Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Momo Has Gone To Juventus

Read 9366 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Momo Has Gone To Juventus
      Reply #46: Jan 29, 2008 05:35:24 pm
      Sorry to see him go .But at the moment its best for Liverpool and hope best for Momo too,
        Good luck Momo
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #47: Jan 29, 2008 05:53:57 pm
      As reported on Radio Merseyside Momo Sissoke has completed his transfer to Juvenus for 9 million pounds.

Oooh the Royal Bank of Scotland will be pleased.

He will possibly go on to be a world class act but he just wasn't performing for us.  He had a good start to his career but it just petered out at Anfield, especially after that fight in the Chicken takeaway.

A lesson to us all in avoiding late night snacks.....
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #48: Jan 29, 2008 07:28:05 pm
      May be He wasn't a player for Liverpool.
      I want to wish him good luck in his future career at Dela Alpi. It's important for a player to find a team that is really for him
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #49: Jan 29, 2008 09:10:48 pm
      I do really feel sorry for him leaving Liverpool. He loved it here and you could see that. I wasn't too pleased to see him dropped for most games of the season when he has already proved to us what a quality player he is! I think he's the kind of player who plays well alongside certain players and he needs games to keep himself maintaining his top form.

He was the player who took Gerrards role in the centre of midfield which made Gerrard play on the right of midfield. That season we had our most ever points tally making it 82pts only 9 points behind the Chelsea and 1 point behind Man Utd.

The real set back was his eye injury against Benfica, before that he was an awsome player for us but this is part of the game now, he'll have to move on and so will we. Hope he recaptures that potential world class form again, thanks Momo. YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #50: Jan 29, 2008 09:12:55 pm
      Good luck Momo, sorry your form didn't continue as it started which was terrific. Best of luck and thanks for the memories.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #51: Jan 29, 2008 09:21:14 pm
      Sad to see him go, but I wish him the best of luck at Juventus. Now let's use the money we got from him and sign Mascherano permanently.
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #52: Jan 30, 2008 02:03:26 pm
      He was a very hard working player, but the only thing he did a little to often was fall the "hollywood" way and that will he have more use of in Italy.....
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #53: Jan 30, 2008 02:11:59 pm
      He was a great player for us in his first two seasons , playing crucial and eyecatching roles in many imprortant games. Most notably against Barcelona last season.

This season he just hasnt cut the mustard but he is a good player if he can recapture his form and I wish him luck in Italy where maybe perhaps he is more suited as he has more time to pick out the simplist of passes !
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #54: Jan 30, 2008 02:48:48 pm
      I'm quite upset he has gone, he had real potential, one of the most promising ball winning players I have ever seen (I admire the ball winners, play a vital role for the team). He was a good tackler and a good team player (hard worker), but I think the arrival of Masch lowered his confidence and shut him out, and rightly so as Masch is one hell of a player, love the bloke, he is phenomenal and I guess that was the reason he was prefered to Sissoko, because he can pass the ball, he positions himself very well and he can run around all day long and tackle just as good!

At some stage Momo was Rafa's golden boy and a few seasons back he was a key player for us, but slowly he has slipped under the shadow, i really hope his career flourishes in Italy. Would i have Masch or Momo? Both good players and good proffesionals, but for me it would have to be Masch and i guess that's why i'm not as upset as i perhaps would have been had we not have a player of Masch's quality.

I wish Momo all the best and he would always be welcome back to Anfield for me, but now it's time for the Monster Masch, sign him up Rafa ASAP, what a damn good player he is!
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 02:52:52 pm by T-Unit-LFC »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #55: Jan 30, 2008 03:07:16 pm
      Good luck Momo!!

Quick Reply