Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?

Read 36759 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Notion of an Everton Ground Share again?
      Reply #92: Nov 27, 2009 06:23:29 pm
      They're F***ing cheeky bas**rds aren't they.

The first thing I thought when I heard the news of Kirkby being rejected was 'I wonder how long it will be until Everton start banging on about a ground share'. I didn't have to wait more than half an hour!

Taring us with the same brush as them is wrong. They are in sh*t street. We're in a F***ing bad place as well but they know full well we can attract on a far bigger basis for investment. Because whether they like it or not, our club, our 'brand', whatever you want to call it, is bigger and better. They, will struggle like F**k to raise investment to buy a few skips and lorry - nevermind a new stadium.

If the Kirkby project would have went through, asking anyone to do with Everton about a ground share would have resulted in a 'you can go get fu**ed, we'll look after ourselves thank you very much', answer.

Tony Barratt's comments are absolutely spot on. Especially regarding the cunning attempt to distract the attention away from the Everton board.

And sacrificing heritage, individuality and identity too.

Its stupid tribalism that stops this, everything like I said is seperate. And in future this will be the only way to go.

So really I think all of you saying over my dead body need to think, do you want a club to support now or a club for generations to cherish and admire down the line, because trust me this could be out only way forward.

I understand that you're trying to look at it from outside the box. It's seemingly Everton out of options though - we're not quite there yet. So I don't see why we should suddenly alter our 'on going' plans to pull them out the sh*t.

I think you're underestimating the 'stupid' tribalism, also. It's a lot more than tribalism. It's the prospect of losing a unique identity - for both clubs. It's a loss of heritage for generations to come in the future. It's individuality that people in Liverpool are proud of and I can't stress how bad it would be to lose these things that really do matter a lot.

Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #93: Nov 28, 2009 09:45:52 am

I think you're underestimating the 'stupid' tribalism, also. It's a lot more than tribalism. It's the prospect of losing a unique identity - for both clubs. It's a loss of heritage for generations to come in the future. It's individuality that people in Liverpool are proud of and I can't stress how bad it would be to lose these things that really do matter a lot.

When I said Tribalism, I meant in general not just applicable to Liverpool, to be fair the varying levels of success between the clubs does leave a large gap. But I feel that groundshares are more applicable to clubs on equal footing lower down the football league.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #94: Nov 28, 2009 03:04:08 pm
      I love the comment we will build the new stadium when the Finacial markets re open, what sort of sh*te is that, from what I read the European Union is out of recession if you have money they will lend you some more, Am I missing something what exactly are we waiting on.

We are being completely conned here. I remember reading a couple of months ago about the stadium being ready by 2018, we have 2 conmen running us and I wouldn't be shocked if our owners break another promise and decide to groundshare with Everton.

I personally think it would be a sad day that one of the biggest clubs in World football have to share a ground because we can't afford to to build our own.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #95: Nov 29, 2009 11:28:49 am
      Could you imagine having to play in a stadium with no Kop? And if we did, the weekends we were away, them soft b*stards would be sitting in it?

Convenient how it cropped up so quickly after their plans hit the fan.

As Mr Purslow says. Nope.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #96: Nov 29, 2009 03:28:17 pm
      So they have their new stadium rejected so they expect us to bail them out.

Do one, it's your problem so you sort it!
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #97: Nov 30, 2009 12:09:11 pm
      Can't see it as Liverpool Fc's problem wether everton is moved out from the town or not. Mind your own business blueshite !
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #98: Nov 30, 2009 01:40:51 pm
      I don't see how any fan could even consider this. I understand that your trying to look at it from a financial viewpoint Alastair but some things in this life are simply more important than money. Both clubs have unique identities and there is not one fan who wants those identites to be intertwined, all this talk is coming solely from executives.

And why should we consider it? Everton's plans have been derailed, not ours. We have the site for our stadium and permission to build there, they don't and that is not Liverpool's problem. While we'll be waiting longer to get the finance than we would've wanted, I'm sure that it will come. As Kenny already said, we have the global image to secure a major investor for the project on our own, we don't need the bitter's backing.

I say we get working on building the Coca Cola stadium and leave the bluenoses to try and develop the Tesco Premium Cola Arena.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #99: Dec 08, 2009 12:23:09 pm
      "The Chosen One" backs calls for Everton FC and Liverpool FC to share a stadium
      Dec 8 2009  by David Randles, Liverpool Daily Post 

"The Chosen One" has backed calls for a shared stadium in the city.

Following last month’s rejection of ‘Destination Kirkby’ by Communities Secretary, John Denham, Everton’s plans for a new stadium lie in ruins.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown yesterday pledged to personally intervene in reviving proposals for a 50,000 capacity stadium and a Tesco store in Kirkby.

Brown is said to be concerned about the effect the rejection could have on the region but also on England’s faltering 2018 World Cup bid.

With nothing definite, however, Moyes believes the best way forward could be to link up with city rivals Liverpool and build a mega-stadium that would house both clubs.

“I would be interested but I know there would be concerns,” said the Everton manager.

“In this country we don’t do it. For whatever reason we don’t do it in this country. But it may well work here in Liverpool. It could do.

“I think we would probably be interested because we don’t have a stadium.

“We would like to move to a new ground where we can bring in more revenue.

“Perhaps Liverpool don’t need us as much as we maybe need them but I’m not against it.

“As long as it was done correctly, and giving us the same rights as Liverpool, I would be more than up for it.”

While Moyes’ views are likely to cause controversy among fans, Everton have been more receptive to the idea of a shared stadium than Liverpool, who appear determined to press ahead with their own delayed plans to build a new ground on Stanley Park.

