Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread

Read 365726 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread
      Reply #5589: Sep 03, 2020 05:40:50 pm
      I'm not pissed off per se, but I am looking for a bit of advice and there seems to be some of that given in here so here I go.

I just started working overnights (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.) for the first time in my life. I was furloughed from my job in June due to CoVid cuts and after working retail as a makeweight, I'm working in Communications at a hospital. Anyway, I'm trying to adjust my internal clock re sleep schedule.

I tried staying up as late as I could in the days prior to starting the shift (my training was during the day) and then sleeping later. But  now that I've started I am getting through the shift OK, but I can only sleep for 3-4 hours after work. That is definitely starting to catch up to this old man.

I'm ordinarily a light sleeper so we bought some new curtains that really do the job of keeping the light out of the bedroom during daylight hours. My kids are mostly gone during the day so the noise is cut out, and I have a white noise maker next to the bed anyway. I don't think any "Thing" is waking me up. I just wake up.

Anyone with any tips on making the change to a nocturnal schedule?

therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #5590: Sep 03, 2020 05:53:59 pm
      I'm not pissed off per se, but I am looking for a bit of advice and there seems to be some of that given in here so here I go.

I just started working overnights (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.) for the first time in my life. I was furloughed from my job in June due to CoVid cuts and after working retail as a makeweight, I'm working in Communications at a hospital. Anyway, I'm trying to adjust my internal clock re sleep schedule.

I tried staying up as late as I could in the days prior to starting the shift (my training was during the day) and then sleeping later. But  now that I've started I am getting through the shift OK, but I can only sleep for 3-4 hours after work. That is definitely starting to catch up to this old man.

I'm ordinarily a light sleeper so we bought some new curtains that really do the job of keeping the light out of the bedroom during daylight hours. My kids are mostly gone during the day so the noise is cut out, and I have a white noise maker next to the bed anyway. I don't think any "Thing" is waking me up. I just wake up.

I always think it’s interesting when people on night shifts go home and try to go to sleep straight away. If you worked a 9-5 day shift Would you go home at 5 and go straight to bed?
      Personally I’d go home at 7 stay up till around 1 then go to bed till 7/8 ready to go to work for 11
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5591: Sep 03, 2020 08:25:49 pm
      I always think it’s interesting when people on night shifts go home and try to go to sleep straight away. If you worked a 9-5 day shift Would you go home at 5 and go straight to bed?
      Personally I’d go home at 7 stay up till around 1 then go to bed till 7/8 ready to go to work for 11

The reason I want to sleep when I get home is that nobody is home then. My wife and the kids at home will be around the house in the evening. That's when I can spend time with them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5592: Sep 03, 2020 10:12:26 pm
      As the father of three daughters, let me confirm what you already know/suspect, most guys are just.....disappointing.

But I know from only the briefest interactions (related to North American preseason tours) that you have an outstanding quality of kindness. That is extremely rare to find in this world - and there will be somebody worthwhile and exceptional who will know that and act accordingly. Hang in there young lady!

Probably just something that will happen over a period of time. Try not to think about it and over a few weeks you will probably notice yourself becoming more adjusted to it.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #5593: Sep 04, 2020 10:05:14 am

Not sure about the US, but CBD oil is really starting to take off over here. I've never taken it myself but I personally know of a few people that do and have said it's massively improved their sleep. Might be something worth looking into
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #5594: Sep 04, 2020 11:14:25 am

Read a book before you go to bed and pick it up again if you wake up. Always makes me tired even if i have had a really good long sleep.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5595: Sep 04, 2020 07:31:22 pm
      Only done nights on a couple of occasions, it really want for me,I was hallucinating and everything.

One thing I've got for not being able to sleep and that's happening to me a f**king lot lately, it sounds strange but whenever i do it I just wake up the next day and it's worked.

Just try and remember things you've never remembered before, just focus on that question, don't let your mind wander, and it seems to send your brain into some kind of flux and you nod off.

I never made that up by the way, I got it off QI. 😁

Actually that has worked for me before. Good tip.

Hopefully at my age I can still actually remember something!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5596: Sep 09, 2020 08:01:03 pm
      Actually that has worked for me before. Good tip.

Hopefully at my age I can still actually remember something!

