Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Spirit of Shankly

Read 20684 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Spirit of Shankly
      Reply #46: Jun 08, 2008 10:06:02 pm
      wait until you hear about the club's accounts.

Indeed mate. I'm not so sure I want to hear about the clubs accounts.

As I said, catch 22.

There should be more togetherness where SOS is concerned though. I feel it's on a secretive edge.
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 08, 2008 10:11:10 pm
      Well i for one think SOS and every fan who turned up today were spot on . Well done lads,

Its ok everyone harpin on about the yanks but when it comes down to it lads we should be doing everything we can no matter how small or even if you think its a waste of time ,
      Lets get our F***ing club back before its to late.

Well in to everyone who attended today now lets keep up the pressure
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Jun 08, 2008 10:54:36 pm
      Its ok everyone harpin on about the yanks but when it comes down to it lads we should be doing everything we can no matter how small or even if you think its a waste of time ,
      Lets get our F***ing club back before its to late.

I think it was you who posted that post from RAWK in the takeover thread wasn't it mate?

How's your average red down the pub meant to find out about what's going on though? What about the people who only check the official site for LFC related stuff, who may not be aware of sites like this, RAWK and loads of other independent sites? What about the people who only check the Echo newspaper or listen out on Radio City news or Radio Merseyside?

Of course we all want our club back. And I'll get behind anything that's against the people who have a stranglehold on our club. But people will harp on if they don't feel they are involved.

Do you have to pay money to be inside a circle and find out all the ins and outs? I'm pretty certain that when 'Sons Of Shankly' started off, there was a lot of talk about it and a lot of people wanted to be involved. But now it just seems all too secretive. And while it stays like that, you'll only get a hundred people or so showing up for things like today. That is nothing to take notice of in all honesty, is it.

There's always leaders and followers. When SOS formed, a lot of people felt it was something to follow and be a part of because we can all relate to the cause. But the leadership from SOS when things like this are concerned is not very good.
      Get the word out there! More people will be willing to spread the word then. Before you know it, there could be a thousand people as opposed to a hundred outside Anfield. It might not mean the yanks will take notice because we can only hit them in the pocket. But a lot more reds will feel a part of it.
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #49: Jun 08, 2008 11:15:51 pm
      Im the same as you though mate im not involed in anything to do with SOS and i only go on what i hear on the boards and in the echo same as you. But i make it my buissness to find out whats going on with these two bas**rds its boardering on lunacy sometimes i hate them so much.. I Saw that post on RAWK and wanted to know more so i emailed a few people an thats how i found out what was going down today.

When things are happening its usualy posted in one forum or another an everyone goes on from there or you tend to email or talk to lads from the match . I  couldnt be there today as i live down south an i was gutted that i couldnt make my voice heard , But im sure there will be other times.

I cant rest mate until these two have gone as one of the lads said today on the telly there raping our club we just cant do nothing
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #50: Jun 08, 2008 11:23:15 pm
      I was meant to be going down today, but because of working late last night I couldn't make it. But I back the idea to the halt. I'm not arsed who organises these things as long as there's a valid purpose behind it. I don't wanna waste me time standing somewhere for a cause that we're having just for the sake of it. Unfortunately I can see that happening completely. A new march or petition going over the same thing as the one 10 minutes previous will get tedious after a while.