Club Chairman Bill Kenwright admitted recently that ‘the book is closed’on the £400million Kirkby project, and with Goodison Park seemingly beyond redemption, the club will have to return to the drawing board if nothing comes of Gordon Brown’s rescue plan.

Chief Executive Robert Elstone is also open to the idea of shared stadium with Liverpool.

He said: “It’s certainly one of the options that we will need to cover. A shared stadium is perhaps an option if it’s affordable.”

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/12/08/david-moyes-backs-calls-for-everton-fc-and-liverpool-fc-to-share-a-stadium-92534-25342871/

Davie I've got two words for you: "F**k OFF"
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #100: Dec 08, 2009 12:31:17 pm
      “I think we would probably be interested because we don’t have a stadium.

Damn right. You have a toolshed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #101: Dec 08, 2009 01:14:11 pm
      :D No, Dave. Seriously.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #102: Dec 11, 2009 07:18:32 pm
      "The Chosen One" backs calls for Everton FC and Liverpool FC to share a stadium
      “Perhaps Liverpool don’t need us as much as we maybe need them but I’m not against it.

There's your People's Club quote gone down the shi**er Gollum! ;)

Maybe they can put that on a sign outside their stadium? :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #103: Dec 12, 2009 06:06:32 am
      Moyes just wants us in the same stadium so he can say "Hey look! There ya go, i got us some silverware in our stadium!"
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #104: Feb 24, 2010 07:24:18 pm
      I wouldn't share a bag of chips with them!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #105: Feb 25, 2010 11:38:26 pm
      Over my dead body  :f_steam:
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #106: Jun 01, 2010 12:57:00 pm
      No thanks, Everton can get their own new stadium.
      bahliverpool
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Scouser from Ukraine
      Reply #107: Jun 29, 2010 09:30:19 pm
      Anfield is a church of scousers and Liverpool and Everton are two different religions. We cannot have a common temple!
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • NĂ­ bheidh tĂș ag siĂșl in aonar.
      Reply #108: Jul 18, 2010 10:41:39 pm
      Not a hope. F**k the Toffees. Wouldn't share a mars bar with them.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #109: Jul 19, 2010 09:24:03 am
      Not a hope. F**k the Toffees. Wouldn't share a mars bar with them.
      Unfortunately it's not your say. This club is a business first and foremost now-the football is secondary (but not of course to us). Ground sharing makes sense from a financial point of view.
      Inner-City
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #110: Aug 24, 2010 12:17:15 pm
      Unfortunately it's not your say. This club is a business first and foremost now-the football is secondary (but not of course to us). Ground sharing makes sense from a financial point of view.

The next best thing is have them both on the same rapid-transit rail line in their own stadia that also serves the Arena.  Rapid-Transit shifting 40-50,000 per hour guarantees success.  Look at Arsenal.

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2010 12:29:42 pm by Inner-City »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #111: Aug 24, 2010 11:02:16 pm
      guarantees success.  Look at Arsenal.

What they won in the last 5 years?
      Inner-City
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #112: Aug 25, 2010 08:43:08 am
      What they won in the last 5 years?

You have to separate the club and the team. As a club they are amazing success.

Arsenal's Profits
      • Group turnover increased to ÂŁ313.3 million (2008 - ÂŁ223.0 million) reflecting income generated from cup competitions and property sales.
      • Match day revenue was increased to ÂŁ100.1 million (2008 - ÂŁ94.6 million), mainly as a result of progress to the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup semi-finals.
      • Operating profits (before depreciation and player trading) in the football business were ÂŁ62.7 million (2008 - ÂŁ59.6 million).
      • The completion of sale of 208 (2007 – Nil) private apartments at Highbury Square contributed ÂŁ88.0 million of revenue (2008 - ÂŁ15.2 million) and boosted the operating profit from property activities to ÂŁ7.8 million (2008 – Nil).
      • Profit after tax of ÂŁ35.2 million (2008 - ÂŁ25.7 million) was a record for the Group.
      • Since the end of the financial year there have been a number of further positive developments in relation to the Group’s Highbury Square project:
      • Of the 655 private apartments in the development, sales have now completed on 445 units with a cumulative sales revenue value of ÂŁ172.4 million.
      • The balance on the bank loan used to fund the project has been substantially reduced to ÂŁ47 million and agreement has been reached to refinance the loan and extend its term to December 2010.

Arsenal's loan will be paid off in December 2010. They paid it off in just over 4 years of stadium operation.

Arsenal never went for big signings and concentrated on getting the debt down. The back row around the stadium holds 1,000. They only have to extend back 10 rows and it goes up to 70,000. So the match day revenue of ÂŁ100.1 million, rises to one sixth on top which is: ÂŁ116.78 million, over ÂŁ16million more per year. It will not take long to recoup the cost of the expansion and a new or extended roof. They originally wanted 80,000.

Feb 2010:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8538568.stm

Arsenal have announced that profits have risen to ÂŁ35.2m and debts have been drastically reduced.

Their aim was to get rid of the debt.  Expect very expensive signings from Arsenal from 18 months onwards.

Pre-tax profit of ÂŁ19.3m in the 2004-05 financial year was the last year at Highbury.  Once the loan is paid off in December, the profits should rocket.

The Arsenal success means EFC and LFC have to emulate what Arsenal did - their stadium was key and the key to the stadium success was the rapid-transit access.  To get rapid-transit access LFC need to work with EFC to get the line opened. 

Arsenal  are putting on another 10,000 seats.  I see why LFC want 73,000.  LFC have to get the fans there fast though, like Arsenal do, otherwise it may not be the cash cow that the Emirates is.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #113: Aug 25, 2010 08:53:57 am
      F**k off with your sh*t!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #114: Aug 25, 2010 09:08:00 am

Higgy likes this

Quick Reply