Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General transfer discussion (Summer 2008)

Read 56248 times
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Re: General transfer discussion
      Reply #782: Sep 02, 2008 01:43:08 pm
      Robinho has signed for City. IMO he will flop like Shevchenko, he is all flair and skills where as no one else in the City team are. They think because they have him that he will be a massive hit and win them the league, I honsestly think he will find it too physical
      Chelsea thought the same when they bougtht Sheva and look how he turned out.   All these players are hyped up by the media and attract big clubs with money to throw around.  They may have quality, but it takes a certain type to make it in the Prem.

Easy conclusions and generalisations here.

Robinho is class in La Liga, will he be here? Nobody knows.

Sheva flopped, allthough he is not the smallest guy, and he had been playing CL against all kinds of opposition for many years. Ronaldo was lightweight and a push-over-cry-baby when he came (at times still is) but quite succesfull now. He is pretty much flair and skill like Robinho is. Small guys like Garcia and Yossi have made it in the PL, bigger guys like Veron and Luque have flopped. Torres surprisingly had no problem with the physical aspect of the PL, Morientes was totally lost in this league. Foreseing who will flop and who will make it is not so straightforward. Not all players who can make a step-over are overhyped. Some actually use their tricks constructivly in a game.

Btw. What ever happened to Itandje? Do we still have Reina, Cavalieri, Itandje and Martin in our squad? If we were in such need of selling, why do we have 4 good GK's in our squad?
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #783: Sep 02, 2008 04:36:52 pm
      Thank God, the transfer deadline is over and gone, at least we have a few months of trying to get back to normal, before it all starts again in Jan. 09.

All this talk about Villa, Barry, and all the others we where linked with, was starting to do my head in, most of it we got wrong.

Mind you if you look at the prediction game, most of that I get wrong.  ;D
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #784: Sep 02, 2008 07:09:56 pm
      I'll be honest :(

Everton have signed a real player in Fellaini. Looked amazing against us hopefully he does sh*t though.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: General transfer discussion (Summer 2008)
      Reply #785: Sep 02, 2008 10:46:19 pm
      I'll be honest :(

Everton have signed a real player in Fellaini. Looked amazing against us hopefully he does sh*t though.

I sense they felt threatened and put in a hopeful bid to try and break up the team a little!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #786: Sep 03, 2008 01:59:37 am
      To be honest, all the Liege players looked decent.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #787: Sep 03, 2008 02:08:59 am

But did they just look decent because of how bad we played? Havant and waterlooville looked decent against us due to how bad we played but yet in their league they struggle :-\

(if that makes sense)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #788: Sep 03, 2008 02:17:04 am
      Not over 2 games KK.  They pushed us to the wire in 210 minutes and we all know we were lucky to go through.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #789: Sep 03, 2008 02:17:50 am
      Teams seem to up their game if they're playing against excellent opposition. It's a bit hard to explain, but let me try:

If you were playing football with your mates, just a quick knockabout or something, and a semi-pro team ask you for a game ... you automatically up your game don't you? 'Cause you don't want to look bad, and you feel that you have to at least try and beat them.

I know it's not the best example, but that's how H&W & Standard Liege played. They didn't want to disappoint their fans, or more importantly, themselves.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #790: Sep 03, 2008 02:18:52 am
      Not over 2 games KK.  They pushed us to the wire in 210 minutes and we all know we were lucky to go through.

Very true.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #791: Sep 03, 2008 06:21:39 am
      Hi guys 1st post , not to happy with our signings ,its down to these clowns in charge the sooner they get out of Liverpool the better , as for the other signings Man City scary amounts of dosh flying about ,sorry to say this but Fergies done it again bought a player I think who will make the biggest impact to a team Berbatov a huge signing for them , Rooney  better start producing the goods me thinks ,
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #792: Sep 03, 2008 06:30:57 am
      Agree with that matey.

Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez, then Nani and Anderson. We have Gerrard, Torres, Riera, Kuyt and Keane then Babel and Benayoun. But we have a better defence i feel and better midfielders so we have the upper hand in that case, just have to play to our strengths against the bas**rds.

I'm abit suss of how late their deal went through though although if Ferguson said the first team to score in a match wins then it would probably be introduced so cant do anything about it.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #793: Sep 03, 2008 12:37:25 pm
      their brazilian defender was particualrly good....cant remember his name though.....he would have been a better purchase for anybody

Quick Reply