Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

What's happened to Jamie Carragher's birthday cake?

Read 5096 times
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      What's happened to Jamie Carragher's birthday cake?
      Feb 07, 2008 04:31:18 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/02/07/what-s-happened-to-jamie-carragher-s-birthday-cake-100252-20445155/

IS this the proof that Jamie Carragher's birthday cake has fallen into the wrong hands?

The photograph, sent to the ECHO offices, is of the Reds star’s spectacular birthday confection which had been presented to him at his party on Sunday.

But no sooner was the lavish Liverpool-themed creation wheeled into his bash at the Sir Thomas hotel than it vanished.

Now the ECHO can reveal that the cake was actually kidnapped by a gang who are holding it to ransom. The shadowy culprits are thought to be a splinter group of the recently-formed Sons of Shankly (SOS) fans’ group.

The Nieces and Nephews of Nessie (NNN) have got Carra’s cake under wraps in their shadowy Bootle hideaway – and have already sent the defender a list of demands.

To prove they are serious, they are threatening to send a slice of the cake through the post as a chilling warning.

Our source says: “The lads wasted no time and it was obviously carefully planned. Everyone was having a good time and enjoying the party when they pulled it off. Not long after the cake was whizzed, one of Carra’s mates got a ransom note slipped into his lap.

“It was a smashing cake and Carra was chuffed with it, so when he found out it was gone he was not happy.

“It comes to something when you can’t enjoy turning 30 without some vagabonds getting up to something like this. They want to be careful though – if Jamie catches them he’ll be in a foul mood and might use some of his judo moves.”

The group’s demands for the safe return are as follows:

Jamie Carragher to complete all of his coaching badges and put himself forward for the soon-to-be vacant manager's job at Liverpool, after Rafael Benitez’s resignation.

When Jamie Carragher becomes the manager of Liverpool Football Club, every member of NNN to have a turn sitting in the so-called life- long president seat at Anfield.

A 50% price reduction from NNN’s senior group SOS on share issues.

Jamie Carragher to speak to Rick Parry and persuade him to let all members of NNN to have a drive in his new Ferrari.

The cake-kidnappers say the sweet spoils will be eaten if their demands are not met.

Do you know what has become of Carra’s cake? Call the Insider on 0151 472-2497.

Thought Fans from outside the region would want to read this. Been on the local news here in Liverpool.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: What's happened to Jamie Carragher's birthday cake?
      Reply #1: Feb 07, 2008 05:01:47 pm

You'd think the NNN would have targeted someone like Parry wouldn't you. Why didn't they take his new car!
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2008 05:12:56 pm
      Wait, what?!?!?!?!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2008 05:30:52 pm
      Its not April fools day already is it.  :holyshit:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4: Feb 08, 2008 01:06:24 am
      Pissed off.

My 30th birthday cake wasn't as good as that. :(
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #5: Feb 08, 2008 01:15:05 am
      Call themselves Liverpool fans and they F**k up the birthday celebrations of a Liverpool legend?
      Sick in the f***in head and should be bloody ashamed of themselves the spineless tw*ts.
      Hope JC gets hold of 'em and gives 'em a f***in good kickin - bas**rds. How dare they. cu*ts.

Couldn't be arsed putting this in the swear box think cos it's pissed me off!  >:(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Feb 08, 2008 01:19:17 am
      Call themselves Liverpool fans and they F**k up the birthday celebrations of a Liverpool legend?
      Sick in the f***in head and should be bloody ashamed of themselves the spineless tw*ts.
      Hope JC gets hold of 'em and gives 'em a f***in good kickin - bas**rds. How dare they. cu*ts.

Couldn't be arsed putting this in the swear box think cos it's pissed me off!  >:(

Is the whole story not a bit  :f_tongueincheek:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #7: Feb 08, 2008 01:27:04 am
      Didn't Jamie Carragher scare of some burglars when his neighbor was getting burgled?
      These thieves better keep well away, because you wouldn't like Jamie when he's angry >:D

PS... I have to thank JD here, if it wasn't for the spell checker I would be pretty much buggered! :lmao:
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Feb 08, 2008 08:17:08 am
      Its kinda funny in a way but I dont like the overtones of threatening to cut the slices off and send them back. It kinda reminds of the the sick cutting of heads off from those militant bastads in Iraq then filming it. But like JD says its all
       :f_tongueincheek: :f_tongueincheek:
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #9: Feb 08, 2008 08:27:08 am

I think you'll find it's a wind up mate.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10: Feb 08, 2008 11:01:45 am
      HAHA it sounds funny reading about people holding a cake for ransom
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #11: Feb 08, 2008 01:25:51 pm
      I think you'll find it's a wind up mate.

