Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Ricardo Kaká

Read 14534 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Ricardo Kaká
      Mar 07, 2008 01:12:44 am
      He must move to a club with bigger ambitions now. You don't get any bigger than AC Milan but it looks like they are a club on the decline, and even more so is the league he's playing in.

Kaká must think strongly about his career, and if I was him I'd definitely be wanting a move abroad. He is too good for AC Milan now, and he's only 25 so he's got a big future still.

I think he needs to move to a club that's going to suit him play. Arsenal & Utd won't buy him, Chelsea can but would he want to play for them? He won't join us, we've got Stevie G. So my best bet would be Real Madrid. They have plenty of Brazilian players and they are not scared to break the bank like they did with Zidane who soon after turned into the best player in the world!

Real Madrid are top of the league but they have their goalkeeper to thank for that, he's been amazing this season. A lot of young players at Real Madrid now, Kaká would fit in just fine.

I feel that any player heading for a world class status should steer clear from Italy, it's corrupt and has no real passion for football what so ever!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Ricardo Kaká
      Reply #1: Mar 07, 2008 01:18:17 am
      Agree Ra Ra but did you hear the commentator the other night saying that Kaka loves Milan and his ambition is to be captain one day?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Mar 07, 2008 01:25:01 am
      Agree Ra Ra but did you hear the commentator the other night saying that Kaka loves Milan and his ambition is to be captain one day?

Nope didn't hear that.
      Sometimes certain players don't care about the money or their reputation, if they are attached to the club they play for then they are true at heart! This is nice thing about Kaká, he's putting his football before his wallet. If he loves Milan and wants to stay with them then I'd be a proud admirer of him as many footballers only care about their reputations and bank balance...

He is lets say, loyal... I hope Fernando can have the same attitude toward us
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #3: Mar 07, 2008 10:43:45 am
      Nope didn't hear that.
      Sometimes certain players don't care about the money or their reputation, if they are attached to the club they play for then they are true at heart! This is nice thing about Kaká, he's putting his football before his wallet. If he loves Milan and wants to stay with them then I'd be a proud admirer of him as many footballers only care about their reputations and bank balance...

He is lets say, loyal... I hope Fernando can have the same attitude toward us

yeah he seems like a very honest professional and thankful to milan for making him what he is now. i could see him staying at milan for the rest of his playing days, milan are always going to be one of europe's to clubs
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 07, 2008 11:29:46 am
      I think your being a little harsh on Milan because they're not one of the most successful clubs in the world for nothing. Yes they're going through a rough patch now (we are too BTW) but I think its because the current generation of players in their team is coming to a close with only Kaka, Pato and Gilardino still young enough to cut it.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #5: Mar 07, 2008 11:19:25 pm
      I think i'd actually stay you know. They arent a club in decline their players age is just catching up with them, he wont have the same impact at another club just like stevie wouldnt. They just need some new young players and they will be back to the way they were before.

I think he will stay there he loves the club and showed how great he and they can be last season.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Mar 09, 2008 11:04:46 am
      I thought id heard he had signed a new contract to stay,might be wrong.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 09, 2008 11:43:24 am
      I thought id heard he had signed a new contract to stay,might be wrong.

Yes, he just resigned with AC. And by the way he talked at the press conference, I don't think he's goin anywhere. His heart is at Milan, and he doesn't care about the money anyway. He gives most of it to the United Nations World Food Program. It would take one heck of a negotiator to get him here, but if he would come, we would be unstoppable.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Mar 09, 2008 11:56:00 am
      The trouble with Milan is that they're not actually very rich. Okay so they're in the Champions League consistently (although after this season perhaps not...) but that can only take you so far. They don't have the money to compete with the other two prominent leagues, the Premiership and La Liga. Notice how not too long ago there used to be live showings and highlights of Serie A games on English TV, but since Berlusconi fu**ed up and the whole match-fixing fiasco happened, they're hardly even shown anymore. Perhaps Five picked up the coverage, but then again Five pick up Everton v SK Brann so that hardly shows anything other than they're desperate (:D). The point is, the HUGE value of TV money is almost entirely in La Liga (which Sky have taken to showing live) and of course the Premiership, where, say what you like about him, Scudamore has managed to haul in massive amounts of TV license money from various deals.

