Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Bob Paisley Memorial Thread (updated)

Read 32982 times
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      Bob Paisley Memorial Thread (updated)
      Feb 29, 2008 03:35:15 pm
      Last summer, myself and a few like-minded Reds who use the supporters website www.onthekop.com went to Glenbuck to see the memorial to Bill Shankly. It was more of a pilgrimage really and it struck us that only Liverpool supporters could do something like that to pay homage to one of our greats. Last Christmas thoughts turned to where to visit next and the obvious choice was Hetton-le-Hole, the birth place of Bob Paisley. I looked into it and found that the only memorial to the great man in his hometown was a small plaque high on the wall of one of Bobs former schools.

Our immediate thought was that the supporters of Liverpool Football Club may be able to improve on that.

We think that if a memorial exists for Bill Shankly at the town of his birth then Bob Paisley should be honoured in the same way.

Bob Paisley is our most successful manager with a total of 3 European Cups, 6 League Titles, 3 League Cups, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 European Super Cup and 5 Charity Shields. Bob was named Manager Of The Year 6 times.

All this during a managerial career spanning just 9 seasons.

In 52 years of loyal service to Liverpool Football club, Bob was a player, physiotherapist, coach, manager and director. His achievements will surely be unsurpassed in the game.

In short, Bob Paisley is a World Football Great.

We approached the Paisley family in Liverpool with our idea to construct a memorial to Bob in Hetton-le-Hole. The Paisley family are delighted with the idea and would love to see this become a reality.

We then approached Hetton Town Council. They were really impressed with the idea and in early January invited us to Hetton to meet some of the local councillors and to show us around a few potential sites for the proposed memorial. We have since met with stone masons and construction firms in the Hetton-le-Hole area.

The local people of Hetton-le-Hole are very keen on this idea and fully support it.

Since then things have moved on to the point that we’re ready to commission the project, which will be similar to the Glenbuck memorial.

So now its up to us, the supporters of Liverpool F.C, to make this a reality.

We have decided to open this appeal fund so that supporters from home and abroad can make this happen. What we’re looking for is for supporters either through personal donations or as supporters clubs/organisations to donate whatever they can so that we can get this done as soon as possible, hopefully this summer.

We have already contacted as many supporters clubs as we can in case they need time to organise any fund raising events, should they wish.

A fund raising night is planned by us at The Sandon on March 29th. Details will be available soon, and tickets will be an affordable £10.

Myself and my 12 year old son Jack Graves will be doing a sponsored walk up Englands highest peak Scafell Pike towards the end of April, more details of this will be released soon.

Some websites and supporters clubs have already expressed an interest in holding events so that they can raise funds while celebrating the achievements of Bob Paisley.

If anyone would like further information please contact us at paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk

FUND RAISING ACTIVITIES ARE NOW CLOSED - THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED.

Thank you.

Ian Graves
      For and on behalf of The Bob Paisley Memorial Committee.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2008 02:24:45 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Bob Paisley Memorial Launch Statement
      Reply #1: Feb 29, 2008 06:02:42 pm
      DontBuyTheSun suggested the following video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trn8SfnXLf8
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Feb 29, 2008 06:06:16 pm
      We have the Shankly gates, and a Shankly statue, i think we should have a Paisley statue as well to compliment the Paisley gates and in honor of the man.
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #3: Feb 29, 2008 06:22:35 pm
      We might not be able to give you a knighthood Bob but we sure as hell are going to give you a memorial that you well deserved.

Lads this is your club and Paisley along with Shanks are the 2 greatest managers we ever had lets put Bob up their in his rightfull place as a true legend of Liverpool FC. Any help at all will go a long way to achieving our goal check out the websites above as Ian said in the video its a fan initiative and its only us as fans that can make it work.

Thanks
      Liam
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #4: Feb 29, 2008 11:36:11 pm
      Well said Liam.
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #5: Mar 01, 2008 12:39:53 am

Alright Robbie mate I'd thought that was you when I saw yea
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #6: Mar 01, 2008 02:41:53 pm
      Great big super dooper Bob Paisley Memorial Fundraiser Night 29th March

Is at the Sandon March 29th and tickets at £10 each will be available very soon, probably in time for the West Ham match on Wednesday. Full details of entertainment (and we have got some belters), running order, events within the night etc will be posted up very soon. I think it only fair that those who attended the OTK Christmas party get first dibs on the tickets so if everybody takes up that offer that should take care of about 60 tickets. People who have already asked a BPM committee member to put their name down for a ticket or two will be ok too.

I have to ask that if tickets are to be picked up in person they MUST be paid for at the time in CASH. It will be a nightmare for, "Can I take the tickets now and pay you three weeks next Pancake Tuesday." We just won't be able to keep up with that. The same goes for any that are picked up from the HJC shop. Cash only please. It would be unfair to expect any of the good people who run the shop to be marking down who is going to pay for the tickets and when. Cash only for personal pick up please. Also, no tickets will be "left" at the HJC shop with a name on an envelope for reserved pick up. If you need to pick up from the HJC shop rather than from a BPM member just call in and pay CASH for them; the money will then of course be forwarded to us. Of course if tickets need to be sent out then other payment methods will be accepted. I'll leave Bev to sort that one out in the very capable way she does.

As I say, I'll have tickets with me at the West Ham game so if you wanna come and see me in one of my usual pre-match haunts of the Cabbage or the Solly (the one near the Albert) or the Albert post-match I'll sort you then. At the Newcastle game tickets should be available from most BPM committee members most notably me, Ian (barnieslad), PhilO, Glynn (Willie Bob) and Robbie (Mottman).

