Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tennis

Read 175132 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Tennis
      Reply #1794: Sep 09, 2018 03:58:46 pm
      In fairness she’s probably right in terms of what the men get away with compared to the women. But that said, time and time again she has done herself no favours so whilst she’s trying to be part of the solution, she’s probably in fact a large part of the problem.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1795: Sep 09, 2018 04:02:56 pm
      Critcising serena williams behaviour seemingly being interpreted as sexim/racism. Sorry serena but you overrracted and crossed the line.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1796: Sep 09, 2018 05:40:40 pm
      Well seems she will get fined £17k

It was disgusting behaviour from a spoilt brat and a bully , the way she talks at the umpire is disgraceful but they will bottle any real punishment
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1797: Sep 09, 2018 06:32:58 pm
      what a shame the girl who won had her moment spoiled by a spoiled brat. nothing to do with feminism just a tantrum because things were not going her way
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1798: Sep 09, 2018 09:38:42 pm
      what a shame the girl who won had her moment spoiled by a spoiled brat. nothing to do with feminism just a tantrum because things were not going her way

It pisses me off. There are some fantastic players in the women's game who are undermined and overlooked by a cultish attitude driven by the big corporate giants and Hollywood celebs that will put Serena front and centre of everything regardless of whether she wins, loses, smiles, frowns or abuses court officials. The frenzy that was hyped up yesterday was coming and Serena and her corporate cabal are to blame for ruining her opponent's big day by making it all about herself again with inaccurate claims of sexism, racism and bringing her child into it all (again).

Repugnant behaviour.

Gunning for Delpo in this final. Come on!
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2018 10:00:33 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1799: Sep 09, 2018 10:32:37 pm
      Djokovic is unbelievable. On another planet
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1800: Sep 09, 2018 10:39:04 pm
      Djokovic is unbelievable. On another planet

He is. I think he will catch up to Federer's 20 GS titles.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1801: Sep 10, 2018 08:37:28 am
      He is. I think he will catch up to Federer's 20 GS titles.

He's certainly got his mojo back
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1802: Sep 10, 2018 08:39:22 pm
      Sore loser that Serena Williams. You’d think someone who’d just had kids would want to set a better example.

Claiming sexism, racism and everything else under the sun as a judge calls the rules as he should. Should not be allowed back at the US Open until she publicly apologises. Disgrace.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1803: Sep 11, 2018 02:17:00 pm
      Sore loser that Serena Williams. You’d think someone who’d just had kids would want to set a better example.

Claiming sexism, racism and everything else under the sun as a judge calls the rules as he should. Should not be allowed back at the US Open until she publicly apologises. Disgrace.

I have a solution for all these downtrodden multi millionaire Women in Sport why not make all sport genderless so if your good enough you will win enough . So no men or womens sport just sport that way there will be no chance of Sexism or favouritism .
      I think the Judge deserves an award for keeping his cool and I would ask the authorities to make sure he does her next 6 games after her telling him he would never Umpire one of her matches ever again
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1804: Sep 11, 2018 03:31:57 pm
      He won't get one. He's a man disciplining a woman for a woman losing the plot. Therefore, as with society in general, he must automatically be racist/sexist/misogynistic, with an "attitude" to women and all the rest.

The umpire applied the penalties as they should be applied, it makes no difference whether the player was a man or a woman. Plenty from both genders protest umpire decisions and are punished, but most know where to draw the line. She doesn't. She assumes her status and background, entitles her to special treatment relative to other players.

She is one of the richest and most famous sportswomen in the world, and lives a very privileged lifestyle. She doesn't have to fight for anyone, she wasn't fighting at the weekend either, she just threw out the standard feminazi type grievances about how all the world is out to get her, because she didn't get everything her own way from a man on demand, and hope some of them stick. That's why men can't say anything about women these days, even when he's entirely in the right.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1805: Sep 11, 2018 04:01:23 pm
      He won't get one. He's a man disciplining a woman for a woman losing the plot. Therefore, as with society in general, he must automatically be racist/sexist/misogynistic, with an "attitude" to women and all the rest.

The umpire applied the penalties as they should be applied, it makes no difference whether the player was a man or a woman. Plenty from both genders protest umpire decisions and are punished, but most know where to draw the line. She doesn't. She assumes her status and background, entitles her to special treatment relative to other players.

