Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Bolton complain over Spain police

Read 1668 times
      Cy
      Bolton complain over Spain police
      Feb 22, 2008 06:36:34 pm
      Bolton have met police and Uefa officials in Spain to discuss the treatment of their fans at Thursday's 0-0 Uefa Cup draw with Atletico Madrid.

The Premier League club says supporters were subjected to "overzealous and disproportionate" policing before, during and after the match.

They allege fans faced a number of assaults and unprovoked baton charges.

Chairman Phil Gartside said he would take the issue to the "highest level" to get an explanation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/7258162.stm

Once again, spain is showing a classic face of  abuse but this time not from their fans but the Police. I'm obviously not a Bolton fan but that kind of story is appalling..

When the UEFA will actually suspending spanish teams from Europe? When  the FA will move their fat ass and start to back English fans abroad? If this was in England, it will be everywhere and lot's of people will call for teams to be throwing out of european competition.

Recent Racism chants against French players and English players in international duties has still not been dealt with, may I remind them that is it a CRIMINAL OFFENSE!!..

I'm really getting pissed off about spanish fans, police and coach been able to get away with everything..

Though?....
      XxGeRrArDxX
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Re: Bolton complain over Spain police
      Reply #1: Feb 22, 2008 10:44:47 pm
      i heard about that, spain is one fo those countries that isnt well looked after >:D :f_doh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Bolton complain over Spain police
      Reply #2: Feb 23, 2008 12:14:05 am

I'm really getting pissed off about spanish fans, police and coach been able to get away with everything..

Though?....

I heard about that, spain is one fo those countries that isnt well looked after >:D :f_doh:

Ummm, I think I can hear Donrafeal coming  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply