Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General transfer discussion (Summer 2008)

Read 56250 times
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: General transfer discussion
      Reply #736: Aug 13, 2008 02:17:30 pm
      maybe he wouldnt help my grandads tomatoes grow like horse manure but hes about useful to this liverpool side as horse manure !
      cant score, cant cross, cant pass,cant beat a man, umm, not looking too good for him is it

ok, if pennant was any good, rafa would play him week in week out !
      or,
      people would be clamouring to sign him...

I dont see either of these things happening, do you chico?

Ok... Name me a better wideman that provides width who's available right now.

ok lets see, name a better wide man than pennant. thats bit too easy chico!
      silva ? hleb ? robben, robinho, bentley? um, ronaldo ? the fella at man city on the left ?
      I could go on as are so many better players.

so lets stick to the script then...

we struggle to break down teams sometimes because we do not have width or decent wide men and cannot rely on babel the whole time.

Err...Out of the truck loads of players you mentioned that were better than Pennant (sarcasm), Who was available to us apart from Bentley??
      I've said in previous posts that i'd only replace Jermain with a world class player like Silva or somebody of Silva's quality.
      World class wide men are rare and cost the price of a small country (hence the reason you only named a few).
      Just because Pennant isn't in the elite few you just about managed to mention, it doesn't mean he's horseshite..
      Some people may argue that Bentley is better than Pennant and he was definitely available but i think Pennant is potentially as good..

Oh and another thing.. I'll admit he didn't score many but to say he can't cross, pass or beat a man is garbage..
      You might need invest in sky or setanta cos it sounds like you've been watching too many dodgy streams from Justin tv.. Next you'll be saying that Jay spearing is 6 foot 7 with Kevin Keegan hair..  :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #737: Aug 13, 2008 06:28:12 pm
      Too right lad. Pennant gets past his man briliantly and has a tremendous cross. Just he doesnt score or come in and has his dismal past holding him back from being rated by anyone.

I like him.
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #738: Aug 13, 2008 11:29:49 pm
      I saw someone mentioned interest in frank ribery if the silva or barry deal didn't work out...what's the likelihood of that happening?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #739: Aug 13, 2008 11:31:41 pm
      I saw someone mentioned interest in frank ribery if the silva or barry deal didn't work out...what's the likelihood of that happening?

probably have more chance of the yanks standing down knowing our luck but you never know ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #740: Aug 14, 2008 11:06:04 am
      I think he'll cross Rafa's mind at some stage.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #741: Aug 14, 2008 12:18:38 pm
      I think he'll cross Rafa's mind at some stage.

That would be tremendous news.. Infact I'd probably have him at anfield before Silva..
      But with these c***s at the helm its very unlikely..  :mad:
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #742: Aug 14, 2008 10:23:32 pm
      The word now is that Silva's staying at Valencia, and that the Barry deal is getting farther and farther away from being settled...what now? Are we gonna go into the season not making any other deals?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #743: Aug 15, 2008 05:59:52 am
      If Rafa doesnt sign someone, its not voluntarily. Those Yanks are the stepping stone Rafa needs to pass if he wants another face in the side.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #744: Aug 20, 2008 10:01:08 pm
      Arsenal have snapped up Mikael Silvestre from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.

The French defender was sidelined for much of last season due to injury before returning to action in March.

He has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer and the likes of Roma and Bordeaux have both expressed an interest.

A number of Premier League clubs including Manchester City and Sunderland have also been connected with Silvestre but United have now allowed him to join fierce rivals Arsenal.

Silvestre signed for United from Internazionale in 1999 and made almost 250 appearances for the club.

He will now look to rediscover his best form at Emirates Stadium and challenge Gael Clichy for a place at left-back after signing a two-year deal with the Gunners.

United no longer wanted Heinze but refused to sell him to us........They then no longer wanted Silvestre and sold him to Arsenal. I did'nt thik you sold players to your rivals.
      This shows 2 very interesting things

1. Arsenal have no title ambitions for this season
      2. United view us as more of a threat to their (our) title

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_4020298,00.html

Sorry if its a pointless post but I actually found it quite amusing :-\
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #745: Aug 20, 2008 10:04:02 pm
      Very flattering pic of him on that link KK. :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,783 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #746: Aug 20, 2008 10:20:50 pm
      KK that's not a pointless post mate, just shows you Fergies mindset...I think you're right mate, Fergies more sh*t scared of us then he is of The Arse. Tosser.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #747: Aug 21, 2008 02:17:19 pm
      I agree. Think he's more scared of us, and supplying us with a quality player wouldn't exactly do us much harm! :D

Silvestre to Arsenal though? Strange one isn't it! :D

Very flattering pic of him on that link KK. :D

Lovely pic! :lmao:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #748: Aug 21, 2008 07:00:49 pm
      I didnt want to start a new topic on a player that isnt linked with us... but what is peoples opinion of.... what is he callled... Gareth Barry... is that right?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #749: Aug 21, 2008 07:04:16 pm
      Gareth who? i would change my second name Barry and play for free.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #750: Aug 21, 2008 07:09:00 pm
      Gareth who? I would change my second name Barry and play for free.