She is one of the richest and most famous sportswomen in the world, and lives a very privileged lifestyle. She doesn't have to fight for anyone, she wasn't fighting at the weekend either, she just threw out the standard feminazi type grievances about how all the world is out to get her, because she didn't get everything her own way from a man on demand, and hope some of them stick. That's why men can't say anything about women these days, even when he's entirely in the right.

And I heard there is a load of upset people over a cartoon depicting her as a cry baby in Australia I think.

Typical of the "I get offended by everything" people these days.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1806: Sep 11, 2018 04:22:05 pm
      And I heard there is a load of upset people over a cartoon depicting her as a cry baby in Australia I think.

It’s racist because the spoilt brat just happened to be black. Nothing to do with skin colour.

If this was Nadal being punished for the same thing by a female judge the praise would be showered on the female official for being ‘strong’. Load of sh*t for a vocal minority who really need a hobby.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1807: Sep 11, 2018 04:26:17 pm

how dare they make fun off someone who is fighting for all the women of the world the down trodden poor women.
      Its all getting a bit insane now you can hardly see a Male present on BBC News now. As I say lets open sport up to all so gender does not come into it at all.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1808: Sep 11, 2018 04:32:34 pm
      Let’s also mention women are paid the same in tennis despite playing less games. Sexism? Course not.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1809: Sep 11, 2018 06:04:09 pm
      Someone help me out here. If it was a Blackwoman Referee/Umpire that gave the same penalties there would just be acceptance??? and nothing would be said but because its a little white man its racisit and sexist and any other "ists" you can add to it the world hs gone mad
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1810: Sep 11, 2018 09:50:35 pm
      Someone help me out here. If it was a Blackwoman Referee/Umpire that gave the same penalties there would just be acceptance??? and nothing would be said but because its a little white man its racisit and sexist and any other "ists" you can add to it the world hs gone mad

Imagine a white man saying to a black female umpire ‘you’ll never umpire one of my games again’
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1811: Sep 12, 2018 07:36:36 am
      Quote from SM
      And I heard there is a load of upset people over a cartoon depicting her in Australia I think.

They're only upset because it's true. And he should know that he can't say anything about women, if he wants to avoid the usual allegations about him being made, which have no doubt been made. That's what happens under a liberal dictatorship. In theory, you can say anything you want. In reality, there's very little you can say without someone somewhere somehow, taking offence.

Women are all for equality when they benefit from it. When they don't, they demand special treatment because they are women. So they have the best of both worlds. But she says that calling a qualified tennis official all sorts for treating her the same as everyone else should, is fighting for women's rights.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1812: Sep 12, 2018 07:57:34 am
      The foremost women’s tennis organisation have come out in support for Serena.

This was a chance for a leading female organisation to show it's not about supporting a woman’s choice at all costs, but supporting the right choices. Missed opportunity for them, they just look obtuse.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1813: Sep 12, 2018 08:22:52 am
      Not tennis related but I read this morning that "man of the match" in all male teams has been changed to "player of the match" in some sports so it doesn't offend!

How F***ing silly is that....its all men playing ffs.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1814: Sep 12, 2018 07:31:30 pm
      Some kinda hate in this thread,no? Used to like playing tennis as a kid but the posh kids were real dicks to us council house kids.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1815: Jan 11, 2019 10:13:28 pm
      Andy Murray.

Utterly exceptional on every level.

Inspiration to all.

If this is the end - it’s been an absolute privilege.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1816: Jan 11, 2019 10:28:29 pm
      Absolutely gutted for Andy Murray that his tennis career is coming to an end. I really thought it could have gone on longer and to see it all coming to an end in such a cruel and unceremonious fashion hurts badly especially just two years after being number 1 in the world.

But what amazing joy and memories he's provided over the years. I'll always remember him smashing onto the scene in 2005 at Queens Club and then Wimbledon a couple of weeks after that. It was an amazing summer of sport what with Liverpool winning the Champions League, London being awarded the Olympic Games and the greatest cricket series ever between Australia and England. It's been amazing to see him develop and prosper further beyond that point.

For me, Britain's greatest ever sportsman. Maybe not the greatest tennis player of his era but what he has done for the sport and British sport in general far exceeds anything anyone thought possible of a tennis star from this country. Yeah, he never won everyone over (not helped by pathetic lies of anti English sentiments propagated by rag papers) but they matter little in light of what he's achieved.

He's a credit and an honour to his hometown of Dunblane, to Scotland, to Britain and to the world of tennis. He'll be missed so much.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2019 10:53:41 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply