest, before going out to bowl.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #3117: Mar 30, 2018 10:18:49 am
      Cook's a real worry now - I know he got that double ton in Melbourne but his innings around that have been absolutely woeful. No one really knocking on the door to take his place though. Number 3 continues to be a worry as well - Vince will never be the solution so it's about time we just give up on him and give someone else a go.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #3118: Mar 30, 2018 11:16:59 am
      I think sometimes that they should turn the batting order upside down, the way our top order perform. It would not make much difference, at least our bowlers would have a bit of a rest, before going out to bowl.

Like the old days on uncovered wickets
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3119: Mar 30, 2018 01:44:20 pm
      First off, f**k you, you C**t.....that feels better, haven't said that in a while.  ;D

You should refrain from using that type of language as some members (( well only one really  ;D )) might be rather perturbed by it. Can you speak the queens language when your addressing me please  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #3120: Mar 30, 2018 02:17:09 pm

They've been absolutely dogshit in the southern hemisphere. Sat watching till about 4 this morning. There's been the odd stand out performance batting wise, Overton in last test, Bairstow today, but on the whole we've been sh*te.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #3121: Mar 30, 2018 05:05:06 pm
      Good innings by bairstow and good support by mark wood, may sneak past 300
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #3122: Mar 30, 2018 11:17:55 pm
      You should refrain from using that type of language as some members (( well only one really  ;D )) might be rather perturbed by it. Can you speak the queens language when your addressing me please  :f_whistle:

Yes, go forth and get fuckedth!  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #3123: Mar 31, 2018 12:13:56 am

God save your queen !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3124: Mar 31, 2018 12:18:16 am

:lmao: c**t  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #3125: Apr 01, 2018 02:21:17 am
      He has to go like so many others involved.. Think our very own forumite Aussie Red was involved too. Ban the fooker  :lmao:

You absolute Moron.  :D :D :D

If I get banned, I'm taking you down with me. So many people will go straight to the Reasons to be Cheerful thread.  ;D ;D ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3126: Apr 01, 2018 08:46:04 am
      You absolute Moron.  :D :D :D

If I get banned, I'm taking you down with me. So many people will go straight to the Reasons to be Cheerful thread.  ;D ;D ;D

April fool  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #3127: Apr 01, 2018 03:47:43 pm
      Been using sandpaper on my balls for years

Quick Reply