Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Mali coach vents anger at Sissoko

Read 1972 times
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Mali coach vents anger at Sissoko
      Jan 30, 2008 04:19:06 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7217815.stm

What a tit, Momo is only trying to sort his career out.

Mali coach Jean-Francois Joder has criticised Mohamed Sissoko's decision complete his transfer to Juventus during the Africa Cup of Nations.
      The Eagles' midfielder, 23, returned to the Africa Cup of Nations on Monday after spending three days in Turin.

Sissoko made a substitute appearance as Mali lost 3-0 to Ivory Coast and failed to qualify to the quarter-finals.

"I'm not happy with Sissoko for leaving our camp - he disrespected African football," Joder told BBC Sport.

"That's why I put him on the bench and I only brought him in the second half to replace the injured Kanoute.

"Juventus is a club that can afford to provide a jet for Sissoko and return him on the same day or the next day.

"But they didn't do that, instead they put the player on a public flight which meant he returned a day late for our match preparations against Ivory Coast - this was to our detriment.

"If Sissoko was a French player, do you think he would have behaved in this way," asks Joder.

"If he did, he would not be given the chance to play again in the tournament."

However, the former Liverpool man defended his decision to fly to Italy.

"I flew to Italy because it was important for my future and my football career," Sissoko said.

"I don't think I should be blamed for that and I expected the coach to show understanding."

It is the first time the Malian team have failed to progress past the first-round stage of the Africa Cup of Nations' finals.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 04:36:37 pm by mrtommo, Reason: Story added. Please don\'t just post the link »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Mali coach vents anger at Sissoko
      Reply #1: Jan 30, 2008 04:21:49 pm
      I don't think Momo's too bothered.

He's just gone to sign with one of the best teams in the world.  No diss to us because we're better than Juve ;)

Oh well.  He can always just go and play for the French National instead :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2008 06:00:09 am
      That coach is a boob face. Well done for coming out and shutting him down.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2008 11:24:36 am
      I can't blame Sissoko, he had a good reason.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2008 11:38:55 am
      I bet you that day of training that he missed the coach had a special passing training for him........I would be pissed too then... =D

Quick Reply