Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Ashes to Ashes

Read 9357 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Ashes to Ashes
      Reply #46: May 14, 2010 11:56:49 pm
      He's sexy in an arrogant sort of way.....a real bad boy....and us girls like a bit of a bad boy  :lmao:

I didn't see Life on Mars either  :( I'm hoping it will all become clear next week.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #47: May 15, 2010 02:15:58 pm
      Gene was a real dark horse last night, finally though him & drake were gonna get it on, Jim is a bit of a c**t but that just makes Gene a hell of a lot better when he rips the sh*t out of him ;D

still dont believe that he killed Sam, especially when Sam stopped Gene going down for murder in Life on Mars
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: May 21, 2010 09:54:10 pm
      The very last ever episode of Ashes to Ashes is coming on now.  :(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: May 21, 2010 10:49:07 pm
      He's killed the Quattro!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #50: May 21, 2010 11:52:00 pm
      Bloody brilliant ending....but I'm still trying to work out what the hell happened!! Anyone want to explain?!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #51: May 22, 2010 12:01:53 am
      Bloody brilliant ending....but I'm still trying to work out what the hell happened!! Anyone want to explain?!

Erm....in a word NO, I think I'm as confused as you RedWilly.

Superb programme but it left me scratching my head.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: May 22, 2010 12:08:10 am
      When you have beaten the bad guys the only thing left is to head to the pub. Unless your the flawed hero. Then you send your girl back so you can stay angry at the world and villans cant exploit your weak point. Unless they hide the whiskey that is. . . Other than that. . . Never bring your favourite car to a gun fight
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #53: May 22, 2010 05:16:38 pm

They were in a sort of police purgatory, where Gene Hunt's character is ultimately revealed to be part of a supernatural world in which members of the police force who have been killed or critically injured in real life come to in order to either wake in the real world, as initially with Sam Tyler, or for those killed, to accept their deaths. Gene Hunt guides these police officers and should they accept their death in the real world, takes them "to the pub" - moving on to an implied "heaven" beyond, whereas Keats was the Devil trying to lure them to hell.

The last episode reveals he has done this for many other officers before, including Sam Tyler and, in the final episode, also does so for Ray, Chris, Shaz and Alex; in the closing moments, another officer from the future appears wondering, like Alex and Sam, who has changed his office, and wondering where his iPhone is, and Gene Hunt ventures out to greet him, in his usual fashion.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #54: May 22, 2010 05:26:06 pm
      So basically, Gene Hunt is an afterlife Ghost Whisperer, an alternative (TV) reality version of Jennifer Love Hewitt...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #55: May 22, 2010 06:33:23 pm
      So basically, Gene Hunt is an afterlife Ghost Whisperer, an alternative (TV) reality version of Jennifer Love Hewitt...

Yeah except Gene Hunt has charisma and some of the funniest lines.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: May 22, 2010 07:12:02 pm
      Nice one HR will have to watch that series on the i player. Have only watched the last episode.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #57: May 23, 2010 10:54:58 pm
      They were in a sort of police purgatory, where Gene Hunt's character is ultimately revealed to be part of a supernatural world in which members of the police force who have been killed or critically injured in real life come to in order to either wake in the real world, as initially with Sam Tyler, or for those killed, to accept their deaths. Gene Hunt guides these police officers and should they accept their death in the real world, takes them "to the pub" - moving on to an implied "heaven" beyond, whereas Keats was the Devil trying to lure them to hell.

The last episode reveals he has done this for many other officers before, including Sam Tyler and, in the final episode, also does so for Ray, Chris, Shaz and Alex; in the closing moments, another officer from the future appears wondering, like Alex and Sam, who has changed his office, and wondering where his iPhone is, and Gene Hunt ventures out to greet him, in his usual fashion.

Just finished watching the last five episodes on the iPlayer (with a break for a bbq in between) and I'd certainly agree with that summing up.

Enjoyed it! Life On Mars was better for me though.

Quick Reply