Get some old Everton dvd's. You will not off in no time at all
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #5597: Jan 06, 2022 07:19:39 am
      Stuck a deposit down on a car a day or two before Christmas.

Car dealership were off until the start of the week so it's only ready to pick up this morning.

Trading my other one in and last night the dash decided to light up with the engine management light and emission control system 🤢😫

It only had to hold out for another 12 hours.

Swear if I didn't have bad luck I'd have none at all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5598: Jan 06, 2022 12:11:52 pm
      Stuck a deposit down on a car a day or two before Christmas.

Car dealership were off until the start of the week so it's only ready to pick up this morning.

Trading my other one in and last night the dash decided to light up with the engine management light and emission control system 🤢😫

It only had to hold out for another 12 hours.

Swear if I didn't have bad luck I'd have none at all.

They shouldn’t give you too much stick over that. Check engine lights are usually just a bad sensor somewhere. The dealer can likely take care of that with hardly any effort. Fingers crossed for you.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5599: Jan 16, 2022 04:34:55 pm
      Car has been needing a service a while and I kept leaving it. Anyway, finally sorted it when the battery was running flat constantly.

Got new battery, few other new parts and all came in to about £500. Car running fine for a few weeks and now the car is back to needing a jump to start again.

Doubt they fitted a faulty battery, thinking it might be the alternator but no idea. Just pissed off it has to go back and fork out more cash!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5600: Jan 16, 2022 06:18:07 pm
      Car has been needing a service a while and I kept leaving it. Anyway, finally sorted it when the battery was running flat constantly.

Got new battery, few other new parts and all came in to about £500. Car running fine for a few weeks and now the car is back to needing a jump to start again.

Doubt they fitted a faulty battery, thinking it might be the alternator but no idea. Just pissed off it has to go back and fork out more cash!

You think you've got problems.

I didn't stock lager in and had to message the Mrs to bring some in while she was at Aldi.

She came home with Budweiser. 10 bottles in, and I need my 12th piss as I type.

I hope all is well apart from car troubles, Willy, lad.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5601: Jan 16, 2022 08:40:39 pm
      You think you've got problems.

I didn't stock lager in and had to message the Mrs to bring some in while she was at Aldi.

She came home with Budweiser. 10 bottles in, and I need my 12th piss as I type.

I hope all is well apart from car troubles, Willy, lad.

Not just Budweiser that does that to me :D

All good pal, new job, about to become an uncle for the first time and enjoying being back from the Southern Hemisphere! Hope you’re good mate
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5602: Jan 17, 2022 12:31:53 am
      Not just Budweiser that does that to me :D

All good pal, new job, about to become an uncle for the first time and enjoying being back from the Southern Hemisphere! Hope you’re good mate

Back in the UK, mate?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5603: Jan 17, 2022 09:23:46 pm

I am mate, have been since about March last year.

Enjoying it except for seeing all the photos on my social media now of the summer that side whilst it’s freezing and miserable here :D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5604: Mar 04, 2022 04:12:03 pm
      Is it just me who gets really pissed off with how these days we are so easily accessible and it's jus okay to be expected to be available at all times?

Just watched a movie at cinema, got out and looked at my phone and 6 missed calls, 2 voicemails, 2 texts and an email from the same work related place, just different people...

Two missed calls and text from original person trying to get through saying give us a call when you're available, nothing important,... then 15 minutes later another two missed calls and a voicemail saying 'Suchabody tried calling and couldn't get through, drop us a message when you are available' then 10 minutes later another two missed calls, a voicemail, text and email all saying the same thing 'suchabody tried calling can you give us a call when available'... F***ing pisses me off, and it was nothing important, just a link I had to go to and complete a form, with no deadline.

Half tempted to throw my phone in a F***ing canal.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #5605: Mar 04, 2022 04:29:10 pm
      Is it just me who gets really pissed off with how these days we are so easily accessible and it's jus okay to be expected to be available at all times?

Just watched a movie at cinema, got out and looked at my phone and 6 missed calls, 2 voicemails, 2 texts and an email from the same work related place, just different people...

Two missed calls and text from original person trying to get through saying give us a call when you're available, nothing important,... then 15 minutes later another two missed calls and a voicemail saying 'Suchabody tried calling and couldn't get through, drop us a message when you are available' then 10 minutes later another two missed calls, a voicemail, text and email all saying the same thing 'suchabody tried calling can you give us a call when available'... f**king pisses me off, and it was nothing important, just a link I had to go to and complete a form, with no deadline.

