Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Match Thread Liverpool V Barnsley FA Cup

Read 11501 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool V Barnsley FA Cup
      Reply #184: Feb 17, 2008 03:20:19 am
      Not overly disappointed with the display, created chances and failed to execute again. Us and the Arse are out, now we can concentrate on the CL and winning more games in the league. Walk on lads, dont be too disappointed. Its been an FA Cup where the big guns are being hunted by the lower teams. The media will have a blinder but we all know that it's just that kind of year.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6832 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #185: Feb 17, 2008 03:39:47 am
      absolutely gutted..can't believe this is happening to our great club.

At the start of the match, I thought Rafa has put out a pretty decent lineup here, with the exception of Stevie not being on the ground. I really felt during the match, that we battered them..chance after chance went begging. When was the ball ever going to go in the back of the net? Then Kuyt, scored finally, I was so happy for him and I thought here we go, the floodgates are going to open for him and for us. I yelled at Kuyt through the tv, Kuyt you scored because for once you were in the fcukin box...that's where you gotta be all the friggin time.

As the game wore on, I just kept getting that bad feeling that if they level it we're going to have a real fight to stay in the tie...it's just the way things have been going for us in the last few months, that made me feel this way. So of course they score, firstly because Riise gave whoever the fcuk it was the space and time on that flank to get the cross in the first place...he really should have closed him down, but no he let him get the cross in and then one against 3 defenders and the fcukin 1 wins..... :f_steam:   1-1

To make matters worse, Rafa then decides to take Ryan off and replace him with Harry. No probs with Harry being on the field, but why the fcuk Rafa didn't take Benayoun off and either replace him with Pennant or push HK out left and bring RB out to the right is beyond me. Sometimes, I just wish Rafa would fcukin log on to this site and read what we have to say, he might learn someting, from us the fans. :(

The inevitable was always going to happen in stoppage time, their fans going of their heads spurring them on but when their second one flew in, I actually thought for a second the ref, had blown the whistle just prior to the shot as I thought
      he was going to pull Xabi(who I thought had a fantastic match until Lucas decided to take him out :P) up for a handball just outside the box as he was trying to clear the ball out of defense. I thought we stopped for a second, thinking that he blew his whistle, the only problem was that Barnsley didn't and next thing you know the balls in the back of the net and they're celebrating ;D

I can't believe that their keeper played an absolute blinder, what is it with goalies doing so well at Anfield, they seem to grow into 10 feet giants when they play at Anfield and stop almost everything,

As usual spot on Cas, before I read all 7 pages, I was going to write the same thing.. I just don't get it....how many times have we seen it in the past, a keeper comes to our ground and plays the game of his fcukin life. They never do it against the scum, the arse or Chelski but they do it against us and they become instant heroes and the next day they're all over the headlines but after that you never hear of them again, unless of course they come to Anfield again and usually it's with a different club. :f_steam:

Fcuk, I'm pissed off, just roll on Tuesday and for the fans sake, I hope it's a whole fcukin lot better, I hate not being able to read the paper the day after a match or watch any of the sports news. :-[
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #186: Feb 17, 2008 03:50:23 am
      As usual spot on Cas, before I read all 7 pages, I was going to write the same thing.. I just don't get it....how many times have we seen it in the past, a keeper comes to our ground and plays the game of his fcukin life.

Bloody tell me about it! Van Der Sar plays like a f***in god on Fifa when i play the Scum! :f_steam:
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #187: Feb 17, 2008 08:38:04 am
      Bloody tell me about it! Van Der Sar plays like a f***in god on Fifa when I play the Scum! :f_steam:
      ahaha, na this isn't a game of Fifa although it is like a game in Fifa, one team dominates the other comes out on top....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #188: Feb 17, 2008 08:44:31 am
      ahaha, na this isn't a game of Fifa although it is like a game in Fifa, one team dominates the other comes out on top....

Mind you i win though! What ticks me off id the BBC talkback forums are full of Rafa out backers and also LFC.tv. F**k sake.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #189: Feb 17, 2008 08:52:42 am
      At the end of the day, they had a great goalie, we had a sh*t one.   :-\  David Martin would of made a better job of it.
      Brown LFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -34 
      Reply #190: Feb 17, 2008 10:09:43 am
      The writing was on the walls, LFC team performances over the past two months had been a total shambles under the clever Benitez, and I was not surprised at all when Barnsley has beaten us yesterday. Under Benitez, we have no partten, no shape, no support play, no passing game, bad negative tactics, which resulted in kicking long balls and hope for the best. Benitez has lost the plot for long time and espacially this season.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #191: Feb 17, 2008 10:56:17 am
      I can't believe you all are saying that losing wasn't our fault.  The truth is that we didn't create enough 'clear cut' chances (which even Kuyt and Voronin could score). 

At the end of the day you make your own Luck!!

When a loved one dies, you soon realise regardless of what happens the world will keep turning and trust me Liverpool is not dead!!

I like Rafa, you will see by my earlier posts that I do question him and believe that winning the Champions league in 2005 has lifted him to an untouchable level in many of your eyes.  I like Rafa, but I Love Liverpool.   I don't know whether replacing Rafa will improve things, but we don't seem to be going in the right direction at the moment.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #192: Feb 17, 2008 11:53:02 am
      I like Rafa, you will see by my earlier posts that I do question him and believe that winning the Champions league in 2005 has lifted him to an untouchable level in many of your eyes. 

Agree mate, some calls are questionable but his early succes may bring his early downfall if some so called 'fans' dont see it is only his 4th season and now have a squad to be proud of. Cut some slack and see it from a broader picture ffs.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #193: Feb 17, 2008 01:56:05 pm
      Its like the whole world is against liverpool and rafa. E*****n lost to oldham, did they get slated??? NO!       United lost 2-0 to coventry, did they get slated??? NO!  whats worse is that the united players got praised yet we lose to barnsley and its the end of the world and the biggest sin ever commited
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #194: Feb 17, 2008 02:05:06 pm
      To be fair it was just one of those days. They seem to happening alot though these days. If we beat Inter on Tuesday, this result will become easier to take (not forgotten though)

That Manc-Arsenal game was great saturday evening viewing though. It was a dazzling display from United in all fairness

Time to support Portsmouth though in the competition though I think :)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #195: Feb 17, 2008 02:05:11 pm
      Its like the whole world is against liverpool and rafa. E*****n lost to oldham, did they get slated??? NO!       United lost 2-0 to coventry, did they get slated??? NO!  whats worse is that the united players got praised yet we lose to barnsley and its the end of the world and the biggest sin ever commited

Get used to it matey, everyone in the media loves to hate the Reds and finds every opportunity to have a go.  It just goes over my head now, if you dwell on it it just makes you more and more angry.  Channel all that energy into supporting our beloved Reds, things will work themselves out For Sure    ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #196: Feb 17, 2008 06:00:36 pm
      I am so very sorry, but I did laugh when watching Sky Sports News it came up that they had scored, especially in the 90th min.

Fair play though their goals were cracking, and smaller teams knocking out the bigger ones is what the FA Cup is about!! Liverpool can concentrate on the Champs League and getting 4th place in the League I guess..

Quick Reply