Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

You Know Your A Liverpool Fan When........

Read 6994 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: You Know Your A Liverpool Fan When........
      Reply #23: Feb 05, 2008 08:28:20 pm
      Great post.

Listen I have a solution to your hot date scenario on Wednesday's.

My place or yours?

... I'll bring the beer ...ok...and the flowers too!

Hey Don.....That sounds like a invitation to me........Champagne, Red Roses and Chocolate please.....I have expensive tastes ;) :lmao:

Good Post MsG

You know Your a Liverpool fan when you feel sick with nerves days before a big game

Don't remind me Venison......It's two weeks before the Inter Milan game and I 'm getting nervous and excited at the same time ......already  yikes !!!

Lovely to see lots of positive thoughts and happiness coming through on this thread.......now let's all work together in sending positive messages through to our lads for that next big win ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Feb 06, 2008 12:25:09 am
      1. You wouldn't ever have a 'blue' car. - I would, but for the Bluebirds :D

5. You pick up the newspaper, and turn to the back page first. - always

6. You have a 'hot' date on a Wednesday night, but Liverpool are playing, so you turn it down. I will be turning down socials/nights out with housemates when CL is back that's for sure..

7. You get up early on a Sunday morning to catch last night's MOTD to see all of  the 3 minutes they devote to Liverpool thrashing Chelsea  4-0. f*ck yeah

11. You will defend your team to anyone who tries to put us down. hell yeah!!

12. We will never forget the 96 that died at Hillsborough 15th April 1989. Yes. YNWA.

Great post MsG! No wonder you're on almost +90 rating now :)

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Feb 06, 2008 12:29:12 am
      my fiancee being from the borough didn't really care too much for football but in the last year or so she's been watching the matches with me and putting on the red jersey. she gets into it and yells as well now so I'm pretty lucky I don't have to worry about her when a games on now. shes amazing really, I knew I'd convert her over hehe.
      I wish I could convert my boyf to liking Cardiff City more!! >:(

4) you shed a tear of joy (istanbul 05) and one of sorrow reading stories of hillsborough
      Hell yes.. not forgetting many tears last year watching the CL final :(
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Feb 06, 2008 12:43:41 am

Great post MsG! No wonder you're on almost +90 rating now :)

Cheers Nic  :D  90 +  :o  I wish :lmao:

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 12:46:15 am by MsGerrard »
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #27: Feb 06, 2008 01:50:42 am
      Wonderful post MsG!! You always seem to take the words right out of our mouths, YNWA!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Feb 06, 2008 04:04:11 am

+1 to help you with that.

I missed my year 12 yearly exam to stay up untill 4 am to watch Liverpool play a Craling Cup match. Sweet talked into letting me sit it.

I drove my blue company car and parked it on my boss's front lawn and left a note saying, 'i need some paint, untill then i am unable to work'

Changed a mate's wedding colours from blue to red, best man 1 wife 0.

Cut my mate's Everton shirt into 5 pieces and wrote on it each year we won Europe after Istanbul. (Hid his new one before Athens last year)

I know my passion for the club is nothing compared to a true Scouser but from little old Aussie, i do anything and everything the Liverpool way.

Cracking post MsG.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #29: Feb 06, 2008 04:26:48 am
      Ill Give you 1 too...
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #30: Feb 06, 2008 09:41:23 am
      Great post MsGerrard, Unfortunatly I don't have kids, or a car yet, or do I get to decide the names of the pets in the household or I don't get to plan our trips, yet. For if i did my family would live in Liverpool. I can't log into LFCreds.com every day but I try my best, now that school is back, and busy.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Feb 06, 2008 10:55:59 am
      Thankyou Batman0077......for your kind words.......I try :D

Crouchinho......I'm quite sure your feelings for Liverpool are  just as passionate as the next fan, wherever you are in the world.  :)

Anfield Warrior.....Thanks for giving me one :o

benforrest.....You are with us in spirit and that's all that matters.

You'll Never Walk Alone Lads if you keep supporting the Mighty Reds

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #32: Feb 06, 2008 11:05:12 am
      Anfield Warrior.....Thanks for giving me one :o

About that Wednesday date - well if the CL game is on - we can have the chocs and champs at my place - I've got internet access too... so I could also give you one ...and then watch the game (we might miss the first half.................... ...................... as the ADSL line is very slow)  ....what *were* you thinking....!

Smile on!

MsGerrard
      Reply #33: Feb 06, 2008 11:10:08 am
      About that Wednesday date - well if the CL game is on - we can have the chocs and champs at my place - I've got internet access too... so I could also give you one ...and then watch the game (we might miss the first half.................... ...................... as the ADSL line is very slow)  ....what *were* you thinking....!

Smile on!

