Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Cricket

Read 384596 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #3013: Jul 16, 2017 12:40:48 pm
      Absolutely mental how up and down this England side are.

Very true, have improved in white ball stuff but test team is so inconsistent,  bowling is oksy but batting is so flaky.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3014: Jul 16, 2017 05:03:33 pm
      We're doomed !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3015: Jul 27, 2017 11:29:13 am
      Keaton Jennings. Tge walking wicket.

Needs dropping from this team, has to be someone out there to play with Cookie.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3016: Jul 27, 2017 04:09:48 pm
      Keaton Jennings. Tge walking wicket.

Needs dropping from this team, has to be someone out there to play with Cookie.

Should have gone with Stoneman on his home ground.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3017: Jul 28, 2017 05:21:54 pm
      Good 2nd day for England, all out for 353 with Stokes making 112 and Cook making 88.

South Africa currently 51-5 after 21 overs
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3018: Jul 28, 2017 05:32:34 pm
      England well on top. The toss is becoming more and more important in test match cricket.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3019: Jul 30, 2017 05:35:14 pm
      England well on top. The toss is becoming more and more important in test match cricket.

Very much on top now with a days play to go, target set for South Africa of 492 and England currently doing very well getting four wickets and South Africa on 52-4.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3020: Jul 30, 2017 05:38:05 pm
      Very much on top now with a days play to go, target set for South Africa of 492 and England currently doing very well getting four wickets and South Africa on 52-4.

Teams seem to buckle more under pressure these days, maybe all the t20 and one day stuff
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3021: Jul 31, 2017 02:29:39 pm
      Cracking end to game, Moen Ali winning the game for England with his first-ever international hattrick
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3022: Aug 01, 2017 10:28:01 am
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3023: Aug 27, 2017 09:49:07 pm
      Good game brewing against the Windies in the second test after the walkover of the first one.

Quite glad to see them West Indies shoving some over the top punditry against them from our newspapers.

We fought well and it was good to see us dig in and keep ourselves in thw game though.

Sitting on basically 2 for 3 is still precarious but we do bat deep.

If we can get a 200 plus lead we can put them under real pressure.

By the way getting sick of seeing Broad being scared shitless when he comes out to bat. I know he got a ball that got trapped in his grill about 3 years ago that hurt him but it's still pretty embarassing to see. He has some talent and with this game in the balance 30 runs from him could be priceless. When his turn comes i want to see him in behind the ball not trying to get out of tge way of a yorker.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3024: Aug 28, 2017 03:16:15 pm
      England losing their heads with the last 3 wickets. Hauled out at long off and a reverse sweep onto the stumps.

All we need to do is occupy the crease and the runs will come. Play properly ffs.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3025: Aug 29, 2017 07:14:03 pm
      Very impressive win for the West Indies that. Hope and Braithwaite were superb.

Just hope this kind of result doesn't make Root into a defensive captain - definitely the right call to declare when he did last night.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3026: Aug 29, 2017 07:25:24 pm
      Very impressive win for the West Indies that. Hope and Braithwaite were superb.

Just hope this kind of result doesn't make Root into a defensive captain - definitely the right call to declare when he did last night.

Said last night it was a mistake, woakes not fully fit, stokes inconsistent and broad is past his best,  mooen struggles under pressure, one of the worst england displays i have seen, credit to the windies but the ashes are going to be humiliating
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3027: Aug 30, 2017 08:41:20 am
      Bangladesh beats Australia. This is quite a result for that cricket-crazy country even though it is at home. Further proof that the cricket in Bangladesh is on the rise.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3028: Aug 30, 2017 08:57:50 am
      Bangladesh beats Australia. This is quite a result for that cricket-crazy country even though it is at home. Further proof that the cricket in Bangladesh is on the rise.

The pitches are very much the  leveller over there but yes they have improved 100 fold over the last few years.

