Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Best Gigs You've Been To?

Read 8703 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Best Gigs You've Been To?
      Jan 31, 2008 12:21:48 pm
      I've only been to four...

My first was the summer of 2006 Richard Ashcroft by Lancashire Cricket Ground.  The support acts was some stupid idiot rapper  :-\, but then it got better!  RAZORLIGHT came on!   :D  Played all their hits.

THE FEELING came on!!  And they played some unusual stuff!

And then Legend himself.  He was on for near enough 2 hours and at the end had a 9 minute version of Bittersweet Symphony.  Absolutely Classic.

Next up for me was in December 2007 for THE ARCTIC MONKEYS at GMEX Manchester Central.  Their support acts were absolutely sh*te called The Rascals & The Horrors
      The Horrors were booed off and while that was happening they had Tomato sauce chucked at them!!  :D
      The lead singer of the Arctic Monkeys said after a few songs, "so who was it that was throwing tomato sauce at the Horrors?  You're all a bunch of wankers!"  :D
      They were on for about 2 hours and were amazing.

Next I went off down the Cavern a few days after the Arctics, to go see the cover band for Guns N' Roses, called Guns 2 Roses

It really shown me how much of a 'Greatest Hits fan' that I really am!  Most of their songs I was like.  Oh I haven't heard this.  To half of the songs that they played :D

Good gig though.  Played for roughly 2 hours.

Last but certainly not at all least.  30 SECONDS TO MARS  At Liverpool Mountford Hall
      That was on the 29th of January, well 2 days a go.
      They are by far my favorite band of all time.  And they definitely did not disappoint!  They were fantastic.  Nothing short of brilliant.

The lead singer is Jared Leto.  If you don't know who he is.  Look him up.

This was the one gig that I went absolutely mental!  I can't actually describe how good they are.  They were on for near enough 1 Hour and 45... 

Thats enough for now.

So go on.  Let's see your taste in LIVE music!  :D
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: Best Gigs You've Been To?
      Reply #1: Jan 31, 2008 01:48:58 pm
      Ive been to quite a few gigs. Mostly up and coming bands so doubt you'll have heard them.

I went to that Arctic Monkeys gig ... i agree the support was sh*t but they were superb.

Ive seen the Babyshambles three times and they are amazing live ... goin to see em again on the 10th in manchester apollo ....ill have to leave after the chelski game has finished offcourse !

Also goin to see the Foo Fighters in June at Wembley stadium ! .....hopefully ill have already taken a visit the month previous at the FA Cup Final !
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jan 31, 2008 01:51:23 pm
      Ive been to quite a few gigs. Mostly up and coming bands so doubt you'll have heard them.

I went to that Arctic Monkeys gig ... i agree the support was sh*t but they were superb.

Ive seen the Babyshambles three times and they are amazing live ... goin to see em again on the 10th in manchester apollo ....ill have to leave after the chelski game has finished offcourse !

Also goin to see the Foo Fighters in June at Wembley stadium ! .....hopefully ill have already taken a visit the month previous at the FA Cup Final !

Sounds good that mate!

Did you go the first night at GMEX for the Arctics or the second night?

Can't really judge Babyshambles but I think Pete Doherty is a F***ing loon!

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Jan 31, 2008 01:52:09 pm
      Pete Doherty IS a F***ing loon!

And arn't you suppose to be getting the man flu?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Jan 31, 2008 01:53:32 pm
      Pete Doherty IS a F***ing loon!

And arn't you suppose to be getting the man flu?

I feel a lot better after 'rocking it out of my system' ;)

And aren't you supposed to be posting some gigs you've been to?  :D
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #5: Jan 31, 2008 02:01:55 pm
      I think it was the first night , altho i cant really remember to tell the truth ....was it on a wednesday ? .....think i drunk too much that night !

Yer , Pete Doherty is a bit of a loon , but i reckon the papers target him a bit to be fair ..... and his music is boss !

The last time i went to see them , i met Pete after the gig and he was a proper nice feller........he's got some song called 'breck rd lover' and i was askin him about it and he said he used to live in Liverpool when he was a kid for a bit and he can remember playin footy in stanley park and running up and down the kop on a non-match day , haha

Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Jan 31, 2008 02:09:00 pm
      I think it was the first night , altho i cant really remember to tell the truth ....was it on a wednesday ? .....think i drunk too much that night !

Yer , Pete Doherty is a bit of a loon , but i reckon the papers target him a bit to be fair ..... and his music is boss !

