Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Tennis

Read 175201 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Tennis
      Reply #1771: Jul 13, 2018 11:03:20 pm
      F**k off Nadal. Set point twice in the tie break and he fu**ed it both times. Novak 2-1 going into tomorrow.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1772: Jul 13, 2018 11:04:24 pm
      Fantastic game so far, such small margins between two great players.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1773: Jul 13, 2018 11:07:33 pm
      Fantastic game so far, such small margins between two great players.

Nadal's serve is what's letting him down, he's making his first serve easier than it should be for Novak.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1774: Jul 13, 2018 11:10:12 pm
      What an epic day of tennis, shame about the 23:00 stoppage :(

Hope it's resume at 13:00!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1775: Jul 13, 2018 11:10:51 pm
      Nadal's serve is what's letting him down, he's making his first serve easier than it should be for Novak.

Under such pressure mate it’s never going to be easy knowing he is facing the best returner in the game.

Plus with that roof closed it must be like a sauna in there.
      Amazing levels of fitness from both players!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1776: Jul 14, 2018 01:34:31 pm
      Nadal has come out like a beast today.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1777: Jul 14, 2018 05:20:16 pm
      Nadal has come out like a beast today.

He did!! I am a fan of both, so mixed feelings :( Sad Nadal lost, but on the other hand, happy Djokovic has the opportunity to win another GS after couple of years without one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1778: Jul 14, 2018 05:25:57 pm
      Far too many unforced errors from Nadal at crucial times.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1779: Jul 14, 2018 05:29:00 pm
      He did!! I am a fan of both, so mixed feelings :( Sad Nadal lost, but on the other hand, happy Djokovic has the opportunity to win another GS after couple of years without one.

Love Nadal and wanted him to win. Pulls some mad faces doesn't he, though? Ha ha

Anyway, glad I watched the tennis and then chose to get on the gin after it in my garden rather than watch either England or the reds. Definitely the correct manoeuvre.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1780: Jul 14, 2018 08:43:14 pm
      Beating Serena Williams in the Wimbledon final is probably the ultimate achievement in women's tennis. Well done Angelique Kerber. However, as superb Serena has been since coming back from having a baby I think such a dominant narrative disrespected and ignored the progress of others.

Even in victory some of the press choose to lead on Williams and shadow the excellence of Kerber. Recently there has been a slight obsession surrounding Serena that has overflowed into hysteria at times.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1781: Jul 15, 2018 02:51:03 pm
      Worst Wimbledon final I can remember so far.

Anderson completely outclassed.

Djokovic could have this wrapped up in time to watch the WC final.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1782: Aug 27, 2018 09:12:13 pm
      YES! Andy Murray comes through in 4 sets against Duckworth to progress from the first round in the US Open! Genuinely one of the most satisfying sporting moments I've seen this year as he got better as the match went on, looking more like the aggressive and speedy player we know. Delighted for him after all he's been through and the numerous surgeries he's had.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1783: Sep 04, 2018 05:52:27 am
      Fed out of the US Open. Without taking too much away from Millman, that was a pathetic effort by Fed; over 75 unforced errors, some double faults with bizarre challenges and looked like he just generally couldn’t give a sh*t, strolling around the court looking like he was just going through the motions. It’s performances like this that make you wonder why he doesn’t just call it a day. Pathetic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1784: Sep 04, 2018 11:47:53 pm
      Fed out of the US Open. Without taking too much away from Millman, that was a pathetic effort by Fed; over 75 unforced errors, some double faults with bizarre challenges and looked like he just generally couldn’t give a sh*t, strolling around the court looking like he was just going through the motions. It’s performances like this that make you wonder why he doesn’t just call it a day. Pathetic.

Yep, looked like he didn't want to be there. Not like him at all.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #1785: Sep 05, 2018 11:01:26 pm
      Nishikori looking back to his best after that wrist injury.

Got a couple of Slams in him IMO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1786: Sep 06, 2018 04:10:39 am
      What a battle between Nadal and Thiem, Nadal once again showing his brilliance. Should he win the US then he’ll be 2 Grand Slams behind Fed(?). It’s a shame he’s missed so much tennis over the years through injury, he’d have been comfortably ahead of the record Fed has. Both had fantastic careers but ability wise, Nadal is just that step up.
      Fed strolling around and not giving a sh*t the other day against a nothing player, whist Nadal battles back after losing the opening set 0-6, says it all about their mentalities as they enter the final stages of their career.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1787: Sep 07, 2018 11:21:31 pm
      Nadal struggling, isn't he? :( I reckon it's gonna be another GS for Djokovic.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1788: Sep 08, 2018 05:31:18 am
      Nadal out through injury
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1789: Sep 09, 2018 03:16:39 pm
      I think Serena, along with her long serving sister Venus, have been brilliant for the women's game and sport in general. But yet again she steals the narrative from the victor yesterday with her behaviour. This time calling out the umpire as sexist after he made a call that was consistent with the rulebook along with calling him a their on court. Not the first time she has had form with on court officials - remember her screaming at a defenceless lineswoman a few years back that she would 'shove the ball down your F***ing throat?' Yet again, she actively incites a knowledgeless New York crowd and Osaka's great moment is ruined.

But despite all this, the 'hero' yet again is Serena. 'What a true champ she is', 'Standing up for women all around the world' etc etc tweet her celeb pals. All the while forgetting what an amazing job Osaka did.

Pathetic.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2018 03:26:37 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1790: Sep 09, 2018 03:30:46 pm
      I think Serena, along with her long serving sister Venus, have been brilliant for the women's game and sport in general. But yet again she steals the narrative from the victor yesterday with her behaviour. This time calling out the umpire as sexist after he made a call that was consistent with the rulebook along with calling him a their on court. She actively incites a knowledgeless New York crowd and Osaka's great moment is ruined.

But despite all this, the 'hero' yet again is Serena. 'What a true champ she is', 'Standing up for women all around the world' etc etc tweet her celeb pals. All the while forgetting what an amazing job Osaka did.

Pathetic.

100% agree, I think it is absolutely disgraceful to pull the sexism card to try to justify absolutely appalling behaviour from a senior tennis player. Firstly she did receive coaching, secondly she did smash her racket which is the second warning and thirdly she did call the chair umpire a thief and a liar which obviously would lead anyone, male or female, to get a one game ban. I personally think she was damned lucky not to have forfeit the game at that point, and the less said about the fuckwit supporters in the stadium who booed during what should have been the happiest moment in Osaka's career the better, I've actually been to the US Open once and the quality of "supporter" is the worst I've ever experienced.
      I hope this is the last we see of Serena, a player who I've never liked and who has only won and dominated due to her far superior strength rather than any superior technique.

Horrible self entitled bi*ch
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1791: Sep 09, 2018 03:32:44 pm
       I hope tonights Men's final will be a lot better than the bore fest we saw in Wimbledon!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1792: Sep 09, 2018 03:42:07 pm
      I think Serena, along with her long serving sister Venus, have been brilliant for the women's game and sport in general. But yet again she steals the narrative from the victor yesterday with her behaviour. This time calling out the umpire as sexist after he made a call that was consistent with the rulebook along with calling him a their on court. Not the first time she has had form with on court officials - remember her screaming at a defenceless lineswoman a few years back that she would 'shove the ball down your F***ing throat?' Yet again, she actively incites a knowledgeless New York crowd and Osaka's great moment is ruined.

Pathetic.

I've seen the footage on twitter, not a nice person.

Here is the footage.

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1038703823173312512

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1793: Sep 09, 2018 03:45:45 pm
      I've seen the footage on twitter, not a nice person.

Here is the footage.

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1038703823173312512

That Williams has previous with poor on court behaviour only serves to legitimise the penalties against her more.

She really is quite nasty with it as she proved in 2009 which still remains one of the most disgraceful outbursts I've seen in sport.

Quick Reply