Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Best Gigs You've Been To?

Read 8752 times
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: Best Gigs You've Been To?
      Reply #23: Feb 03, 2008 01:15:40 pm
      I believe Iron Maiden are doing a gig at Twickingham this year, not to sure when it is though.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #24: Feb 11, 2008 10:11:19 pm
      my best ever was our festival over here, oxegen, in 2006. had hard-fi, then arctic monkeys, then strokes next day franz ferdiand, then kaiser chiefs then red hot chili peppers! the weekend was mint!! there was loads of other acts but i was too busy getting up to some general lunacy!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Feb 12, 2008 02:22:52 pm
      Some brillliant stories here! :D I've just shot down to make a new cuppa, I might be here a while!.....

My first concert could possibly be one of the greatest I'll ever see! Foo Fighters at Hyde Park! And being such a lucky lad, before the main act I had Juliet and The Licks, Angels and Airwaves, Queens of The Stone Age and Motorhead! :D The Foo's were amazing! 90,000 people there, all going sick and witnessing the greatest rendition of Everlong ever performed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0UhVISTKek

After that, I had the ball rolling! (In a rough order) I then seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the MEN Arena, Manchester! Then there was The Killers at the Hallam Arena, Sheffield! Lostprophets at the MEN (with Taking Back Sunday supporting)! Razorlight, again, at the MEN Arena (We beat PSV 3-0 that night too! ;))

I then experienced Wembley Stadium, seeing Muse! Supporting, we had My Chemical Romance and Biffy Clyro! Amazing weekend! Full of tunes, lager and Jack Daniels! Stadium concerts are amazing too! ;)

I've also had the V Festival last year where I seen The Killers and the Foo Fighters again (Twice on the Sunday, an acoustic set in the afternoon and a heavy rock set in the night to the main crowd! ;)) The was also The Goo Goo Dolls, The Fratellis, Kasabian, KT Tunstall, James, The Editors, James Morrison and by far one of the greatest sets by Snow Patrol! Even Pink done well too! :D There was also The Hoosiers, Jet, The Fray and The Wombats!

After the V Festival, I went to see The Hoosiers again at the Barfly in Liverpool! (Sneaked in the back gate 'cos we know one of the bouncers! ;)) I got back into the fever again after a month out and booked Stereophonics at the MEN Arena (life long ambition to see them!) I ended up seeing them again for free in the Birmingham NEC Arena in the same week as my mate got two tickets and drove us down there! ;) And I seen the Foo Fighters again in the MEN Arena at their first European gig of their tour! I've also booked the last European tour gig at Wembley Stadium in June, so we're going down for the whole weekend and having a rather large piss up! ;)

But before that, I have managed to fulfill another life ambition and book to see Bruce Springsteen at Old Trafford! Shame about the venue mind, but still! ;) Can't beat a bit of the Boss! 8)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #26: Feb 26, 2008 12:20:36 am
      Live @ The Forum, Kentish Town, NW1
      Friday 22nd February 2008

After a busy week at work I was really looking forward to seeing one of my favorite rock bands from the '80s! I jumped on the tram and headed into Croydon before changing at London Bridge for the tube on the Northern Line  to Kentish Town. Having never been to The Forum before I was not sure what to expect but was happy to see a big standing area by the stage as I got in. The que for the bar was unreal, 10/15 mins, 4 people deep and only 5 bar staff, terrible!  :f_steam: Crowd capacity was 2000 but I got a good spot right near the front and took a few pictures too!

