Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Share Liverpool FC

Read 44922 times
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Re: Share Liverpool FC
      Reply #92: Jul 27, 2009 12:59:57 am
      We should elect a board of directors and that's all. Direct Democracy will never work for a football club; imagine: "vote on who we buy this season: 1) silva 2)villa 3)crouch." I think we should just decide yearly who the leader is for next year, and let it roll. And make Liverpool the first club to make the team manager a board of directors members, so we can vote for him to stay or leave. I think the collaborative view of Liverpool fans will be better than any expert's. I've seen great knowledge on forums and I know my fellow scousers, or any fan willing to dish out hard earned money for their club are KOPly educated enough to know what's best. Yanks Out.. the only way to never walking alone..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #93: Jul 27, 2009 01:29:49 pm
      We should elect a board of directors and that's all.

Kind of exactly how a plc works then?

And that is the model we should be aiming for - with Liverpool supporters given first option on purchasing shares in the club.
      scottish lfc fan
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | -4 
      Reply #94: Jul 27, 2009 01:49:12 pm
      It sounds good are you putting your self for it SAINTLIVERPUDLIAN ;D sounds good
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #95: Jul 28, 2009 03:05:12 pm
      Kind of exactly how a plc works then?

And that is the model we should be aiming for - with Liverpool supporters given first option on purchasing shares in the club.

Like it but how would you prove you're a Liverpool supporter, not just you but anybody, I thought it was limited to one share per person anyway so should be safe.
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #96: Aug 07, 2009 12:33:45 pm
      UEFA Support Fan Ownership at Liverpool FC

At the European Football Fans Congress held in Hamburg recently, 350 fan groups across 29 countries gathered. ShareLiverpoolFC was amongst them. There were also senior administrators from UEFA present; including, William Gaillard, the former Head of Communications who has recently been promoted to the position of ‘Advisor to the UEFA President’.

At the Congress, William Gaillard told the ShareLiverpoolFC representative:

‘UEFA is in favour of any movement to increase fan ownership and representation in football. Liverpool is no exception.’

He also advised those at the Congress that fan organizations, ‘must be structured and organised in a democratic way.’ As you know, we are - and we’re ready for the challenge.

The event provided an opportunity to network with other fans’ groups and supporters’ trusts who are experienced in club ownership. We took the opportunity to examine best practice and take advice from those who have already become part of their club’s governance and ownership structures.

The most important message is one of optimism.

It is clear that democratic fan ownership can work and does work, even for some of the biggest European clubs. It isn’t just the ‘right thing’ for our Club to be owned by its fans; there is also a strong business argument to be made in the current climate that member-owned institutions are both successful and sustainable over the long term.

UEFA’s Head of Professional Football Services, Alex Phillips, echoed the views of UEFA president, Michel Platini:

‘In many ways the best example is the one in Germany, or of some Spanish clubs, where the clubs are owned by the fans and so cannot be just bought and sold.’

The time may come when football clubs will not have any choice. UEFA’s forthcoming changes to the club licensing system, designed to enforce ‘financial fair play’, are still being developed, but it is likely that financially irresponsible or unsound clubs will not be allowed to continue to participate in UEFA competitions. And that means clubs carrying unsustainable debts. Even more important, then, that ShareLiverpoolFC’s revised business plan is considered carefully as an alternative structure of ownership and a much firmer base for providing a long term solution to our debt problem.

The more registrants we have, the more powerful our negotiating position will be. So please encourage your friends to register their support and keep passing on the word.

And if you haven’t been back to the website recently, please visit the ‘Register Your Interest’ page; fill in the questionnaire and indicate your commitment.

You can do that right now, if you click here.

ShareLiverpoolFC

PS The Fans Congress organisers, Football Supporters International, is a totally independent organisation and provides a forum for fan groups across Europe to share experiences and best practices in the structures and governance of their football clubs.

For more about the conference see www.footballsupportersinternational.com.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009 02:03:47 pm by YorkshireRed »
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #97: Aug 15, 2009 08:08:13 am
      could not have afforded 5000 pound but 500 is doable
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #98: Feb 02, 2010 06:04:09 pm
      DEBT
      Hello and a belated happy new year to everyone from SLFC.

Not such a happy new year if you happen to support a premier league club owned by Americans (unless it's Aston Villa). Yes even Manchester United, the "richest club in the world" has financial problems if they are owned by people who want to "turn a profit by leveraging the brand" rather than support a football team. After a few years building up their debt to keep the pretence of investing in the team to keep winning things, the chickens are on their way home to roost.

It's not often we agree with our old foes down the East Lancs Road, but we're all agreed that we'd like our particular Yanks to stop using our football clubs to turn a buck (or several hundred million if you happen to be greedy).

Now even the Prime Minister agrees: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/25/premier-league-debt-gordon-brown

The problem is, even when we have a sympathetic government, they won't legislate to force clubs to operate in the realms of normality (that is, in the interests of the team, the community, with rights for their fans). Of course, we do have a general election coming, so you may wish to ask any prospective candidates after your vote exactly what they intend to do about it. We don't need sympathy, we need action, before our national sport is ruined forever.

For our part, we have been quietly engaging the club management at Anfield in their search for investment - sorely needed given the current state of the first team. As ever, though we have thousands of you committed to investment through ShareLiverpoolFC, we have no actual money to show which makes it very difficult to gain the confidence required for serious discussions. We are currently looking at ways in which we might be able change that, including a 'halfway house' deposit scheme that would enable you to demonstrate your commitment by putting money in a designated account, but allowing you retain control of that money until a deal you can support is done. We are also keen to talk to some of those currently interested in investing in LFC to see if we could partner up with them.

We'll keep you informed how things progress. We remain committed to fan involvement in the ownership of the club.

YNWA.
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #99: Mar 22, 2010 08:54:37 pm
      Everyone should sign up - we need some movement on this http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk/index.php/home
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #100: Mar 23, 2010 12:08:53 am
      I registered interest then.

I'd love this to happen. Any idea how if it's anywhere near possible to happening any time soon?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #101: Apr 17, 2010 01:38:37 am
      Bump.Any Intrest in investing ? I think the time is now or never IMO
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #102: Apr 17, 2010 08:16:39 am
      Bump.Any Intrest in investing ? I think the time is now or never IMO

I reckon half of this forum is registered already mate, as it states on the bottom of that statement, we are awaiting communication from ShareLiverpool on the next move.

Quick Reply