Despite the fact I see the point and back things like this, I don't think they get the message across. The yanks know their not wanted at the club, I think even the animals at Knowsley Safari could tell you that the yanks aren't wanted here. So staying after games shouting "yanks out" or these kinda protests are water off a ducks back to them now. It's time for stronger means. I've never been a fan of boycotting the games or even the merchandise because I still think there's enough "glory hunters" or "daytrippers" to make up the difference but that's the only way I see working. At this current rate Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Babel, Torres and Crouch will be sold just to finance another of the CLUB'S loans. I can only see it getting worse. I thought the scrapped plans of the stadium was the storm, then the Klinsmann buisness was the storm, then the DIC bollocks of Gillett selling Hicks not allowing it, then Parry being told to resign....yet he's still F***ing here, F***ing gobs***e and now this. I've had me hopes up far too much thinking "this is it, it's all gonna blow over now, we can get back to the Liverpool Football Club we all grew up with" but again disappointed because a fornight later the three (hicks, gillett, parry) are back in the press making the club look even F***ing worse. Yet the one who should be opening his mouth and explaining why he sold to those two in the first place is keeping hushed, instead of appologising to us fans. Thanks a F***ing lot Moores, glad to see your back pocket benifits from the club's disarray, you're no better than those two yanks you greedy money grabbing c**t.

Sorry for that rant on Moores, it's just part of a letter I've wrote to him. I'm an opptomist and I'm hoping that I can somehow find a way of touching the fan in him and force him to open up and appologise. Hicks and Gillet and even Parry have had enough sh*t thrown at them that anything new will be straight in the bin, but Moores has been getting away scott free from some fans so he's the one I've addressed me letter to. Hoping it rekindle that love of Liverpool Football Club within him and he can explain HONESTLY, WHY HE SOLD TO THOSE TWO.

I think it was you who posted that post from RAWK in the takeover thread wasn't it mate?

How's your average red down the pub meant to find out about what's going on though? What about the people who only check the official site for LFC related stuff, who may not be aware of sites like this, RAWK and loads of other independent sites? What about the people who only check the Echo newspaper or listen out on Radio City news or Radio Merseyside?

just concerning this on a side note, I've tried signing up for RAWK for a while and keep getting told registration is disabled. But from the clipets I've seen when browsing the place, or where other people have posted on various other forums I'm chuffed I'm not on there. It's nothing to write home about from what I can see, the worst one was where somebody was making out that Hicks and Gillett are somehow in the right and it's the fans who are in the wrong. I'm sure there's a few good people on there but by and large I wouldn't worry about that particular forum.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #51: Jun 08, 2008 11:38:33 pm
      I cant rest mate until these two have gone as one of the lads said today on the telly there raping our club we just cant do nothing

I know mate. But can you see where there is a difference between 'we' and 'some'? It's good that you can still find out about things when you're currently down south, on the net, but old red Frank, down the Broadway Pub with a 20 minute walk from Anfield only has the Echo to try find out about what we do next....
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #52: Jun 08, 2008 11:51:37 pm
      Yeh i can see your point an i understand what your talking about until everyone is in the know mate its only gonna be a small minority who are able to gonna do something about it.

Dont let me living down south be a smokescrene though ive been goin home an away for 40 years i spend more time back home than what i do down here i just use the net to catch up on what im missin when im not there im a nosy bi*ch ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Jun 08, 2008 11:55:29 pm

Despite the fact I see the point and back things like this, I don't think they get the message across. The yanks know their not wanted at the club, I think even the animals at Knowsley Safari could tell you that the yanks aren't wanted here.

Next time I'm driving up the M57, I'll have a word with the lions about Hicks and Gillette.  ;)

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #54: Jun 08, 2008 11:56:18 pm

typical scouse bird, bet you love your bingo an all don't ya girl  :lmao:

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: Jun 08, 2008 11:57:53 pm
      Dont let me living down south be a smokescrene though ive been goin home an away for 40 years I spend more time back home than what I do down here I just use the net to catch up on what im missin when im not there im a nosy bi*ch ;D

I already knew there was no smokescreen mate.
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #56: Jun 09, 2008 12:00:56 am
      Too right always got a dabber in me bag for emergencys
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #57: Jun 18, 2008 11:36:29 pm
      In case you were  interested like, good article by Tony B in last weekends Pink.

Red letter day for the Spirit of Shankly

Jun 14 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

ON Monday, the Spirit of Shankly (SOS) will celebrate four months in existence as the country's first ever football supporters union.

