Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

can gerrard and alonso play together

Read 2032 times
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 135 posts | 11 
      Aug 05, 2006 07:58:51 am
      whats peoples views on gerrard and alonso in centre mid together personalyi think rafa needs somene there who can do the dirty work as gerrard is world class but he doesn't score 20 goals a season by defending and alonso is ya typical spanish player will knock the ball all over the park, just feel like for success this year momo will have to play in a 5 man mid or a 2 man mid with gerrard playin higher up just hope that rafa hasn't brought in 1 to many players to upset the balance but pre season over lets all get behind the boys
      sppuuddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #1: Aug 05, 2006 09:04:37 am
      Good question your right its not really ideal, but the problem is Gerrard  Alonso and Momo are all too good to leave out thats why i think we will see a lot of Bellamy up front on his own this year with Gerrard playing in front of Alonso and Momo. Pennant sending them crosses in for Gerrard to meet and Speedy Riise or Kewell cutting in on the left............cant bloody wait
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 05, 2006 01:31:32 pm
      nope, alonso is too take his time
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #3: Aug 05, 2006 05:26:43 pm
      Of course they can play in midfield together! But then again i really like them 2 an momo an i wished all of them plus pennant plus speedy can play at the same time and thats not gonna happen
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #4: Aug 05, 2006 10:01:44 pm
      i think gerrard xabi and mo will all play regularly in a 5 man mid with one up front
      redforever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -1 
      • redsforever
      Reply #5: Aug 06, 2006 07:15:47 am
      the two players play in the same position in the middle of the feild and both offencive player better than diffencive if you remember the game with ac milan when gerard start to take offencive steps reds sccores three goals but when gerard where playing diffencivly we couldnt sccore any goal so if we want to win we have to play on base and is that the offence is better solution to diffence .
      also we can not play with one striker because we will either dual or lose ,we have no first class striker now that is a fact boys . :!:  :!:  :?:  :?:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Aug 06, 2006 01:07:51 pm
      Quote from: "sppuuddy"
      Good question your right its not really ideal, but the problem is Gerrard  Alonso and Momo are all too good to leave out thats why i think we will see a lot of Bellamy up front on his own this year with Gerrard playing in front of Alonso and Momo. Pennant sending them crosses in for Gerrard to meet and Speedy Riise or Kewell cutting in on the left............cant bloody wait

Seconded there boss, Gerrard will be cut loose this year to make that 25 mark he didn't quite touch last season.

Quick Reply