Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool v West Ham - Match Thread

Read 20454 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Liverpool v West Ham - Match Thread
      Reply #253: Mar 05, 2008 11:22:15 pm
      Who still wants Rafa out then? :D :D :D

Ask Richobaz that! You'd have to wait until the next Liverpool defeat though, he only ever comes on here around about then!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #254: Mar 05, 2008 11:24:32 pm
      Ask Richobaz that! You'd have to wait until the next Liverpool defeat though, he only ever comes on here around about then!

To be fair mate, negative as he can be at times, Rich does come on here after we win, and is happy to be proved wrong.

On a side note, I just checked when Poolgiants was last on here, thought I hadn't seen him for a while. February 18th, the day before the Inter game :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #255: Mar 05, 2008 11:34:35 pm
      I assume that is tonight's game on the LFC channel at 12:15 tonight?
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #256: Mar 05, 2008 11:37:31 pm
      I assume that is tonight's game on the LFC channel at 12:15 tonight?

Tis JD.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #257: Mar 05, 2008 11:38:33 pm
      MsG you're a legend mate...

Redkenny thanks for your nice words mate.

Torres 2nd goal

http://www.divshare.com/download/3959104-c19

Torres 3rd goal, hattrick you beauty and Gerrard's corker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDfOvCNb8c

Ah !!! Thanks Aussie Red, your not so bad yourself ;)

Loved Stevie's goal.....he had to wait for Torres to go off so he could score :lmao:

How come MsG is a legend and I just get thanks for the nice words? Referee!!  ;) Only kidding mate. Cheers for finding the other Torres goals!

Kenny we all think you are a legend mate........Top Mod ;)

Tonight Matthew, I 'am' DonRafael !!!

Richobaz, shake your negative bollocks in the air :D

Ra Ra.........that made me laugh so much :lmao:
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #258: Mar 05, 2008 11:49:58 pm
      If this form continues... you know what we could nick 3rd and get within about 5 or 6 points of the top of the table.

Let see how the Newcastle game goes first.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #259: Mar 05, 2008 11:51:10 pm
      4 - 0

Stick that in yer Champions League ambitions you bitters.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #260: Mar 06, 2008 12:06:58 am
      To be fair mate, negative as he can be at times, Rich does come on here after we win, and is happy to be proved wrong.

On a side note, I just checked when Poolgiants was last on here, thought I hadn't seen him for a while. February 18th, the day before the Inter game :D

We have won every match since then.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #261: Mar 06, 2008 01:03:20 am
      Just watched the highlights on Sky. And I had a good time.
      Will watch the full game tomorrow at some point.

Just want to say, did anyone notice Babel doing a proper realistic John Barnes run in the second half? I had to wipe my eyes with my knuckles. Freaky.

As far as I could see, we looked like we had that thing that's eluded us at Anfield this season, tonight. The determination to win. And it was great to see. Really great.
      I don't want to speak too soon but we seem to be getting better and better and it's all starting to feel like normal service is beginning to resume. But I feel we can still up our play a few notches more.

If there has been two players this season that have stood out, it's Torres and Mascherano for me. These two players have kept the flame alight. Tonight they looked great again, but with the added confidence of other players around them. Maybe some sort of stability in the team selection over the last few games is proving to be a godsend. It's certainly doing Babel good. You can see it.

We have to carry on with this confidence and don't let that scary evil word, complacency, come anywhere near us.
      Kop-Of-Malaya
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -4 
      • Kop The Best
      Reply #262: Mar 06, 2008 01:19:04 am
      Rafa Juz need to keep the momentum as well as the Valencia-formation(4-2-3-1)>>>>>>>>>WOW
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #263: Mar 06, 2008 01:21:23 am
      That team that Rafa played was by far his best team.

Martin Skrtel did brilliant today, Agger's not going to have his easy return into the first team after all.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #264: Mar 06, 2008 02:22:13 am
      Well done to the lads tonight showed what we are all about. The support I thought was great and loud, I am so happy this will start shutting cu*ts and doubters up. I also agree with you RA RA this was by far our best 11 this season. It was 8:45 am and 70th minute when I left the house so I didnt see the Torres third and Stevie's goal either had to be at work at 8:30.

Well what more to say keep it up lads!

Torres -Take a bow son
      Gerrard-take a bow son
      xabi-Take a bow son I was so happy to see Xabi playing so well, he is seconds away from his peak form.

Who needs Lucas now???when we have Xabi
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #265: Mar 06, 2008 06:16:18 am
      Great stuff from the boys...haven't seen the game yet but I will definitely catch it this afternoon...

Watch how El Nino will blow the San Siro away.

Go REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #266: Mar 06, 2008 08:47:51 am
      Just got back online after some major PC problems, and just got news of the result!!! ABsolutely fantastic! After a restless night wondering about the result of such an important match it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to read this thread! 4-0! I can't believe it, get in there you RED MEN, fourth spot is ours again!

Thank you so much AUSSIERED for finding those goals and putting them on, fantastic stuff, Torres ALREADY a legend - back to back hat-tricks at Anfield, can't give this guy enough compliments! Good for Gerrard to have scored as well, this will do his confidence the world of good, and as has been already said we need more of the same against Newcastle! I think I predicted that we were at the beginning of a long run of victories, long may they continue!!!!