The last time i went to see them , i met Pete after the gig and he was a proper nice feller........he's got some song called 'breck rd lover' and i was askin him about it and he said he used to live in Liverpool when he was a kid for a bit and he can remember playin footy in stanley park and running up and down the kop on a non-match day , haha

One for the scrap book then mate!

Yeah he is targetted a little bit too much.  So what if he has to get high before a gig... :D

Should of asked him on a scale of 1 - 10 how good is Kate Moss in bed?!  :lmao:
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #7: Jan 31, 2008 02:14:28 pm
       :lmao:

i kno yer !
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Jan 31, 2008 04:52:27 pm
      Hmm.
      I've seen Boyzone loads when I was younger and they were first out, going to see them again in June :D
      I saw Rod Stewart in July in the Mil Stad and he was brilliant!!
      I saw Pink last November (2006) and she was amazing, such a good show!!
      My first ever McFly concert, and my sister's 9th, was in December and that was brilliant too, although we struggled to breathe the whole time cos of being crushed!!
      Who else.. hmm.. Seen loads of people at the Tsunami Relief Concert in the Milennium Stadium in 2006 I think, including Kelly Jones (Stereophonics), Charlotte Church, Keane, Craig David, Feeder.. so many more I can't remember!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Jan 31, 2008 05:41:08 pm
      Haha, my mate went and saw the Monkeys on the same tour with the Horrors Court. He saw em at Brixton Astoria and the Horrors got booed off there too :D.

First gig was Sum 41 (don't judge me, I was about 10! ;)).

Best individual gig I've been to was Red Hot Chili Peppers in both Hyde Park and Earls Court. Hyde Park gig was amazing due to the the setting and the set was F***ing sickthat night. Earls Court was great as I was with my mate and we'd blagged our way into the gold ring and were extremely close to the front.

Overral though you can't beat Reading. Was my first time there last year, and it's one of the most amazing experiences ever. Hows this for an evening? Bloc Party kicking things off, moving onto some Arcade Fire with the sun setting, before two whole hours of a Chili's set. Amazing. Also saw the likes of the Maccabees, Jamie T, Klaxons, Maximo Park, Kings of Leon (one of the hardest pits to stand up in ever... That annoying crowd push went back and forth back and forth, and I was with one of my smallest friends. Me and my mate and to keep her from getting crushed!  :o). I'll be going back next year.

Though I tell ya, getting back home to use proper toilet facilities and showers is bliss. :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jan 31, 2008 06:32:46 pm
      I went to see Duran Duran in the MEN and they were brilliant live!! Didn't think they would be what with getting on a bit. But it was ace. The atmosphere was class as well. Although there wasn't many people below the age of 30.  :D Goldfrapp were the warm up for them and they were brilliant as well. Bit on the mad side though.

Went to see The Prodigy in the Royal Court in 1992. That was literally off it's cake. Brilliant night.

You can't beat going to a festival though. Lot's of musical choice and you don't have to go home.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jan 31, 2008 08:07:11 pm
      I've seen Duran Duran Kenny.....they were good, had my piccy took with John Taylor....

Also seen Queen, The Police, The Jam, Rod Stewart, Roxy Music, Robbie Williams, Spice Girls, S. Club 7, Gloria Estefan, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson & his brothers, A Flock of Seagulls, Echo and the Bunnymen, ABC,  Wham, Paul Young, Style Council,  Madness,   Blondie, Spandau Ballet, Japan, Robert Palmer, The Supremes, The Temptations and loads more that I can't remember now........

Would loved to have seen Madonna, think she's great.......
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #12: Jan 31, 2008 08:23:59 pm
      I have not been to a gig for a while now but me and the missus are going to see Boyzone in May @ the 02 (never been so looking forward to that)

Last gig we went to was Craig David at the Corn Exchange, Cambridge OMG that guy is amazing live he pretty much sang his entire back catalog Re-rewind, Fill me In, Seven Days, What's your Flava, Hidden Agenda etc etc. 

I was a expecting a decent show anyway but that guy rocks the garage scene seriously guys if you get the chance to go see him live go and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!  Also been to see Busted (;D) who were actually supported by McFly when they first started (hey cheap tickets are good) I remember me and the missus at the embankment in Peterborough singing along to teenage kicks ahh the memories are flooding back now........... cheers Court :D
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #13: Feb 01, 2008 11:33:52 am
      Saw "The POLICE" last Tuesday night, who were incidentally the first major band I ever saw way back in '83 on their Syncronicity tour.
      Have seen Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Guns & Roses, Nirvana, Dire Straits, George Thorogood, KISS, Van Halen,
      Cheap Trick, Good Charlotte, Eric Clapton, Doobie Brothers, Foo Fighters, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top....

and the list goes on....

