Trending Topics

Share Liverpool FC

Read 45059 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Share Liverpool FC
      Reply #23: Jan 31, 2008 09:41:18 pm
      First impressions often last... and my first impressions? Shambolic / Improvised.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #24: Jan 31, 2008 09:49:55 pm
      It probably does if the company is completely incapable of providing a decent service.

Ntlworld comes to mind!
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 31, 2008 09:50:27 pm
      My first impressions-Ambitious,maybe a little more than they can handle.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Jan 31, 2008 09:54:40 pm
      Something like this was probably never going to run smoothly. If anything it shows millions of people really care. The notion is without a doubt a brilliant one. Thankfully it is only a technical hitch at this point. Sure it will be sorted soon.
      crabbers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2008 01:43:04 am
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2008 10:26:18 am
      As an international barometer... our Madrid branch members has shown a lot of interest in investing, people discussing joint/split shares, etc...

A lot of sentiment towards LFC having to become a FANS OWNED club.

http://www.liverpool-madrid.blogspot.com/

If it's representative of the feeling ww then we will get those 100k investors... no prob... surely we must ensure these people have fancards and are genuine fans... is that discussed? I don't know, because I couldn't get on the site...

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2008 12:02:18 pm
      There is so much hype around this but can anyone see the Americans selling to anyone because i really cant. Wish they would but just cant see it happening.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2008 12:05:33 pm
      I wonder, if they will take any type of money, i don't think i could raise £5,000, with the income i'm on, i'm only part-time. But maybe a few of us could put some money in to make the £5,000 up. I would do it, i would want nothing ever again, if i had a share in the club of my dreams. I can't imagine how amazing it would be!

YNWA

Matt
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2008 02:07:23 pm
      well 100'000 Liverpool fans with a spare 5k ? I'm just wondering how many people out there have that much spare money let alone one set of fans...
      eoinjos
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2008 02:29:01 pm
      Hi only new to this but i would give any amount to liverpool fc if i had the money. But i would come up with the money for us supporters to buy the club.. Liverpool will get out of this whole there in and show the rest that were still the best.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2008 02:36:59 pm
      If this goes ahead and 100 thousand people cough up 5 grand each and we buy the club what happens if all 100 thousand demand match tickets? Who gets told no you cant have one? 
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2008 03:45:56 pm
      Sounds like a fantasy to me,what would happen if the fans did buy the yanks out how would they go about getting money to buy new players etc.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2008 03:49:09 pm
      Try this link from the home page. It explains a bit more about the scheme and how it works!!!

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2008/share-liverpool-fc-plans-launched/
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2008 03:56:00 pm
      Had a read thru it there. Can see the valid points but can also see the bad point for example if we qualify for the champions league final as a shareholder of the club wheres my ticket? A raffle you say, no im not having that I want my ticket I put good money in to the club. 100 thousand shareholders looking for 13 thousand tickets or something it would be chaos   
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2008 04:07:51 pm
      All you are paying for is a "piece" of the club, that enables you to elect the president and the board and run the club as we want it to be run. Fans will all still have to pay for season tickets etc as usual because that will be the running capital that the club needs to keep ticking over.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2008 04:55:37 pm
      Good idea! I liked it too, though I talked to people who are not so keen on that idea.
      Was any British club owned by fans ever?
      So if it will happen we will be the first!
       As for me,It's a kind of revolution in English system of football.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2008 05:27:52 pm
      Good idea! I liked it too, though I talked to people who are not so keen on that idea.
      Was any British club owned by fans ever?
      So if it will happen we will be the first!
       As for me,It's a kind of revolution in English system of football.

Alessio

Plenty of clubs in England are fans owned but not at the highest level, because the greedy owners have never allowed them to "get in"... there are a few plc's but that is just an instrument makes the majority shareowners - richer.

I live in Spain... and I can see the other side of the coin when it comes to MEGA BIG clubs being Fans owned.

Real Madrid and Barcelona fan bases aren't united anymore... (internally I mean!) - the politics at Chairman elections time is terrible, the tribal behaviour within both fan bases is pretty bad... but both did not come from American Pirate ownership... so in our case, the politics, etc - will be the less of both evils.

graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2008 05:30:56 pm
      Got on the link, yes yes yes

I hope it come off.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #41: Feb 01, 2008 05:34:00 pm
      We've registered volunteer accountants and financial experts in the Madrid branch (expat scousers who live in town).

This is really causing a storm within the fan base... here it's not unsual to buy into a club as I've mentioned above - but we all fully expect those GBP 5K slices to be further sliced to bring in further fans... but anything over 100k fans/share holders will be an interesting one to manage - neither Barcelona or Madrid has more than that number - in fact both clubs have less...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2008 06:00:39 pm
      It would be a foolish owner who refused to sell out to their loyal customers wouldn't it?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #43: Feb 01, 2008 06:10:29 pm
      It would be a foolish owner who refused to sell out to their loyal customers wouldn't it?

Swap "foolish" for "american greedy"
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #44: Feb 01, 2008 07:11:37 pm
      Had a read thru it there. Can see the valid points but can also see the bad point for example if we qualify for the champions league final as a shareholder of the club wheres my ticket? A raffle you say, no im not having that I want my ticket I put good money in to the club. 100 thousand shareholders looking for 13 thousand tickets or something it would be chaos  
      Brian I agree tickets for any match will be a problem,also what happens with people who currently hold season tickets,would they become null and void.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #45: Feb 01, 2008 07:16:00 pm

Brian I agree tickets for any match will be a problem,also what happens with people who currently hold season tickets,would they become null and void.

Tickets for matches would be a problem agreed - if Real Madrid or Barca is an example to go by - they need to apply for them each time, even season ticket holders. If they don't apply by a certain time, the ticket goes on general sale.

Quick Reply