Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

How much would you let morientes go for

Read 8775 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Mar 11, 2006 03:06:07 pm
      How much would all you let morientes go for. i'd let him go for free he can't adapt to the english game. 8)
      DaveyG
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #1: Mar 11, 2006 04:26:33 pm
      £5 million.  Let's hope he does something in the World Cup to inflate the price a bit.
      kopite1
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      how much would you let morientes go for?
      Reply #2: Mar 11, 2006 05:27:03 pm
      have to agree with liverbird and let him go for free.he doesnt have a place in english football :?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #3: Mar 12, 2006 09:37:15 am
      He isn't going to go for free - he is on a long term deal and is admired in many parts of Europe.  He doesn't become a bad player overnight - he is obviously just strugglin with the English game.

I expect us to get back more than half we paid for him, or he could be used as a makeweight in some swap deal.
      andyfisher
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      mori
      Reply #4: Mar 13, 2006 07:57:26 am
      you cant be serious,.. nobody will touch him with a pole, id pay somebody to get him out of the club
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #5: Mar 13, 2006 08:21:07 pm
      Reckon a whole host of Spanish clubs would pay a few million for him back.
      RD33red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 19, 2006 03:36:51 am
      i'd buy him for our local pub team, do u think rafa would except some peseta's i found down the back of my couch?
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 25, 2006 08:16:52 pm
      I honestly reckon we could do a bit of business on him.

All depends on the World Cup like was said earlier.
      zen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 26, 2006 04:47:07 am
      honestly speaking i would rather crouch go instead of nando. anybody concur?
      Cali Scouser
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 26, 2006 08:33:08 am
      Quote from: "zen"

Please tell me you're joking...
      zen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 26, 2006 10:41:24 am
      Quote from: "Cali Scouser"
      Quote from: "zen"

Please tell me you're joking...

nope, I am not.

look at how he managed to get more fouls than ball when his teammate loop or cross the ball to him. when he tries to jump, he lose his direction in his header. the only time when he score, is when he don't jump ( I guess that's the only advantage over any striker for he connects to the ball w/o jumping given his height) but then that also happens he was lucky to have defenders losing sight of him.

he can't control the ball, he can't create chances, he's as good as heskey, except that he's tall and not as muscle as the latter. keke...
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Mar 26, 2006 01:09:06 pm
      Sell him back to another European side, we'd get a bit for him then.  He can't adapt to the Premiership so would be worth more abroad where he can play.  After all, we bought him based on his previous performances and he's a proven goal scorer at Real Zaragoza, Real Madrid , Monaco etc and he's an international so he must be worth a couple of bob on the market. :D
      Pablo
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -1 
      Reply #12: Mar 27, 2006 07:27:29 pm
      Zen , you've got to be havin a laugh , morientes has done F**k all !
      Crouchy is well the better of the 2 . I'd sell Morientes for a packet of cheese and onion  and a pint , but I know we'll get well more than that for him , as he'll still command a fair price on the continent .
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #13: Mar 27, 2006 08:44:56 pm
      Quote from: "Pablo"
      I'd sell Morientes for a packet of cheese and onion  and a pint , but I know we'll get well more than that for him

£4 million minimum, mark my words.........
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #14: Mar 27, 2006 08:47:57 pm
      i think we will get at least 7 million for him on the continent
      zen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #15: Mar 28, 2006 04:30:01 am
      Quote from: "Pablo"
      Zen , you've got to be havin a laugh , morientes has done F**k all !
      Crouchy is well the better of the 2 . I'd sell Morientes for a packet of cheese and onion  and a pint , but I know we'll get well more than that for him , as he'll still command a fair price on the continent .

ok ok ok .. crouch is good, nando is bad.

:roll:
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #16: May 16, 2006 09:27:56 pm
      Just thought I would resurrect this old post - because now he isn't in the Spain squad it could really reduce his value.

I think we are going to get rid of him in some part-ex deal.

Anyone else agree - in terms of cost - Benitez' biggest Liverpool flop?
      Biggie
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #17: May 17, 2006 08:51:25 am
      In terms of cost? Yeah, definitely. He came with a great pedigree, but hasn't really done much. I honestly believe I could have scored more goals this season than him. And I'm sh*te.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #18: May 17, 2006 09:54:01 am
      Quote from: "Jabba"
      Just thought I would resurrect this old post - because now he isn't in the Spain squad it could really reduce his value.

