Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ronaldo finished?

Read 2406 times
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Ronaldo finished?
      Feb 14, 2008 08:31:27 am
      Official - Ronaldo tendon severed
      Wednesday 13 February, 2008

Milan have now confirmed Ronaldo has completely severed the tendon in his left knee, effectively ending his career.

The striker collapsed as he jumped to reach a cross during tonight’s 1-1 draw with Livorno and immediately the situation seemed to be serious.

His teammates waved for medical staff and called for a substitution as he was stretchered off the field in tears.

Ronaldo was rushed to a local hospital to undergo tests and initial reports suggesting he had completely severed the tendon were confirmed on the official Rossoneri website.

Ronnie has already suffered this type of injury twice before in 1998 and 2000, but that was in his right knee.

As there was talk of a possible retirement at the end of this season, if the diagnosis is confirmed then it is likely Ronaldo’s career is over.

An injury of this type requires a player to be out of action for between nine months and a year
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: Ronaldo finished?
      Reply #1: Feb 14, 2008 09:41:07 am
      Sure hope that never happens to any of our players
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Feb 14, 2008 09:55:39 am
      Just wish it was the other Ronaldo that big headed little c**t who plays for the SCUM. He needs to be out for sometime that little tw*t to make him feel humble instead of thinking himself the Jesus Christ of football..
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #3: Feb 14, 2008 10:11:36 am
      Agree about Man Ure Ronaldo's attitude , but R.E. A.C.Milans Ronaldo i wouldn't wish that type of injury on anyone but glad he won't be about in may when we beat them again ! ;D
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 14, 2008 10:50:12 am
      I'll assume he's finished for good now...

Such a sad end for a great player....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Feb 14, 2008 08:14:14 pm
      Such a sad end for a great player....

If he is finished it certainly is a sad end to a player who was a great talent a few years ago. When he played for Barca he was pure class.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #6: Feb 14, 2008 11:08:38 pm
      He should retire already
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #7: Feb 15, 2008 12:47:35 am
      I really hope he can fully recover from this, and have the strength of mind to put it behind him.
      He was without doubt, one of the great players when he was on form. A truly formidable forward with all the attributes.

He is unfortunately one of the few great players (of recent times) I have never seen play in the flesh.

Get well soon to the one and only REAL Ronaldo.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #8: Feb 15, 2008 04:28:01 pm
      I really hope he recovers from this, he was an idol of mine growing up. Absolute genius with the ball, if such a great mans career ends in this way then it will be such a shame.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Feb 15, 2008 05:18:20 pm
      Get well soon to the one and only REAL Ronaldo.

Well said Tommo  ;)
      Cy
      Reply #10: Feb 15, 2008 07:31:33 pm
      Just wish it was the other Ronaldo that big headed little c**t who plays for the SCUM. He needs to be out for sometime that little tw*t to make him feel humble instead of thinking himself the Jesus Christ of football..

hummm..I wouldn't wish that type of injury to anyone, even man u ronaldo...quite pathetic comment..

I hope he managed to get back from it and finish his career decently, he certainly deserve it...get well soon Ronaldo..
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #11: Feb 16, 2008 08:01:01 pm
      Sad that to such a good footballer no-one deserves to finish that way but in one way he was lucky to have played in this era when footballers are treated like celebs and I'm sure he can take care of his family so why the sh*te do I feel sorry for the guy when he's so bloody lucky to do a job he's loved doing...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Feb 25, 2008 03:30:52 am
      One of the greatest strikers I have ever seen play the game probably just behind thierry. Hope he recovers from this injury and leaves the game on a positive rather than a negative. On the note of cristiano, I wouldnt wish this on anyone and as much as he loves himself right now, he deserves to, I hate the mancs but ronaldo is playing the best football of his life and youve gotta give it to him he is out of this world.
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2008 03:49:49 pm by lil cisse »
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #13: Feb 26, 2008 02:42:41 pm
      Sure he may past his best, but he 's the greatest striker to play the game in my lifetime, and the all time leading goal socrer /pie eater in world cup finals. no other player could manouver with the ball at such high speeds, a true freak, who always looked to be enjoying himself on the pitch.
      Said to see it will probally end this way for him.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #14: Feb 26, 2008 03:57:49 pm
      Sure he may past his best, but he 's the greatest striker to play the game in my lifetime, and the all time leading goal socrer /pie eater in world cup finals. no other player could manouver with the ball at such high speeds, a true freak, who always looked to be enjoying himself on the pitch.
      Said to see it will probally end this way for him.
      Not sure he would see it that way!  ;D

Quick Reply