If you didn't attend the OTK Christmas party or haven't already expressed an interest to a BPM committee member then please feel free to express that interest now in this thread. I'm not saying tickets will then be AUTOMATICALLY guaranteed as I can see the 240 available tickets going VERY quickly but it will go a very long way.

Thanks.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #7: Mar 02, 2008 10:46:31 pm
      Any ideas or images of the proposed statue/memorial?
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2008 10:15:05 am
      JD it is going to be similar to the Shankly Memorial in Glenbuck this is were the idea came from

Here is a picture memorial can be seen here half way down

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,3621.500.html

And here is that thread from start

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,3621.0.html

The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2008 11:18:14 am
      Hello everyone and many thanks to Liam and Rob for putting this on here.

My name is Ian Graves (the lad in the video) and I'd like to update everyone with our progress.

Firstly, in answer to JD, there are no images of the proposed memorial but it will be along the lines of the magnificent Glenbuck memorial. During our discussions on this we came to the conclusion that it would be just the job, very appropriate for Bob, not too dominating of the War memorial that it will be going near to and ideally placed so that its easy to find for supporters who want to visit on the way to any of the North East clubs.

As Liam has posted just visit the above links for more information.

Now, about the progress of the campaign. Things are going very well with T shirts flying out, donations coming in thick and fast and great interest about the fund raising night at the sandon on March 29th. More details about this can be found on www.onthekop.com on the Liverpool FC forum.

The Spirit Of Shankly have recently offered their full backing for our campaign so all going well I will be speaking about this project at the next Spirit Of Shankly meeting at the Olympia around noon on the day of the Reading game.

We decided right at the beginning of this campaign that if a memorial is going to be built by the fans then this campaign should go out to as many supporters as we can reach, to give as many as we can the opportunity to be a part of it. To that end we have contacted all the supporters clubs and the support from them has been fantastic.

I'd like to thank everyone that has contributed to this project and if anyone is thinking about contributing then please do so. Without the fans support it won't happen. Knowing the Liverpool support as I think I do, it will happen and will be ready for unveiling this summer.

Thank you

Ian Graves.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2008 05:59:05 pm
      Sorry if I've skipped the info but has this been costed?  Is it pie in the sky money or 'doable'.  Surely there would be an opportunity for the local people to make an application for some lottery money or such like?

I assume we are talking thousands as opposed to tens of thousands?
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2008 07:15:45 pm
      Sorry if I've skipped the info but has this been costed?  Is it pie in the sky money or 'doable'.  Surely there would be an opportunity for the local people to make an application for some lottery money or such like?

We're looking at somewhere in the region of £15,000

graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2008 08:30:07 pm
      Think me and the wife will go to this, the tickets are £10 each.

Is there anybody else going.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 04, 2008 02:49:24 am
      Full details for The Bob Paisley Memorial Supporters Fund raiser.

Please follow all the instructions on the first post in this link...

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,7515.0.html

Should be a BOSS night.

The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #14: Mar 06, 2008 02:40:18 am
      Hello everyone, here’s an update on the campaign.

A second youtube clip has been released showing the closing stages of our spot on LFC.TV recently. Here’s the link….

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5zplqkAEEiM

In the second clip, not only do you get to hear my closing comments but you get to hear Supersub telling us a little about Hetton-le-Hole. As Dave says there is a small plaque high on a wall of Bobs former school, but you'd be lucky to see it. It must be 8 feet up the wall and its around 10 inches across.

The reserves game that Dave mentions was the recent fixture against Sunderland. They play all their home games on the Eppleton Colliery Pitch and three of our committee went up for that game and to meet the council again.

I have to say, at the end of the recording, Rik from Milton Keynes - Don't give up that day job kidder  ;D

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far by either buying on one of our T shirts, donating directly or by buying a ticket for our fund raiser. Details for the T shirts can be found on this link....

http://bobpaisleymemorial.homestead.com/index.html

And here's the link for the selling arrangements for the fund raiser but if you fancy coming along, be QUICK...

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,7515.0.html

Please leave any requests in that thread as Peter Evo is dealing with the Fund Raiser, which should be a BOSS night.

The tickets are going really well. Gerry in the HJC shop said he'd had seven requests over the counter before 6pm tonight and he hasn't even put the poster up yet!

If you're thinking of donating, buying a shirt or any other way of getting involved in this memorial for Bob then please do.

Our intention from the very beginning was to allow as many people as possible to be a part of it, and your contribution, however small or substantial, will help to build this memorial.

Thank you,

Ian.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #15: Mar 06, 2008 03:05:53 am

I should really reply more fully to you JD.

My apologies for the earlier very brief response, I've been dead busy recently with the campaign launch.

We are indeed talking thousands rather than tens of thousands but the costings are coming down all the time. We've recently managed to get a lower price for a high quality granite tablet that will form the centre piece of the memorial. We've also managed to get it inside the time we where quoted only a few weeks ago. Not only does this make the project even more do-able than before, it will make it a better bet for going in this summer, which is what we all want to see.

As for accepting lottery money or applying for grants, we decided very early on that yes, that would be good to keep the cost down but it wont cost that much anyway and we want this to be from the fans. From us, to them, for Bob, with love.

The council have been a very great help to us and like the way we are doing things. The local people themselves are donating and following the progress with great interest. They really want this and are backing it 100%

Every single person I have spoken to about this from when I thought of it last Christmas has absolutely loved it.

