Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Mon 28th Sep @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W12 D4 L9

The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread

Read 309172 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,143 posts | 1643 
      Re: The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread
      Reply #5600: Sep 03, 2020 08:25:49 pm
      I always think it’s interesting when people on night shifts go home and try to go to sleep straight away. If you worked a 9-5 day shift Would you go home at 5 and go straight to bed?
      Personally I’d go home at 7 stay up till around 1 then go to bed till 7/8 ready to go to work for 11

The reason I want to sleep when I get home is that nobody is home then. My wife and the kids at home will be around the house in the evening. That's when I can spend time with them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5601: Sep 03, 2020 10:12:26 pm
      As the father of three daughters, let me confirm what you already know/suspect, most guys are just.....disappointing.

But I know from only the briefest interactions (related to North American preseason tours) that you have an outstanding quality of kindness. That is extremely rare to find in this world - and there will be somebody worthwhile and exceptional who will know that and act accordingly. Hang in there young lady!

Probably just something that will happen over a period of time. Try not to think about it and over a few weeks you will probably notice yourself becoming more adjusted to it.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,547 posts | 803 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #5602: Sep 04, 2020 10:05:14 am
      I'm not pissed off per se, but I am looking for a bit of advice and there seems to be some of that given in here so here I go.

I just started working overnights (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.) for the first time in my life. I was furloughed from my job in June due to CoVid cuts and after working retail as a makeweight, I'm working in Communications at a hospital. Anyway, I'm trying to adjust my internal clock re sleep schedule.

I tried staying up as late as I could in the days prior to starting the shift (my training was during the day) and then sleeping later. But  now that I've started I am getting through the shift OK, but I can only sleep for 3-4 hours after work. That is definitely starting to catch up to this old man.

I'm ordinarily a light sleeper so we bought some new curtains that really do the job of keeping the light out of the bedroom during daylight hours. My kids are mostly gone during the day so the noise is cut out, and I have a white noise maker next to the bed anyway. I don't think any "Thing" is waking me up. I just wake up.

Anyone with any tips on making the change to a nocturnal schedule?

Not sure about the US, but CBD oil is really starting to take off over here. I've never taken it myself but I personally know of a few people that do and have said it's massively improved their sleep. Might be something worth looking into
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 682 posts | 113 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #5603: Sep 04, 2020 11:14:25 am
      I'm not pissed off per se, but I am looking for a bit of advice and there seems to be some of that given in here so here I go.

I just started working overnights (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.) for the first time in my life. I was furloughed from my job in June due to CoVid cuts and after working retail as a makeweight, I'm working in Communications at a hospital. Anyway, I'm trying to adjust my internal clock re sleep schedule.

I tried staying up as late as I could in the days prior to starting the shift (my training was during the day) and then sleeping later. But  now that I've started I am getting through the shift OK, but I can only sleep for 3-4 hours after work. That is definitely starting to catch up to this old man.

I'm ordinarily a light sleeper so we bought some new curtains that really do the job of keeping the light out of the bedroom during daylight hours. My kids are mostly gone during the day so the noise is cut out, and I have a white noise maker next to the bed anyway. I don't think any "Thing" is waking me up. I just wake up.

Read a book before you go to bed and pick it up again if you wake up. Always makes me tired even if i have had a really good long sleep.
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,860 posts | 1454 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #5604: Sep 04, 2020 03:09:11 pm

Only done nights on a couple of occasions, it really want for me,I was hallucinating and everything.

One thing I've got for not being able to sleep and that's happening to me a f**king lot lately, it sounds strange but whenever i do it I just wake up the next day and it's worked.

Just try and remember things you've never remembered before, just focus on that question, don't let your mind wander, and it seems to send your brain into some kind of flux and you nod off.

I never made that up by the way, I got it off QI. 😁
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2020 03:20:37 pm by LFCexiled »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,143 posts | 1643 
      Reply #5605: Sep 04, 2020 07:31:22 pm
      Only done nights on a couple of occasions, it really want for me,I was hallucinating and everything.

One thing I've got for not being able to sleep and that's happening to me a f**king lot lately, it sounds strange but whenever i do it I just wake up the next day and it's worked.

Just try and remember things you've never remembered before, just focus on that question, don't let your mind wander, and it seems to send your brain into some kind of flux and you nod off.

I never made that up by the way, I got it off QI. 😁

Actually that has worked for me before. Good tip.

Hopefully at my age I can still actually remember something!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 2296 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5606: Sep 09, 2020 08:01:03 pm
      Actually that has worked for me before. Good tip.

Hopefully at my age I can still actually remember something!

Get some old Everton dvd's. You will not off in no time at all

Quick Reply