Trending Topics

Next match: Chelsea v LFC [Premier League] Sun 22nd Sep @ 4:30 pm
      Stamford Bridge

Today is the 19th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W10 D6 L8

Cricket

Read 182571 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,986 posts | 401 
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #3850: Sep 08, 2019 06:13:49 pm
      Speed & Spin..14 overs...10 to many may be..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1242 
      Reply #3851: Sep 08, 2019 06:16:59 pm
      Congratulations to Australia. Easily the best team in the series and eventually pressure told.

Overton hold your head up high lad!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,986 posts | 401 
      Reply #3852: Sep 08, 2019 06:17:22 pm
      Outplayed in truth. Lots of fight but not enough quality in the batting and bowling.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,986 posts | 401 
      Reply #3853: Sep 08, 2019 06:18:52 pm
      Congratulations to Australia. Easily the best team in the series and eventually pressure told.

Overton hold your head up high lad!

Correct and I've enjoyed reading your posts. See you at the oval. cheers..
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,946 posts | 793 
      Reply #3854: Sep 08, 2019 06:20:58 pm
      Aussies a class above. Best test batsman in the world and a superb pace attack to back him up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,608 posts | 1908 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3855: Sep 08, 2019 06:29:51 pm
      Really disappointed but not surprised.  Hope the money chasing tw*ts at the ecb are happy
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,608 posts | 1908 
      Reply #3856: Sep 08, 2019 07:02:15 pm
      Anyhow onto to tuesday and hope that Somerset can lift their first county championship.  As for the oval be surprised if there are many changes. Need to bat first
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1242 
      Reply #3857: Sep 08, 2019 07:22:49 pm
      Anyhow onto to tuesday and hope that Somerset can lift their first county championship.  As for the oval be surprised if there are many changes. Need to bat first

Feel for me. Was looking good for Lancs to be in the t20 finals day until they gave the penultimate over to Liam Livingstone, the part time pie chucker. 3 sixes later, it was all over.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,608 posts | 1908 
      Reply #3858: Sep 08, 2019 07:52:57 pm
      Feel for me. Was looking good for Lancs to be in the t20 finals day until they gave the penultimate over to Liam Livingstone, the part time pie chucker. 3 sixes later, it was all over.

What was that all about. Vilas the lancs captain had a mare.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 385 posts | 27 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3859: Sep 08, 2019 08:45:44 pm
       Well done Australia and congrats Aussie Red  :f_wah:

Fully deserved  :f_wah:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,608 posts | 1908 
      Reply #3860: Sep 08, 2019 11:15:23 pm
      https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/1170773557279952900?s=20

Joe root  channeling his inner brendan rodgers
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1242 
      Reply #3861: Sep 09, 2019 10:17:55 am
      Not f**king sunny now is it!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1242 
      Reply #3862: Sep 09, 2019 10:22:07 am
      What was that all about. Vilas the lancs captain had a mare.

No idea, too many people throwing their opinion in the ring I think.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,608 posts | 1908 
      Reply #3863: Sep 09, 2019 12:16:05 pm
      Unchanged squad. Only question is if stokes is fit to bowl
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1242 
      Reply #3864: Sep 09, 2019 05:18:39 pm
      Unchanged squad. Only question is if stokes is fit to bowl

I think Woakes will come back in for Overton.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,898 posts | 1039 
      Reply #3865: Sep 10, 2019 11:51:54 am
      Missed the last few days.

Completely blew what Stokes gave us. Sounded like we were halfhearted.

Unfortunately we never found an answer to Smith and it felt like the belief slipped away the longer he stayed at the crease.

Good to see Warner have a terrible series though :d
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,986 posts | 401 
      Reply #3866: Sep 10, 2019 02:35:49 pm
      Boycott knighted. But big fuss made of the fact that he was found guilty in a French court of domestic abuse.Claims he is innocent.Was 25 years ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if he told them to shuve it if the politicians keep up the criticism.Throw a few insults toward parliament. I mean how many MP's get knighthoods...and for what.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,782 posts | 974 
      Reply #3867: Sep 10, 2019 11:50:48 pm
      Stayed up until 3am our time to see it finally get clinched. Was getting a little squeaky there for a bit but.

Two day hangover has subsided now I think.