We think its very do-able indeed, but only with the support of the fans. We think that our approach to the general support of Liverpool Football Club will be well met and ensure that this memorial is unveiled this summer.

Thanks JD,

Ian.

MsGerrard
      Reply #16: Mar 06, 2008 11:07:57 am
      To Ian...

A very worthwhile cause.

Bob Paisley was a legend and such a gentleman, I was very privileged to have met him and I have sent you a cheque today to help with the memorial.

We will never forget Bob..... the most successful Football Manager ever.

I wish you all the best.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #17: Mar 06, 2008 12:45:47 pm
      Thank you very much for your donation MsGerrard.

You have helped to build The Bob Paisley Memorial in his home town of Hetton-le-Hole.

Ian.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Mar 06, 2008 01:54:08 pm
      Thank you very much for your donation MsGerrard.

You have helped to build The Bob Paisley Memorial in his home town of Hetton-le-Hole.

Ian.

Cheers Ian, only glad I could help in a small way. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #19: Mar 06, 2008 11:13:17 pm
      Tickets are £10.00 and are available from the HJC shop opposite the Albert, The shop is open Monday to Friday 10.00 till 14.00, best ring 0151 260 5262 before you set off just to make sure it's open.

Or contact paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk

Please feel free to post these details on any other Liverpool site that you may visit.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Mar 06, 2008 11:25:27 pm
      Tickets are £10.00 and are available from the HJC shop opposite the Albert, The shop is open Monday to Friday 10.00 till 14.00, best ring 0151 260 5262 before you set off just to make sure it's open.

Or contact paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk

Please feel free to post these details on any other Liverpool site that you may visit.

Cheers for all the updates mate. Hope everything is going well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #21: Mar 09, 2008 10:57:57 pm
      I'll stick an article on the site during the week - around the Inter Milan game to give the whole campaign a bit more publicity.  If you want to PM me an article to publish you can, failing that I'll have a crack myself.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #22: Mar 18, 2008 12:23:01 pm
      Hello again everyone, here’s the latest on the campaign.

First, we have a bit of GREAT news. The granite has been ordered and will be with us in plenty of time for the summer. This is really good news as it keeps us on track for a summer unveiling. We reckon that the granite has the longest lead time of all the materials we need so ordering quickly was a must. It also shows that the money donated so far is being put to the use it is meant for – the memorial for Bob.

The next step is to liaise with the construction companies we are talking to in the North East and we aim to do that very soon.

We are spending the money on the memorial as it comes in but we are still a way off the sum that we’ll need to complete our task so PLEASE, if you’re thinking of donating then please do so. Every penny that comes in is helping to build this memorial for Bob and we are negotiating with all the relevant people in the North East to keep cost down. We have revised our target figure down to about 5 to 10 thousand pounds as we negotiate. For example some of the first quotes we got for the granite where around the £3,000 mark and we managed to get that for £1000 while not losing the quality we’re looking for.

The Spirit Of Shankly are fully backing the campaign and recently let me speak at the last meeting before the reading fixture at the Olympia. The message went down very well with loads of donations coming in.

There is a youtube of it here…
      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSZhBR8Ql4

Unfortunately there is a little bit of strong language so please be aware of that if you’re very young or easily offended.

After the meeting we held a quick bucket collection in just a few pubs around the ground. Almost £500 was donated this way in only half an hour and if we decide to do anymore you’ll hear about it here first as it proved to be the ideal way for match going fans to get involved in building this tribute for Bob.

The T shirts where available on the day and proved to be very popular with match going fans. Far and away the most popular shirt on the day was Bobs favourite picture of himself with the old fellers of Hetton-le-Hole.

If anyone has pre-ordered one of these fantastic T shirts then please be patient. As we said at the launch we where taking pre-orders for a mid March delivery. We have now taken delivery of them from the manufacturer and they are being sent out this week although don’t forget its Easter so a few postal days will be lost to us. They will be with you very soon though and I’m sure you’ll be delighted with your shirt. They really where very popular and look the absolute business.

The T-shirts are now available at the HJC shop opposite The Kop and the cost from there is £11. They can also be ordered online at our website….

http://bobpaisleymemorial.homestead.com/index.html

Just follow the online instructions.

Tickets for the Fund Raiser, which is on March 29th, are also available from the HJC shop at £10 each. They are selling very well and rightly so as it should be a very good night so please come along – everyone is welcome and there is entertainment aplenty with a very special raffle. As fund Raisers go ours will be more than affordable as we want to make this more of a ‘fans night’, particularly with the Derby being played the next day. I’m REALLY looking forward to it!

Postal donations are also coming in and are very much appreciated. We’ve had donations ranging from 50p to £50 and some people have been moved to include letters of support with the donation. This gave us an idea. We where recently in the Liverpool Echo and I discussed this with Graham Paisley. He said his mum Jessie was keeping cuttings of all the press that we’re getting so we’ve decided to keep all the letters we get so that we can present a scrap book of them to Mrs Paisley after the campaign so if your donating by post then please enclose a letter for Mrs Paisley, I’m sure she’ll appreciate this as the letters we have been getting have been brilliant. If you’ve written to us in this way thank you very much for your kind words of support.

Here’s the address for postal donations

Bob Paisley Memorial Fund
      PO Box 72
      LIVERPOOL
      L19 1WZ

Donations can be made to directly to our HSBC bank account
      Account Number 73952886
      Sort Code          40-22-25

Thank you very much for your continued support. Together we can make this tribute to Bob a reality.