Great to read such positive posts, I could almost feel the positive vibes coming through the messages! A special mention I think for Koolkidda who yet again had me in stitches - mate you are a star, and your comments always hit the right note, whether we be winning or losing! You have a real talent to put into words what the fans are feeling in the moment (I remember in a previous match thread bursting out laughing at your "score off this corner you bunch of pricks" when we were losing!).

YNWA
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #267: Mar 06, 2008 09:11:22 am
      Well where do I start.  it was an absolutely cracking night.  We never looked like losing.  We kept up the pressure for 90 minutes and West Ham's attempt to get back into the game early in the second half was soon snuffed out.  Nando was so unlucky not to get four with the rebound off the post staying the wrong side of the line.  Did you see Skrtel's run?  I don't think he could believe how far he got and completely fluffed it in the penalty area.  This is not a criticism, I think he is looking really good in defence and will provide some good competition for the centre back starting line up.  Everyone played well.  Even Riise put one of his piledrivers on target which was unfortunately deflected.  Kuyt provided two assists but again lost the ball too easily at times.  As usual can't criticise his effort.  The down side is Mascherano limping off towards the end.  We will need him against Inter on Tuesday.

Joined in with the protest at half time.  Hope it came across loud and clear on the telly.  It was even commented on in the sports report on Radio Mersyside this morning so it looks like it made an impact.  We now have  a new Torres song but i couldn't make the words out.  Anyone help me out here?

All I can say is same again against Newcastle please. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #268: Mar 06, 2008 09:22:40 am
      Im bloody ecstatic!!!! Torres, what more can be said about the kid? A true champion and no doubt a legend in the making. With Rafa's sh*t tranfer record how could we actually have a good striker....? ::)

Gerrard, what a hit. If i were Alan Curbishley i would have a meeting with SG before evry game against us and bring along a cricket bat. The guy is awesome. So happy with this result!

Also shout to Dirk for setting Nando up for all 3.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #269: Mar 06, 2008 09:55:29 am
      Well spotted JD now it's a race between the two strike forces Torres and Yossi for a hat-trick of hat-tricks (still with me)

So Torres is the winner! I think he's just scoring for fun now this lad is on fire! A big praise has to go to the rest of the team too  I have not seen the footage yet but was listening to it live via Liverpoolfc.tv's e-season ticket which also gives you access to a vast archive as well as the club's official TV channel LFC TV and I heard Carra getting quite a few chances and could of have had a hat trick of his own!
      scousekev
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts | -1 
      Reply #270: Mar 06, 2008 11:02:56 am
      What a result. I am absolutley gutted though, me and my mates had 4 tickets and we were on our way up to liverpool when some idiot in leeds in a white van ran us off the road completley ruining the car!
      we eventually got picked up by the AA at 9.30. and by this time i felt like jumping off a bridge. If anyone noticed the 4 empty seats in block 304 of the kop then yes thay were mine.
      At the minute i am sat watching lfvctv and i feel like crying so spare a thought and if anyone has got a worse story than this about missing a game let me know as at the minut i feel like the unluckiest person alive. sorry if ive bored you with my story.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #271: Mar 06, 2008 11:21:34 am

If anyone noticed the 4 empty seats in block 304 of the kop then yes thay were mine.

thought It was a bit quite back there ;) Gutted for you must of been really pissed off

Could of been worse you could of been one of the West Ham fans who did actually make it to Anfield
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2008 11:24:52 am by Venison 86 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #272: Mar 06, 2008 11:44:59 am
      Could of been worse you could of been one of the West Ham fans who did actually make it to Anfield

Or the accident could have been much worse, so be thankful for that kev. I have never had my hands on a Liverpool ticket or been to Anfield so spare a thought for those people!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #273: Mar 06, 2008 11:47:08 am

Venison....your long journey was made worthwhile, hope you enjoyed it.

Certainly was MsG

I love logging on after a good result, absolute joy to read so much positivity. overall a great team performance even JAR had a decent game with Torres and Masch being outstanding.

Just a word of advice to Dean Ashton lay off the pies mate  ;)

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #274: Mar 06, 2008 11:51:04 am
      Two seasons back missed an entire first half because my cheesyjet flight from Madrd arrived at Lennon late - Anfield stewards weren't too happy with the hand luggage entry request!... tbh ...they were fine actually and put it away for us until after the game.

Brilliant result last night, can't question a single player - all did their bit and we played with swagger and confidence... like we always do when we go an early goal up.

Torres well and truly on fire... Babel coming along nicely and will explode on the scene when his first few goals go in.

Carra could have had two hat-tricks!

Rafa focus that finishing practice away from Torres and onto Carra por favor!

Great stuff... and very welcome ...considering the bucket of sh*t we have become off the field.

LFC IS A PASSION - NOT - A FRANCHISE.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #275: Mar 06, 2008 11:53:14 am
      I love logging on after a good result, absolute joy to read so much positivity.

Surprised but overjoyed about the change in attitude about our performances. Enjoy not reading about how we won but we didnt play to perfection from some (not blaming anyone). Win is a win, lets woop some toon booty!!

Quick Reply