Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool v Middlesborough - Match Thread.

Read 10959 times
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Re: Liverpool v Middlesborough - Match Thread.
      Reply #161: Feb 26, 2008 08:27:35 am
      No AJ not yet.....(dont tell him guys, will only make it harder on him)

The way some people are saying Torres got gifted 2 goals....what was so easy about the 2 gifted goals? One he was sandwiched between Schwarzer and Wheater (?) and popped it through from the edge of the box, not easy! And, he was hassled by a defender and had Schwarzer in front of him, rounds them both and slots it home. They werent easy, he just made it look easier than it was, IMO anyway.

If you read my post properly you will see I said we were gifted two golden opportunities.  I also congratulated Nando on taking them.  Nobody said they were easy.

If Carragher had been there in place of Wheater the ball would have been in Row Z and even Sami would not have attempted to head the ball back 30 yards to the keeper.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #162: Feb 26, 2008 11:17:11 am
      we are in for some scrap with our neighbors and we must do better or we'll lose that coveted place to them over the park unless history repeats itself and wouldn't that be nice....

It would be even sweeter this time round, UEFA changed the rules so we'd end up taking Everton's CL place. We'd never hear the end of it would we?

'Robbing Redshite bas**rds!'

'ifithadnerbinfer Rafa, we'd have won the European Cup'

:D :D :D
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #163: Feb 26, 2008 01:45:58 pm
      It would be even sweeter this time round, UEFA changed the rules so we'd end up taking Everton's CL place. We'd never hear the end of it would we?

'Robbing Redshite bas**rds!'

'ifithadnerbinfer Rafa, we'd have won the European Cup'

:D :D :D

It's an appetising thought but I think I would prefer to win the Champions League and come fourth in the premiership.

The real question though is why we are having to fight for fourth place with a team that has spent peanuts in comparison to ourselves?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #164: Feb 26, 2008 03:36:12 pm
      Just heard Aliadiere got a 4 match ban for the slap on mascherano. 3 Match ban for the slap and an extra one for trying to appeal it haha.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #165: Feb 27, 2008 10:57:32 pm
      Just watched the FA Cup tie Midd vs Sheff Utd: how we only beat them 3-2 beggars belief 'cos they were cr@p. Ref edged on the side of Midd, and it took a Kenny(G.keeper) own goal to seal it in extra time. Why we can not put these teams to bed is beyond me.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #166: Feb 28, 2008 08:26:22 am
      Just watched the FA Cup tie Midd vs Sheff Utd: how we only beat them 3-2 beggars belief 'cos they were cr@p. Ref edged on the side of Midd, and it took a Kenny(G.keeper) own goal to seal it in extra time. Why we can not put these teams to bed is beyond me.

I watched the game last night and agree that Middlesbrough were appalling.  They clearly raised their game  for the clash with us as we did for the Inter game.

I agree we should not drop a level dependent on the team we are playing and should be putting teams like this away with relative ease.

The fact that we are not is the story of our season so far.

Quick Reply