Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool v West Ham - Match Thread

Read 20457 times
      piggy96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -12 
      Re: Liverpool v West Ham - Match Thread
      Reply #276: Mar 06, 2008 12:46:20 pm
      torres is class. best player on the planet
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #277: Mar 06, 2008 01:05:41 pm
      Excellent display from the reds it could easily have been more,nice to see the fans keeping the protests to the half time interval concentrating on the game.What can you say about Torres hes pure class and I wonder what the odds would be on him getting another 3 v the toon.
      scousekev
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts | -1 
      Reply #278: Mar 06, 2008 01:08:04 pm
      i suppose i do have to be thankful noone was hurt. just gutting that it was so hard to get the tickets. will it be easy for me to get tickets if i get a fan card as i bought the westham tickets at almost 3 times their face value and do not want to be paying that much every time i want to go to a game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #279: Mar 06, 2008 04:12:17 pm
      What a result. I am absolutley gutted though, me and my mates had 4 tickets and we were on our way up to liverpool when some idiot in leeds in a white van ran us off the road completley ruining the car!
      we eventually got picked up by the AA at 9.30. and by this time I felt like jumping off a bridge. If anyone noticed the 4 empty seats in block 304 of the kop then yes thay were mine.
      At the minute I am sat watching lfvctv and I feel like crying so spare a thought and if anyone has got a worse story than this about missing a game let me know as at the minut I feel like the unluckiest person alive. sorry if ive bored you with my story.

Scousekev.......thats awful, just glad that you weren't hurt though, bet you were all gutted, I know how difficult it is to get tickets.

Get yourself a fan card, there well worth it :)

Certainly was MsG

I love logging on after a good result, absolute joy to read so much positivity. overall a great team performance even JAR had a decent game with Torres and Masch being outstanding.

Just a word of advice to Dean Ashton lay off the pies mate  ;)

Venison......Glad you got back safe and sound, makes the journey worthwhile when they've won doesn't it :)
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2008 04:14:37 pm by MsGerrard »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #280: Mar 06, 2008 04:29:12 pm
        We now have  a new Torres song but I couldn't make the words out.  Anyone help me out here?

All I can say is same again against Newcastle please. 

Oldred........

Donrafael posted the new Torres song in Fernando's thread......Here is is, enjoy and sing along

His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres
      You'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres
      We bought the lad from sunny Spain
      He gets the ball he scores again
      Fer-nan-do Torres
      Liverpool's number 9
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #281: Mar 06, 2008 08:32:39 pm
      A bit late posting after last nights game. I never expected to put 4 on em ! Thought it would be a bit closer than that. What a good all round performance and what some quality goals. We seem to be able to get forward a lot quicker than we have been. Brilliant. Bar codes next, can't wait !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #282: Mar 06, 2008 08:39:21 pm
      Watched the game last night as I was at work during the day when it was on.

Fantastic performances from all the boys...so happy for Fernando...what a legend he's turning out top be....so wrapped that Stevie gave him the match ball at the end, hopefully he gives him the ball after every match for the rest of the season. ;)

Another 3 points, Newcastle and Michael Owen must be shitting themselves coming to Anfield. I just hope that Rafa keeps playing Torres. I know we have Inter coming up and he needs a rest, but he can rest at the end of the season. Let's not stop this scoring run. I want him to beat Ronaldo to the Golden Boot.

This leads me to the only thing that I questioned yesterday, why drop Fabio after he scored a cracker for Riise, who has been pretty piss poor all season. Just couldn't figure it out. Was Fabio injured?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #283: Mar 06, 2008 10:22:08 pm
      I dont think Aurelio was injured he was just benched, besides Riise played pretty well and did his defensive duties pretty well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      Reply #284: Mar 06, 2008 11:22:36 pm
      yeah, i know Riise did ok but he's been poor all season ....it's just that a guy scores his first goal for the club and then gets dropped to the bench.....where's his confidence going to go?  :(
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #285: Mar 06, 2008 11:32:32 pm
      yeah, I know Riise did ok but he's been poor all season ....it's just that a guy scores his first goal for the club and then gets dropped to the bench.....where's his confidence going to go?  :(

Spot on mate. I couldn't understand that before the game myself. Fair do's to Riise though, as Dadorious said, he did have a decent game.

Maybe it's a case of shop window?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #286: Mar 06, 2008 11:38:06 pm
      On the Riise point I feel that Rafa will play some players just to keep them involved if he feels it will not affect the result. He obviously feels all his players are capable of performing and probably felt that after Fabio playing a few games this was an ideal time to give him a break and maybe help Riise get a bit of form back.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      Reply #287: Mar 07, 2008 12:10:10 am

Maybe it's a case of shop window?

maybe red, good point mate but you'd think if that's the case he might put Riise out in the Newcastle game....I'm sure the barcodes have been interested in him.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #288: Mar 07, 2008 08:23:48 am

Oldred........

Donrafael posted the new Torres song in Fernando's thread......Here is is, enjoy and sing along

His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres
      You'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres
      We bought the lad from sunny Spain
      He gets the ball he scores again
      Fer-nan-do Torres
      Liverpool's number 9

Cheers MsG.

Quick Reply