The entire set list in no particular order was:

Sun King, The Witch, Fire Woman, Electric Ocean, Edie (Ciao Baby), Wild Flower, Lil' Devil, Revolution, Rain, Peace Dog, Rise, Dirty Little Rock Star, Born Into This, Love Removal Machine, She Sells Sanctuary and
      Phoenix... WOW! I waited 21 years to hear that live and it was awesome!  :action-smiley-035:

I was bouncing about all night, singing all the words and having a crazy time in the mosh pit, also taking a few pictures before my battery went flat! It was like being 17 all over again and I loved every second of it! After the show I hung around at the bar, drinking lots of water and Pepsi, it was bloody hot but so much fun! I saw a few lads who had been near me and we had a quick chat. Suddenly a girl one of them knew said "Follow me!" so we did. She was with someone else who claimed they knew the band and so after a bit of hassle with security we managed to blag our way into the VIP backstage bar! I bought a drink then spotted the bass player and we had a chat, he was chilled and and told me about the trip over from Los Angeles. I then bought the rythym guitarist a beer and it turned out too he is a long distance runner so we had a good natter and exchanged email addresses! I met the drummer in the bog while we were both having a slash and finally I got to meet Billy Duffy himself.

Billy Duffy's guitar work was quite unique in the mid 80's and set him apart from mainstream guitarists, to hear Phoenix live was just one of the nights' many highlights. I spent about 5 minutes with him and told him of a friend I have in North Wales who knows him through Mike Peters from The Alarm. It was weird to meet him face to face but even in a VIP bar he was the same as you or me - except for the fact he has recorded 10 or more albums and sold millions of records all over the world! Nice bloke. I was only able to shake the hand of the lead singer, Ian Astbury - he was preoccupied to the point of leaving within minutes of arriving.  It absolutely made my night to meet the people who created the music that changed my way of thinking about music 21 years ago.

If that wasn't enough I found out through the grapevine that they are playing an unadvertised gig at the 100 Club on Oxford Street in London. I wasn't planning to see them again and after meeting them I thought what could top that?! I went on Ticketmaster.... nothing! Other sites... still nothing! I tried Ebay and  ;D! 2 tickets for £75. I emailed the seller who then left me his mobile number.

My question was: "Can you 100% garruntee I will have the tickets for Tuesday if I bid?"

"100%, I'll go to an internet cafe when I get off the train at London Paddington, close the auction, do a Buy It Now and the tickets are yours!" And he did, tickets will arrive recorded delivery tomorrow!

Best gigs I've been to? Probably... Let you know after tomorrow night! ;)

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2008 12:39:58 am by RED1028 »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Feb 26, 2008 11:14:15 am
      So made up for you Andy.........sounds like you had a wicked night, and another one to come by the sounds of it ;)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #28: Feb 26, 2008 12:14:08 pm
      The Cult are great Live, I saw them in '91 when they supported Guns 'n' Roses at the Milton Keynes Bowl! That was a great show!

Saturday night after the 'Boro game I went to see The Jamm! (official Jam tribute band!) They were on at the Pacific Road in Birkenhead. They were great, loads of energy and I'd recommend them to any one who loved the originals!! They play the Cavern on 10th May so I'll be getting my Ben Sherman (Carnaby cut of course) out for that one too!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Feb 26, 2008 04:52:09 pm
      The Cult are great Live, I saw them in '91 when they supported Guns 'n' Roses at the Milton Keynes Bowl! That was a great show!

Saturday night after the 'Boro game I went to see The Jamm! (official Jam tribute band!) They were on at the Pacific Road in Birkenhead. They were great, loads of energy and I'd recommend them to any one who loved the originals!! They play the Cavern on 10th May so I'll be getting my Ben Sherman (Carnaby cut of course) out for that one too!

Nice one Crazy Horse...........I went to see the Original Jam. they were superb, did some great songs, Down in the tube station at midnight, David Watts, Start, Funeral Pyre, Town called Malice, In the city, brilliant used to love Paul Weller, bet you enjoyed re-living them songs, I've got all their albums. Hope you had a good time.