It has come a long way since the day it was formed on February 16 when around 1,000 Liverpool fans packed into the Olympia on West Derby Road ahead of the ill-fated FA Cup tie against Barnsley.

That rally was followed by a march to Anfield with all present united in their desire to see Liverpool Football Club rid of American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Despite the good turnout and the clear and vivid passion on display SOS was not without its critics and there was no shortage of Nay’sayers who wanted to know what a disparate group of fans from Liverpool and beyond could do to challenge the corporate might of a pair of American millionaires based thousands of miles away from the Olympia.

In truth, it remains a forbidding challenge and one which may never be achieved in a football world where money doesn't just talk, it shouts, screams and hollers.

That doesn't mean SOS hasn't made progress though. Far from it.

In those six short months it has established a fully operative committee comprising of a chair, vice-chair, treasurer, secretary, club liaison officer and fans liaison officer among others.

Meetings are held regularly and continue to be well attended and in the near future a city centre office will be opened to process the membership applications which continue to flood in on a daily basis and a fully operational website will also be set up.

Increasingly, the union is starting to resemble a fans co-operative with issues which concern supporters of all clubs being tackled in an age of spiralling ticket prices and related costs.

A fortnight ago, I was invited to attend their latest gathering to observe their work at first hand and found it to be as professional as any council meeting with a full agenda established at the very outset and reports and updates presented by the treasurer, secretary and chair.

There was no shortage of debate and nor should there be in a movement which was set up to represent the best interests of all Liverpool fans and not just a local clique of like minded individuals.

The debate was lively and well informed but never threatened to get out of hand and although there were occasions when agreeing to disagree was the best course of action resolutions were passed and conclusions were arrived at, much as they are in any board meeting.

The level of professionalism on show should not come as a surprise though as many of those involved come from the kind of background where such meetings take place on an almost daily basis and their experience is telling.

Equally importantly though, there are those who do not hail from a professional background and who are ready and willing to try and break through the traditional constraints which have left football fans at the mercy of profiteers for far too long.

After the recent experience of Athens and Istanbul, not to mention just about every other European trip Liverpool have been involved in, SOS are now looking at ways of making European and domestic travel more affordable to the average Reds fan.

Talks are ongoing with travel operators aimed at chartering flights for Champions League away games and a coach is likely to be laid on for the Reds forthcoming pre-season friendly against Rangers at Ibrox.

These initiatives are a small step in the right direction for a movement which has come an awfully long way in a very short time.

Should the progress they have made in their first six months be repeated in the next six then there is no telling as to how far SOS could go.

But as long as they continue to have the best interests of fans at heart then no-one should bet against them achieving their objectives, even if their avowed determination to rid their club of a pair of owners they have no time for does remain the tallest of tall orders.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/06/14/red-letter-day-for-the-spirit-of-shankly-100252-21071196/
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #58: Jun 18, 2008 11:45:09 pm
      A statement about co-operation and unity between Spirit of Shankly and Reclaim the Kop:

RTK & SOS

The People's Front of Judea? The Judean People's Front? Questions have been
      raised lately asking why there are two separate fan groups at Liverpool FC.

To make it clear to everyone - there are not.

A meeting was held 2 weeks ago between those involved in the Reclaim The Kop
      (RTK) campaign and the Spirit Of Shankly (SOS) Management Committee, a
      committee which incidentally, includes people involved in RTK since it's
      inception. The meeting was held to explore ways in which the two groups
      could not only co-exist, but also work together to achieve our aims. In all
      theses respects the meeting went extremely well. It became evident that both
      groups can compliment each other and work together in addressing the key
      issues that affect all LFC supporters.

RTK has always been about addressing the issue of the match-day atmosphere
      and experience; working on it, improving it, and hopefully returning it to
      the days when opposing teams feared a visit to Anfield even before they had
      set foot on the pitch itself.

