Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Tennis

Read 176933 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Tennis
      Reply #1472: Jul 02, 2016 05:06:54 pm
      OH MY F***ing GOD! Novak is OUT! Big serving Querry has dumped him out! That is the biggest shock I can recall for a long long long time! A match that was not high on quality, to say Novak's form today was a surprise would be an understatement. He was terrible!
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1473: Jul 02, 2016 05:07:41 pm
      Djokovic lost to Querry. Pretty awful performance by Djoker.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1474: Jul 02, 2016 05:14:29 pm
      Djokovic lost to Querry. Pretty awful performance by Djoker.

Can't ever remember a poorer performance from Djokovic or a world number 1 for that matter.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1475: Jul 02, 2016 05:24:02 pm
      Murray in a real battle with Millman in this second set. The ball seems to be leaving each others rackets at air speed records! Furious stuff!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1476: Jul 02, 2016 05:30:57 pm
      Murray in a real battle with Millman in this second set. The ball seems to be leaving each others rackets at air speed records! Furious stuff!

Come on Aussie!

And Novak :lmao: wtf was that? Hoping that opens the door for someone like a Nishikori to win it. Someone young, fresh and different. Hell, even Kyrgios :D
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1477: Jul 02, 2016 05:39:48 pm
      And Novak :lmao: wtf was that? Hoping that opens the door for someone like a Nishikori to win it. Someone young, fresh and different. Hell, even Kyrgios :D

I'll root for Delpo now. What a comeback that would be.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1478: Jul 02, 2016 05:47:37 pm

That would be immense. Loved his win over Wawrinka.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1479: Jul 02, 2016 05:49:23 pm

It's happened before - remember Goran Ivanisevic in 2001 (remember it too well - Henman up 2 sets to 1 after winning the third set 6-0...then the rain came :( ). What a final that Rafter v Ivanisevic match was though. Held on a Monday as well if I recall. With the amount of rain so far at this years tournament I wouldn't rule out a Monday final!

Come on Aussie!

The depth of talent Australian tennis has had has been fantastic. Love to see Kyrgios do the business at some point. One hell of a player that guy.

This Millman guy is one hell of a battler as well and has gone toe to toe with Murray for a lot of the match but it seems that Murray has broken him. Scoreboard probably a bit harsh on him and surprised he's ranked so low. Liverpool supporter as well!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1480: Jul 02, 2016 05:55:40 pm
      Millman is a top class guy. Extremely tough but shows nothing but respect on the court.

Last year his opponent collapsed from heat and he went over with tablets offering them to him and making sure he was ok.

Kyrgios is the polar opposite but has talent for days. I want Aussie tennis to be what it once was with Philippousis, Rafter and Hewitt etc. We have a few now that could hit those heights.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1481: Jul 02, 2016 06:03:34 pm
      The draw is open now. Nice opportunity for Murray to start Lendl reunion with a slam trophy. Fed looks sharp too. He hasn’t been tested properly yet, but everything is possible now. If he win his 18th slam at the age of 34 it would be great achievement.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,028 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1482: Jul 02, 2016 06:28:15 pm
      Wow!!  the shock surprises in sport continue. Murry will now be favourite to win Wimbledon. BBC Sports personality of the year beckons if he wins???
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1483: Jul 02, 2016 07:01:19 pm
      Wow!!  the shock surprises in sport continue. Murry will now be favourite to win Wimbledon. BBC Sports personality of the year beckons if he wins???

Hopefully both will happen! Never known a sportsman so cherished or cared for in this country. I think that 2012 Wimbledon loss to Federer really made us open our hearts to him after a good few years where a lot weren't sure about him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #1484: Jul 02, 2016 09:42:22 pm
      Now if only someone can knock Federer out as well Murray could be in.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1485: Jul 02, 2016 09:45:52 pm
      Now if only someone can knock Federer out as well Murray could be in.

Murray should be able to beat Federer these days.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1486: Jul 02, 2016 11:50:44 pm
      Murray should be able to beat Federer these days.

Federer is still capable of the sublime. His victory over Murray in the semi finals last year was unbelievable. Maybe the best Federer performance I'd ever seen! But we're well overdue the time Murray does the business over Federer at Wimbledon!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1487: Jul 03, 2016 12:12:28 am
      Pouille vs Del Potro looked a really good, tight match earlier when I caught glimpses. Pouille was leading 6-7, 7-6, 7-5 before they finished for the evening.

I know all of the focus has been on the singles but it's great to see so many Brits in the doubles, a few have been knocked out but we have some strong players still in (specifically the males): Skupski brothers, Murray & Soares, Robson & Inglot, Inglot & Nestor [CAN], Marray & Shamashdin [CAN].

Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1488: Jul 03, 2016 09:11:28 am
      Pouille vs Del Potro looked a really good, tight match earlier when I caught glimpses. Pouille was leading 6-7, 7-6, 7-5 before they finished for the evening.

It seemed that Delpo and Pouille had an argument before game suspension. Do you know whats happened?
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2016 10:15:28 am by Red John »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1489: Jul 03, 2016 10:26:10 am
      It seemed that Delpo and Pouille had an argument before game suspension. Do you know whats happened?

Basically, Del Potro hit a shot that was heading towards the baseline, Pouille held his hand up to say it was out, Del Potro challenged the call and the ball was shown to have hit the baseline. Del Potro gave Pouille a dirty look and Pouille responded verbally (he got a warning). Del Potro then told him to shut up and Pouille decided to cry to the umpire.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1490: Jul 03, 2016 10:27:31 am
      Basically, Del Potro hit a shot that was heading towards the baseline, Pouille held his hand up to say it was out, Del Potro challenged the call and the ball was shown to have hit the baseline. Del Potro gave Pouille a dirty look and Pouille responded verbally (he got a warning). Del Potro then told him to shut up and Pouille decided to cry to the umpire.

Thanks mate!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1491: Jul 03, 2016 11:10:28 am
      Hopefully Murray will go out too, can't stand him!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1492: Jul 03, 2016 11:17:04 am
      Hopefully Murray will go out too, can't stand him!

How come?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1493: Jul 03, 2016 12:45:49 pm

Just don't, never have done. Think his attitude early on in his career has just kind of stuck really. Scottish when he wins, British when he loses mentality IMO.
      Not taking anything away from him, he's certainly a lot better than the likes of Tim Henman and he's sustained his level but yeah, I'd much rather see him lose than win.

Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1494: Jul 03, 2016 02:29:38 pm
      So, Delpo is out too. :(

Quick Reply