I think we are going to get rid of him in some part-ex deal.

Anyone else agree - in terms of cost - Benitez' biggest Liverpool flop?

Totally agree with your post Jabba.
      Garcia10
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #19: May 17, 2006 10:06:11 am
      Guys i might get a slatin 4 this but

A player dont get bad over night.

How long has he been with us?
      Not that long im sure.

rafa must see something in him.
      Dont forget we all slated kewell for the last 2 prev seasons and and look how amazin he was this one.

Give him a chance.

P.s that dont mean i dont want 2 new strikers. Kuyt & Aguero for me.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #20: May 17, 2006 11:21:19 am
      I agree with Garcia10, He still shows glimpses of class when he's playing, but i think he is so down on confidence he doesnt know what to do with himself. He is a class player but he is gettin on, i would like him to stay and not be sold but if he goes in part x for a younger player (poss joaquin/alvas/villa etc) then i will be sad that he's gone but if its for the best for LFC then it must be done.

Come on Morro!!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: May 17, 2006 01:20:10 pm
      Moro has always been a trier, you can see it in his face everytime he misses the net,  unfortunately he's not premiership material, its not his style, he always looks like he's getting pushed around like a little boy lost to me !!    Good luck to him wherever he goes, but if we're to make a serious challenge for the PL next season i'm afraid he's got to go.  Sorry Moro  :(
      Biggie
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #22: May 17, 2006 02:04:56 pm
      He's said himself if he's not playing, he won't stay.

To which I say - if you're not scoring, you wont play.

How hard's that to work out? He's had a season and a half to do the business and hasn't. Waste of money.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #23: May 17, 2006 04:14:38 pm
      Ok Morientes isnt the stricker he was a real madrid. but he has stil got the skills and movement of a youngester! i would keep him and play him in midfield were he started out at madrid be for the got shot shy. i think he would be good in a attackin midfield position for us.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #24: May 17, 2006 05:26:54 pm
      first of all how can u say crouch is better than morientes? crouch is a donkey!! did any of u watch the fa cup final? ;D of course you did... okay back to business, we should get rid of crouch and morientes get a good striker and pongolle back then i think we will start seeing goals.
      if u doubt me watch the lpool v luton match we were sh*te until pongolle came on!!
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #25: May 18, 2006 12:59:32 pm
      Honestly both crouch and nando are sh-te neither should play for the great lfc, both should be sold but as everyone has seen this season there not worth what we paid for them in fact we'd be lucky to get half back. so sell the pair and go for an out and out goal scorer bellamy,defoe or bent would fit the bill far better than the two in question.
      Biggie
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #26: May 18, 2006 02:45:22 pm
      Crouch's build-up play is impressive. Who knocked it down for Stevie to equalise in Cardiff?
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #27: May 18, 2006 04:36:26 pm
      Quote from: "Biggie"
      He's said himself if he's not playing, he won't stay.

To which I say - if you're not scoring, you wont play.

How hard's that to work out? He's had a season and a half to do the business and hasn't. Waste of money.

Excellent post mate.  Summed it up entirely.  

I think he will be included in some kind of swap deal + cash.
      Olkien
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #28: May 19, 2006 06:29:33 pm
      Try and do a part exchange with either Sevilla for Alves or Athletico for Torres (wishful thinking i know). It could knock either price down by 3-4m hopefully. Wages could be a problem.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #29: May 20, 2006 08:55:16 pm
      true but i think we should get rid of crouchy and nando, keep pongolle, fowler, cisse get gonzales to play up front on the odd occasion buy a quality striker.
      I think we should get owen back!!
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #30: May 21, 2006 08:42:34 am
      Why bring back a player who wanted to leave the club? OK on his day owen can still be class but i've never understood why if a player wants to leave the club thats been his home all his life and have made him what he is then just turns his back on them why bring him back.If that makes sense (dont know its still a bit early.)
      rikki_RED4LIFE
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #31: May 21, 2006 08:32:03 pm
      bout 5- 6 mill i fink
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #32: May 21, 2006 08:39:20 pm
      no one will pay 6m for Nando now we will be lucky to get 3-4m.As for Cisse some one in France should pay about 10m for him so lets hope Rafa can find the right players for us to push on to the title.
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #33: May 22, 2006 07:03:01 am
      In todays post a few clubs including betis and fenerbache are looking at nando so things are looking up and he might be on his way out no price known as yet , fenerbahce are in there centenary season and have a bit of money to splash so lets hope for a fair price. ;D
      bambam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #34: May 23, 2006 12:52:28 am
      We are now a team on the up and we want to compete for the league, nine points behind is close but it isnt competing, we are only competing for second place at the mo.......

we need results and that means being capable of getting results week in week out regardless of individual form.