RTK are still working with the club on all issues related to the atmosphere
      at Anfield. There are lines of communication in place to discuss such issues,
      the latest result being the expansion of the vocal section at the back of
      The Kop.

Before the formation of SOS, RTK were the only recognised and active
      Liverpool FC fan's group. This meant that RTK were often looked upon to
      provide leadership at times when fans deemed it necessary. Issues such as
      the Athens Ticket protests became RTK tasks. RTK arranged an open Q&A
      session with Rick Parry last year to discuss the fall-out from this debacle
      and ways in which similar occurrences could be avoided in future. This is
      obviously something that would now fall under the jurisdiction of The Union.
      Both groups can now work together to hopefully arrange a follow up
      session.

Since the formation of SOS, there has been no need for RTK to step
      forward as it did in the past, hence the lack of public visibility RTK has
      had over the past few months. RTK does not represent all fans. It exists
      purely to improve the atmosphere on match-days. RTK recognise that there is
      now a new body that represents vocal and non-vocal fans on a much broader
      range of issues; a body speaking for us AS ONE. The Union have been active
      on these and other fronts, and will continue to be so, leaving RTK to
      continue its work on the Anfield atmosphere and experience.

RTK will fall under the umbrella of The Union, reporting fan related issues
      into the wider body. RTK fully supports all of the SOS agendas, both short
      and long term, and will continue to wholeheartedly support the aims of SOS.

The Union now has a Management Committee in place. The bank account is open
      and all the hard work in setting up The Union is finally coming to fruition.
      Online memberships will be available sooner rather than later. All the
      pieces are starting to fall into place. RTK are now going to form part of
      that structure for fan / atmosphere related issues, leaving the wider issues
      to the Management Committee and membership of The Union.

There can be no division between Liverpool supporters at this time. This
      summer the threat of falling even further behind our main rivals, both
      financially and on the pitch, is starker than ever. Throughout the next
      fortnight we shall be in touch further; outlining our broader aims in
      general and taking the fight to the ownership in particular. We would also
      like to restate the importance of ALL of us speaking with ONE voice.

We are all in this together. Strength in numbers.

Spirit Of Shankly and RTK
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #59: Jun 19, 2008 12:21:06 am
      Sorry I don't post on here very often, all this may be old news, but as honest, passionate reds I'm sure you like to know whats going on,  just trying to help. If you really want to know the information is not hard to find. YNWA   

The Impending summer, George Gillett and fancard farce.
      By The Spirit of Shankly    7/6/2008

Week by week it’s becoming clearer that Hicks and Gillett are holding the club back and hurting its support. We’ve got a manager who (according to yesterday’s Liverpool Echo) is unable to go for a terrific young prospect in Aaron Ramsey because he’s got to concentrate on the first team on what is, relatively speaking, a shoestring. There can be no signing for the future. Liverpool FC is likely to be outspent this summer by more than Manchester Utd and Chelsea (the benchmark in at home and in Europe and the target to catch) but also by Manchester City, West Ham and Tottenham Hotspur. There’s no Daniel Alves, there’s Philip Degen. Degen may be a good player or he may not, but he does not have a strong shout to be the world’s leading right back. He is available for free, however.

Let’s remember why David Moores wanted to sell in the first place – to keep the playing side strong while a new stadium could be built for Liverpool FC.

We can only presume he didn’t sell it to watch Liverpool supporters get fleeced in this eternal chase for elusive cash. This week we discovered that fancards are getting replaced. You know fancards, the things described in the club’s own charter as “the only card that you will need with Liverpool Football Club”. A one off payment of £3.50. They are getting replaced by a card which will have to be paid for on an annual basis. Liverpool FC being Liverpool FC, they haven’t released all the information yet but we rang today and got some answers. This isn’t set in stone but we were told it will be an annual charge of £29 for adults and £20 for children. Fan cards will run concurrently with this scheme, that will include a ticket exchange, for one season and then it’s the annual fee or nothing. The scheme will be confirmed before July 1st. Do we expect any greater efficiency or is it simply a matter of wringing every last penny out of supporters? Let’s phrase it this way, for an adult and two children to even be in with a chance to buy a ticket for a league game prior to the new stadium hopefully opening in 2012 (we understand anyone raising their eyebrows), it’s £207. £207. That’s before you’ve seen a ball kicked. Looking at that, and given that Hicks and Gillett need every penny, we suspect it’s the latter.

