Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

A Disgrace

Read 12453 times
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Re: A Disgrace
      Reply #92: Feb 18, 2008 12:16:02 pm
      in the right place then for meeting tossers then dont you think,Crouch,englands centre forward,did'nt make the euro's,voronin,a pudding if ever i seen one,in the jimmy carter bracket,kuyt,a donkey and a workhorse,the championship is full of those,the least you expect is a pro to work hard,benayoun,israel,not in the euro's either,babel,he does'nt get in the side enough,Kewel...enough said about him the better,aurellio, another poor buy,as for the youth team...Rafa does'nt seem to agree with you on that....2 recent youth cups and no-one breaking through,62 professionals on the books...look at the league it does'nt lie. i ask again..how bad does it have to get before you people take of the tinted glasses and wise up?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #93: Feb 18, 2008 12:22:20 pm
      An interesting topic! Nice bit of revision on the usual arguments to be honest though! ;)

Anyone who says we should be doing better after spending £50m in the summer is full of sh*t. Despite the fact that we didn't spend that much, Chelsea spent the best part of £100m in a summer and still didn't win the league after that! Only after further spending did they get their first one!

As has been mentioned before, we're creating so so many chances but they're not being converted. This, as Eddie has repeatedly put it means that the problem is the players who should be converting them! I haven't been on for a bit but I can plainly see that rednblack is a bullshit merchant! :-\ Do you see Rafa at the front, missing chances? If the chances are being created then Rafa has got the tactics right!

no hidden agenda against the club at all,just the manager I dont like,I would'nt like to give him a blank cheque,he has wasted enough money already,but you still have'nt told me what you think is unacceptable,and what happens then

See the replies that were posted previous to that bullshit statement? F*cking read them you div! And if you're going to say he's wasted money then f*cking state who he's wasted the moeny on!

And what would be unnacceptable at the end of this season? Having narrow minded little dipshits such as yourself still believing all they read in the press and dragging the name of our club down by wanting rid of a manager who could potentially kick off another run of league titles?
      redleg
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #94: Feb 18, 2008 01:22:09 pm
      Surely everyone's seen the relevance of the recent results and Paco Herrera leaving the club, I don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to realise that.

I work with a load of manure fans, they never go but know everything about football, problem is I can't disagree with what they keep telling me:

STOP CHANGING THE TEAM,!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICK THE BEST AND STICK WITH IT, ONLY CHANGE WHEN NEEDED, ITS NO GOOD HAVING 'FRESH' PLAYERS IN MAY WHEN WE ARE OUT OF EVERY FECKING COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:f_steam:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #95: Feb 18, 2008 01:27:57 pm
      Surely everyone's seen the relevance of the recent results and Paco Herrera leaving the club, I don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to realise that.

I work with a load of manure fans, they never go but know everything about football, problem is I can't disagree with what they keep telling me:

STOP CHANGING THE TEAM,!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICK THE BEST AND STICK WITH IT, ONLY CHANGE WHEN NEEDED, ITS NO GOOD HAVING 'FRESH' PLAYERS IN MAY WHEN WE ARE OUT OF EVERY FECKING COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know that he doesn't pick the best team each time? Are you at each and every training session and assess how each of the players he's left out have looked in the sessions leading upto a match?

Maybe a bad example using the Barnsley line up, but seriously? Do you really think that the side he put out was sh*te? That it was entirely incapable of disposing of lower league opposition? The way we weren't putting chances away suggests that we probably wouldn't have won had Gerrard and Mascherano been played anyway!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #96: Feb 18, 2008 01:28:24 pm

I think you're getting your Pako A and Paco H mixed up in your fit of anger, but take the point... so should he have risked Torres on Saturday is the point you are making... and it sounds like a yes from here...

So following on..if Nando would have pulled up lame like he did last time after returning early from a hamstring injury ...and we would be needing Kuyt to knock them in tomorrow against Inter - WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE SHOUTED ABOUT THEN????????????????????????????????

So for you, the FA Cup is a higher priority than the Champions League - that is what you are saying right...?

Risk Gerrard all game and Torres too... wtf.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #97: Feb 18, 2008 01:35:51 pm
      Results dont lie 1 win in the last 10 games hardly fil;ls you with confidence does it?I wonder how many folk will still be backing Rafa when we go crashing out of the Champions league.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,141 posts | 1619 
      Reply #98: Feb 18, 2008 01:38:54 pm
      Results dont lie 1 win in the last 10 games hardly fil;ls you with confidence does it?I wonder how many folk will still be backing Rafa when we go crashing out of the Champions league.
      there's a way to support your team the day before the game which their whole season and possibly the managers future hinges on. Get behind them!!
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #99: Feb 18, 2008 01:57:55 pm

What if Rafa's idea of his best 11 doesn't match yours ?

He's back to square one then. "I don't get why Rafa plays the same 11 every week when so and so is sitting on the bench"

Your best 11, my best 11, Rafa's best 11 no doubt will all be different.

So the guy can't win really can he ?
      redleg
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #100: Feb 18, 2008 02:24:40 pm
      There shouldn't be a difference to how we pick a team for the fa cup, league, champions league, or the mickey mouse cup, but let's pick the best one!!

And why do you have to play everybody for 90 minutes, when we were 5-0 up on Sat he could have taken Gerrard, Masher, and whoever else he wanted off!

And for leaving so and so on the bench, the three best players we had were there, no doubt saving themselves for tomorrow night.

What will Rafa say when we get beaten then???

"To pressmen after signing the centre back Ron Yeats: ‘He’s a Colossus – take a walk round him"
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #101: Feb 18, 2008 02:56:12 pm
      Because of INJURIES. people seem to be blind to the fact that injuries  matter and do happen especially this season our injuries problems have been bizarre and its obvious that every team prioritises certain competitions over others. Do you think any of the top 4 prioritise the carling cup over any other competition NO. there is a reason.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #102: Feb 18, 2008 05:19:57 pm
      Having been away for a week and coming back to find a million topics on essentially the same thing - our poor performances - I have to say that although the players should take the largest part of the criticism for a lack of desire and skill in recent weeks, Benitez also needs to look long and hard at himself.

I think he is the best available to us at the moment, I still do.  But something is going wrong - rotation, the owners.  To be honest after watching that performance to then see the demonstrations after the game turned my stomach.

What kind of football club are we turning in to?
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #103: Feb 18, 2008 05:28:54 pm
      The thing that confuses me is that people say Rafa "rotates" his players but other managers "rest" players ???

You may also want a read of this too - Benitez 100% commited
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #104: Feb 18, 2008 07:56:06 pm
      I see that we are 5 points worse off now than this time last year so could Daniel Agger be missed so much that we have become a worse team or could it be that the players brought in are not as good as those we let go.When I watch the team this year I always think we have a weakness in defence and are there for the taking.Our inability to score in games always leave us open to the sucker punch no matter how much we dominate (Man C) away a prime example of a game we should have won easily.

The cup game was along the same lines we dominated and were making a lot of chances yet for all the domination we made it easy for their keeper to reach the ball when what was needed was a little intelligence to place shots and headers out of their keepers reach and the only time it happened all afternoon was for our goal otherwise they were all in their keepers reach and boy didn't we make him look good (and lets be honest he'll probably never play like that again).I see they have drawn Chelsea so good luck to their keeper.

Now what I want to see against Inter is a reaction and a dam good one the players owe Raffa and fans big time so lets see what they give us on Wednesday where I hope all who play stand up to be counted...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #105: Feb 19, 2008 12:38:55 am
      We keep saying we are creating loads of chances but not converting them. Our 'chances always seem to be in a crowded box with the red shirts vastly out numbered by the oposition. How often do we break from defence with speed and quick inter passing, flowing, creative penetrating passes, arriving around the oposition box out numbering the defence. Thats right, hardly ever. Our build up play is to slow and too square. When we do get to the oposition box, we're outnumbered. Our chances become 'half chances'. Torres seems to be the only player prepared to run directly at the oposition with pace and confidence. Mabey Gerrard on occasions, every thing else is too slow and becomes too crowded with blocks and deflections and snatched shots. We defend set pieces like amateurs and we still expect to win the prem. Lack of confidence or lack of ability ? Hope its a lot better tonight !
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #106: Feb 19, 2008 11:03:31 am
      What kind of football club are we turning in to?

One will not very much playing quality in depth - not that difficult to fathom JD.

We think we are top 4, we should be top 4, but our playing squad (on current form) is NOT top 4. End of.

Our manager on the other hand is top 3... and I don't have one shadow of a doubt on the score.

Tonight the players, not JUST the manager, must make us proud.

If there was ever a situation in footy of a tactically brilliant manager being made a scapegoat for an unperforming group of mentally weak players - this is it.

REDMEN BE MIGHTY.

I R W T
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #107: Feb 19, 2008 01:42:33 pm
      I have to say it made my weekend seeing the results after Barnsley thrashed you!! and I see that finally you are all realising that you are supporting a team that are no more use than to a under 11's footie team!

Are well I guess your only conselation is we're finish off Barnsley and show you how it should be done properly!! Oh n for those that said that Chelsea died after Jose left, they obviously don't follow the news and the stats we are in the cup final, and inthe quarters of the FA Cup, plus still in with a chance for the PL and CL which is more than I can for your team whose manager's career is currently on a knife edge.  :lmao:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #108: Feb 19, 2008 01:43:53 pm
      I have to say it made my weekend seeing the results after Barnsley thrashed you!! and I see that finally you are all realising that you are supporting a team that are no more use than to a under 11's footie team!

Are well I guess your only conselation is we're finish off Barnsley and show you how it should be done properly!! Oh n for those that said that Chelsea died after Jose left, they obviously don't follow the news and the stats we are in the cup final, and inthe quarters of the FA Cup, plus still in with a chance for the PL and CL which is more than I can for your team whose manager's career is currently on a knife edge.  :lmao:

Nice to see you too mate.

You visiting for long?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #109: Feb 19, 2008 01:46:34 pm

Wondered when you'd raise your ugly mug.

Don't worry mate, we'll have the last laugh when chelski end up with NOTHING and we are Champions of Europe for the 6th time ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #110: Feb 19, 2008 01:51:05 pm

I wouldn't think so its only Half term, he's not allowed to go on the PC on a school night
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #111: Feb 19, 2008 01:52:35 pm
      I wouldn't think so its only Half term, he's not allowed to go on the PC on a school night

Thought so.  Probably why he's just wandered offline ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #112: Feb 19, 2008 02:03:03 pm
      Thought so.  Probably why he's just wandered offline ;)

Time for his afternoon nap :laugh:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #113: Feb 19, 2008 02:04:50 pm

:lmao:

Dreaming of the European Cup :lmao:
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205