You wont be cheap to buy though :P
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #751: Aug 21, 2008 07:12:26 pm
      Would just be proud to put on that red shirt, and free beer.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #752: Aug 21, 2008 07:41:43 pm
      Would just be proud to put on that red shirt, and free beer.

I think i'd actually do well so i would, become a world class player all of a sudden with the kop behind me :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #753: Aug 21, 2008 07:49:31 pm
      United no longer wanted Heinze but refused to sell him to us........They then no longer wanted Silvestre and sold him to Arsenal. I did'nt thik you sold players to your rivals.
      This shows 2 very interesting things

1. Arsenal have no title ambitions for this season
      2. United view us as more of a threat to their (our) title

I think these are the 2 'interesting things' to be deduced from this.

Heinze was decent and Silvestre is sh*t.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #754: Aug 21, 2008 07:54:41 pm
      I think these are the 2 'interesting things' to be deduced from this.

Heinze was decent and Silvestre is sh*t.

This is actually real, my mate said this happend i thought it was a piss take :lmao:
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #755: Aug 22, 2008 09:52:37 pm
      From Ferguson:
      We knew the price we wanted and informed the teams who came in for him. He went up to Sunderland last Friday, and was very positive about that, then Manchester City came on to the scene."

"He was halfway through his medical when Arsenal came in. We have no complaints with the deal at all."

lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #756: Aug 23, 2008 01:44:11 am
      Are all the rumors about Quaresma true or is that just fan talk?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #757: Aug 26, 2008 07:45:27 pm
      http://www.4thegame.com/transfer-rumours/feature/219397/summer_transfers_clubbyclub.html

SUMMER TRANSFERS CLUB-BY-CLUB

Monday 25 August 2008
      4thegame's comprehensive list of all this summer's top transfers from the Barclays Premier League...

ARSENAL:

In: Mikael Silvestre (Manchester United, undisclosed); Samir Nasri (Marseille, undisclosed); Aaron Ramsey (Cardiff, undisclosed); Amaury Bischoff (Werder Bremen, undisclosed);

Out: Aleksandr Hleb (Barcelona, £11.8m); Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan, free); Jens Lehmann (Stuttgart, free); Kerrea Gilbert (Leicester, loan); Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos, £1million); Nacer Barazite (Derby, loan); Armand Traore (Portsmouth, loan);

---------------------------------------------------------

ASTON VILLA:

In: Carlos Cuellar (Rangers, £7.8m); Nicky Shorey (Reading, undisclosed); Curtis Davies (West Bromwich Albion, undisclosed); Steven Sidwell (Chelsea, £5million); Brad Friedel (Blackburn, undisclosed);

Out: Luke Moore (West Brom, £3million); Patrik Berger (released); Olof Mellberg (Juventus, free); Shaun Maloney (Celtic, undisclosed);

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLACKBURN ROVERS:

In: Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur, £3.5m); Carlos Villanueva (Audax Italiano, season-long loan); Danny Simpson (Manchester United, loan); Julio Santa Cruz (Cerro Porteno, undisclosed);

Out: David Bentley (Tottenham, undisclosed); Maceo Rigters (Barnsley, loan); Jamie Clarke (Accrington Stanley, loan); Brad Friedel (Aston Villa, undisclosed); Bruno Berner (released); Stephane Henchoz(released); Peter Enckelman(released); Raffaele De Vita (Livingston, free);

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOLTON WANDERERS:

In: Daniel Shittu (Watford, undisclosed); Fabrice Muamba (Birmingham, £5million); Johan Elmander (Toulouse, undisclosed);

Out: El Hadji Diouf (Sunderland, undisclosed); Abdoulaye Meite (West Brom, £2million); Andranik Teimourian (Fulham, free); Daniel Braaten (Toulouse, exchange); Ivan Campo (released); Stelios Giannakopoulos (released);

CHELSEA:

In: Deco (Barcelona, undisclosed); Jose da Silva Bosingwa (Porto, £16.2million); Fabio Paim (Sporting Lisbon, loan);