Other than outside investment, TV license money is pretty much the most effective way to increase income, and with no focus on Serie A anymore, the whole Italian league is suffering. Of course there are still very good teams, and I'm talking relatively - obviously AC have more money than Hereford United - but they just don't have the money to compete with the rich teams like Chelsea, Barca, Real and Manure in signing the cream of the crop, or very promising youngsters, so they're relying on the old lads who've been there to rescue the club, but as they're all knocking on abit, it's not a reliable plan.

AC Milan are in a worse position than most Serie A teams as now the majority oft heir first team is ageing and now they just don't have the money to compete with expectation and the Champions League regulars.

They need a transfer savvy manager, (Arsene Wenger would be perfect, considering he's spent so little at Arsenal) or outside investment, which itself isn't likely, as a game thats known to have been corrupt, violent and unpredictable fans that cause games to be played behind close doors, and little chance to make a profit considering lack of avenues of income doesn't sound like a sound investment to all these Americans coming over, whereas property in the Premiership, with its TV money, huge fanbase and possibility of moving up in the world (as Villa have done with Lerner) sounds like a very good buy.

So because of this, AC aren't really going anywhere, and whilst I understand Kaka is fiercely loyal, I think if he wants to achieve everything a player of his calibre should, he needs to move elsewhere, preferably abroad.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #9: Mar 09, 2008 02:35:05 pm
      Yep, Ricky has signed a contract with Milan until 2013. It's basically a "life" contract. However, wasn't Shevchenko in love with Milan also and look what happened there? I've read some interviews with Kaka and it really does seem like he is dedicated to the club and would not leave. He's settled in Milan with a young family and is happy. I don't think he needs to leave anyway. Milan are in transition, not decline. He is already the best player in the world so moving to Madrid isn't necessary. He's already achieved more than most players his age and anything he wins from now would be a bonus. It's refreshing to have the best player in the world committing himself to one club.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Mar 10, 2008 12:59:18 am
      Yep, Ricky has signed a contract with Milan until 2013. It's basically a "life" contract. However, wasn't Shevchenko in love with Milan also and look what happened there? 

Poor Shevy. We ruined his Milan career didn't we.....

I think you can get better than AC Milan for a player of Kaka's talent. You only have to look at sea dwarf. I doubt he could compete constantly in our league. But I think Kaka would. Even though we have Gerrard there is no way I'd refuse Kaka joining our squad. Imagine Gerrard, Kaka, Mascherano and Torres up front. Very scary.

The Italian league is a touch slower than here and Spain. I think Ra is right saying he could do better elsewhere. But he does love Milan and I admire loyalty in a player.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Mar 10, 2008 01:02:32 am
      . Imagine  Mascherano up front. Very scary.

Yeah.......but could he score goals   ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Mar 10, 2008 01:08:32 am
      --------------------Reina-----------------------
      --Finnan------Carra----Agger----Arbeloa----------
      --------------Masch----Alonso------------------
      --Pennant---------------------------Babel--------
      -------------------Gerrard----------------------
      --------------------Torres----------------------

IMO Kaka isn't as good as our Stevie.  And that Gerrard + Torres partnership is as scary as it gets.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #13: Mar 10, 2008 09:58:07 am
      Of course kaka isnt as good as stevie no AM in world football is.

No one covers as much ground as he does, and puts in more work. But kaka is a fantastic player and at just 25 he can only get better. Im happy he has stayed with AC, i have more respect for players who stick with their club through the hard times rather than jump ship.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Mar 10, 2008 09:43:15 pm

Yeah.......but could he score goals   ;)

Poor editing young lady.  ;) Of course Mascherano would score! Where's your faith.  :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #15: Mar 10, 2008 11:08:44 pm
      You don't get any bigger than AC Milan

Stop right there.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #16: Mar 10, 2008 11:45:13 pm
      Poor editing young lady.  ;) Of course Mascherano would score! Where's your faith.  :D

I'd love to see Masch get a goal before the season's out........wonder what he's like at taking penalties, he can't half hit the ball ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #17: Mar 12, 2008 10:17:19 pm
      Of course kaka isnt as good as stevie no AM in world football is.

