Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Cricket

Read 384494 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #3243: Aug 30, 2018 04:03:05 pm

Can hold my own :laugh:

Just seen the score, another batting collapse then?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3244: Sep 01, 2018 05:25:26 pm
      The lower order seem to cope better, than the top order, wonder why ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3245: Sep 01, 2018 08:12:08 pm
      The lower order seem to cope better, than the top order, wonder why ?

Heard a suggestion that someone like woakes should open the batting, hope england can get a lead up to about 260-275
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3246: Sep 02, 2018 05:27:43 pm
      Well played England,  well bowled mo, a top red as well. Another fantastic test match, who said test cricket was dead
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3247: Sep 02, 2018 07:05:26 pm
      Well played England,  well bowled mo, a top red as well. Another fantastic test match, who said test cricket was dead

Great viewing, didn't think we could beat them but nice to be wrong.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3248: Sep 02, 2018 08:52:51 pm
      it could have gone either way at one point but our Bowlers won it for sure batting needs a rethink
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3249: Sep 02, 2018 09:52:11 pm
      it could have gone either way at one point but our Bowlers won it for sure batting needs a rethink

Two new openers, a number three as well
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3250: Sep 02, 2018 10:06:32 pm
      Two new openers, a number three as well

Burns will come in and suspect Vince again

Should have given Hildreath a go earlier
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3251: Sep 03, 2018 12:07:56 pm
      Alistair cook to retire after the oval, 160 test matches, england's highest ever run scorer, great bloke, excellent batsman and a fantastic role model, i know i moaned about his captaincy but an absolute legend in my book. Will be weird not to see him playing for England
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3252: Sep 03, 2018 02:29:29 pm
      Alistair cook to retire after the oval, 160 test matches, england's highest ever run scorer, great bloke, excellent batsman and a fantastic role model, i know i moaned about his captaincy but an absolute legend in my book. Will be weird not to see him playing for England

I got the same feeling with  Botham. Going to be sad watching Cook play his last test.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3253: Sep 05, 2018 10:15:41 am
      Cook will be a very difficult opening batsman to replace. He has been a great servant to the England side, which goes without saying.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3254: Sep 07, 2018 12:20:56 pm
      Great gesture by kohli and india to give Alistair cook a guard of honour, hopefully they will let him get a big ton
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3255: Sep 08, 2018 08:01:09 pm
      Good day for england
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3256: Sep 09, 2018 04:25:59 pm
      Had it pointed out to me how much keaton jennings looked like beaker from the muppets, christ beaker could do a better job
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3257: Sep 10, 2018 12:51:12 pm
      Yes Chef!!!!!

F***ing made up Ali Cook got his ton on his final knock in an England shirt. Greatest English batsmen of all time deserved the perfect send off and he's got it.

Well in Cooky.

I don't usually fill up with tears or get too emotional with cricket but I have today.

F***ing delighted for our greatest ever!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3258: Sep 10, 2018 03:16:03 pm
      Gutted to have missed it, what a way to end your international career
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3259: Sep 10, 2018 03:48:23 pm
      I'm a bit surprised why they didn't just declare as soon as Cook and Root were out, why wait, especially considering the inevitable collapse which followed. They still need to bowl India out and only have just over 1 day to do it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3260: Sep 10, 2018 05:06:02 pm
      I'm a bit surprised why they didn't just declare as soon as Cook and Root were out, why wait, especially considering the inevitable collapse which followed. They still need to bowl India out and only have just over 1 day to do it

2 for 3
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3261: Sep 10, 2018 06:27:14 pm
      A lot of people lambasted the selectors for picking Cook hopefully they will have the good grace to say they were wrong. If you take sentiment out of Sport what is it,  the human element of Sport is what makes it so special.  How many sportsmen will be so jealous of how he has finished his England batting career. He will be very very difficult to replace
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #3262: Sep 11, 2018 05:33:20 pm
      Another cracking match and series, 4-1 flatters england but test cricket at it's very best
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3263: Sep 12, 2018 12:08:53 am
      Ali Cook becomes the leading run scorer for a left handed batsmen and Jimmy Anderson becomes the leading wicket taker for a seamer - in the same F***ing Test.

Well in boys!!!

It's great that they're really good mates as well.

Cooky, it's gonna be damn near impossible to replace you. We've seen how difficult it's been to replace Strauss and find Cook an opening partner for a sustained period of time so now having to replace our greatest ever batsmen is going to be one b***ard decision for the selectors. I still have a funny feeling that he'll be talked out of retirement in time for the Ashes next year though. Two disappointing tours of Sri Lanka and the West Indies for our openers and there'll be talk from everybody to get Cook back in the side ahead of the Aussies.

As for Jimmy, he is just boss. To go past the names he has is impressive but to surpass Glenn McGrath is unbelievable. Those of us who were lucky, or maybe unlucky as an England fan, to see McGrath know just how good he was. He was, for me, the best there's even been. So for Jimmy to of taken more Test match wickets than him is testament to just how good Jimmy is. Well F***ing done Jimbo, deserve all the credit in the world mate. He's not gonna catch Murali or Warne but there's a chance he could overtake Kumble and become the third highest wicket taker of all time. He only needs a couple of good series and with the West Indies coming up (albeit just three Tests) and then the Ashes back in England, there's a good chance he could get the 50 odd wickets he needs. Sri Lankan conditions won't offer him too much but he'll pick up a few wickets I would imagine just because he is that good.

F***ing made up for both of them.

Gotta end on a note to Alastair Cook. Thank you Chef. You have been a joy to watch for the past decade and a bit. The biggest compliment I can give is that Marcus Trescothick's retirement didn't cause a problem for the team because of how good you were from your opening Test. Tressy was one of the best and he and Strauss made a great opening partnership but you just replaced him with ease. Fantastic player and deserve every plaudit that comes your way.

Thank you Chef!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3264: Sep 26, 2018 06:27:05 pm
      Joe Denly has been called up for the Sri Lanka tour.

Those who've been on the forum long enough will know I was asking for him to be in the squad about ten years ago. I know he was given a chance in the limited over game around that time but never made much of an impact and never got into the Test game probably because Cook and Strauss were F***ing boss at the top of the order back then.

Hopefully he gets a chance and takes it. God knows we need somebody at the top of the order to start scoring runs.

In other news regarding the Sri Lanka v England series, Angelo Matthews has been left out of their limited overs squads. They must have one F***ing boss squad if they can leave him out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3265: Sep 26, 2018 08:48:36 pm
      Joe Denly has been called up for the Sri Lanka tour.

Those who've been on the forum long enough will know I was asking for him to be in the squad about ten years ago. I know he was given a chance in the limited over game around that time but never made much of an impact and never got into the Test game probably because Cook and Strauss were f**king boss at the top of the order back then.

Hopefully he gets a chance and takes it. God knows we need somebody at the top of the order to start scoring runs.

In other news regarding the Sri Lanka v England series, Angelo Matthews has been left out of their limited overs squads. They must have one f**king boss squad if they can leave him out.

I’m not sure where he will play as he hasn’t opened much this season and when at three hasn’t scored much

How Hildreath didn’t go it beyond me - the guy scores consistently runs every season yet ignored again and again

Quick Reply