The POLICE were ok last week, great sound and all, but seemed to just be going through the motions a bit, same show every night I guess...
      but wouldnt have missed them for anything.

Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #14: Feb 01, 2008 12:01:26 pm
      I'm going on a trip back to my secondary school days in the mid eighties to see Def Leppard and whitesnake in June, that only gives me 5 months to try and grow my hair again!!! Can't wait though, its a Friday night so quite a few beers will be sunk too! ;)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #15: Feb 01, 2008 09:18:59 pm
      Saw "The POLICE" last Tuesday night, who were incidentally the first major band I ever saw way back in '83 on

I was born in 83! :D good year that was :D
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #16: Feb 01, 2008 09:20:40 pm
      Some cracking stories here guys!  :D

Although I really envy Anfield Warrior because he's seen Guns N' Roses. You lucky sod ;)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #17: Feb 02, 2008 12:58:18 am
      Best gig I've ever been to... let me think!  ::)

1st concert - The Cult at Liverpool's Royal Court, 13th March 1987. Also Wembey Arena, 1989.

August 20, 1990           August 18, 1990             August 22, 1992

* IRON MAIDEN                 * Whitesnake                   * IRON MAIDEN
           * KISS                              * Aerosmith                     * Skid Row
           * David Lee Roth               * Poison                          * Thunder
           * Megadeth                       * Quireboys                     * Slayer
           * Guns N' Roses                * Thunder                        * W.A.S.P.
           * Helloween                                                             * The Almighty

Monsters of Rock was cancelled in 1989 because of the deaths of two fans caused by crushing during the Guns N' Roses performance in 1988.

Also saw Maiden in Manchester in '89,  Iron Maiden Day at the Ruskin Arms in East London, Dec 1st 2001. This is where the mighty Maiden played their 1st ever gig! I met the original singer and drummer!  ;) :action-smiley-035: Earls Court in '03 and Brixton 23/12/07.

Hawkwind at the Royal Court, Nov. 1989 Also twice more in '91 and '95.

So many others including The Stranglers, Big Country, Doctor and The Medics, Girlschool, Within Temptation, Dream Theater, Robert Plant with Jimmy Page (ex Led Zeppelin), The Mission, The Alarm, All About Eve, Paul Oakenfold at Clapham Common, dozens and dozens of bands at festivals and pubs ! - Bllah, blah blah! Far too many to remember but all excellent fun.
      Iron Maiden as they headlined the Monsters of Rock at Donnoington '88 is the winner!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Feb 02, 2008 10:45:23 am

Iron Maiden as they headlined the Monsters of Rock at Donnoington '88 is the winner!

I live about 15 minutes from Donington, Red.....and when the Rock Festival is on, you can almost feel the house shaking  :lmao:
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #19: Feb 02, 2008 01:26:15 pm
      The first gig I've been to was Richard Ashcroft in late 2001, it was savage! He's great live and the venue was nice and small...

The best gigs I've been to are Megadeth, The Darkness and Yoji Biomehanika! But the very best was Muse, unfuckingbelieveable!

There's a good few tickets I have to buy in the next few days as well... I reckon I've seen over 50 bands.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #20: Feb 02, 2008 01:39:29 pm

I live about 15 minutes from Donington, Red.....and when the Rock Festival is on, you can almost feel the house shaking  :lmao:

Pity Iron Maiden aren't headlining Donnington this year - I could have camped in your garden and looked after your Koi! But seeing as they are headlining at Twickenham in July do you fancy moving there and I could still carry out my duties as Chief Koi Carp camper!  ;) :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Feb 02, 2008 03:24:22 pm
      Pity Iron Maiden aren't headlining Donnington this year - I could have camped in your garden and looked after your Koi! But seeing as they are headlining at Twickenham in July do you fancy moving there and I could still carry out my duties as Chief Koi Carp camper!  ;) :D

I'll move my fish down south just for you Andy ;) you can make sure that heron keeps away then :lmao:
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #22: Feb 02, 2008 04:44:27 pm
      I've only been to one so far. It was Madina Lake, supported by My American Heart, Halifax, and Envy On The Coast.

I will be going to see Theaudition soon, supported by You Me At Six and Valencia.

Last but certainly not at all least.  30 SECONDS TO MARS  At Liverpool Mountford Hall

b***ard.

Quick Reply