Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Margaret Rutherford / Jim Stringer Davis

Read 4018 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Margaret Rutherford / Jim Stringer Davis
      Dec 16, 2018 11:32:20 am
      I doubt many will be too interested in the old Miss Marple films but they are a favourite of mine.
      I happened to come across a Documentary about her on Amazon and what a life she had even from a young girl.Her father murdered his own father and went into a mental institution when he married they went to India and her mother hanged herself when she was just two years old and was brought up by an Auntie after her father was returned to the Asylum . She was told her father was dead even though he was just held in Hospital.She was also the Cousin of Tony Benn.
      Her Husband Jim was from Birkenhead and served in both world Wars and looked after her when she developed Dementia until her death in 1972 Jim died a year later.
      Not interesting to many I guess but I always find it interesting when you learn more about people you have seen for many years but never really knew much about
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Margaret Rutherford / Jim Stringer Davis
      Reply #1: Dec 16, 2018 02:58:16 pm
      I doubt many will be too interested in the old Miss Marple films but they are a favourite of mine.
      I happened to come across a Documentary about her on Amazon and what a life she had even from a young girl.Her father murdered his own father and went into a mental institution when he married they went to India and her mother hanged herself when she was just two years old and was brought up by an Auntie after her father was returned to the Asylum . She was told her father was dead even though he was just held in Hospital.She was also the Cousin of Tony Benn.
      Her Husband Jim was from Birkenhead and served in both world Wars and looked after her when she developed Dementia until her death in 1972 Jim died a year later.
      Not interesting to many I guess but I always find it interesting when you learn more about people you have seen for many years but never really knew much about

Thanks for sharing this Walton, I’ve learned something today.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Dec 16, 2018 09:44:21 pm
      Thanks for sharing this Walton, I’ve learned something today.

its a lesson to us all that we sometimes judge people without really knowing them .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3: Dec 26, 2018 12:44:17 pm

Love to hear stories like this so interesting

Quick Reply