Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Reds take 100% control of LFC.TV

Read 2390 times
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reds take 100% control of LFC.TV
      Mar 05, 2008 05:01:16 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159060080305-1338.htm

Liverpool Football Club today confirmed that it has taken overall control of Liverpoolfc.tv for the first time after completing the purchase of ITV's 50% stake in the company.
      Liverpool Chief Executive Rick Parry described the deal as a major plus for the club.

"We're really pleased this has now been finalised and we've acquired 100% of the business," he said. "We've always been very proud of and committed to the success of both the website and, more recently, the TV channel. Not only are they integral to the success of the football club going forward, we continue to see the website and TV channel being hugely important in helping us communicate with our fan base all over the world."

Meanwhile, Jonathan Rogers, ITV's Director of Operations, said: "Liverpoolfc.tv has grown to become the UK's most popular football club website and we wish them the very best for the future."

Formed in 2000, Liverpoolfc.tv was set up as a joint venture between Liverpool Football Club and ITV to manage the club's digital media services. The first fruits of the partnership saw the launch of the club's official website, www.liverpoolfc.tv, in April 2001. In 2002, it was officially recognised as the most visited football club website in the world, with fans from 139 countries viewing 13.3 million pages a month.

In 2005, www.liverpoolfc.tv set a new record for football club websites when 2.8 million supporters viewed 48 million pages during the month of May alone. Twelve months later, www.liverpoolfc.tv was voted the UK's best Sports Site in the 2006 Website of the Year awards and named the Best Premier League Club Website after an extensive survey carried out by the FA Premier League.

In 2007, www.liverpoolfc.tv was again voted Best Sports Site in the 2007 Website of the Year awards and set a new record in July with 2.9 million supporters viewing 65,000 million page impressions during the month. In August 2007, the website was again named the most popular football club site in the UK.

A month later, Liverpoolfc.tv launched a dedicated club TV channel, LFC TV, available free to subscribers of Setanta's Sports Package and fans who have signed up for the website's e-Season Ticket package, the world's most successful premium content football club subscription service.

The only thing good Parry has done.
      The site is excellent, but lfcreds.com is the best though ain't it.
      « Last Edit: Mar 05, 2008 06:08:27 pm by JD »
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: REDS TAKE 100% CONTROL OF LFC.TV
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2008 05:51:20 pm
      Some good news now I hope their first news bulletin shall be a piece on LFC being taken over by DIC.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #2: Mar 05, 2008 06:07:45 pm
      Excellent news that the club fully owns LFC.TV.

I guess it will hit them even harder when we all unsubscribe in protest at Tom Cocks.  (I've already unsubscribed in protest btw)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Mar 05, 2008 06:09:58 pm
      Excellent news that the club fully owns LFC.TV.

I guess it will hit them even harder when we all unsubscribe in protest at Tom Cocks.  (I've already unsubscribed in protest btw)

1 down 100000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000 to go then?  ;D

Great news.  If we all unsubscribe we won't be paying in to Tom Hicks's back pocket.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Re: Reds take 100% control of LFC.TV
      Reply #4: Mar 06, 2008 12:37:44 am
      I think it will only be die hard reds that unsubscribe from it, and even though there is alot of them, just not enough to hurt them on this one.

Quick Reply