Very cheeky Don  :D.......I was actually thinking, get yourself over here and we could go the match together, the champers can be opened afterwards to celebrate the victory :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34: Feb 06, 2008 11:35:51 am
      Very cheeky Don  :D.......I was actually thinking, get yourself over here and we could go the match together, the champers can be opened afterwards to celebrate the victory :lmao:

Keep it 'G' rated here guys!

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #35: Feb 06, 2008 12:29:19 pm
      When you come down in the morning with red eye's after a night out at the red lion....
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #36: Feb 06, 2008 01:17:49 pm

7. You get up early on a Sunday morning to catch last night's MOTD to see all of  the 3 minutes they devote to Liverpool thrashing Chelsea  4-0.

In a fantasy world maybe
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Feb 06, 2008 05:08:12 pm
      Well you have hell of a lot more than me!

I named my hamster after an ex-Cardiff player if that counts hehe :P
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Feb 07, 2008 05:53:59 am
      Great post MsG..you got a plus vote from me too, mate.

You know you're a Liverpool fan when:

1) You know the game is on at 2 am in the morning here, you can't sleep because you've go so much adrenalin pumping, the match finishes at 4am and you get an hour and half sleep before having to wake up at 5.30am for a 6.30am start.

2) You get to work and before you've taken a call, you log on to the internet to catch up with as much LFC news as possible. You even put your phone in to beak mode between calls to read LFC stuff and you get told off every day by your boss for doing so, but wait till he walks away and then do it again. 8)

benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #39: Feb 07, 2008 06:21:47 am
      1) You know the game is on at 2 am in the morning here, you can't sleep because you've go so much adrenalin pumping, the match finishes at 4am and you get an hour and half sleep before having to wake up at 5.30am for a 6.30am start.
      And doesn't it kill us, when you watch the game, staying up that late, only to realise that Liverpool only took a point from the game. It makes the day more tiring and more annoying ever, but winning gives you the most satisfaction for the whole week!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Feb 07, 2008 09:11:22 am
      And doesn't it kill us, when you watch the game, staying up that late, only to realise that Liverpool only took a point from the game. It makes the day more tiring and more annoying ever, but winning gives you the most satisfaction for the whole week!

My next day depends on the result we had. Loss means sh*t for a few days, draw means grubby for a day, win? F***ing ECSTATIC!
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #41: Feb 07, 2008 09:36:50 am
      My next day depends on the result we had. Loss means sh*t for a few days, draw means grubby for a day, win? F***ing ECSTATIC!
      Had we not won againest Sunderland my week would have been the worst for me. I have just been getting waist deep of homework files this week, just terrible and tiring, only the win has put a positive in my week. A winning streak, oh wouldn't we all love.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #42: Feb 07, 2008 12:39:34 pm
      You know your a Liverpool fan when most of your family are blues and your the singled one out. But you get to be the only one laughing when your team beats Everton at Goodison Park haha :D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #43: Feb 07, 2008 01:28:01 pm
      1.No matter how much the wife begs no blue lights as decorations at Christmas only red ones are allowed. (Our house looks like downtown Amsterdam at Christmas time!)

2.Your dog is called Paisley and the father of his litter was called Shankly. Other pets have included Rushie the hamster and Kenny the budgie, and without being xenophobic Gerard the albino frog!

3.You stop the car on a dual carriageway and tell your eight year old son to get out because he asked “can I support Man United?” (Bit harsh I know) he did try to rectify it with a “how about Everton then?” but as I pulled away he changed his mind.

4.You tape over a christening video with the UEFA cup final against Alaves because you won’t be home to watch it. (Because I was in Dortmund watching it!) My Mrs doesn’t understand that just being there isn’t enough you need to watch it again.

5.Seeing your son born then jumping in a transit van to go to Wembley for a cup   final with Arsenal.(What! I was there for the birth she just had to wait a couple of days for her grapes!)

6.In the early days of marriage being on the bones of your arse money wise, bills up the wall, getting hounded by the mortgage but always making sure I had a season ticket each year! (Any single lads make sure your wife’s a good red as mine has always understood my passion for Liverpool)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Feb 07, 2008 01:32:23 pm
      Great Post Glenbuck..... :lmao:

This topic has brought out the best in people, it's great reading everyones stories  :lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #45: Feb 07, 2008 03:45:47 pm
      Agreed! Excellent post Glenbuck! :lmao:

It's a cracking topic this! ;)

I passed my AS Level Psychology in a very... intoxicated manner! It was in the morning of..... 26th May 2005! :o I'll let everyone do the Math! ;)

One lad even got back from Istanbul in the morning on one of the only flights to leave Turkey on schedule. Needless to say though, he was a bit distracted in his exam and failed! :D To this day, all you get from him is 'Worth it!' 8)

Quick Reply