Test cricket is still the pinicle for me, I hope Afghanistan can develop like Bangladesh have and maybe beyond over the next decade to keep the test level alive.

Two great wins this week for Bangladesh and the West Indies... good for cricket.

It would be great to see the Windies get back to a competitive level at test level but unfortunately with their rules along side what they can pay their players and what they can earn touring the  world as a t20 player doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3029: Aug 30, 2017 09:35:33 am
      I have very high hopes for Afghanistan. They have the passion and they are a talented bunch, especially their spinner Rashid Khan. They defeated the Windies recently in a ODI match.

As far as West Indies is concerned, I don't harbour any notions of them rising again. I was hoping they will rise - two times in the recent past - one in 2004 when they won the champions trophy in England and one in 2012 when they won the T20 tournament in Srilanka. But, as you say they are just two more forms of cricket and not the pinnacle of cricket, which is test cricket. Because, as the name suggests it is a 'test' of the player's abilities. Not making it to the recent champions trophy tournament is embarrassing enough for a once mighty team. The world of cricket is poorer without them and I guess we need to rejoice at these odd victories here and there.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3030: Aug 30, 2017 10:15:52 am

Bloody terrible considering the Aussies got their way back in to a winning position. But, we are F***ing frustrating at the minute. Have to say the pay dispute over the last few months really has killed cricket for me, coupled with the seeming over abundance of 20/20 and all - calendar is far too saturated it seems. Just quite apathetic to it all at the moment, which as a kid thats grown up loving the Aussie test side, it is sad for me to say. But, I am hoping as the Ashes get closer that feeling will return.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3031: Aug 30, 2017 11:11:08 am
      Bloody terrible considering the Aussies got their way back in to a winning position.

This has been a regular problem for the Aussies in Asia (turning pitches). In the last 10 years in Asia, Australia had 9 opportunities to win in the 4th innings (8 defeats and 1 draw).

Test cricket was re-invented by the Aussies, and as a kid, I used to admire the teams, especially the team led by Waugh (albeit, grudgingly). I do hope things get sorted out soon and Australia is ready for the Ashes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3032: Sep 02, 2017 03:00:53 pm
      This has been a regular problem for the Aussies in Asia (turning pitches). In the last 10 years in Asia, Australia had 9 opportunities to win in the 4th innings (8 defeats and 1 draw).

Test cricket was re-invented by the Aussies, and as a kid, I used to admire the teams, especially the team led by Waugh (albeit, grudgingly). I do hope things get sorted out soon and Australia is ready for the Ashes.

England hardly look in much better shape. Question marks at the top of the order and a bowling line up that's starting to show it's age a bit.

The Ashes will be high on drama this winter but low in quality bar the odd world class player on either side.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3033: Sep 05, 2017 11:54:52 am
      Said last night it was a mistake, woakes not fully fit, stokes inconsistent and broad is past his best,  mooen struggles under pressure, one of the worst england displays i have seen, credit to the windies but the ashes are going to be humiliating

I thought at the time the declaration was a mistake. The runs were going up as the innings went by, the pitch was actually really flat and slow. If we just batted out the day we would have made the Windies play a bit more aggressively if they wanted to chase the win, and as a result could have picked up the wickets as they took chances.

As it was they played brilliantly but just had to bat out the overs and with the fields we were setting of they stayed in they had won the game.

I'm old school and value a series win, so if you are 1-0 up you don't have to take that much of a risk to try to win a test. Let the Windies take the chances.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #3034: Sep 05, 2017 07:17:48 pm
      England hardly look in much better shape. Question marks at the top of the order and a bowling line up that's starting to show it's age a bit.

The Ashes will be high on drama this winter but low in quality bar the odd world class player on either side.

Even then I believe England are in a much better shape and will start as strong favourites.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3035: Sep 07, 2017 12:40:18 pm
      499 for Jimmy. In comes last games hero Shai Hope.

Quick Reply