Out: Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan, undisclosed); Claudio Pizarro (Werder Bremen, loan); Ben Sahar (Portsmouth, six-month loan); Ryan Bertrand (Norwich, loan); Slobodan Rajkovic (FC Twente, loan); Steven Sidwell (Aston Villa, £5million); Claude Makelele (Paris St Germain, free); Tal Ben-Haim (Man City, undisclosed); Shaun Cummings (MK Dons, loan); Anthony Grant (Southend United, free); Lee Sawyer (Southend, loan); Jack Cork (Southampton, loan);

EVERTON:

In:

Out: Andrew Johnson (Fulham, undisclosed); Lee Carsley (Birmingham City, free); Stefan Wessels (released); Darren Dennehy (Cardiff, free); Jamie Jones (Leyton Orient, free);

FULHAM:

In: Andrew Johnson (Everton, undisclosed); John Paintsil(West Ham United, £6.3m combined deal);
      Bobby Zamora (West Ham United, £6.3m combined deal); Andranik Teimourian (Bolton, free); Zoltan Gera (West Brom, free); David Stockdale (Darlington, undisclosed); Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, undisclosed); Toni Kallio (Young Boys, free); Fredrik Stoor (Rosenborg, undisclosed); Pascal Zuberbuhler (Neuchatel Xamax, free);

Out: Eddie Johnson (Cardiff City, loan); David Healy (Sunderland, undisclosed); Steven Davis (Rangers, £3million); Hameur Bouazza (Charlton, loan);
      Carlos Bocanegra (released); Philippe Christanval (released); Jari Litmanen (released); Ian Pearce (released); Brian McBride (released); Tony Warner (Hull City, free); Elliot Omozusi (Norwich, season-long loan); Dejan Stefanovic (Norwich, undisclosed); Nathan Ashton (Wycombe, undisclosed);

HULL CITY:

In: Bernard Mendy (Unattached, free); Craig Fagan (Derby County, £750,000); Geovanni (Man City, free); Tony Warner (Hull City, free); Peter Halmosi (Plymouth Argyle, undisclosed); George Boateng (Hull City, undisclosed) Anthony Gardner (Tottenham Hotspur, £2.5m); Marlon King (Wigan Athletic, loan);

Out: Jay Jay Okocha (released); David Livermore (Brighton, free); Michael Bridges (Carlisle, season-long loan);

LIVERPOOL:

In: Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur, £19m); Philipp Degen (Borussia Dortmund, free); Andrea Dossena (Udinese, undisclosed); Diego Cavalieri (Palmeiras, undisclosed); Emmanuel Mendy (Murcia Deportivo, free); David Ngog (Paris Saint-Germain, undisclosed);

Out: Sebastian Leto (Olympiakos, loan); Scott Carson (West Bromwich Albion, £3.25m); Peter Crouch (Portsmouth, £9m);John Arne Riise (Roma, £4m); Harry Kewell (released); Anthony Le Tallec (Le Mans, undisclosed); Adam Hammill (Blackpool, loan); Godwin Antwi (Tranmere, loan); David Martin (Leicester City, loan); Craig Lindfield (Bournemouth, loan);

MANCHESTER CITY:

In: Jo (CSKA Moscow, undisclosed); Tal Ben-Haim (Chelsea, undisclosed); Vincent Kompany (Hamburg, undisclosed);

Out: Ashley Grimes (Millwall, undisclosed); Garry Breen (Hereford United, undisclosed); Andreas Isaksson (PSV Eindhoven, undisclosed); Sun Jihai (Sheffield United, free); Geovanni (Hull City, free); Matthew Mills (Doncaster, £300,000);

MANCHESTER UNITED:

In:

Out: Mikael Silvestre (Arsenal, undisclosed); Lee Martin (Nottingham Forest, loan); Danny Simpson (Blackburn Rovers, loan); Kieran Lee (Oldham Athletic, free); Gerard Pique (Barcelona, free); Febian Brandy (Swansea City, loan); Craig Cathcart (Plymouth, loan);

MIDDLESBROUGH :

In: Marvin Emnes (Sparta Rotterdam, £3.2m); Didier Digard (Paris St-Germain, £4million);

Out: Lee Cattermole (Wigan Athletic, undisclosed); Steve Thompson (Port Vale, free); Mark Schwarzer (Fulham, undisclosed); Jason Kennedy (Darlington, free); Lee Dong-Gook (released); Gaizka Mendieta (released); Fabio Rochemback (released); George Boateng (Hull City, undisclosed); Tony McMahon (Sheffield Wed, loan);

NEWCASTLE UNITED:

In: Jonas Gutierrez (Real Mallorca, undisclosed); Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo la Coruna, undisclosed);