Is George Gillett still looking for every last penny? Well, why is he still here? Gillett is happy enough to give the impression he wants to sell. Well, SOS has been told he can sell whenever he wants. The opportunity is there to get out of our club. Why hasn’t he? Remember, George Gillett also said it was “about the fans and the winning tradition”; he said he “wasn’t someone who goes and hides” and he said “our job is to be custodians of this franchise, not owners of this franchise.” Well the fans want him out and he can’t supply the funds required to carry on that winning tradition. He has actively looked to hide away from the glare of the fans – that stops today. The pressure on George Gillett starts now. George: Either start explaining why you aren’t selling or sell.

This, these vagaries over the “custodianship” with one indicating he wants out but malingering, the other constantly looking to place the club into further debt, the shortage of a transfer budget, the desire to bleed fans dry to make up for the financial shortcomings, this is Liverpool FC today. This is your club in the summer of 2008. What are we all going to do about it?

We’re repossessing the club. Sunday. You’ve seen the other statement. If you haven’t, it’s easy - Anfield, Sunday. It’s time we said enough is enough. It’s time we repossess before someone else gets the chance. It’s our club after all. We feel every part of it. The manager’s limited budget is our limited budget. The plans for the new ground are the plans for our new ground. And the massive debts are definitely debts we’ll be repaying if Hicks and Gillett have their way.

Spirit of Shankly.

I went on that sunday morning, I thought The mock Reposession went brilliant, abar 200 turned out , The photie of the eviction notice posted here is mine that I had posted on RAWK. You've seen from Gilly's photies posted on this thread, A padlock, banners and eviction notices were tied on to the gates.

We sang, we showed flags, we showed our continued distrust and contempt toward Hicks and Gillett, Passionately but peacefully.

Jay Mc spoke to the various media, though admittedly It did'nt get the amount of coverage I thought It would have.

more negative PR for the "custodians", good work by SOS orginizeing. People may think its pointless, fair enough but I'd rather be doing something, anything to try and get the Custodians out before they can ruin the club further. Police and stewards took measures to prevent more post match protesting toward the end of last season. The strategy had to change, TBH I think satire and negative publicity against Hicks and Gillett is the way to go. We can do that ourselves, without having to rely on the goodwill of others in taking part in a boycott of Matches, merchandice and the like.

Curiously I'm told that the banners we put up that said "Yanks tell lie$" and "Repossesed"  and were cable tied to the gates, were'nt taken down by the club until late into the evening. The Protest had broken up by abar 2pm. Strange that.

Just to clarify I'm only a rank and file member of Spirit of Shankly, NOT a committee member or anything like that, just thought maybe you wanted to know how things are goin.

Can I ask Is there a desire for more Information Re: SOS actions and statements ? Because i have my own archive of them if anyone wants more info. If it were availible would people on here look to take part or not really ?  Don't know why they dont post updates on here, they should like.

All the best
      YNWA - SOS
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #60: Jun 19, 2008 12:46:24 am
      First of all, thanks kingjari for keeping your word about posting info as much as you can where SOS is concerned mate. I was glad to see you'd posted.

There can be no division between Liverpool supporters at this time. This
      summer the threat of falling even further behind our main rivals, both
      financially and on the pitch, is starker than ever. Throughout the next
      fortnight we shall be in touch further; outlining our broader aims in
      general and taking the fight to the ownership in particular. We would also
      like to restate the importance of ALL of us speaking with ONE voice.