I'm getting all nostalgic now. :laugh:
      slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 26, 2008 07:35:21 pm
      The best gig in saw was the clash in 1980 the london calling tour in leeds
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #31: Feb 27, 2008 12:23:24 am
      The Cult at the 100 Club  ;) Oh yes! Just got back and it was amazing.... to be continued!  ;)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #32: Mar 30, 2008 06:09:58 pm
      Jean Michel Jarre live at the Royal Albert Hall
      Sunday, 30 March, 2008

Electronic pioneer brings seminal album 'Oxygene' to the Royal Albert Hall.

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of his seminal album, 'Oxygène', Jean Michel Jarre will perform the entire masterpiece at the Royal Albert Hall. With the help of three musicians and using the original iconic instruments including more than fifty legendary analogue synthesizers, this will be a spectacular event in a comparatively intimate setting.

Jarre usually performs to millions with spectacular outdoor shows and at historic locations around the world, from the Acropolis to the Forbidden City. The Royal Albert Hall will truly be a unique experience.

As Jarre says: 'I've composed Oxygène on extraordinary instruments, part of electronic music mythology as Stradivarius was for classical music or Fender Telecaster was for rock music. I wanted the public to discover those and I am so excited about performing for the fans in London'.

In 1977 Jean Michel Jarre achieved worldwide fame with an album that seduced both music fans and critics across the globe. Oxygène was not only a timeless masterpiece, but its visionary cover image focussed attention on global environmental problems, long before the environment became a mainstream issue. 'To me', Jarre says, 'Oxygène has always been related to the environment: the whole atmosphere, I imagined a scene reflecting this feeling.'

2 tickets for £80 off Ebay - fantastic! I've always appreciated electronic music and who better to see than a pioneer of the genre and at the Albert Hall ;) Gotta dash ;) :f_run:
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Mar 30, 2008 06:26:35 pm
      Enjoy yourself Andy mate.  No doubt you'll post a full scaled report on here ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #34: Mar 30, 2008 09:19:15 pm
      Hope you have a great time Andy..... Will look forward to hearing about the concert  ;D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #35: Apr 01, 2008 11:12:50 am
      I've only been to Robbie Williams in Melbourne 07?
      It was AWESOME! sneaky sound system were support and they were good, they were up and coming at the time in Oz, but it was a sweet gig,
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #36: Oct 30, 2009 12:33:30 am
      I'm off to Green Day tomorrow, at Manchester MEN, I'm soo F***ing excited.

Going to be up early, getting in that queue as soon as to get a good spot!  I have no idea what I'm going to do with the masses of time I'll have on my hands.
      Rood
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 334 posts |
      Reply #37: Oct 30, 2009 07:43:37 am
      November 25th 1991, Nirvana at the Paradiso here in Amsterdam. I get goosebumps just thinking about it again.

The whole thing is on youtube for anyone's that interested: this is part one, the other parts are in the description @ youtube.
      nirvana - paradiso amsterdam pt. 1
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #38: Oct 30, 2009 01:01:33 pm
      Anyone seen the Cancer Bats, they where in Liverpool on the 24th of October at the Masque, If you like heavy rock , you'll love these.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #39: Oct 30, 2009 01:07:27 pm
      Ryan.

No wait he was shithouse.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: Oct 31, 2009 02:19:28 am
      Just got back from Green Day.  I'm F***ing goosed.  I'll sort out my pictures tomorrow, easily have become my favourite band!

What a day, what a night.  What a F***ing gig, I'm speechless.  

A little lad was pulled on to the stage, & Billy Joe asked the little fella his name, and he then asked him where he was from, next minute the little lad goes 'Lidderpool', the whole crowd starts a boo (cos I was in the MEN) then it fell silent, and then me and my mate briefly started singing the main chorus to the Torres tune!  :D

Absolutely boss.  The Mancs in the arena could say F**k all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Oct 31, 2009 02:30:29 am
      Nickelback and Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper were all frigging amazing.

The Alice Cooper one probably more so because towards the end he got hung. Think that's awesome how he does that in the show, sometimes he has his head look as though it's been cut off.

Quick Reply