Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

A Disgrace

Read 12469 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: A Disgrace
      Reply #69: Feb 18, 2008 09:58:07 am
      Southafrican red, I notice that you too seem unable to name any other games where we didn't create enough opportunities to win.

Plain & simple, if we're creating the chances but not converting them, the problem is with our finishing. We need a world class finisher to stick away some of the numerous chances we create. Yes they may get injured at some point, but is that a good reason not to buy them? On that basis surely we shouldn't have any world class players as they're all gonna get injured sometime.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #70: Feb 18, 2008 10:00:49 am
      Could not face coming on here yesteday.

Got up at crack of dawn on Sat to catch a 5 hour train (...and 5 hour back!) to watch the game on Italian Sky tv live, instead of web, here on the Spanish coast along with a few other Redmen that live in Madrid.

What an afternoon, surreal, chance after chance after chance - so Rafa not at fault, his game plan ACTUALLY worked to the point of creating maximum number of chances ...it is NOT Rafa's fault that our finishing is so terribly TERRIBLY poor. F***ing poor ....at the minute, even Kuyt needed two touches and toe-poked the one that went in... non-league football level, pub level even.

Drank ourselves into oblivion in the evening - but the pain was all the more acute on the Sunday morning. We got knocked out of the Cup...by Barnsley ....and Manure shat on the Arse... could it be true? It was.

Confidence must be so low in our dressing room.

We NOW need the REDMEN to stand up to be counted.

We MUST win tomorrow night.

Pepe,
      Arbeloa,
      Carra,
      Sami,
      Aurelio,
      Pennant,
      Gerrard,
      Masch,
      Babel,
      Torres.
      Crouch
      - simply have the games of your lives tomorrow.

Make us proud...again.

IRWT

YNWA

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008 10:59:01 am by donrafael »
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #71: Feb 18, 2008 10:04:47 am
      performances,here goes then,Chelsea e.g, i am not alone in thinking that it was one of the very worst premier league games this season,it was an awful performance,and it was'nt the only one,no good creating chances if we are'nt good enough to take them,how many times have the top teams won games they did'nt deserve?probably because they have players who can win them games,matchwinners i think they are known as,we have 2,Torres and Gerard,as for the rest....not good enough in my opinion.when we are taking the field with men like Kuyt,Voronin,Aurellio Benayoun etc what do you espect?how bad does it have to get before it becomes unacceptable,from what i can see people on here think Rafe should have a job for life. God help us
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #72: Feb 18, 2008 10:07:23 am
      £50million sounds like serious money to me,that was just last summer
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #73: Feb 18, 2008 10:10:21 am
      I think you are mistaken Rednblack - Aurelio and Benayoun are two players that can help turn a game, Aurelio with his pinpoint crossing - Arsenal 4-1 last season, and Benayoun has alot of skills to score important goals - Wigan 1-0 this season, and 5-2 Havant.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #74: Feb 18, 2008 10:11:38 am
      ...what I can see people on here think Rafe should have a job for life. God help us

A manager can only influence the game by putting together a formation and game plan to create match winning chances... which he did on Saturday.

It is NOT his fault if the players cannot put the ball into the back of the net.

He is responsible for signings too... this season he delivered us Torres - who has in turn delivered.

...and he got us a pony-tailed FREE transfer who hasn't.

...and is NOT responsible for Kuyt's father dying and the total loss of form, confidence and talent this man has suffered this season.

Let's get our facts straight here.

Rafa is re-building this club bottom-up... and God knows it needs it.

We are a commercial joke of a club, with comical owners and with a judas-CEO ...and a WORLD CLASS manager .... I know who I would start thinking of sacking or replacing FIRST before getting to Rafa.

IRWT
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #75: Feb 18, 2008 10:12:07 am
      dont make me laugh,Aurellio...poor,Benayoun...a lightweight,did you notice who the opposition was in the 2 games you mentioned?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #76: Feb 18, 2008 10:12:11 am
      My God boy, is there no limit to your stupidity? You named the Chelsea game before, I explained I'd already shown we'd created enough chances to win that game. So you think about it overnight, and come back with.... the Chelsea game again! I despair I really do.

You then say what's the point in creating the chances if we're not gonna convert them? What do you think my point has been all along? We need someone to finish our chances, but we're creating them to begin with which means we're not that far off.
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #77: Feb 18, 2008 10:13:47 am
      my point is,the last Chelsea game,define chances please,i must've missed those chances you are on about
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #78: Feb 18, 2008 10:16:20 am
      my point is,the last Chelsea game,define chances please,I must've missed those chances you are on about

Did you actually watch the game on Saturday?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #79: Feb 18, 2008 10:16:47 am
      Once again for the people like rednblack who believe everything they read in the press rather than engaging their brain every once in a while, I shall explain how much money was spent in the summer. Our nett spending after taking into account the players sold was in the region of £15m, not £50m. We have not had the blank cheque the media would have you believe.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #80: Feb 18, 2008 10:19:13 am
      Yes, you must have missed them rednblack, but then that doesn't surprise me, probably busy at a swingers party or something. Crouch alone had three clear cut chances to win the game, so to say we didn't have chances is ridiculous.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #81: Feb 18, 2008 10:19:27 am
      dont make me laugh,Aurellio...poor,Benayoun...a lightweight,did you notice who the opposition was in the 2 games you mentioned?
      But the thing is Benayoun provides the goals when we need them, put in one of our best single players performances of the season against Besiktas. It doesn't matter who the opposition are if they get the job done. By no means is Aurelio poor, have you ever seen someone who can cross the ball so consistently well? Kuyt, works hard for the cause, and always gives 100% in every game. Voronin plays his best, but I think he is just one of the couple of people that can't always perform when we need them to now.
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #82: Feb 18, 2008 10:19:33 am
      how bad does it have to get then? what is unacceptable for you ,come the end of the season?
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #83: Feb 18, 2008 10:30:21 am
      £50million sounds like serious money to me,that was just last summer

Nah, don't think so.