We are all in this together. Strength in numbers.

Spirit Of Shankly and RTK

I just feel this last statement contradicts everything else that's been mentioned - but it's the most important notion!!
      And then there's also the comments from Tony Barrett about a colourful debate that makes me wonder...

It's totally right that there should be no division between Liverpool supporters at this time. We should all be as one. But why does it feel like that's not the case.

My personal view is that the aim and focus with which SOS was created should be the only one. Getting our club out of unsafe hands. A union for other clubs fans and less expensive travel etc can wait when you look at what's happening to LFC these days. Because that wont mean anything to us or make a difference if we continue with these yanks. That's not priority.

What is priority is that the communication should not be lost on ALL Liverpool supporters in the next fortnight. Let's have a red army, rather than a red group.

Let's have your old kopites down the pub, first in the know. Because so far, it seems you have to go searching really hard for information on the internet, or rely on an article from Tony Barret. There's many Liverpool fans to spread the word...
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #61: Jun 19, 2008 12:42:09 pm
      First off no problem Kenny , I think its very important your all kept in the Loop. Getting Hicks and Gillett out is an Immediate aim of SOS, at the moment its the important one. But the Union isn't a single issue group like Evertons KEIOC for example, while it was born out of the need to remove the yanks it does intend to embrace a whole gamut of important fans issues. Things we as supporters have been saying need to be changed for years.
      The Priority ATM is to try and Remove the 'custodians', but god willing, once their gone the Unions real work will have only just begun.

If you want me too, I will try and post some more regular Information on here.

YNWA-SOS
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Jun 19, 2008 05:32:47 pm
      If you want me too, I will try and post some more regular Information on here.

YNWA-SOS

That would be great, cheers mate.
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #63: Jun 19, 2008 07:05:48 pm
      Redkenny please check your PM's brother.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #64: Jun 19, 2008 07:09:15 pm
      Keep the updates coming jari.  There are certainly enough reds on here who for one reason or another can't get to these SOS meetings and the like.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #65: Jun 19, 2008 09:57:08 pm
      Thanks kingjari for your posts, any info about SOS activities is welcomed.As we have Redmen from around the world visiting this site, I believe that keeping them up to date with fan group activities, includes them in the ownership protests. Some like myself who cannot get to the rallys find our own ways to protest and this forum gives us all a chance to vent our anger/ frustrations over the way our great club is being abused. keep up the good work mate YNWA.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #66: Sep 12, 2008 09:01:54 am
      http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4133980,00.html
      GILLETT ARRIVES IN TIME FOR FANS` PROTEST
      Timing is evidently not George Gillett's forte. Having not watched a match at Anfield for over a year, the Liverpool co-owner is expected to attend tomorrow's game with Manchester United - on the day that a fans group will march in protest against the club's American owners.

Acclaimed as Liverpool's saviours when they bought the club in January 2007, the takeover by Gillett and Tom Hicks has since proved to be something of a disaster. Already aggrieved at their reputed undermining of Rafa Benitez and refusal to fund his transfer plans, the antipathy of Liverpool supporters towards the two Americans has hardened in recent weeks after it was confirmed that development of the club's proposed new stadium has been downscaled and delayed.

Thousands of fans are expected to march in protest before Saturday's match - "a march of passion, a march of anger, a march of red solidarity", according to fans group Spirit of Shankly - and feelings are likely to be inflamed if Gillett makes a rare appearance in the directors' box. The Times reports that 'The situation is so sensitive that senior club officials said last night that, for security reasons, they would not confirm or deny whether either of the American tycoons would be at the game, but, barring a late change of heart, Gillett is expected to fly to Liverpool today and attend the game.'

Come on Sos, you will hunt down gillet on saturday and pls the kop sing Yanks out & Sheikh in.

Quick Reply