Ian Graves.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #23: Mar 18, 2008 12:41:55 pm
      Thanks Ian for your update...

It's good to know everything is coming along smoothly.

I feel happy that I've done my bit, and I wish you all the best with your continued fund raising.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Mar 18, 2008 03:33:03 pm
      Great stuff Ian. Especially about making a scrap book for Mrs Paisley. That's brilliant.

Keep the updates coming mate. Good luck.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Mar 21, 2008 04:18:50 pm
      Good to see the article in todays Echo, Ian. Hopefully you'll see an increase in donations.

Scrapbook to tell the tale of Bob Paisley tribute

A SPECIAL scrapbook chronicling the efforts towards erecting a statue to Reds legend Bob Paisley is to be presented to his family.

A fundraising campaign to place a permanent tribute to the Liverpool icon in his birthplace near Sunderland is already underway.

The Bob Paisley Memorial Appeal aims to raise £5,000 to erect a memorial to the manager who won 19 major trophies in nine years.

The project is backed by Liverpool union Spirit of Shankly and £500 was raised in just half an hour in pubs around Anfield before last Saturday’s game against Reading.

A group of Reds fans came up with the idea, and their efforts are being supported by the people of Bob Paisley’s birthplace, Hetton-le-Hole, including the mayor, Tony Wilkinson.

They want to give Bob’s elderly wife Jessie a book which details the story of how the memorial was erected.

The target fundraising figure is £5,000, but the group are still a long way short and are asking for help.

Appeal organiser Ian Graves said: “While predecessor Bill Shankly has been honoured in his hometown of Glenbuck, the only tribute to Paisley in Hetton-le-Hole is a small plaque.

“In 52 years of loyal service to Liverpool Football Club, Bob was a player, physiotherapist, coach, manager and director. His achievements will surely be unsurpassed in the game. In short, Bob Paisley is a world football great.

“We approached the Paisley family with our idea to construct a memorial.

“They were delighted with the idea and would love to see this become a reality.

“We have since met with stonemasons and construction firms in the area. The granite has been ordered and will be with us in plenty of time for the summer.

“The next step is to liaise with the construction companies we are talking to in the north east and we aim to do that very soon.”

Link to article

The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 23, 2008 01:05:56 am
      We have seen a little increase in donations redkenny, and thanks for putting that write up in this thread. Can I just make sure that everyone is clear about one thing, though. We are NOT building a statue. We did stress this to the echo, and certain other papers but they don't seem to know what the Shankly memorial is like. Its about five foot by four foot and is a granite tablet set into a brick or stone structure. it looks the absolute business and is very fitting and we propose to follow suit for one for Bob Paisley in hetton-le-Hole.

About our recent donations, we have started getting more letters for Mrs Paisley which we will include in the scrap book. Every single one will get to her and I know she will really appreciate them.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Mar 23, 2008 03:10:04 am
      Can I just make sure that everyone is clear about one thing, though. We are NOT building a statue. We did stress this to the echo, and certain other papers but they don't seem to know what the Shankly memorial is like. Its about five foot by four foot and is a granite tablet set into a brick or stone structure. it looks the absolute business and is very fitting and we propose to follow suit for one for Bob Paisley in hetton-le-Hole.

Certainly does look the business mate.

Thanks for all the graft you're putting into this Ian. It really does mean a lot.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #28: Mar 24, 2008 07:50:11 pm
      Announcement regarding the £5 raffle at the fundraiser.

The top prize for the raffle is a shirt signed by the Liverpool team that beat Inter Milan at the San Siro.

This wonderful prize has been given to us by our friends at LFC.TV who have been a fantastic help for this fans initiative.

Other items have been donated by Bob at retro reds who is another great friend of this campaign. Please check Retro Reds website for details of the very special photograph that is available to buy to help our campaign and many more fantastic items for Liverpool supporters everywhere

http://www.retroreds.co.uk/1.html

Another great prize has been donated by Graham Paisley and this is a signed photograph of one of Bob’s great sides. Not everyone has signed this but the likes of Dalglish, Souness etc. are all on there and it comes from the Paisley Family’s personal collection.

Tickets for the raffle are only available on the night to people who attend the fundraiser, which takes place at The Sandon near the stadium on March 29th, the night before the Everton game.

Some tickets are still available for the fundraiser but it may be a bit late now for postal applications. Tickets are £10.00 and are available from the HJC shop opposite the Albert, The shop is open Monday to Friday 10.00 till 14.00. Telephone 0151 260 5262.

Or email us on paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk to reserve your tickets.

Don’t forget, some tickets are still left for what promises to be a memorable night but you’ll have to be quick.

Thank you,

Ian Graves.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #29: Mar 24, 2008 09:29:52 pm
      Excellent stuff Ian and everyone else involved.  I will publish a draft of your text on the website.  (Seeing you on that platform reminded me of the Soviet Union government for some reason though).
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #30: Mar 25, 2008 08:26:18 pm
      Seeing you on that platform reminded me of the Soviet Union government for some reason though.

Didn't it! I thought I looked like a scouse Alf Garnett  ;D

We've just taken delivery of a T shirt donated by the New York Reds, signed by Ian Callaghan. Its absolutely BOSS and going in the raffle.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #31: Mar 29, 2008 12:54:08 pm
      Nobody got back to me about this.  Not sure if your tickets are all gone but http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2008/paisley-fundraiser-tonight/
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2008 01:31:04 am
      What a great night the fund raiser was!

