Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Cricket

Read 392184 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,017 posts | 2717 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Cricket
      Reply #4186: Nov 19, 2021 11:44:55 am
      To be honest I think that just shows how much you don’t get this

It’s such a shame but when attitudes like this are prevalent then things will never change

Oh I get it, I just don't like Snownflakes and media stirring the pot up to make things worse than what they already are.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #4187: Nov 19, 2021 11:49:24 am
      Oh I get it, I just don't like Snownflakes and media stirring the pot up to make things worse than what they already are.

Who exactly do you class as a “snowflake”?

Also for this example I can see why it’s felt it’s relevant

I agree that the things on say Alex Hales seem a little irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but that’s what the media do, they’re cu*ts we all know that

In terms of people who don’t want things dragging up, don’t say things that can be perceived as racist or misogynistic or whatever , people have their own filter.. use it

As for the term snowflakes, I hate that, it’s a media invention.. and for someone who seemingly doesn’t like the media’s tactics, you seem on board with their terms
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,017 posts | 2717 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4188: Nov 19, 2021 11:59:23 am
      Who exactly do you class as a “snowflake”?

Also for this example I can see why it’s felt it’s relevant

I agree that the things on say Alex Hales seem a little irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but that’s what the media do, they’re cu*ts we all know that

In terms of people who don’t want things dragging up, don’t say things that can be perceived as racist or misogynistic or whatever , people have their own filter.. use it

As for the term snowflakes, I hate that, it’s a media invention.. and for someone who seemingly doesn’t like the media’s tactics, you seem on board with their terms

Google sums up Snownflake to a tee. Well in my opinion anyway, they get offended with anything and like the media milk it to their advantage, be it for more click bait/ papers sold or whatever. Their consistently fuelling a already hot fire shows no signs of stopping.

Enough on this debate now as we clearly will never agree so let's agree to disagree. That way we're not wasting each others time.

Regards...
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #4189: Nov 19, 2021 12:01:24 pm
      Google sums up Snownflake to a tee. Well in my opinion anyway, they get offended with anything and like the media milk it to their advantage, be it for more click bait/ papers sold or whatever. Their consistently fuelling a already hot fire shows no signs of stopping.

Enough on this debate now as we clearly will never agree so let's agree to disagree. That way we're not wasting each others time.

Regards...

That’s a shame that you’re not willing to discuss these things and try to change

Again part of the problem

No worries…

By the way I’m not having a go at you whatsoever, it was an interesting discussion for me on someone who thinks a completely different way to me, thought that was the point
      I don’t get offended by anything either, I just believe that I should stand up for something I think is wrong
      In terms of racism, the way I look at it is I have not lived their lives, I haven’t been subject to what they have, so how the F**k can I tell someone they shouldn’t be offended ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,017 posts | 2717 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4190: Nov 19, 2021 12:09:46 pm
      That’s a shame that you’re not willing to discuss these things and try to change

Again part of the problem

No worries…

By the way I’m not having a go at you whatsoever, it was an interesting discussion for me on someone who thinks a completely different way to me, thought that was the point
      I don’t get offended by anything either, I just believe that I should stand up for something I think is wrong
      In terms of racism, the way I look at it is I have not lived their lives, I haven’t been subject to what they have, so how the f**k can I tell someone they shouldn’t be offended ?

Reason being the debate is very much like politics ( never ending) and we can both have varied opinions which will go on and on. I don't want to go in the bracket of two we'll know members on here who debate how fast flys crawl up a wall, it's never ending and their only happy when moan.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4191: Nov 24, 2021 09:28:23 pm
      Vaughn been dropped by the #BBC so the maxim of innocent until proven guilty doesnt work for the BBC.
      He isnt someone I warm to but come on people are being publicly flogged here without the chance to state their case.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #4192: Nov 24, 2021 10:10:26 pm
      Vaughn been dropped by the #BBC so the maxim of innocent until proven guilty doesnt work for the BBC.
      He isnt someone I warm to but come on people are being publicly flogged here without the chance to state their case.

To be fair to the BBC on this one they said it’s a major talking point currently in cricket and it wouldn’t be fair on him to be on and in those debates when he is in the middle of it and can’t talk about it neutrally
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #4193: Dec 08, 2021 12:20:55 am
      Well we've got our team selection wrong in my opinion and we're two down within the first four overs of this Ashes series.

11-2 and Root is now at the crease very early like he always seems to be at the moment.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #4194: Dec 08, 2021 12:32:07 am
      Root's gone, edging Hazlewood to Warner in the slips.

Three down.

Bed time I think.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4195: Dec 08, 2021 03:05:39 am
      We're fooked
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #4196: Dec 08, 2021 08:29:41 am
      Could be a painful few weeks
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4197: Dec 09, 2021 03:49:55 pm
      watched an hour early this morning and thought this is like DejaVu many times over
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #4198: Dec 11, 2021 09:43:45 am
      These batting collapses have been the bright of our test game since Flower went.

Nobody willing to stop them by demanding better. Too many loose shots outside off stump.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #4199: Dec 11, 2021 10:12:52 am
      A mate of mine bet me a fiver yesterday England would win the series. Looks like I have made an easy 5 quid !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #4200: Dec 12, 2021 02:37:30 pm
      Couldn't believe Anderson and Broad didn't start.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #4201: Dec 12, 2021 02:40:11 pm
      Couldn't believe Anderson and Broad didn't start.

Can understand one to be honest but not both . Not sure it would have mattered with the batting really the problem
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4202: Dec 16, 2021 10:18:43 pm
      We're fu**ed
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #4203: Dec 16, 2021 10:20:47 pm
      Jos  clearly forgot his gloves and wore a pair of Cows tits  instead
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #4204: Dec 16, 2021 10:33:01 pm

A bad Day 2 and the series is gone really. Need some early wickets to have a chance but you suspect Australia did the hard work by seeing off the new ball under lights yesterday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4205: Dec 16, 2021 10:50:55 pm
      we shot ourselves in the foot with our over rate and apparently missed a goo d opportunity with a new ball late on the commentators just did not understand it. May as well fly home now its only going to get worse
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #4206: Dec 16, 2021 10:56:05 pm
      we shot ourselves in the foot with our over rate and apparently missed a goo d opportunity with a new ball late on the commentators just did not understand it. May as well fly home now its only going to get worse

Hence my comment about Cows tits
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #4207: Dec 17, 2021 05:40:05 am
      A bad Day 2 and the series is gone really. Need some early wickets to have a chance but you suspect Australia did the hard work by seeing off the new ball under lights yesterday.

Games already gone truth be told after day one

Even if we “skittled” them for another 150 then that’s nearly 400 batting first, no way we get the near  on 500 we’d need to put them under pressure for their second innings to try to win it in the 4th

F***ing sh*te to be honest by England

Just flicked the score on getting ready for work

302-5 at “dinner”
      Say the Aussies get another 100 (think they’ll get more), but that’s over 400 and England  starting their innings “under lights”… can see England 100-5 or something at the close and games done
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2021 06:08:55 am by Redman7804 »
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #4208: Dec 17, 2021 08:02:23 am
      Games gone from an England perspective already

If I were an Aussie I’d take the piss here, throw the bat at everything and get England in under the lights, Englands fragile batting will be out of this by close of play

Quick Reply