Half tempted to throw my phone in a f**king canal.

I feel you.

With covid and many people working from home, it's like you're expected to be available 24/7.

I always 'enjoy' receiving an email during the weekend, with the sender calling me first thing on Monday morning because they haven't heard back from me. Screw them, I'm not paid on weekends and there aren't emergencies in my line of work. They can wait.

The reverse is also true by the way. Sometimes, you get a private phone call during working hours, and people can get frustrated if you fail to answer... Can't answer the phone when I'm in a meeting Barbara! (no offense to all the Barbaras of this world :))
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5606: Mar 04, 2022 04:35:56 pm
      I feel you.

With covid and many people working from home, it's like you're expected to be available 24/7.

I always 'enjoy' receiving an email during the weekend, with the sender calling me first thing on Monday morning because they haven't heard back from me. Screw them, I'm not paid on weekends and there aren't emergencies in my line of work. They can wait.

The reverse is also true by the way. Sometimes, you get a private phone call during working hours, and people can get frustrated if you fail to answer... Can't answer the phone when I'm in a meeting Barbara! (no offense to all the Barbaras of this world :))

Lost my phone for a week and the first day or so I was really pissed off, primarily because I missed an online mental health  appointment. To be honesr apart from that is was proper old school and I quite enjoyed it.  Never had access to a mobile until my mid 30"s
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #5607: Mar 04, 2022 04:42:21 pm
      Lost my phone for a week and the first day or so I was really pissed off, primarily because I missed an online mental health  appointment. To be honesr apart from that is was proper old school and I quite enjoyed it.  Never had access to a mobile until my mid 30"s

It's a breath of fresh air, isn't it?  ;)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5608: Mar 04, 2022 04:45:16 pm
      I feel you.

Yup, I hate the weekend things, and I know that's why I recovered so many notifications today, it's Friday and they'll want it done before the weekend, even though it's nothing important with no deadline... think I am gonna go back to checking my emails once a day in the morning and any after that I'll see the next morning.

I've been so tempted to buy a cheap old school phone, like an old nokia, to take out with me when I am in my own time, something I'll have no interest in looking at and there just for family emergencies.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5609: Mar 04, 2022 04:56:44 pm
      Yup, I hate the weekend things, and I know that's why I recovered so many notifications today, it's Friday and they'll want it done before the weekend, even though it's nothing important with no deadline... think I am gonna go back to checking my emails once a day in the morning and any after that I'll see the next morning.

I've been so tempted to buy a cheap old school phone, like an old nokia, to take out with me when I am in my own time, something I'll have no interest in looking at and there just for family emergencies.

First one I got was a cheap Nokia that my mum got my dad in case he had car trouble. Did the trick, phone I have now was my sister in laws old samsung galaxy
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5610: Mar 04, 2022 05:12:51 pm

Two missed calls and text from original person trying to get through saying give us a call when you're available, nothing important,... then 15 minutes later another two missed calls and a voicemail saying 'Suchabody tried calling and couldn't get through, drop us a message when you are available' then 10 minutes later another two missed calls, a voicemail, text and email all saying the same thing 'suchabody tried calling can you give us a call when available'... f**king pisses me off, and it was nothing important, just a link I had to go to and complete a form, with no deadline.

Half tempted to throw my phone in a f**king canal.

I feel you. I don't bother my guys on the weekend and I literally just told them in our team meeting a few minutes ago, don't do any work on the weekend and certainly don't email or text me expecting me to respond. I appreciate that they are hard workers and want to get ahead and such, but workdays are M-F, and I don't want them getting burnt out.
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #5611: Jun 17, 2022 07:54:59 pm
      LFC Retail sucks

Ordered at the beginning of May the FA Cup & Champions League Final programmes to be delivered, got the FA Cup alright no problems but as the CL was on pre order nothing turned up when it was in stock so for the last 6 weeks of correspondence saying it’s missing & having to sign a declaration to say so earlier this week. They then have said we will re send, happy days you would like to think but no, they sent an email yesterday saying that yes, we are sending your Order again, at the bottom of said email, the order contains the FA Cup programme which I’ve already got and told them on many occasions

Aaaarrrggghhh

Drink I think is needed

Quick Reply