For example remember the mid nineties and the torcher of  seeing those most damaging of scorelines: Cantona 1-0 on final score when the scum wernt plaing well but when the scum were winning everything? ok cantona wernt a striker but my point is that they did win consistantly and that was a very regular scorline. the scum made that monotonous consistancy a habit

consistancy is what wins the premier league, morientes is a striker, a striker showing consistancy is a striker who is scoring

we can no longer wait for players to bed in over a long period. he's had his chance if he cant do it then get rid...give him away  just to get him off the wage bill.I think we need to be slightly more pragmatic in our approach, pedigree is all well and good but if a striker can't score what is it worth

The quality of morientes was meant to be the platform upon which we could build a dynamic attack. Luckily we have Stevie G. He's stepped into the breach and is building his own pedigree, but he's pulled the team up that many times and on the back of a 63 game season, doesnt anybody out there worry for him? Could we keep winning if he burns himself out?

I hope you guys agree
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #35: May 23, 2006 06:25:07 am
      Bambam very good post and agree totaly.As you stated we cant wait for all the new players to bed in,so all in all we need proven prem goal scorers this time round but who if any are there to bring in? Defoe Bent or maybe even Bellamey are any of these really good enough  :?:
      Olkien
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #36: May 23, 2006 12:08:45 pm
      bambam and debever make a good point. Even if we could afford someone like Torres or Joaquin, there is no guarantee they will bed in successfully to the tougher English game. I believe it even took Alonso a little while, and i still believe that sometimes Rafa doesn't like to play him in certain away games.
      bambam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #37: May 25, 2006 02:23:33 am
      I suppose this is what separates good managers from great managers.

Ofcourse there is a bedding in period with players, but in todays ultra fast paced league and the need to have instant results this period is incredibly short and there is a requirment (unfair or not) to be ready to play effectivley, almost as soon as they arrive

selecting a player on just pedigree and past performances is one thing, but selecting a player ( especially one with pedigree/reputation etc) to fit in to an already functioning team is another. (remember tino at Newcastle? )

And who is out there that could really fit in and do the job? Defo, Bent and Bellamy are all well and good. personally I dont think they would suit our "style" of play and the never say day attitude that has come to the front of our game would be lost on Defoe and Bent (ONLY MY OPINION!!!)

Having said all that i think there is now a subtle change in Rafa's approach since he first joined us. European football is very different from English football and I think Rafa may have been caught out by that ( the moreintes signing for example, not that that was detrimental, you can't argue with winning the Champions League!), I suppose even he had to bed in (again ONLY MY OPINION) If Rafa had gone to say.......Italy or France and had signed morientes, they would have done ok....but Rafa has shown his true brilliance and rapid adaptability with the signing of the likes of Momo Sissoko  who has really fit in well with the team and the league.

It is obvious that we do need a few more signings, morientes, sadly, hasnt worked out for us. I am excited to see who he brings in and am looking forward to the prospect of next season. Yes because of him we won the champions league and the FA cup, but to me the league is our holy grail, what Rafa does now in order to bring the league back to us will be what defines him to me as a great manager.

The champions league and FA cup were fantastic achievements, and Rafa has made being a liverpool fan fun again, but the premiership is what its really all about.

what do you all reckon?
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #38: May 25, 2006 06:46:54 am
      Sorry bam bam but due to your post being that bloody long i forgot what the question was to start with anyway good post again totaly agree and lets just hope the prem can be ares next season with some class signings.
      bambam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #39: May 25, 2006 07:20:53 am
      debever,

hehe. yeah time on on my hands and lots to say, glad you agree though.

cheers
      bambam
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #40: May 25, 2006 02:22:40 pm
      Spot on  BamBam it hasn't been this much fun for years we can actually start looking forward to matches with the knowledge that we have an ever improving side and an excellent manager and that we can compete with the very best sides and beat them.

THE RAFALUTION IS HERE

Quick Reply