Feeling pretty good. Love this bloke. Best since Bradman.

crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,383 posts | 2551 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3868: Sep 11, 2019 12:08:46 am
      Steve Smith is probably Jesus. But i don't understand why the English pacers didn't swing it away from outside off stump more often? That's the highest chance you have to get him out.

And even i survived more balls faced against Pat Cummins as a teenager than these English test batsmen. Pathetic! :D

Up the Aussies, finish the job in the last.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,799 posts | 507 
      Reply #3869: Sep 11, 2019 02:48:10 am
      And even i survived more balls faced against Pat Cummins as a teenager than these English test batsmen. Pathetic! :D 

Dont let the poms find that out we know how much they like their foreign imports in their teams.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,782 posts | 974 
      Reply #3870: Sep 11, 2019 08:14:53 am
      Steve Smith is probably Jesus. But i don't understand why the English pacers didn't swing it away from outside off stump more often? That's the highest chance you have to get him out.

Up the Aussies, finish the job in the last.

How was he to face? Can only assume terrifying? :D

Smithy has been in some form. Sure it didn't bloody matter to be honest :D But it is curious just how abject the bowling was that they didn't seem to try it. Only times he got out below 100 were 1) F***ing concussed as f**k & 2) Having a smash to run up a quick score. If he scores another 200 runs in this last test match I think he may beat Bradman's record for runs in a tour in England? Being able to even say that sentence proves he's the best since, and on current form he'll absolutely get pretty close I reckon.

Stoked to retain, first time we'll have brought the urn home from england since I was 13 (31 now) but will be an added bonus if we can win the series outright as well, so lots to play for still.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,234 posts | 2010 
      Reply #3871: Sep 11, 2019 01:57:29 pm
      How was he to face? Can only assume terrifying? :D

Smithy has been in some form. Sure it didn't bloody matter to be honest :D But it is curious just how abject the bowling was that they didn't seem to try it. Only times he got out below 100 were 1) F***ing concussed as f**k & 2) Having a smash to run up a quick score. If he scores another 200 runs in this last test match I think he may beat Bradman's record for runs in a tour in England? Being able to even say that sentence proves he's the best since, and on current form he'll absolutely get pretty close I reckon.

Stoked to retain, first time we'll have brought the urn home from england since I was 13 (31 now) but will be an added bonus if we can win the series outright as well, so lots to play for still.

IN my opinion Smith is much better than Bradman as the quality of fielding and bowling is far higher these days, not taking anything away form Bradman of course who is and always will be a legend.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1242 
      Reply #3872: Sep 11, 2019 02:09:25 pm
      Boycott knighted. But big fuss made of the fact that he was found guilty in a French court of domestic abuse.Claims he is innocent.Was 25 years ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if he told them to shuve it if the politicians keep up the criticism.Throw a few insults toward parliament. I mean how many MP's get knighthoods...and for what.

Theresa May likes her cricket and shes sorted out 2 big Tory boy cricketers in Strauss and Boycs with Knighthoods.

I like them both, Boycott cracks me up at times,  real pig headed character as a player and now as a commentator. Strauss was a solid player, leader, cricketer, bloke and has dealt with the death of his wife to Cancer brilliantly.

Being Tory supporters though will have counted for more than all that though.

On to tomorrow now and the weather is set fair for 5 full days of cricket in the sun. Win this England can look back at a really good Summer of cricket.

It's one thing  for Australia to retain the Ashes, but it would be another for them to come here and win them. We mustn't let it happen even though it will be difficult seeing as though (although we have won a test) we haven't really looked like winning any of the previous 4 so far.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,793 posts | 1242 
      Reply #3873: Sep 11, 2019 02:15:50 pm
      The wider question for Smith is why England have not managed to sort themselves out with pitches favourable for themselves. Old Trafford was supposed to be bouncy and wasnt, and we can go all through the series and the pitches have been flat.

The Oval is usually the flattest, but I'm wondering if they will leave some grass on it and try to make this a result pitch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,782 posts | 974 
      Reply #3874: Sep 11, 2019 07:43:55 pm
      IN my opinion Smith is much better than Bradman as the quality of fielding and bowling is far higher these days, not taking anything away form Bradman of course who is and always will be a legend.

People say this a lot, that if the game is much more professional these days then the batsman must be better - doesn't work for me though.

Bradman's average speaks for itself for me. It's still such a crazy outlier, even at that time, let alone now. Obviously comparing eras is never easy but I still can't say he's definitely better, much less saying much better. To each their own though!

Quick Reply