Net spending was 20 odd million, same as Everton and Fulham. Wow the superpowers of Enlgish and world football. Remember the players we sold. We spent the money we made on the Champions league run. Nothing more.

Spending serious money = Man Utd 2 x strikers total £44million. 3 x holding midfielders total £52 million, 2 x Centre halves total £39 million.

Chelsea 3 x strikers total £70 million. 1 holding midfielder total £24 million. 2 x wingers £38 million, 1 x centre half = £18m, 1 x right back £13 million (Skrtl at 6.5 or most expensvie defender)

That my friend is fishing in the big boys pond. Take a look at Spain at Barcelona & Real Madrid, Or in Itlay at the 2 Milan clubs and Juve the same applies.

We sign palyers of the value Newcastle and Spurs sign. Enough said.

I thought people when they saw Torres woudl relaise that that is what you get when you do fish in the big boys pond , and is exctly what you get when you go out and sign such players. I though  peolekl would also realise we need to puch on and sign more like him. But we don't have the money to do it.

If Rafa had the tank to go out and spend on the likes of Torres all the time do you think any of the other strikers would have been signed ??? Nah I don't think so neither

I tend to deal with facts and not the opinion of tosspot hacks who have an agenda aginst the club.

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008 10:33:38 am by Bootle Buck »
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #84: Feb 18, 2008 10:34:38 am
      no hidden agenda against the club at all,just the manager i dont like,i would'nt like to give him a blank cheque,he has wasted enough money already,but you still have'nt told me what you think is unacceptable,and what happens then
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #85: Feb 18, 2008 10:38:49 am
      Enlighten me rednblack, what money has he wasted? As far as I'm aware the biggest loss we have made on a player is £3m on Morientes.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #86: Feb 18, 2008 10:41:14 am
      no hidden agenda against the club at all,just the manager I dont like,I would'nt like to give him a blank cheque,he has wasted enough money already,but you still have'nt told me what you think is unacceptable,and what happens then

What isn't acceptable is expecting the guy to win the league when he hasn't got the finaicial backing of the other managers.

Plus do you think whoever wins the league, means that one of Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal should be sacking their managers as only 1 team can win the league.???

When we run ourselves like the other clubs off the ptich then and only then can we expect to match them on it. Whilst we are so far behind financially it almost becomes an impossiblitly to compete in the 38 game format. So we have to look at other cups for the time being like the European Cup.

Who has the best record of Benitez/Wenger/Taggart in the European Cup again ????

If you can actually get your head around that we are not on the same levels financially, and we are so far behind on revenues and how the club is run in comparison to our rivals you may then, and only then see the bigger picture.

But I have a feeling you wont, nor do you want to.
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008 10:43:33 am by Bootle Buck »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #87: Feb 18, 2008 10:45:50 am
      no hidden agenda against the club at all,just the manager I dont like,I would'nt like to give him a blank cheque,he has wasted enough money already,but you still have'nt told me what you think is unacceptable,and what happens then

What money has he wasted?

Articulate your thoughts with facts - name and shame the players.

Crouch? (England's current centre forward), Kuyt? (until recently, dropped thanks to his form with us, Holland's centre forward) ...Voro(Free signing, Ukranian centre forward, again dropped by his squad this season) ...Babel or Yossi both internationals creating a host of chances week-in week-out for us and for the previously named forwards this season...to miss... again and again... and again.....and a-F***ing-gain.

...who are you talking about exactly when saying he has wasted money?

When a player hasn't delivered in the past, a la Morientes, he goes out through Rafa's revolving door, FOR A FEE, quicker than he came in.

CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU TALK TWATTISH.

Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #88: Feb 18, 2008 10:55:36 am
      What money has he wasted?

Articulate your thoughts with facts - name and shame the players.

Crouch? (England's current centre forward), Kuyt? (until recently, dropped thanks to his form with us, Holland's centre forward) ...Voro(Free signing, Ukranian centre forward, again dropped by his squad this season) ...Babel or Yossi both internationals creating a host of chances week-in week-out for us and for the previously named forwards this season...to miss... again and again... and again.....and a-F***ing-gain.

...who are you talking about exactly when saying he has wasted money?

When a player hasn't delivered in the past, a la Morientes, he goes out through Rafa's revolving door, FOR A FEE, quicker than he came in.

CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU TALK TWATTISH.

Ha ha Don, I could just imagine the steam coming out of your ears when you were typing that and there's nothing left of your poor keyboard.

Rednblack isn't that the colours of the team at the east end of the M62 who play in Trafford ? I thought we were rednwhite

Have we a ringer on the site ? Is he a manc on the wind up ? Some of his comments and feable attempts to back them up we could be forgiven for thinking as much.

We are watching you boyo
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #89: Feb 18, 2008 10:59:19 am
      That was my first thought Bootle Buck, which is why I checked him out as best I could. I didn't find anything about him being a manc, but did uncover his passion for swinging, transvestites, and generally all things perverted, so it was well worth while :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #90: Feb 18, 2008 11:01:26 am
      That was my first thought Bootle Buck, which is why I checked him out as best I could. I didn't find anything about him being a manc, but did uncover his passion for swinging, transvestites, and generally all things perverted, so it was well worth while :D

I worked out that he was into transvestites... but he swears that it's all BEHIND him now....

Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #91: Feb 18, 2008 11:06:53 am

Aha the mist is rising and all is becoming clear.

Should be "interesting" to see what he posts in the the Arkles board. Could be very "off" topic

Quick Reply