Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

A Disgrace

Read 12451 times
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Re: A Disgrace
      Reply #23: Feb 17, 2008 01:16:18 pm
      as for managing the team,dont you think it's time he tried that?
      Listen mate, stop insulting Rafa. He is one of the greatest managers to ever come to LFC, but we all make mistakes. We're all human, so get over it. Its not always Rafa's fault anyway. He isn't the one who runs his heart out for 90 minutes every saturday, its the players. They aren't perfect either. We have a very talented team, but for some reason we aren't playing up to par. Its probably something behind the scenes that they are hiding from the press really well.

And one more thing, if you couldn't do any better managing our team, then shut your trap and go piss on your manc jersey.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Feb 17, 2008 01:24:41 pm
      He should take all that sh*te he brought with him? Would that be Torres, Agger, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel & Reina?

All you have done with that last post is regurgitated the sh*te you've been hearing in the press, you should really try forming your own opinions than relying on someone elses.

As for the £40m 'given' to us get by the yanks in the summer, when you take into account our outgoing transfers our nett spending was around £15m, less than the £25m our Champions League run had just generated.
      Galberto
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -4 
      Reply #25: Feb 17, 2008 01:27:44 pm
      Listen mate,if you think that we're any further under Rafa that 2 or 3 seasons ago I'd like to have what your drinking,its easy to blame what goes on behind the scene for the way we're playing at the moment,but surely its up to the players on the pitch and the manager to motivate them F**k if we cant beat Barnsley at home even playing badly surely says something.
      Now SORRY if i offended you by saying things about Rafa,but hell am not the only 1 at the moment and there'll be more by the end of the season!!!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #26: Feb 17, 2008 01:29:17 pm
      I have to agree with a lot of you, this is not good.

You have to go back to the Reading game where we lost 3-1, no mater was people say Rafa threw is hand in on that game. In the games since then in the prem; we have played 10 games and we have only picked up 14 points, out of a possable 33 points., and gone out of the 2 home cups.
      Before the Reading game we where 3rd and only a few points behind the top 2 and had a game in hand, now we are 5th and 19 points behind 1st spot, and 11 points behind 3rd spot, and 3 points behind Everton who are 4th, alright we have a game in hand, but we still have to win are game in hand, and the games we have coming in up over the next 4 weeks, it does not make good reading.

I have said it before and I will say it again, sometimes I do not understand Rafa, mixing players up does not work, you have to try and play your best 11 all the time, you might rest 1 or 2 of them but thats all.
      When you are playing your best 11, the the team know how the other players play, and where they are, and if someone is playing sh*t like Kuyt has been doing, then put them in the reserves for a few games, that what we used to do, and it worked.

Will Rafa learn from his mistakes, I don't know.
      Will Rafa still be at Liverpool come May, I don't know.
      I would hope Rafa can learn, and still be with us come May, but I'm not sure.

Like all of you, I'm looking for a good game on Tuesday.

Come on Liverpool, we can still do something this season.   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #27: Feb 17, 2008 01:38:26 pm
      All I can say is you obviously don't know your football. If you look at our current results, then yes, we are no further ahead. Actually try engaging your brain though, and actually look at our performances, there have been very few poor ones. In fact I'd go as far as to say there have only been four, against Porto, Marseille, Reading & West Ham. We're not far off the winning formula, as far as I'm concerned we only really need a proven finisher, this team is still a work in progress but we're not far off.
      Galberto
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -4 
      Reply #28: Feb 17, 2008 01:47:16 pm
      Eddie C,are you Rafa in disguise because if you can only see 4 poor performances this season then i think you're the one who doesnt know a toss about football
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #29: Feb 17, 2008 01:50:18 pm
      Come on then, where were the other performances where we didn't create enough opportunities to win the game?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #30: Feb 17, 2008 01:56:04 pm
      Galberto:
      Where have you been? you resitered on June 30, 2007, and your 4 post have been today after the defeat to Barnsley, why have you been waiting to post? or have you been "away"
      Galberto
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -4 
      Reply #31: Feb 17, 2008 01:56:08 pm
      Wigan at home SHOCKING!!!!! Rafa starts game 4-5-1 against fukn Wigan come on mate wake up,Birmingham at home to.
      And last week against Chelsea they were sh*te but so were we,if there was ever a time to beat that Blue sh*te at the bridge it was last week.
      Galberto
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts | -4 
      Reply #32: Feb 17, 2008 01:59:22 pm
      Does it matter when I registered,nice to see you taking an interest.
       :lmao:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #33: Feb 17, 2008 02:01:34 pm
      Galberto:
      Where have you been? you resitered on June 30, 2007, and your 4 post have been today after the defeat to Barnsley, why have you been waiting to post? or have you been "away"

He's been at home on his own forum ie. Manc/Chelski/Bluenose sh*te/Arse and only comes on here to wind up like a lot of users do  ;)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #34: Feb 17, 2008 02:24:27 pm
      Wigan: We had 15 shots, 11 on target, Kirkland had a blinder.

Birmingham: Our finishing was woeful, 19 shots but only four on target. Definitely enough chances made to win the game, but we didn't take advantage of them.