Many thanks to Bob at retroreds for the huge amount of lovely signed stuff for the raffle and our great friends at LFC TV for filming on the night and donating the star prize of the signed shirt from the San Siro. This was won by a red who goes EVERYWHERE with LFC and was very well deserved. Well done!

Thanks to everyone who came to support us and a big thank you to all the fantasic acts who entertained so well all evening.

The funds raised from this event came to £2,376, a fantastic amount. Thank you all for your generosity.

Ian.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 22, 2008 07:28:30 pm
      Hello everyone!

MANY APOLOGIES for not posting updates on this website. this is entirely all my fault. I wasn't aware this topic had been moved and assumed it had been binned for some reason. What I should have done is simply searched the site.

I'll bring you up to speed then add the latest update so that you know where we're at and I'll deffo keep this thread updated from now on.

Right, since the fund raiser a football tourny was held in Ireland by irishkop.com. It was a really good day and raised around £1700 for the campaign. Another major contributor recently was the Coleraine supporters club of Northern ireland who raised £600 at their annual dinner dance. Several other supporters clubs from the north where in attendance and their contribution is greatly appreciated. Myself and my son Jack held our sponsored walk up Scafell Pike, the countries highest peak, and did it in 9 hours! I'd like to say this was because Jack is only 12 and I kept stopping for him but, alas, it was all down to me. I had to sit in a hot bath for a fortnight to get over the punishment my old bones took! Anyway, jack took over the fund raising for this and raised a magnificent £400. Well done son!

the campaign got bogged down for about 4-6 weeks by a couple of companies from the north east of England that we where working with and we decided not to continue with them but thanked them for their help. After this we got going with an architect and used the experience of one of our team, who is a builder by trade, to negotiate with builders near to HLH with the right skills to help us. Since this slight reorganisation the campaign has FLOWN along.

So, here's the latest update......

The latest news in the campaign is that the final draft of the plans have been handed to Hetton-le-Hole council for their perusal and they will hand them to Sunderland City Council for the actual planning process to begin.

While that is going on we have approached a small number of builders with the appropriate level of skill for our kind of project. I left this update until very late on in case we’d had a quote back from one of them but we haven’t yet. We think we can expect that this coming week.

We know what kind of materials we’re looking for so it’s just a matter of sourcing that. All of the work will be carried out by craftsmen local to the Hetton-le-Hole area and the materials will be sourced from there too if we can.

We cannot give a date for completion until we get the go-ahead to build from the council but we’ll be ready to build as soon as we get the nod. For that reason we’re winding down the fund raising side of the campaign. Again, we’ve still to receive quotes from the builders but we’re confident that we’ve got enough funds and we don’t want to ask for money that we may not need. If we do need any more funds then we’ll step up the fund raising and hold another event, but we’d like to thank every single person who donated their hard earned money to Bob’s memorial.

If anyone still wants a T shirt they are still available, although we can only order them in certain numbers now. Please email us at paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk with your order and we’ll do our very best to accommodate you. The T shirt showing Bob with the old fellers in HLH is really going down well and the other very popular design shows Bob with the European Cup in ‘77. 

One more thing, during this campaign we’ve had a lot of lovely letters from people telling us about when they met Bob and some have even been lucky enough to have their photo’s took with the great man. This gave us an idea. As you know, Jessie Paisley is following our progress very closely and really likes the idea of what we’re doing. We’ve decided it would be a nice idea to collect all the stories and photos in a scrap book to present to Mrs Paisley after we’ve built the memorial. We’ll include all the relevant stuff that we’ve got from the actual building, like the plans for example, and all the stories and photos will also go in. We’re calling this A Scrapbook for Mrs Paisley and it will never go into publication, it will be only for Mrs Paisley as a nice keepsake of what we’ve all done for Bob. So, did you meet Bob? Got a nice story or a photograph? Send them along to paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk and leave the rest to us. Don’t forget to include your name and where abouts your from (for example Ian from Garston in Liverpool) and we’ll take it from there.

Thanks very much everyone and we hope to get a few nice stories to present to Jessie when we’ve finished.

Ian.

So thats the very latest and, again, my sincere apologies for keeping you in the dark. I'll update this thread as soon as there is anything else to let you know.

Ian.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #34: Jun 22, 2008 07:47:54 pm
      Excellent news.  Let's hope the council are more than accomodating.

A tremendous achievement and well done for all the hard work involved in getting the ball rolling on this one Ian.

We look forward to seeing the work progressing. 

So anybody got any Bob Paisley stories?  Not before my time, but before my conscious Liverpool supporting years.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Bob Paisley Memorial Thread (updated)
      Reply #35: Jun 22, 2008 08:48:02 pm
      Well Done Ian, thats great news, cant wait to see the Memorial when its all sorted !!  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Jun 22, 2008 11:25:01 pm
      I've got some old cine film of Bob driving his Capri into Melwood  :laugh: and some photo's somewhere, will have to root them out.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 23, 2008 12:30:20 am
      Thanks very much for the kind words, and thats very good of you to look for those pictures for us MsGerrard, exactly the kind of thing we're looking for along with the little stories behind them.

Don't forget, we won't be keeping anyones pictures, we're suggesting they are scanned and emailed rather than posted. We'll sort the printing and the only people that will see them are us and the Paisley family.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 24, 2008 11:58:26 pm
      An article on this subject ran on the TV the other night. Its dead good and here it is in two parts of 5 minutes each.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kvxIF3GwJzQ

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou_sic9Y2-8
      MsGerrard
      Reply #39: Jun 25, 2008 08:41:24 am
      Cheers for that link Ian, I watched that with great pride.

I remember in 1977 when we first won the European Cup, Bob saying that he wanted to savour every moment of the occasion, he never touched a drop of alcohol, he just wanted to remember the night for what it was.

Great memories from a great man.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #40: Jun 25, 2008 06:26:26 pm
      That's awesome, Ian.  Well played, sir!   And good to hear that you got lots of great support from Ireland. 

Those two videos filled my tears with pride. 

Bob was an awesome man.  And despite me being up in that graveyard a couple of times (St Peters in Woolton), looking for the famed Eleanor Rigby gravestone.....it wasn't until about 18 months ago that I learned that Bob Paisley was buried up in that same small graveyard.  Jeepers, I wish I had know that when I was in the graveyard. 
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 19, 2008 09:50:39 pm
      Hello again everyone.

Firstly I’d like to thank a company from the North East called GENTOO for donating a very generous £500 for our campaign. A number of company’s in the area have donated money but this is far and away the largest donation of its kind. Thanks very much to GENTOO who I know do a LOT of good work for the people of the North East and Sunderland in particular.

This is the last donation we will be accepting as the fund raising part of the campaign is now CLOSED. A heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who have donated in any way to this memorial.

We’ve been mad busy in recent weeks getting everything sorted out but we’ve finally got there.

The plans are in and we’re only waiting for the council to officially give us the go-ahead to build. This will happen, barring any objections, on Monday 28th July. The council committee have already looked at them and the planning consultant was very impressed with our work to date and could see no problem whatsoever with granting approval.

The builder has been hired. He’s local to the Hetton-le-Hole area and has been recommended to us by the planning consultant who is familiar with his previous work. The builder has also stated on quite a few occasions how proud he’d be to build the memorial.

The final wording on the granite tablet has been decided on and the engravers are chiselling away at that.

So now all there is to decide on is the actual date of the unveiling. After consultation with all the relevant parties we all agree that, as long as planning permission is granted on July 28th, a fantastic opportunity to unveil is before the first game of the season away to Sunderland, AUGUST 16th.

I will announce this date officially after planning permission has been granted but put it this way, I’ve booked my hotel for the Friday and Saturday nights!

Check this thread on Monday 28th of July for the expected announcement of AUGUST 16th.

Not long now till Bob get his memorial in his hometown.

Ian.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #42: Jul 19, 2008 10:15:07 pm
      A fitting tribute to a most wonderful man.

Well Done to you Ian and all those who have been involved in getting this project off the ground.

RIP Bob.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #43: Jul 19, 2008 10:39:51 pm
      Thanks very much for the kind words Ms Gerrard. It has been a lot of hard work but we're nearly there now.

By the way, did you manage to dig out those photo's you mentioned earlier in this thread? They where for Mrs Paisley's scrapbook, remember?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Jul 19, 2008 11:43:44 pm
      Thanks very much for the kind words Ms Gerrard. It has been a lot of hard work but we're nearly there now.

By the way, did you manage to dig out those photo's you mentioned earlier in this thread? They where for Mrs Paisley's scrapbook, remember?

I apologise Ian, to be honest I haven't, they are in the loft, and I promise I will have a look up there tomorrow, shout at me if I haven't done it, but I'll try my best to have a look asap  :)
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #45: Jul 20, 2008 08:05:01 pm
      I apologise Ian, to be honest I haven't, they are in the loft, and I promise I will have a look up there tomorrow, shout at me if I haven't done it, but I'll try my best to have a look asap  :)

Nice one, thanks for going to all the trouble but it'll be well worth it when Jessie gets her book.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #46: Jul 20, 2008 08:10:46 pm
      Nice one, thanks for going to all the trouble but it'll be well worth it when Jessie gets her book.

You've reminded me !!!!

I'm going up there now ............Promise  ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #47: Jul 20, 2008 09:16:43 pm
      Brilliant stuff Ian. I can't wait to see what it looks like mate. Thanks as always for keeping us all updated on the progress of the memorial.

I think the suggested date for the unveiling is fantastic. And I admire yourself and all other parties involved for getting this off the ground (no pun intended) and making it happen.

The great Bob Paisley, You'll Never Walk Alone.
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #48: Jul 23, 2008 10:06:56 pm
      Last summer, myself and a few like-minded Reds who use the supporters website www.onthekop.com went to Glenbuck to see the memorial to Bill Shankly. It was more of a pilgrimage really and it struck us that only Liverpool supporters could do something like that to pay homage to one of our greats. Last Christmas thoughts turned to where to visit next and the obvious choice was Hetton-le-Hole, the birth place of Bob Paisley. I looked into it and found that the only memorial to the great man in his hometown was a small plaque high on the wall of one of Bobs former schools.

Our immediate thought was that the supporters of Liverpool Football Club may be able to improve on that.

We think that if a memorial exists for Bill Shankly at the town of his birth then Bob Paisley should be honoured in the same way.

Bob Paisley is our most successful manager with a total of 3 European Cups, 6 League Titles, 3 League Cups, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 European Super Cup and 5 Charity Shields. Bob was named Manager Of The Year 6 times.

All this during a managerial career spanning just 9 seasons.

In 52 years of loyal service to Liverpool Football club, Bob was a player, physiotherapist, coach, manager and director. His achievements will surely be unsurpassed in the game.

In short, Bob Paisley is a World Football Great.

We approached the Paisley family in Liverpool with our idea to construct a memorial to Bob in Hetton-le-Hole. The Paisley family are delighted with the idea and would love to see this become a reality.

We then approached Hetton Town Council. They were really impressed with the idea and in early January invited us to Hetton to meet some of the local councillors and to show us around a few potential sites for the proposed memorial. We have since met with stone masons and construction firms in the Hetton-le-Hole area.

The local people of Hetton-le-Hole are very keen on this idea and fully support it.

Since then things have moved on to the point that we’re ready to commission the project, which will be similar to the Glenbuck memorial.

So now its up to us, the supporters of Liverpool F.C, to make this a reality.

We have decided to open this appeal fund so that supporters from home and abroad can make this happen. What we’re looking for is for supporters either through personal donations or as supporters clubs/organisations to donate whatever they can so that we can get this done as soon as possible, hopefully this summer.

We have already contacted as many supporters clubs as we can in case they need time to organise any fund raising events, should they wish.

A fund raising night is planned by us at The Sandon on March 29th. Details will be available soon, and tickets will be an affordable £10.

Myself and my 12 year old son Jack Graves will be doing a sponsored walk up Englands highest peak Scafell Pike towards the end of April, more details of this will be released soon.

Some websites and supporters clubs have already expressed an interest in holding events so that they can raise funds while celebrating the achievements of Bob Paisley.

If anyone would like further information please contact us at paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk

FUND RAISING ACTIVITIES ARE NOW CLOSED - THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED.

Thank you.

Ian Graves
      For and on behalf of The Bob Paisley Memorial Committee.

paisleymemorial@hotmail.co.uk
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #49: Jul 28, 2008 03:23:49 pm
      Here’s what we’ve all been waiting for – Planning permission has been granted!

Everything is in place to begin the work of building Bob’s memorial and the Hetton-le-Hole council are preparing the area for the unveiling date, which is SATURDAY AUGUST 16th. We’re looking for an unveiling time of about 12.30 in the afternoon so that any reds that attend can enjoy the day, have a few beers in Bob Paisley’s home town then head off for the game although the time hasn’t been set just yet.

EVERYBODY is welcome to come along on the day and I hope to see you there. I’ll update this thread with actual times and any other arrangements as soon as they are formalised.

Thank you all very much indeed,

Ian.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #50: Jul 28, 2008 08:20:16 pm
      Ian thats brilliant news, very well done to all involved.  Mrs Paisley will be so proud  ;)
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #51: Jul 28, 2008 09:58:14 pm
      Ian thats brilliant news, very well done to all involved.  Mrs Paisley will be so proud  ;)

Thanks Smigger, I've been walking round with a big smile on me face all day! Cannot WAIT to see this go in.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2008 03:13:52 pm
      Hello everyone,

I met with the Hetton council last Friday to arrange the unveiling time of the memorial. I also met with Dave Jefferson who is building the memorial and I met with wades memorials who are sorting the granite tablet for us. Everything was fine and we are all ready for the big day!

The time of the unveiling is at 1pm on Saturday 16th of August and will take place in Hetton Mini Park.

I’m pleased to announce that Bob’s son Robert Paisley will carry out the unveiling. Also in attendance will be the Lady Mayor, Councillor Mrs J Heron.

The Mini Park is where the war memorial is and its right next to a Somerfields supermarket. You can’t really miss this as its right in the town centre of Hetton-le-Hole, just follow the signs for Hetton centre. The Hetton centre is the council offices and is right next to the Eppleton Colliery pitch that Sunderland use for reserve fixtures. There is parking available at the Hetton centre for anyone driving up.

If your looking for Hetton-le-Hole on the map its just north of junction 62 on the A1(M) off the A690.

As I said I spent some time with the builders Dave Jefferson and Sons who are carrying out the work. Dave came very highly recommended and is local to the area, which was one of our must haves. He’s a great lad and came up with the idea of a time capsule under the memorial. We think that’s a lovely touch and shows the pride that Dave Jefferson and Sons have in the work they’re doing for the Bob Paisley memorial.

So it should be a good start to the new season and we hope you come along and see the unveiling of the Bob Paisley memorial.

EVERYBODY is more than welcome.

Ian.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Aug 04, 2008 04:53:47 pm
      Thanks for keeping us updated mate.

For the benefit of anyone thinking of making the trip up to Hetton-le-Hole, do you know roughly how long it might take by car to get there from Liverpool and do you know the postal code for the area where the park is?

Great news that Bobs son Robert will be carrying out the unveiling. Exciting times.

Cheers Ian!
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 04, 2008 08:23:43 pm
      It takes us about 4 hours to get up there redkenny and we usually sack the M62 in favour of the M6 route. We get off the M6 at Tebay and take the A roads through Kirby Stephen and Barnard castle till we hit the A1(M). We find the M62 route to be a lot slower than the M6 because of the weight of traffic

The post code of the Hetton Centre is DH5 9NE. Thats where you'll park and its a two minute walk to the mini park.

Just checked the M6 route and its 161 miles from our house.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: Aug 04, 2008 11:06:21 pm
      Cheers mate. Much appreciated.

Really happy this has all come to a happy conclusion.

This has to be a stop off for anyone going the game that day. Hopefully a few people can post their pics ect of the day.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #56: Aug 06, 2008 08:02:00 am
      This is tremendous news.

A huge well done to everyone involved in this project.  Look forward to the unveiling.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #57: Aug 12, 2008 03:59:28 pm
      A special memorial to honour the life and achievements of the great Bob Paisley will be unveiled in his hometown of Hetton-Le-Hole on Saturday. 
      Following a unique and dedicated campaign by a group of Liverpool supporters, a memorial in the form of a stone surround and engraved granite plaque will be erected in Bob Paisley's honour.

This will give the residents of Hetton-Le-Hole a lasting and fitting tribute to one of their greatest sons.

The unveiling will be on Saturday at 1pm in Hetton mini park, Hetton-Le-Hole. The ceremony will be performed by the Mayor of Hetton, Councillor Mrs J Heron, Bob's son Robert Paisley and Ian Graves, Chairman of the Bob Paisley Memorial Committee. 

lfc.tv

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did some research and it is a bit away but what better way to spend a Saturday then paying tribute to the man who reshaped this great club.

This just makes all those 'fans' who boo the team look so insignificant and these guys who set this up make you proud. The spirit of Liverpool lives on.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #58: Aug 13, 2008 10:17:36 am
      Massive respect to Ian and the rest of the commitee for all the hard work and efforts. a great day for all Redmen
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #59: Aug 13, 2008 01:12:19 pm
      So happy this has come together! Huge congratulations to those who organised it.

What a better way of honouring the great man!
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #60: Aug 19, 2008 08:28:41 pm
      I’m very proud to announce that the Bob Paisley Memorial has been unveiled.

Hundreds of Liverpool supporters, Sunderland supporters and local townsfolk turned out for the occasion. The Paisley family where represented by Bobs son Robert Paisley and his brother Hughie among many others. Hetton town clerk John Price organised the day and the lady Mayor Mrs J Heron oversaw the days events.

The memorial was very well received and everybody was delighted to see it but, most importantly, the Paisley family where thrilled to see the great Bob Paisley honoured in this way in his home town.

On behalf of the Bob Paisley memorial committee I’d like to thank the moderators of this website for allowing us to publicise our appeal here and I’d like to thank each and every one of you who supported this fans initiative in any way, be it by buying a T shirt, donating money or generally supporting us in any way at all.

Each and every one of you should feel immensely proud of yourselves.

I’d also like to thank John Moore and Peter Etherington of www.onthekop.com for allowing their LFC website to be the home of the Bob Paisley Memorial campaign.

If anyone is still to visit Hetton-le-Hole to see the memorial that you have helped build then you may be interested to hear that Liverpool FC reserves are playing Sunderland reserves in Hetton-le-Hole on SEPTEMBER 17TH  with a 7pm kick off time. The game is being played on the former Eppleton Colliery Pitch which is situated at the Hetton Centre, just a short walk from where the memorial is sited with an entrance fee of something like £3 so, if your in the area or are visiting from further afield, why not take the game in at the same time.

The postcode for the Hetton Centre is DH5 9NE if you’d like to check google maps.

I’d also like to announce that LFC.TV are showing a special half hour documentary on Thursday 21st August at 7pm which covers the unveiling very well. In the meantime, here are three youtube clips of the day itself

Part One
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=P8nAaUt5qFc&feature=related

Part Two
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wpie558bFrM&feature=related

Part Three
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2TheQvCdE&feature=related

So, that’s it. Our crusade is over.

Thank you all very much indeed.

The Bob Paisley Memorial Committee

John Marquis
      Glynn Jones
      Tony Magill
      Kevin Lynch
      Beverley Jervis
      Robbie Ashcroft
      Phil Pryce
      Andrew Swift
      And finally, Peter Etherington and myself, Ian Graves.

Now then. Billy Liddell….. ;D

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #61: Aug 19, 2008 08:41:03 pm
      Thanks for that TBPM !!  Absolutely brilliant, the memorial is first class, a fitting tribute to the great man himself, very well done to everyone who organised this, you should all be very proud of yourselves.  :kop5cf8koxp6:   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Aug 19, 2008 09:26:39 pm

:lmao: Great stuff!

I've already expressed my delight and thanks in the thread in the Kop mate.  But once again I'd just like to say a massive thanks to all the The Bob Paisley Memorial Committee and everyone else who made this possible.

Well in Ian!! And well done to your lad for doing that treck!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #63: Aug 19, 2008 10:37:53 pm
      I would like to echo those thoughts above, a very special Well Done to all those involved.

Bob will never be forgotten.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #64: Aug 19, 2008 10:58:16 pm
      I feel a bit bad for stealing the thunder by posting on The Kop yesterday when I didn't get to go but there are some other pictures in here
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,9000.0.html

And well done Ian, and everyone involved.
      The Bob Paisley Memorial
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #65: Aug 20, 2008 05:48:16 pm
      I feel a bit bad for stealing the thunder by posting on The Kop yesterday when I didn't get to go but there are some other pictures in here
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,9000.0.html

And well done Ian, and everyone involved.

There's no need to feel bad at all JD, in fact I'd like to thank you for doing it. I couldn't get anything across the sites any earlier as I'd made a pigs ear of all my photo's and had to start again  ;D

This site has been a great friend of the campaign and it was always a pleasure to read the feedback.

Again, thanks for having me. Its very much appreciated.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #66: Aug 20, 2008 11:37:50 pm
      One of my mates went to this.  Said it was a pretty emotional affair.

Good on you lot.  Damn right Liddell up next.

Quick Reply