Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The "I Was Made To Feel Old" Thread

Read 528 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      The "I Was Made To Feel Old" Thread
      Dec 07, 2023 03:38:08 pm
      Today I was made to feel old and here's the story behind it.

We've got a staff night out tonight and we're going to Tiger Rock on Renshaw Street. One of the lads is 26 from Bury but stayed here after going to uni asked which one Renshaw St was and I replied it's where Rapid used to be.

He, and another 26 year old former student from Southport, both looked at me like I had two heads.

I was completely dumbfounded that neither of them had any idea what Rapid was, especially since it only closed what seems like five minutes ago - even if in fact it was six years ago.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: The "I Was Made To Feel Old" Thread
      Reply #1: Dec 07, 2023 04:23:56 pm

We've got a staff night out tonight and we're going to Tiger Rock on Renshaw Street. One of the lads is 26 from Bury but stayed here after going to uni asked which one Renshaw St was and I replied it's where Rapid used to be.

He, and another 26 year old former student from Southport, both looked at me like I had two heads.

I was completely dumbfounded that neither of them had any idea what Rapid was, especially since it only closed what seems like five minutes ago - even if in fact it was six years ago.

Similar to me the other day, a couple of the young uns at work were asking where this new pasty shop was, and I told them its near where the GlynWebb was, they both just stared at me before asking what the feck a GlynWebb even was, made me feel proper old, and even older when I googled it and apparently it went bust all the way back in 2006!! Did my first work experience in school there stocking the wallpaper aisles ha!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2023 04:37:33 pm

Hahaha was a bit like that with a few people I used to work with. Mention anything from the 90s and my 20 something colleagues would look at me like I'd gone mad.

"Young cu*ts" :laugh:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3: Dec 18, 2023 09:41:39 am
      There’s a bird transferring to our store in the new year who wasn’t even born when the miracle of Istanbul happened.

Quick Reply