Chelsea: Not quite as many chances, but still 10 shots on goal. Good finishing could've won this game too.

Maybe you misunderstood me, I asked you to name games where we DIDN'T create enough opportunities to win. Or isn't 10 opportunities & above enough?
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2008 02:48:35 pm
      All I can say is you obviously don't know your football. If you look at our current results, then yes, we are no further ahead. Actually try engaging your brain though, and actually look at our performances, there have been very few poor ones. In fact I'd go as far as to say there have only been four, against Porto, Marseille, Reading & West Ham. We're not far off the winning formula, as far as I'm concerned we only really need a proven finisher, this team is still a work in progress but we're not far off.

Sorry mate you are wrong; Yes we have played some great games, and we look like the best in the prem, but we cant keep it up, why, it because we mix the players to much, I don't see the other top clubs do this.
      Go back in time, you never saw Shanks, or any of the other great managers mixing there players up, If you can play your best 11 then for god sake play them. Football is a very simple game, all you have to do is score more goals than the other team.

I do not live in the " if only world" Its sats that stand up.
      Yes we have some great players, and the making of a great team, but if Rafa does not play them, what can you do.

Sorry Eddie I do have a very good brain, been on my head for a lot of years now, and it done me good so far.
      No need for insults.

Anyway have a good day.

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2008 02:52:15 pm
      Apologies Graham, only just looked back & realised that you had posted before I replied to Galberto's post, that wasn't aimed at you mate ;)

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2008 02:53:54 pm
      Crouchinho,I know the what the Yanks done was well out of order but come on,apart from that they have done everything they said they would

They promised that all loans would be would be secured against their own personal assets. So then have they taken out a loan of £350m. £105m has been secured against the club and £245m against Kop Holdings – which owns 100% of Liverpool Football Club and has only one source of revenue: The Club.

They lied

RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #38: Feb 17, 2008 03:23:18 pm
      I think we are all embarrased by yesterday's result and I admit I am a Rafa fan. However I restate my comment of a previos thread, if the man is to be successful in all competitions he needs a strong bootroom made up of people such as Tommo , Rushie, Kenny Dalgleish, Paul Jewel or such like. They have the experience of winning the Liverpool way and would help motivate the players when needed. Lets rid ourselves of the Yanks, get some stability in the club and plan for the future instead of complaining of what could have been. Once again IRWT.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #39: Feb 17, 2008 03:26:01 pm
      Im getting fed up with all the support Rafa is getting the mans a clown we are becoming a total embarassment under him its time for him to go,this was gonna be our season out of the title race by xmas,out of the fa cup to Barnsley and i can see us beating inter,so what have we got left to play for? 4th in the league come on we are LIVERPOOL we are better than this.Im sorry Rafa thanks for the champions league win in 05 but shut the door on your way out.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #40: Feb 17, 2008 03:33:46 pm
      Lets rid ourselves of the Yanks
      And here I think we find the root of any "disgrace" attached to LFC at the moment... These guys are a public embarrassment, a shameful waste of space, they are the opposite of everything Liverpool is about, whether this be on or off the pitch. There have been players of late whose performances haven't been far from disgraceful, but Gillette and Hicks are disgrace personified!
      I wish it were so simple as to chuck them out, I think it would cheer me up if they left, moreso than beating Inter on Tuesday! I feel if they were to go, or were already gone, our club could get back to winning, the Liverpool way. Clear up the biggest disgrace - behind the scenes; the rest will sort itself out.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #41: Feb 17, 2008 03:51:07 pm
      Seeing as it doesn't look like Galberto is gonna get back to me, I'll put the question out to everyone else. Can anyone name a game this season where we haven't created enough chances to win, apart from the four I've already named, against Porto, Marseille, Reading & West Ham.

If no-one can, then surely it's fair to say that our problems lie with our finishing rather than in other areas? I really don't think we're that far off the winning formula, we just need that finisher to convert the chances we make.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #42: Feb 17, 2008 03:54:48 pm
      Good point Eddie but if you dont take your chances you dont win games,we shouldnt be relying on 1 player to get the goals the team we have we should be getting goals from all of them they get paid enough.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Feb 17, 2008 03:57:30 pm
      Have to agree with you there Ed, a top finisher is all we need, we created that many chances yesterday and couldn't finish it off.   Defenders know us so well now and they pack the box tight, we need to take chances from outside the box.   Frustration wasn't the word.     >:(
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: Feb 17, 2008 04:01:17 pm
      We've always had a Rush, an Owen or a Fowler though, someone who banged them in for fun. Now the best we've got is Torres, who is very skillful & will create chances out of nothing, but still isn't a proper goal machine, a guy who only needs one or two chances to get a goal. Ideally I would like to sign a new left winger & left back too, but if we only signed a world class poacher in the summer I would be happy & would be confident we could compete for the title.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #45: Feb 17, 2008 04:18:25 pm
      The team is unrecognisable from the one that managed to get itself to the European Cup final last year.

Some of the players have been putting in performances which are a disgrace to the name of our club.

Quick Reply