Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Best game out right now

Read 9248 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Best game out right now
      Reply #23: Mar 02, 2008 05:41:59 pm
      Haha Friends...

New one looks really freakin good. Can't wait.

When we expecting release date again? I say expecting cos they'll only go and change it again  :f_steam:
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2008 12:27:23 am
      April 29th
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: Mar 31, 2008 09:22:48 pm
      Ratchet and Clank  :666:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Apr 01, 2008 11:24:03 am
      Anyone know any great games on WII besides Mario Galaxy? I know i sound like a wuss but i just got a WII and dont know really whats good on it or not. Got games on PS2 still but want to switch over permanently to WII.

Cheers.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: Apr 01, 2008 01:12:08 pm
      Anyone know any great games on WII besides Mario Galaxy? I know i sound like a wuss but i just got a WII and dont know really whats good on it or not. Got games on PS2 still but want to switch over permanently to WII.

Cheers.

My wife and I got this console for Xmas (thanks Santa! ;)), and we enjoy it very much! I haven't really talked about it on the forum because I have noticed that most people are into the 360 or the PS3, and the games are not really the same! We enjoy the style of games you can play 3 or 4 people, to have a good laugh on a night in, and for that I can definitely recommend Wii Sports, which you'd probably get with the console anyway! Can't beat a game of bowling or baseball, great fun and addictive too, everyone wants to win!

Two other games for having a great laugh are Warioware Smooth Moves and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, both totally mental games, no sense to them and hilarious!

We bought Mario Galaxy too and have completed it, it is pretty good, follows the style of Mario Sunshine a bit though is bigger and more technically challenging. Another good adventure game is the latest Zelda, another classic, long plot and plenty of side-quests, if you've played Zelda before you won't be disappointed!

We've pre-ordered the new Mario Kart game, and will get it in a couple of weeks, the one with the steering wheels to control the karts, once I've tried it out I'll let you know what I think! As for all that is shoot-em up style games I can't say, we haven't had the console long so my knowledge is pretty limited! I'm keen to try Resident Evil though, and though my wife isn't bothered, I know there is Pro Ev Soccer out too which you might want to try!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2008 03:10:45 pm
      I've played on a Wii Ayrton......I'm sure we have a thread somewhere.

They are great fun to play with friends on especially when you've had a few too many :lmao:
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2008 05:11:51 pm
      Wii are great fun to start with but they get very boring after a while, I bought me youngest girl one for xmas when they were released after wii sports got the going over for a few weeks it really wasnt played with that much, so we have decided to sell it with 82 games and shitload of extras if anyones interested.

Best Game right now is is Rainbow 6 vegas 2, it rocks and what makes it just that little bit better than COD 4 is the fact you can play the single player game right through in Co-op mode, me and the youngest girl have been playing it on the 360 in system link co-op and it really is great, and if you are an achievement whore like meself you get a shitload of achiements doing that way too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Apr 04, 2008 09:27:41 am
      Wii are great fun to start with but they get very boring after a while, I bought me youngest girl one for xmas when they were released after wii sports got the going over for a few weeks it really wasnt played with that much, so we have decided to sell it with 82 games and shitload of extras if anyones interested.

Wii Sports isnt a game you can judge Wii on, its a good game for when your in the mood but you need more!! ;D

My wife and I got this console for Xmas (thanks Santa! ;)), and we enjoy it very much! I haven't really talked about it on the forum because I have noticed that most people are into the 360 or the PS3, and the games are not really the same! We enjoy the style of games you can play 3 or 4 people, to have a good laugh on a night in, and for that I can definitely recommend Wii Sports, which you'd probably get with the console anyway! Can't beat a game of bowling or baseball, great fun and addictive too, everyone wants to win!

Two other games for having a great laugh are Warioware Smooth Moves and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, both totally mental games, no sense to them and hilarious!

We bought Mario Galaxy too and have completed it, it is pretty good, follows the style of Mario Sunshine a bit though is bigger and more technically challenging. Another good adventure game is the latest Zelda, another classic, long plot and plenty of side-quests, if you've played Zelda before you won't be disappointed!

We've pre-ordered the new Mario Kart game, and will get it in a couple of weeks, the one with the steering wheels to control the karts, once I've tried it out I'll let you know what I think! As for all that is shoot-em up style games I can't say, we haven't had the console long so my knowledge is pretty limited! I'm keen to try Resident Evil though, and though my wife isn't bothered, I know there is Pro Ev Soccer out too which you might want to try!

Thanks very much mate! Downloaded the old Mario Kart and some Mario/Donkey Kong games too, awesome!!!! Love the console and can do anything with it.

Fifa 08 is out on it too but i thought i should just wait for 09 considering i have it on PS2.

As for the new Mario Kart, first i've heard of it and must look into that, sounds awesome!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #31: Apr 04, 2008 09:52:31 am
      Wii Sports isnt a game you can judge Wii on, its a good game for when your in the mood but you need more!! ;D

Thanks very much mate! Downloaded the old Mario Kart and some Mario/Donkey Kong games too, awesome!!!! Love the console and can do anything with it.

Fifa 08 is out on it too but i thought i should just wait for 09 considering i have it on PS2.

As for the new Mario Kart, first i've heard of it and must look into that, sounds awesome!

;D! I posted that 3 days ago, but I can now update you on Resident Evil 4, thank the lord for second-hand game shops!  :D  ;) OK, I haven't made much progression having only sarted playing it yesterday, but we're well chuffed with it! It follows the style of it's predecessors being from a third-person perspective, you may well have played it on another consome too as it's been out a while. I haven't, but I can tell you that they make good use of the Wiimote and Nunchuk while you fight off the zombies if they get too close to you or to interact with some objects (breaking windows, boxes etc). Also for running away from boulders or swimming too!

Apart from that I can't say much more as I'm only 3 hours into the game, and can only play at night or "naptime" as I have 2 young kids and I think it's a little bit too gory for them!  ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2008 10:34:37 am by ayrton77 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Apr 04, 2008 10:29:43 am
      Cheers mate, if its a good-un i might just invest in that. For now though it's still Fifa and Mario Galaxy.

Quick Reply