No one covers as much ground as he does, and puts in more work. But kaka is a fantastic player and at just 25 he can only get better. Im happy he has stayed with AC, I have more respect for players who stick with their club through the hard times rather than jump ship.

lil cisse, Kaka is a better AM than Gerrard is no question. However Gerrard is a better all round player than Kaka. On his day, no one is better in the AM role than Kaka, just that he's not having a very good season.

We saw Kaka rip open Man Utd last season. It would be hard to imagine any other player in the world to do that just yet, maybe a 2005 Ronaldinho but what Kaka did last season in the Champions League was something special.

Kaka maybe should stay at Milan if thats where he's happy, but if he wants to boost his reputation then I'd get out of Italy and go to England, maybe Spain.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #18: Mar 17, 2008 12:40:32 am
      lil cisse, Kaka is a better AM than Gerrard is no question. However Gerrard is a better all round player than Kaka. On his day, no one is better in the AM role than Kaka, just that he's not having a very good season.

We saw Kaka rip open Man Utd last season. It would be hard to imagine any other player in the world to do that just yet, maybe a 2005 Ronaldinho but what Kaka did last season in the Champions League was something special.

Kaka maybe should stay at Milan if thats where he's happy, but if he wants to boost his reputation then I'd get out of Italy and go to England, maybe Spain.

In your opinion. In mine i'd take stevie for his AM play over kaka anyday, Kaka was amazing in the CL last season buti still think stevie is better at that role he does everything in it and although kaka is amazing in an AM position i have seen him marked out of matches three times without too much trouble, Masch, Flamini/Fabregas, Hamman all did it and the arsenal pair even made him lose his cool and i've never seen him do that ever.

Stevie is more powerful and opposition cant control him he is unstoppable. Kaka is more flair than stevie but i think stevie is more of a threat.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Kaka to Chelsea?
      Reply #19: Jul 08, 2008 10:45:51 am
      Chelsea go all out for Kaka
      From correspondents in Rome, Italy
      July 07, 2008 CHELSEA have put an "astronomical" offer on the table for star Brazil playmaker Kaka, AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said without giving further details of the proposed deal.

"An astronomical offer has come in from Chelsea for Kaka,'' Galliani told Italian newspaper La Stampa, adding the English club have also expressed interest in World Cup winner Andrea Pirlo.

Despite failing to qualify for the Champions League, Galliani insisted the Rossoneri have been continuing to strengthen their squad and increase players' salaries.

"This means we'll be €50 million ($A81.87 million) in the red,'' he said.

"All we would need to do in order to wipe out our debts is sell Kaka and Pirlo.''

AC Milan have been linked with various players in the off season, including Barcelona duo Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho and Arsenal's unsettled star Emmanuel Adebayor.

Agence France-Presse

Share this article: Digg this Post to del.icio.us Post to Newsvine
      Font size: Increase font size Decrease font size Send this article: Print this article Email this article

I doubt it, but it wouldn't suprise me.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Kaka to Chelsea?
      Reply #20: Jul 09, 2008 12:07:01 pm
      Scolari is a former brazil boss so thats going to help their chances unfortuantly
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jul 09, 2008 12:19:29 pm
      Scolari is a former brazil boss so thats going to help their chances unfortuantly

I watched a story on him and Alexandre Pato a little while back. Both were young Brazilians who dreamt of a move to AC Milan from a very young age. Kaka is now Pato's mentor somewhat so i dont see it happening.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #22: Jul 09, 2008 07:34:13 pm
      I also remember watching a show (I think it was Champions League weekly) where he says he wants to stay at AC Milan for the next 5 years.

Also I was listening to a podcast (BBC) where they said the rumor game from the fact they were in talks about Drogba and Chelsea asked if Kaka could be bought. They punted a number that they would potentially pay if he was on the transfer market and then the transfer manager for AC Milan Galliani told this story to sort of make it seem like he was being the good guy saying "No one will take our best players for any amount of money" because he is having a tough time in the market trying to rebuild the old squad.

Quick Reply