Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tennis

Read 175083 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Re: Tennis
      Reply #2047: Jul 02, 2022 09:26:40 pm
      Kyrgios is the anti hero that tennis needs in a sport that threatens to be ruled by the sly and devious Tsitsipas and that scumbag Zverev. Give me Nick bitching at the umpire and himself everyday compared to his opponent who aims and strikes balls into the crowd.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2048: Jul 02, 2022 09:29:51 pm
      Kyrgios is the anti hero that tennis needs in a sport that threatens to be ruled by the sly and devious Tsitsipas and that scumbag Zverev.

The BBC commentators absolutely hated the fact Kyrgios won didn't they :lmao: Barely a mention of the fact Tsitisipas should have been defaulted early in.

Got to admit I have a soft spot for him. Plays fast, always looking for the big shots. Yeah there's a lot of baggage but every sport needs characters like him.

Would have won many slams had he had the temperament to match his natural ability.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2049: Jul 02, 2022 09:33:05 pm
      Kyrgios is the anti hero that tennis needs in a sport that threatens to be ruled by the sly and devious Tsitsipas and that scumbag Zverev. Give me Nick bitching at the umpire and himself everyday compared to his opponent who aims and strikes balls into the crowd.

100%

Imagine if Nick slammed that ball into the crowd.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2050: Jul 02, 2022 10:05:58 pm
      Not sure what side of the fence I'm on with Kyrgios.  I don't think the expletives and bullying of the refs is an example I want my kids to see. I wouldn't be impressed if they were talking to their football refs that way.

But the underarm serves etc I'm into all that!

He's a good player but he needs the drama to play his best. Some points he just throws/can't be arsed and thats why hes not in the world class group.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2051: Jul 02, 2022 10:13:02 pm
      Not sure what side of the fence I'm on with Kyrgios.  I don't think the expletives and bullying of the refs is an example I want my kids to see. I wouldn't be impressed if they were talking to their football refs that way.

But the underarm serves etc I'm into all that!

He's a good player but he needs the drama to play his best. Some points he just throws/can't be arsed and thats why hes not in the world class group.

This all day long, I've never liked Kyrgios, in fact I think he's an absolute disgrace, there's no doubting his ability when he can be bothered but he spoils it for me with his antics.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2052: Jul 02, 2022 10:28:45 pm
      Tennis with footie antics - basically boorish behaviour

Hmm.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2053: Jul 03, 2022 01:07:04 am
      This all day long, I've never liked Kyrgios, in fact I think he's an absolute disgrace, there's no doubting his ability when he can be bothered but he spoils it for me with his antics.

This is spot on!

Want him to do so well as an Aussie with obvious talent but his BS just keeps getting in the way and is an embarrassment to the Tour and us Aussies. Well that's how I feel anyway.

He's got the game to win a Slam/s for sure but he gets in his own head way too much!!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2054: Jul 05, 2022 10:02:52 pm
      Norrie through to the semi-finals after a brilliant 5 setter and Novak, after losing the first two sets came back to win the last three, amazing comeback.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2055: Jul 06, 2022 08:31:01 pm
      What a ridiculous sportsman Rafa Nadal is.

Would absolutely love him to see off that c**t Djokovic in a potential final.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2056: Jul 06, 2022 08:40:27 pm
      What a ridiculous sportsman Rafa Nadal is.

Would absolutely love him to see off that c**t Djokovic in a potential final.
      Pulled it out the fire in that one , used all his experience and nous to get it done superb effort by both players ,
      Read through the prize money today , I still find it staggering , that in this age of so called equality and fairness , the women get the same money for half the job , now I have no issue with the ladies getting the same ,  but surely if you want the same pay as someone else , you surely have to put in the same amount of effort , I mean you don’t see the lady footballers playing 70 mins do you .
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2057: Jul 06, 2022 10:14:27 pm
      Rafa Nadal - what a player.

I was absolutely glued to his match, Fritz put a shift in but Rafa has the experience  and the love and support of the centre court crowd to go all the way. I hope he batters that kyrgios - there's no love lost between the two....expecting fireworks.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2058: Jul 07, 2022 08:40:55 pm
      Gutted to see Rafa out.

Can’t see past Djokovic now unless Kyrgios produces the game of his life.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2059: Jul 08, 2022 11:20:25 am
      Gutted to see Rafa out.

Can’t see past Djokovic now unless Kyrgios produces the game of his life.

Thought Rafa would go on and win it this year to claim his 3rd consecutive grand slam. So unfortunate for him but at least it will mean he can compete at the US Open.

Would prefer Djokovic to lose because then it keeps him at a couple behind Rafa's record but I wont watch the final, can't stand either of them, it's like when it was City and Chelsea in the Champions League final...couldn't be less interested.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2060: Jul 10, 2022 08:19:47 pm
      Sad day to see Sue Barker retire from the Wimbledon coverage. She's the best sports broadcaster there has ever been. The greatest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2061: Jul 11, 2022 10:33:30 am
      Sad day to see Sue Barker retire from the Wimbledon coverage. She's the best sports broadcaster there has ever been. The greatest.

Wish McEnroe would retire.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2062: Jul 11, 2022 05:58:12 pm

She's been so good over the years, they will find it difficult to replace her, Clare Balding maybe?

So glad that Novak won the final, that kyrogios is a disgrace to the sport, the way he was ranting and swearing, never heard a peep from him in the first set when he was winning though, as soon as Novak took charge his antics were appalling, personally I would ban him. All credit to Novak for staying cool and calm, made up he won.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2063: Aug 29, 2022 08:43:49 pm
      US Open. Doesn't seem like a year since Raducanu won the singles. Medvedev thrashed Djokovic in the final last year but Djokovic isn't here due to his vaccine stance. Nadal V Medvedev final...could be. Alcaraz might shake it up a bit.

Might watch a bit here and there.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2064: Sep 03, 2022 04:05:43 am
      US Open. Doesn't seem like a year since Raducanu won the singles. Medvedev thrashed Djokovic in the final last year but Djokovic isn't here due to his vaccine stance. Nadal V Medvedev final...could be. Alcaraz might shake it up a bit.

Might watch a bit here and there.

Last year’s US Open victory bloated Emma’s ego and now she goes around changing coaches every couple of months. What a shame.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #2065: Sep 03, 2022 09:51:59 am
      Looks like the end for Serena Williams. It's hard to believe after all this time. The most remarkable career in sport. Where were you in September 1999 when she won her first slam... :o

Both her and Venus. Legends forever
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2066: Sep 03, 2022 03:00:53 pm
      Looks like the end for Serena Williams. It's hard to believe after all this time. The most remarkable career in sport. Where were you in September 1999 when she won her first slam... :o

Watched her match last night but had to turn down the volume. The sucking up from the announcers was unbearable.

Venus has a YT channel where she gives lessons on serves and strokes. Talk about listening closely when someone speaks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2067: Sep 05, 2022 09:56:48 pm
      Nadal could be heading out here, he’s struggling against Tiafoe.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2068: Sep 05, 2022 10:28:05 pm

an awful lot younger and just gobsmacked at just how these two girls had moved Tennis on to another level all together
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2069: Sep 15, 2022 02:51:32 pm
      Federer retires from Tennis, what a great ambassador for the sport…

Quick Reply