Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tennis

Read 175138 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Tennis
      Reply #1955: Jan 05, 2022 07:33:55 am
      Haven't been following this closely but seems very fishy that Novak has been allowed to compete in the Australian Open with an exemption.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1956: Jan 05, 2022 05:58:25 pm
      Haven't been following this closely but seems very fishy that Novak has been allowed to compete in the Australian Open with an exemption.

$$$

He doesn't compete and they will no doubt lose a lot of money from spectators and sponsors, especially over something that isn't injury related.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1957: Jan 05, 2022 06:04:14 pm
      $$$

He doesn't compete and they will no doubt lose a lot of money from spectators and sponsors, especially over something that isn't injury related.

Yep.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1958: Jan 06, 2022 12:02:15 am

He flew into Melbourne this morning but his Entourage weren't exempt so it's gone thru to The Australian High Govt for assessment and they have declined their entry, just heard this half an hour ago...Novak might be on his way back home!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1959: Jan 06, 2022 09:22:30 am
      He flew into Melbourne this morning but his Entourage weren't exempt so it's gone thru to The Australian High Govt for assessment and they have declined their entry, just heard this half an hour ago...Novak might be on his way back home!!!

Really interesting events occurring, can’t wait for the official outcome  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1960: Jan 06, 2022 10:29:15 am
      Rules are Rules but we seem to be getting an awful lot of them these days its hard to keep up
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1962: Jan 10, 2022 02:19:55 pm
      Farcical stuff and it looks like he'll be allowed to compete after all.

Interesting that he was spotted handing out awards and doing photoshoots the day after he supposedly tested positive. Either he's made up his positive test or he was putting tonnes of people at unnecessary risk. Not a good look either way.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1963: Jan 10, 2022 02:51:05 pm
      Farcical stuff and it looks like he'll be allowed to compete after all.

Interesting that he was spotted handing out awards and doing photoshoots the day after he supposedly tested positive. Either he's made up his positive test or he was putting tonnes of people at unnecessary risk. Not a good look either way.

Something stinks, as usual one rule for us and another for the superstars
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1964: Jan 10, 2022 06:39:41 pm
      He should tell them to stick their tournament and their sh*t-hole country up their f***in holes
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1965: Jan 10, 2022 09:51:30 pm
      He should tell them to stick their tournament and their sh*t-hole country up their f***in holes

Or better yet, he could just f**k off...

First of all, that was a very unnecessary jab (get it?) at a whole country.
      Second, you may not agree with it, but there are rules in place. He didn't respect those rules and therefore should be punished. But it's yet another example of the rich and famous getting away with something the "average" people would not.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1966: Jan 10, 2022 10:13:02 pm
      Something stinks, as usual one rule for us and another for the superstars

It's actually sickening.

He's come out of this very badly, at least for me, as he has acted as if he is above the law just because of who he is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1967: Jan 10, 2022 10:17:59 pm
      Let’s be honest, there was never any doubt, he was always going to get his own way because of who he is. If it was some unknown player just coming through the ranks or a general run of the mill player that nobody really knows, it would likely have been a different story.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1968: Jan 10, 2022 10:18:35 pm
      It's actually sickening.

He's come out of this very badly, at least for me, as he has acted as if he is above the law just because of who he is.

Nearly as bad as his parents and their ridiculous outbursts
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1969: Jan 10, 2022 10:20:17 pm
      Or better yet, he could just f**k off...

First of all, that was a very unnecessary jab (get it?) at a whole country.
      Second, you may not agree with it, but there are rules in place. He didn't respect those rules and therefore should be punished. But it's yet another example of the rich and famous getting away with something the "average" people would not.

Nah, Australia have embarrassed themselves big time. What a complete mess. How they’ve treated a super fit professional tennis player is absolutely ridiculous. I hope he wins it now! Come on Novak
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1970: Jan 10, 2022 10:24:51 pm
      Nah, Australia have embarrassed themselves big time. What a complete mess. How they’ve treated a super fit professional tennis player is absolutely ridiculous. I hope he wins it now! Come on Novak

Yea let's bow down and celebrate those who think they are better than everyone else just because they're famous.

I still hope he gets sent away.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1971: Jan 10, 2022 10:25:04 pm
      [quote author =srslfc link=topic=6311.msg2439571#msg2439571 date=1641852782]
      It's actually sickening.

[/quote]

Will be very very interesting how the fans react when he comes out on court, me fink it won’t go well.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1972: Jan 10, 2022 10:26:35 pm
      Will be very very interesting how the fans react when he comes out on court, me fink it won’t go well.  ;D

I hope so. I'm not a fan of booing but on this occasion I'll make an exception.

I love sport and admire many of the greats Keith bit when they act like this and pretend they are some sort of special case it's not for me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1973: Jan 10, 2022 10:45:32 pm

I’m vaccinated but I don’t care at all if someone else is, it’s their choice what goes into their body.

Djokovic has thoroughly embarrassed the government of Australia. He has shone a light on the human rights atrocities being committed right now in that country and all over the world.

For me he took on the system and won, playing the Open in front of a regime that hates him, in complete defiance of the police state that rules that country.

For me it’s epic in every way.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1974: Jan 10, 2022 10:51:47 pm
      I haven’t followed this case too closely, but if he was granted the exemption why was it only an issue once he arrived?

The whole world knew he was arriving and he had the exemption so why wasn’t whatever the issue picked up before he arrives? Just smacks of the government trying to politicise the issue in my opinion and score some easy points.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1975: Jan 11, 2022 02:56:45 pm
      It's actually sickening.

He's a complete anti-vaxxer, but played the PR game well to the point a lot of non serbian fans backing him.

I’m vaccinated but I don’t care at all if someone else is, it’s their choice what goes into their body.

Djokovic has thoroughly embarrassed the government of Australia. He has shone a light on the human rights atrocities being committed right now in that country and all over the world.

For me he took on the system and won, playing the Open in front of a regime that hates him, in complete defiance of the police state that rules that country.

For me it’s epic in every way.

Or a bit like our own shithouse of a PM, using things like this to cover up the multitude of other shitty corrupt things they are doing that they don't want the media covering.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1976: Jan 12, 2022 08:43:26 pm
      Apologies for the language, but what a c**t...

"Novak Djokovic admits breaking isolation while Covid positive"
      https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59935127
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1977: Jan 13, 2022 03:54:18 pm
      I've had my suspicions and distrust on Djokovic for a while now, especially since he came out a few years back saying in very Lance Armstrong language 'as long as there's no proof, the sport is clean'.

The guy's a wrong un

Quick Reply