I think he might know this. ;D

At least I hope he does. ???
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #12: Feb 08, 2008 05:09:11 pm
      Haha , funny that

....that cake looks boss , i want a piece !
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #13: Feb 08, 2008 05:17:54 pm
      If hes that rich, why doesn't he just buy another one!?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #14: Feb 08, 2008 05:39:27 pm
      If hes that rich, why doesn't he just buy another one!?

I don't know about rich mate but he's certainly generous!

Ray Kennedy appeal boost after Jamie Carragher's great gesture

Feb 8 2008 David Prentice Liverpool Echo

PROOF that Jamie Carragher can keep his hands below his chest . . . and get them all the way down into his pockets.

Carra handed over £500 this week, despite WINNING a bet hatched at an airport carousel in Marseille.

Tiring of the ongoing furore surrounding the Goodison derby match penalty which wasn’t, he snapped: “If you can get through to the end of the year without mentioning Clattenburg, I’ll give £500 to charity.

“Actually make that Clattenburg, and the School of Science!”

It sounded more of a certainty than Mike Riley awarding a spot kick at Old Trafford. Except Jamie’s probably seen how good my betting is in the Football Echo.

We got to December 29, then I described Mikel Arteta as: “. . . a sumptuous footballer in the school of science mould.”

D’oh!

Did Jamie take the easy way out?

What do you think?

He ignored the ransom demand for his missing birthday cake and insisted on handing over the cash . . . provided it went to the Ray of Hope Appeal for suffering former Anfield star Ray Kennedy.

Delighted to oblige. And anybody else who wants to contribute can make paypal donations to rayofhopeappeal@hotmail.co.uk, or pay direct contributions to the Ray of Hope Appeal c/o HSBC account 21817299 sort-code 40-03-27. Paying direct or doing a bank transfer will avoid paypal commission.

Since Parkinson’s Disease ravaged his body at the age of 34, Kennedy has had to put his caps and medals up for auction.

He has had no steady income since his 1991 testimonial, is unable to cash in on coaching, media or after-dinner work and his condition has seriously deteriorated.

Goodwill gestures like those from Carragher will be warmly received.l COME on, own up. Who kidnapped Jamie Carragher’s 30th birthday cake? Checking out the waistlines of his Anfield team-mates, my money’s on Andriy Voronin.

So much genorosity from JC and still the bitter Dave Prentice has to put in the hands below the chest jibe......Penalty!! Never in a million years  ;)
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008 05:42:05 pm by Glenbuck »
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #15: Feb 08, 2008 06:03:44 pm
      Footballer's are certainly rich, and everyone knows how generous he is, maybe I should give him the date of my birthday ;) ;D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #16: Feb 09, 2008 08:12:54 am
      Read about this the other day thought it was well funny,get Gene Hunt on the case.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Feb 09, 2008 01:19:21 pm
      Called the :police: :mf_bobby:  :f_bluelight:, done abit of :f_run:, sat by the  :action-smiley-057: and found that this man is responsible:

He is known to be a cheating c**t and a notorious thief. He was last seen on Merseyside running from a pack of Scousers holding pitchforkes and threatening to cut his sh*t off. Any information regarding his where abouts should be made to the Liverpool public for cross examination and physical labour for the few years left in his life.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: Feb 11, 2008 08:44:39 am
      Ok i come clean it was me very nice it was to.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #19: Feb 11, 2008 04:04:15 pm
      Haha its been found and returned
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #20: Feb 11, 2008 04:15:25 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/02/11/jamie-carragher-s-30th-birthday-cake-returns-100252-20461692/

JAMIE Carragher was reunited with his 30th birthday cake when it was returned before Liverpool’s game against Chelsea.

The spectacular birthday confection was given back to the Reds star a week after it was pinched during his birthday party at the Sir Thomas hotel.

It was held to ransom by a splinter group of the recently-formed Sons of Shankly (SOS) fans’ group.

Culprits The Nieces and Nephews of Nessie even sent a list of mock demands before leaving it outside the Cafe Sports England, which is part-owned by Carragher, yesterday.

A spokesman said: “What we set out to achieve has been reached. There are no personal issues as we all admire Jamie Carragher and all believe we should have a team of Carraghers.”

Hope he saved me a slice.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #21: Feb 11, 2008 08:15:47 pm
      I'm so confused right now..
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #22: Feb 11, 2008 08:18:27 pm
      His cake was stolen and then given back, all in all if he ate it first it never would have happened.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #23: Feb 11, 2008 08:43:56 pm
      Horrible Evertonian scals I bet.

Oh well.  I suppose Jamie can afford about 114251514 of them...
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #24: Feb 12, 2008 12:03:20 am
      This is just a case of some people having their Cake and eating it

:D
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2008 12:24:11 am by LondonRed »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Feb 12, 2008 02:02:17 pm
      Hope he's applied for his coaching badges anyways! ::)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Feb 15, 2008 01:18:02 pm
      This story takes the cake for me  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply