Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

(Windows) Computer problems thread

Read 17260 times
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Computer problems. Advice?
      Reply #23: Jul 16, 2008 02:09:05 pm
      Dont blame me if it dies I only copied and pasted this  ;)

"Win XP and Win 2000 have a default setting to restart at just about any error. It makes things difficult to analyze when it blows through and restarts the computer. Settings / Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings. Make sure the box is UNCHECKED where it says "Automatically Restart" under System Failure."

Try the virus scan first, Blaster causes rebooting
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #24: Jul 16, 2008 03:22:26 pm
      The only conclusion I can come to is that it's f*cked! :D

I'd agree with your analysis there.

Honestly though mate your probably best just ringing a Techie if what Venison posted doesn't work.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #25: Jul 16, 2008 06:55:54 pm
      BUMP! :-\

My PC keeps snuffing it. Literally dying while I'm browsing the internet. Just restarts itself.

The only conclusion I can come to is that it's f*cked! :D

Any other theories? ;)

Assuming it isn't a virus, and I will assume that because I know you're not the type to download anything dodgy ;) then I'd say it might be time to start saving up for a new puter.

I had a computer start doing this and one day it just didn't wake up.

My tip - Back up all your data just in case!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Jul 17, 2008 02:59:41 pm
      Thanks for the advice gents! :D

But I must have pre-empted JD's advice. I've actually went out and bought a new PC today! :D

Windows Vista, Microsoft Office, Norton Anti-virus, 20 inch LG widescreen and a sound system with a sub! ;) £530! Pretty chuffed with that!

I desperately needed a PC as I'm starting uni again in a few weeks and I've got a couple of pieces of coursework already! So I'm paying for it in September after all the overtime I'm doing! :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Jul 17, 2008 10:34:35 pm
      Good stuff CRK!

You're probably best getting an external hard drive for all that *ahem* coursework mate. Keep your new comp's one clean and all that like...  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Jul 18, 2008 11:27:02 am
      Good stuff CRK!

You're probably best getting an external hard drive for all that *ahem* coursework mate. Keep your new comp's one clean and all that like...  ;)

Very good point that!

Would an external hard drive be much better for the computer for storing all my pilfered Bitlord treasures coursework? Wasn't sure whether 'doing coursework' on this would be a good idea, it being a spanking new system an all!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #29: Jul 18, 2008 12:15:16 pm
      Very good point that!

Would an external hard drive be much better for the computer for storing all my pilfered Bitlord treasures coursework? Wasn't sure whether 'doing coursework' on this would be a good idea, it being a spanking new system an all!

I tend to keep most of my stuff on an external hard drive.  The only real stuff I keep on my computer is all my iTunes folder.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #30: Jul 19, 2008 07:14:29 pm
      I tend to keep most of my stuff on an external hard drive.  The only real stuff I keep on my computer is all my iTunes folder.

Probably safer that way in terms of keeping everything should the PC snuff (ala my last PC! :D)
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #31: Aug 27, 2008 09:47:59 am
      Gifs aren't animated in IE7 on my pc, anyone got any ideas?

Can't find any advice online that actually works.

TIA.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #32: Aug 29, 2008 10:56:03 pm
      Can someone help me. I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player and I have had it for about 3 years now. It has caused me a few problems in the past (the software) and now it has started to drive me mad. I open the software and it shows at the bottom of the window, the software recognizing the songs. However, when I go to transfer the songs to the device, it usually shows all the songs on the mp3 player. However, now it tells me how much of the capacity I have used and it wont let me tranfer the songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently updated the software and it was excellent. But now it has changed back to the old version. I have tried to update it again but it aint working! Anyone help me?   :mad:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Aug 29, 2008 11:11:51 pm
      Can someone help me. I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player and I have had it for about 3 years now. It has caused me a few problems in the past (the software) and now it has started to drive me mad. I open the software and it shows at the bottom of the window, the software recognizing the songs. However, when I go to transfer the songs to the device, it usually shows all the songs on the mp3 player. However, now it tells me how much of the capacity I have used and it wont let me tranfer the songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently updated the software and it was excellent. But now it has changed back to the old version. I have tried to update it again but it aint working! Anyone help me?   :mad:

If i were you i'd get a new one, it sounds as if it has some sort of virus on it.

Or if you are able to save all the songs onto your p.c then you could format the mp3 and when you put them back on it should work fine. (the only problem i know of when doing this is that when you select to format it nothing happens and just stays the same and for some reason does'nt recognise the request)
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #34: Aug 29, 2008 11:17:10 pm
      If I were you I'd get a new one, it sounds as if it has some sort of virus on it.

Or if you are able to save all the songs onto your p.c then you could format the mp3 and when you put them back on it should work fine. (the only problem I know of when doing this is that when you select to format it nothing happens and just stays the same and for some reason does'nt recognise the request)

That all sounds quite complicated ;D Cheers for the help tho
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #35: Aug 30, 2008 09:21:23 am
      Can someone help me. I have a Sony Walkman mp3 player and I have had it for about 3 years now. It has caused me a few problems in the past (the software) and now it has started to drive me mad. I open the software and it shows at the bottom of the window, the software recognizing the songs. However, when I go to transfer the songs to the device, it usually shows all the songs on the mp3 player. However, now it tells me how much of the capacity I have used and it wont let me tranfer the songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently updated the software and it was excellent. But now it has changed back to the old version. I have tried to update it again but it aint working! Anyone help me?   :mad:

The Walkman programme in general has been plagued with problems for years. I opted for a 20Gb Philips Jukebox when I was buying mine, and that was just as bad.

At the minute, I just use my phone (coincidentally, a Sony Ericsson :D) but I'm planning on what I should have done in the first place. Buying an iPod :D
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #36: Nov 02, 2008 04:12:17 pm
      Need some advice on something. Is it possible to connect my laptop which has 3 broadband to my PS3 so i can play online football or is it too slow. I have an ethernet cable.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #37: Nov 10, 2008 11:06:22 pm
      My you tube isn't working,the videos don't appear, what should I do?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #38: Nov 10, 2008 11:21:53 pm
      Close youtube and open it again. If that doesn't work restart your comp.

If that doesn't work. Have you recently updated your operating system? Or uninstalled any software like adobe flash?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #39: Nov 10, 2008 11:28:46 pm
      I updated adobe from flash player 7 to flash player 10, does that make a difference?

Thanks for the reply.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Nov 10, 2008 11:52:34 pm
      What web browser are you using mate? Firefox? It does seem like the update might be the problem.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Nov 11, 2008 03:47:36 pm
      Thanks,I just uninstalled it and it's working grand again.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #42: Nov 11, 2008 07:44:00 pm
      I have a problem with my Epson cx3600 printer, it's saying that parts inside have reached the end of there lives I understand the printer can be reset to fool it into thinking everything is fine, has anyone else heard this and how do I go about doing it ?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      help needed
      Reply #43: Dec 05, 2008 08:34:50 pm
      As a few of you know i got a virus this week ,thought i had it sorted but tried my pc last night and on start up i keep getting a message saying NTLDR missing does anyone know what this means and what can be done about it ,it sounds terminal to me but i am hoping someone can give me some advice
                                                                                  thanks .
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: help needed
      Reply #44: Dec 05, 2008 08:44:17 pm
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #45: Dec 05, 2008 09:20:47 pm

:f_wah: :f_wah:

Quick Reply