Out: Stephen Carr (released); Peter Ramage (QPR, free); David Rozehnal (Lazio, £2.9m); Abdoulaye Diagne Faye (Newcastle, £2.25million);

PORTSMOUTH :

In: Jerome Thomas (Charlton, undisclosed); Peter Crouch (Liverpool, £9m); Glen Little (Reading, undisclosed); Ben Sahar (Chelsea, six-month loan); Omar Koroma (Banjul Hawks, undisclosed); Younes Kaboul (Tottenham, undisclosed); Armand Traore (Arsenal, loan);

Out: Sulley Muntari (Internazionale, £12.7m); Omar Koroma (Norwich City, loan); Asmir Begovic (Yeovil, loan); Pedro Mendes (Rangers, £3m);

STOKE CITY:

In: David Kitson (Reading, £5.5million); Abdoulaye Diagne Faye (Newcastle, £2.25million); Amdy Faye (Charlton, undisclosed); Andrew Davies (Stoke City, £1.3million);

Out: Marlon Broomes (Blackpool, free); Russell Hoult (released); Dominic Matteo (released); Adam Rooney (Inverness, £50,000);

SUNDERLAND :

In: Djibril Cisse (Marseille, loan); David Healy (Fulham, undisclosed); Steed Malbranque (Tottenham, undisclosed); El Hadji Diouf (Bolton Wanderers, undisclosed); Teemu Tainio (Tottenham Hotspur, undisclosed); Nick Colgan (Unattached, free); David Meyler (Cork City, undisclosed);

Out: Trevor Carson (Chesterfield, loan); Arnau Riera (Falkirk, loan); Andy Cole (released); Ian Harte (released); Stanislav Varga (released); Stephen Wright (released); Greg Halford (Sheffield United, season-long loan); Andy Cole (Nottingham Forest, free); Ross Wallace (Preston, season-long loan);

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR:

In: David Bentley (Blackburn, undisclosed); Giovani Dos Santos (Barcelona, £4.7m); Luka Modric (Dinamo Zagreb, £16.5m); Heurelho Gomes (PSV Eindhoven, undisclosed); Cesar Sanchez (Real Zaragoza, undisclosed);

Out: Younes Kaboul (Portsmouth, undisclosed); Anthony Gardner (Hull City, £2.5m); Robbie Keane (Liverpool, £19m); Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers, £3.5m); Leigh Mills (Brentford, loan); Simon Dawkins (Leyton Orient, loan); Joe Martin (Blackpool, undisclosed); Tommy Forecast (Southampton, undisclosed); Teemu Tainio (Tottenham Hotspur, undisclosed); Steed Malbranque (Sunderland, undisclosed);

WEST BROMWICH ALBION:

In: Scott Carson (Liverpool, £3.25m); Luke Moore (Aston Villa, £3million); Abdoulaye Meite (Bolton, £2million); Kim Do-Heon (Seongnam Ilhwa Shunma, £550,000); Roman Bednar (Hearts, £2.3m); Michal Danek (Viktoria Plzen, loan); Gianni Zuiverloon (Heerenveen, £2.3m); Graeme Dorrans (Livingston, £100,000); Marek Cech (Porto, £1.4m);

Out: Zoltan Gera (Fulham, free); Luke Steele (Barnsley, free); Martin Albrechtsen (Derby, free); Curtis Davies (Aston Villa, undisclosed); Kevin Phillips (Birmingham City, free); Stefan Morrison (Swansea, free);

WEST HAM UNITED:

In: Orn Eyjolfsson (HK Kopavogur, undisclosed); Valon Behrami (Lazio, £5million); Jan Lastuvka (Shakhtar Donetsk, loan);

Out: Nolberto Solano (released); John Paintsil(Fulham, £6.3m combined deal); Bobby Zamora (Fulham, £6.3m combined deal); Richard Wright (Ipswich Town, undisclosed);

WIGAN ATHLETIC:

In: Lee Cattermole (Middlesbrough, undisclosed); Daniel De Ridder (Birmingham City, free); Olivier Kapo (Birmingham City, £2.5m); Amr Zaki (Zamalek, loan);

Out: Marlon King (Hull City, loan); David Cotterill (Sheffield United, undisclosed); Julius Aghahowa (Kayserispor, undisclosed); Salomon Olembe (released); Josip Skoko (released); Andrew Webster (Rangers, undisclosed); Andreas Granqvist (Groningen, undisclosed);

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________________

Nearly all of Arsenal's 'ins' are for undisclosed amounts. Cheapskates
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #758: Aug 28, 2008 11:14:50 pm
      Was Bently not confirmed for 15mill

Quick Reply