Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Cricket

Read 384710 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #3059: Sep 29, 2017 01:12:20 pm
      Can understand the Ballance recall but Vince? Awful last summer for England and unlike Ballance he hasn't had a great county season either. Shame Wood wasn't deemed fit enough to go, would have been a very handy player to have considering the conditions down there.

All in all, a pretty weak squad. Hard to know where the Aussies are at either though, they've been on the subcontinent a while now and I think their current series with India doesn't have any test matches in it.

Wood will go with the lions to Australia and be getting game  time, should he prove it and England need him he will be pulled across.

Vince I think is a gut call, good strike maker, especially off the back foot, struggled in English conditions knicking off against the swinging ball.
      The kooka doesn't swing as much beyond the first ten overs

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3060: Mar 22, 2018 01:17:23 am
      New Zealand won the toss and are bowling, cook gone already
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3061: Mar 22, 2018 01:29:55 am
      Root out for 0
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #3062: Mar 22, 2018 01:51:01 am
      Over 11 - England 18-5 (Ali 0, Bairstow 0).

At this rate they might not get to 50
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #3063: Mar 22, 2018 01:51:48 am
      18 for 6 now. To be all out under 30?
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #3064: Mar 22, 2018 02:02:08 am
      23 for 7 now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3065: Mar 22, 2018 02:35:07 am
      58 all out , my god
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #3066: Mar 22, 2018 02:35:29 am
      And all out for 58. At least No 9 made a good 31 Not out.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3067: Mar 24, 2018 02:04:33 pm
      Cameron bancroft caught ball tampering, hahaha
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #3068: Mar 24, 2018 05:56:39 pm
      Steve Smith - immensely talented player but this coupled with that DRS 'brain fade' stuff against India will tarnish him forever. Not sure how he can continue as captain really?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3069: Mar 24, 2018 06:09:34 pm
      Steve Smith - immensely talented player but this coupled with that DRS 'brain fade' stuff against India will tarnish him forever. Not sure how he can continue as captain really?

Very hard to believe the coaching staff new nothing about it
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3070: Mar 24, 2018 11:04:16 pm
      It's not cheating, it's Aussie Rules Cricket.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3071: Mar 25, 2018 02:12:11 am
      Steve Smith really has no alternative now. Hes got to stand down which is quite funny cos its the decision Australia really dont want to make.

South Africa have really got into these fellas heads in a way our lot didn't manage.

The meaning of the series less on paper than an ashes test but i think South Africa got them desperate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3072: Mar 25, 2018 01:11:58 pm

He has to go like so many others involved.. Think our very own forumite Aussie Red was involved too. Ban the fooker  :lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3074: Mar 25, 2018 01:51:48 pm
      Embarrassing as an Aussie that our captains done this sh*t.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3075: Mar 25, 2018 01:59:16 pm
      Smith banned for one match by the icc, bancroft fined
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #3076: Mar 26, 2018 12:18:53 pm
      They have got off likely in my view. This is blatant cheating in every sense of the word, their only problem is, that they have been caught.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3077: Mar 26, 2018 01:39:17 pm
      They have got off likely in my view. This is blatant cheating in every sense of the word, their only problem is, that they have been caught.

Thats ICC the big punishments will be dished out by their own board.

Apparently theres a video of Bancroft filling his pockets with sugar against England too.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3078: Mar 26, 2018 04:01:52 pm
      At times I think 'is this a bit of an overreaction?' Ball tampering is nothing new in this sport is it? But then the other side of me speaks louder given that it was pre-empted as opposed to impulsive and the dirty deed was shoved onto a relative rookie by the experienced pros. That really stinks of a cowardly act, not too dissimilar to the attitude displayed by Renault F1 chiefs telling Piquet Jnr to crash deliberately to disrupt the Singapore GP in favour of Fernando Alonso back in 2008.

Is it worse than the underarm bowl by Chappell in 1981? I only say that because I found myself in a youtube wormhole a couple of months back looking at old cricket Australia videos (was during the Ashes) and Richie Benaud's famous but controlled expression of disgust in light of that incident. What would he say about the current scandal?
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2018 04:08:34 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3079: Mar 26, 2018 04:40:19 pm
      At times I think 'is this a bit of an overreaction?' Ball tampering is nothing new in this sport is it? But then the other side of me speaks louder given that it was pre-empted as opposed to impulsive and the dirty deed was shoved onto a relative rookie by the experienced pros. That really stinks of a cowardly act, not too dissimilar to the attitude displayed by Renault F1 chiefs telling Piquet Jnr to crash deliberately to disrupt the Singapore GP in favour of Fernando Alonso back in 2008.

Is it worse than the underarm bowl by Chappell in 1981? I only say that because I found myself in a youtube wormhole a couple of months back looking at old cricket Australia videos (was during the Ashes) and Richie Benaud's famous but controlled expression of disgust in light of that incident. What would he say about the current scandal?

Personally don't think it is as bad as spot fixing and certainly not match fixing. How Mohammed amir is allowed to play after serving prison timr is beyond me. Problem is this Australia team are deeply unpopular even amongst some of their own fans etc, i think that level of unpopularity is just hitting home
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3080: Mar 26, 2018 04:53:39 pm
      Aussies not getting the rub at the moment...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3081: Mar 26, 2018 06:58:34 pm

The over reaction is those saying Smith should be banned for x amount of years or a life ban.

The Aussie public/media/Quantas will see to it that his captaincy gets moved along and the reputation of the team can be rebuilt. A reasonable ban and he will continue his career without the captaincy.

Lehman will go and that will be of no loss to the Aussies or the game at all. His silence on this has been pretty pitiful to be honest. He knew.

It will be interesting if Warner profits or loses from this because he's next in line but also right in the thick of the scandal. I dont think the Aussies can rebuild their image with him as captain.

Beyond those two though its difficult to see the next leader amongst them.

That video of Bancroft putting sugar in his pocket during the ashes looks pretty damning too. They've been doing this for a good while and like has already been said its the planning thats gone into this that makes it so bad.

Their unpopularity doesn't help. There's a lot of snidy cu*ts amongst them who give it out then whinge when they get it back.
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2018 07:10:13 pm by fields of anny rd »

Quick Reply